Sign in to follow this  
TigerChamp

This is not a photo. Art appreciation

Just read an article on an artist named Samuel Silva.

Although he uses may mediums the article focused on his ballpoint pen artwork. Thats right, the same ballpoint pens you buy at the newsagent.

I have included a couple of samples of his work as well as a link to the original article, but I would like you all to not only comment but post some of your favorite artwork.

637203-redhead-girl-ballpoint-pen-on-paper.jpg

637215-tiger-bic-ballpoint-pen.jpg

751907-viana-arts.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/world/amazingly-this-is-a-drawing-made-with-ballpoint-pens-not-a-photograph/story-fndir2ev-1226456675564

• Like 3

Just read an article on an artist named Samuel Silva.

Although he uses may mediums the article focused on his ballpoint pen artwork. Thats right' date=' the same ballpoint pens you buy at the newsagent.

I have included a couple of samples of his work as well as a link to the original article, but I would like you all to not only comment but post some of your favorite artwork.

[img']http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2012/08/23/1226456/637203-redhead-girl-ballpoint-pen-on-paper.jpg[/img]

637215-tiger-bic-ballpoint-pen.jpg

751907-viana-arts.jpg

[url=http://www.news.com.au/world/amazingly-this-is-a-drawing-made-with-ballpoint-pens-not-a-photograph/story-fndir2ev-1226456675564]http://www.news.com.au/world/amazingly-this-is-a-drawing-made-with-ballpoint-pens-not-a-photograph/story-fndir2ev-

You got a thing for Redheads don't ya??

someone should tell the gentleman in this photo hes holding that baby wrong and could do damage if he continues' date=' thank you[/quote']

Dude, thats not a photo. It was drawn with a ball point pen. Hence the thread title

Dude' date=' thats not a photo. It was drawn with a ball point pen. Hence the thread title[/quote']

not gonna lie, i skimmed the title & just looked at the pics. holy ****!!!! this man may be the baddest guy on the planet

Amazing

and yes, all of these works are amazing, the time it would take to get the definition using a ballpoint is ridiculous.

not gonna lie' date=' i skimmed the title & just looked at the pics. holy ****!!!! this man may be the baddest guy on the planet[/quote']

if you go to his site he said it took something like four pens just to do the background. It's pretty much photorealistic

You're telling me this ***** drew these with a ball point pen.

DAAAAAAAAAAMMMMN

I was about to call BS on it they are that good

Once again this is all done with a ball point

girl_with_a_pearl_earring___ballpoint_pen_by_vianaarts-d4tesu7.jpg

This one is called "Girl with the pearl earing"

Definently Scarlet J

^^ That ****'s unreal (unreal as in ****ing great) ^^

I don't even know where to' date=' or even that you could purchase ball point pens in those colors.[/quote']

If you go to his site he explains his processes, 6 different coloured pens and alot of time.

I was so impressed I wanted to share it with you guys :)

I will be posting some more tonight or tomorrow, different artist. Would like to get something going here. Feel free to post anything you think should be appreciated.

Once again this is all done with a ball point

girl_with_a_pearl_earring___ballpoint_pen_by_vianaarts-d4tesu7.jpg

This one is called "Girl with the pearl earing"

Definently Scarlet J

I found it hard at first,but I managed to fap to this..

• Like 1

I think that artist might be lying then. I don't think you can get that kind of color and tones with ballpoint pens.

Looks like he used acrylics or oils to me.

Either way it's still great work.

Prepare to be mind blown

daltoned01.jpg

4.jpg

art-pencil-sculpture-17.png

Google Pencil tip sculpture

Ok first off, this is some amazin work bro, who was the artist? the amount of time and skill required to make these is crazy. Graphite is so brittle. great addition! :D

I think that artist might be lying then. I don't think you can get that kind of color and tones with ballpoint pens.

Looks like he used acrylics or oils to me.

Either way it's still great work.

At first I thought the same thing, but after reading up on the artist, I think It's legit.

Having never seen the work in person, having never seen anything comparable, I can't be sure, But as you said either way it's fantastic work

So in keeping with the theme I found another artist that uses the ballpoint pen as a medium

Juan Francisco Casas Ruiz

juanfranciscocasas-1.jpg

juanfranciscocasas-8.jpg

juanfranciscocasas-6.jpg

Amazing work

And I don't know the name of the guy that works with the pencils' date=' you can find it on google though[/quote']

Samuel Silva ? portugu?s :D

The original I mean.