sobercuban

Jon Jones did things **Official** :(

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

IMG_0295-750x400.jpg
Jon Jones (José Youngs/ The MMA Corner)
Jon Jones’ College Roommate: “He’d be Throwing People Through Windows. He Has a Bad Temper.”

November 14, 2014

Controversy continues to follow UFC light heavyweight champion and pound-for-pound best Jon Jones.

For those who do not remember, Jones was thrust into the spotlight after he and current number one contender Daniel Cormier got into a little scuffle in the lobby of the MGM Grand during a media appearance in August.  Foreheads were touched, fists were flung and the entire MMA community hung their heads in shame as two of their biggest stars drew the ire of the entire sporting world.

However, according to UFC welterweight Colby Covington, who roomed with Jones during their time on the Iowa Central Community College wrestling team, this act of aggression from the champion was nothing he hadn’t seen before.

During an appearance on the popular MMA Roasted podcast, Covington, who was last seen earning a submission victory over Wagner Silva Gomes at UFC Fight Night 56, revealed Jones would often get into brawls during his college days with some of the town locals.

“We got into a lot of trouble,” revealed Covington. “When you’re in a small town in Iowa, a lot of kids are farm kids and they always wanted to start some stuff with the wrestlers and I was a national champ in college and Jon was a national champ, so they’d always try to pick fights at our house parties and stuff. We would just clear out the place of a bunch of townies. Especially Jon. He’d be throwing people through windows and stuff. He was nuts. He has a bad temper, when he gets mad, he gets mad.

“This one time we were by the stairs and this one guy was jumping down the stairs on me. I was picking him and double legging him and Jon had like three guys on the ground. It was nuts. They were vicious, violent attacks.”

Jones (20-1), currently the number one ranked light heavyweight and number one pound-for-pound fighter according to the official UFC fighter rankings, is scheduled meet Cormier in their main event title fight at UFC 182 in January. The two were originally expected to settle their differences at UFC 178 in September before a knee injury forced Jones off the card. He will enter this bout with several UFC light heavyweight records under his belt, including most successful title defenses (7), most consecutive title defenses (7), most submission victories (5) and longest winning streak (11).

Listen to the entire segment with Covington, as well as UFC middleweight Luke Barnatt and Marina Shafir on the latest episode of MMA Roasted below:

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

IMG_0295-750x400.jpg
Jon Jones (José Youngs/ The MMA Corner)
Jon Jones’ College Roommate: “He’d be Throwing People Through Windows. He Has a Bad Temper.”

November 14, 2014

Controversy continues to follow UFC light heavyweight champion and pound-for-pound best Jon Jones.

For those who do not remember, Jones was thrust into the spotlight after he and current number one contender Daniel Cormier got into a little scuffle in the lobby of the MGM Grand during a media appearance in August.  Foreheads were touched, fists were flung and the entire MMA community hung their heads in shame as two of their biggest stars drew the ire of the entire sporting world.

However, according to UFC welterweight Colby Covington, who roomed with Jones during their time on the Iowa Central Community College wrestling team, this act of aggression from the champion was nothing he hadn’t seen before.

During an appearance on the popular MMA Roasted podcast, Covington, who was last seen earning a submission victory over Wagner Silva Gomes at UFC Fight Night 56, revealed Jones would often get into brawls during his college days with some of the town locals.

“We got into a lot of trouble,” revealed Covington. “When you’re in a small town in Iowa, a lot of kids are farm kids and they always wanted to start some stuff with the wrestlers and I was a national champ in college and Jon was a national champ, so they’d always try to pick fights at our house parties and stuff. We would just clear out the place of a bunch of townies. Especially Jon. He’d be throwing people through windows and stuff. He was nuts. He has a bad temper, when he gets mad, he gets mad.

“This one time we were by the stairs and this one guy was jumping down the stairs on me. I was picking him and double legging him and Jon had like three guys on the ground. It was nuts. They were vicious, violent attacks.”

Jones (20-1), currently the number one ranked light heavyweight and number one pound-for-pound fighter according to the official UFC fighter rankings, is scheduled meet Cormier in their main event title fight at UFC 182 in January. The two were originally expected to settle their differences at UFC 178 in September before a knee injury forced Jones off the card. He will enter this bout with several UFC light heavyweight records under his belt, including most successful title defenses (7), most consecutive title defenses (7), most submission victories (5) and longest winning streak (11).

Listen to the entire segment with Covington, as well as UFC middleweight Luke Barnatt and Marina Shafir on the latest episode of MMA Roasted below:

Karma is better when AGED... It becomes epic to behold when pay back comes back around to pay a visit.

Edited by PakaL

All this **** makes me like Jones a little bit more

That's odd how that works when he came out i liked the phoney MASK JJ had on. Then after time the college kid bully came to light, i then got to see the POPPA doc in him and it kept getting worse. Next thing you know his chester molester side was exposed it equalled game over. Thugs from 2 parent homes are scarey to me as any TRUE thug would kill for normality they the poppa docs pretend to not be a part of.

Edited by PakaL
  • Like 1

That's odd how that works when he came out i liked the phoney MASK JJ had on. Then after time the college kid bully came to light, i then got to see the POPPA doc in him and it kept getting worse. Next thing you know his chester molester side was exposed it equalled game over. Thugs from 2 parent homes are scarey to me as any TRUE thug would kill for normality they the poppa docs pretend to not be a part of.

English-motherfr-do-you-speak-it.jpg

• Like 5

What in the ****??

Zaksame, translate this ****!

• Like 2

Look it's poppa doc / JJ after a fresh shave YO !

He a triple threat multi talented artist YO.

http://youtu.be/1MUJ3I1gNgE

It's got to be the panty hose perfect chicken legs YO.

Edited by PakaL

That's odd how that works when he came out i liked the phoney MASK JJ had on. Then after time the college kid bully came to light, i then got to see the POPPA doc in him and it kept getting worse. Next thing you know his chester molester side was exposed it equalled game over. Thugs from 2 parent homes are scarey to me as any TRUE thug would kill for normality they the poppa docs pretend to not be a part of.https://i.imgflip.com/e5omn.jpg

e5omn.jpg

• Like 2

e5omn.jpg

On your death bed a long long long time from now read it you might actually get it...

On another note do you really think JJ is going to stand a chance against DC the belt snatcher?

lol the GOAT mirin'

I'm impressed by his ability to embarrass himself in every tweet and public appearance. 

• Like 2

I'm impressed by his ability to embarrass himself in every tweet and public appearance. 

The other white guy homie

• Like 2

the dude who said this....

“I would like Cub to win for the specific reason that he seems to think he has been promised the UFC title shot if he wins this fight against Frankie,” McGregor said at a Monday press conference in Las Vegas. “So I want to him to win that contest, and then I will bake a freshly made pie and smack him clean in the face with it when I get the title shot.”

Mmmmm, freshly made pie

• Like 1

lol I knew what you meant, I was commenting about Jones general ability to do something worthy of bumping this thread every day.

the dude who said this....

“I would like Cub to win for the specific reason that he seems to think he has been promised the UFC title shot if he wins this fight against Frankie,” McGregor said at a Monday press conference in Las Vegas. “So I want to him to win that contest, and then I will bake a freshly made pie and smack him clean in the face with it when I get the title shot.”

Mmmmm, freshly made pie

He wants Cub to win because he knows Edgar would ruin him. 

Jones is definitely hittin that.

Conor Mcgoat has a better chance of creating a future olympian with her way before ROOjon.

Edited by PakaL

Let's not talk about that leprechaun in a Jones thread please.

You're right never mention KING stuff in a scrubs thread my bad.

So, I should dislike Jones for having no mercy for retarded village people who attack people at parties?

He should've broken their necks for all I care!

Good for Jones! Hespect earned!

• Like 1

So, I should dislike Jones for having no mercy for retarded village people who attack people at parties?

He should've broken their necks for all I care!

Good for Jones! Hespect earned!

i knew ROOjon was funky but dizlam....

His old hommies doing the ymca

i knew ROOjon was funky but dizlam....

His old hommies doing the ymca

This has to be some american reference I'm not familiar with. That's quite a stereotypical group of american men in this video. Pretty much how I imagine the americans on this forum.

This has to be some american reference I'm not familiar with. That's quite a stereotypical group of american men in this video. Pretty much how I imagine the americans on this forum.

How do you not know The Village People??? 

• Like 1

Maybe it was .. I don't reckon you were alive in the 70s

That stuff was rocking on the radios through the 80's around the same time country music was played on 90% of all school buses across this country.

Maybe it was .. I don't reckon you were alive in the 70s

Neither was I in the 60s - didn't stop me from knowing The Beatles, Jimmy Hendricks and those kind of foreign bands/artists, who were actually good.

That's a bump in the BBC rankings tho

There are many crimes that will bump you in the BBC rankings like theft, assault or drugs charges.

Perjury is not one of them lol

• Like 2

There are many crimes that will bump you in the BBC rankings like theft, assault or drugs charges.

Perjury is not one of them lol

I don't know mate, it worked for Clinton!

• Like 2