StompGrind

Game of Thrones

In a battle where the entire Dothraki hord went extinct in about 15 seconds, and about 99% of their Army died, only 3 named characters were killed and none of the fan favorites. Grow some ****ing balls HBO.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, OzStraya said:

Exactly how you did in the gay old format 

There was a button for it in the gay old format. I love how they make this chithole less convenient and user friendly as time goes by.

• Haha 1

**** sakes that was rather anticlimactic

i was expecting alot more people to die. instead they went full hollywood

Edited by -idyb-
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Reveal hidden contents

knew they'd trash the storyline with these beta writers.  Arya popping up to ice iceman was wack. At least now that's done with we can go back to the game of thrones

I actually didn't have a problem with that part. Especially because I called it out to my wife about 15 seconds before it happened. I also called....

The NK raising the dead army and then walking away from Jon

melisandre got me half chub tho at the end i want to get me some of that 402 year old booty

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 2

It makes sense that Arya is able to kill NK since she is a trained assassin. No one was going to beat him 1 on 1 without surprising him. I think they could have killed off more people but we still have another war to be fought so they need them to make it entertaining.

• Like 3

Jon Snow and crew know nothing about war strategy. They sent their Dothraki soldiers into the darkness without so much as a scout to check things out first. Then the wights were standing at the fire pits and none of the archers were taking the easy shots

• Like 2

some of my immediate thoughts on the episode. sorry for the moe length. also spoiler warning if you haven’t seen the episode since i can’t figure out how to post spoilers on mobile. 

This episode wasn’t even the best in GOT. battle of the bastards and the siege of castle black were both much better. the beginning before they fell back to castle black and all the dragon **** was hard as hell to follow  the lighting and effects were dumb too. i thought i had cataracts for the first third of the fight. like i get they’re fighting at night in a blizzard but ****s sake. even if u take out all the names characters of the battle of the bastards it’s a ****ing cinematic masterpiece the camera work  was absolutely insane and some of the best i’ve ever seen. the ending of this WAS surprising but in the worst way. like are you serious? arya kills the night king? bran is 100% surrounded how did she sneak in?  it doesn’t make sense for her character arc. like why does she get to be the one who kills him. it should’ve been jamie cuz he’s literally called the “king slayer”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Hide contents

It makes sense that Arya is able to kill NK since she is a trained assassin. No one was going to beat him 1 on 1 without surprising him. I think they could have killed off more people but we still have another war to be fought so they need them to make it entertaining.

Yes, I look forward to the 15 main characters still alive taking on that 20,000 man Army by themselves because they're the only ones who lived, which is strange because they were on the front lines the whole ****ing time. Grey Worm was literally in front the first row of Unsullied and somehow survived being stampeded by thousands of them.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Hide contents

Arya hit him with the same move she used when sparing Brienne

Hmm actually I think I’m wrong about that.  

Just now, sobercuban said:

Hmm actually I think I’m wrong about that.  

Nah dawg, I don't think it was the same move. She dropped the knife with one hand caught with the other to stab him. In that fight with Brienne she lost her sword so she dodged, caught Briennes free hand and then unsheathed her blade with the other hand.

3 minutes ago, 12er© said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, I look forward to the 15 main characters still alive taking on that 20,000 man Army by themselves because they're the only ones who lived, which is strange because they were on the front lines the whole ****ing time. Grey Worm was literally in front the first row of Unsullied and somehow survived being stampeded by thousands of them.

15 characters and a dragon m8

7 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Hide contents

Remember Jon being shocked that she snuck up on him on the godswood? Subtle foreshadowing

• Like 3

I feel like this should have been a 10 episode season. They had two episodes to set up this one, and now they have to wrap up the rest in the next 3. It feels too rushed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 12er© said:

Hide contents

Nah dawg, I don't think it was the same move. She dropped the knife with one hand caught with the other to stab him. In that fight with Brienne she lost her sword so she dodged, caught Briennes free hand and then unsheathed her blade with the other hand.

I swear I’ve seen that move in some show or movie, it’s going to drive me nutty

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Hide contents

LMFAO @ the hound catching PTSD mid battle. What a bish! Go out on your shield like a boss.

Meh i guess Hound redeemed himself saving Arya's bacon who saved everyone's bacon but when he quit mid battle I was like "DUDE WTF are you doing. Get back in the game son. To the death....THIS IS SPARTA"

1 minute ago, 12er© said:

I feel like this should have been a 10 episode season. They had two episodes to set up this one, and now they have to wrap up the rest in the next 3. It feels too rushed.

If they really wanted to I think they could've done two more seasons. At least the next 3 are all long episodes. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

?format=2500w

Game of Thrones taking inspiration from the GOAT Rian Johnson.

Edited by 12er©
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

If they really wanted to I think they could've done two more seasons. At least the next 3 are all long episodes. 

they probably could have stretched it out at least 2 more episodes just having the night king walking towards bran at a snails pace.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

Just now, -idyb- said:

they probably could have stretched it out at least 2 more episodes just with the night king walking towards bran.

Legit LoL'ed.

As long as that scene took I had the thought the NK was gonna start doing the Mcgregor/McMahon walk then take his mask off & reveal he's Putin. 

6DYVUeT.jpg

• Like 1

People can nitpick but that was a ****ing fantastic episode. Wow. Did not see it playing out like that

I'm sure more main characters will die in the last war so all you pessimistic sadists can get your fix of depression. ****ing weirdos

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, poonmachine said:

Whatever happend with the wolf? 

That thing died with the Dothraki. It attacked with them because HBO didn't want to pay to CGI those things into the show anymore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Weidman_The_God said:

People can nitpick but that was a ****ing fantastic episode. Wow. Did not see it playing out like that

I'm sure more main characters will die in the last war so all you pessimistic sadists can get your fix of depression. ****ing weirdos

I'm just glad my two fav's didn't die yet. Tyrion & Arya. Cersei has to go. Will be more satisfying than Joffrey's death  

• Like 1

It was a good episode, was well paced and tents as fark. Enjoyed the heroic death scenes but was surprised as everyone else we didnt see more characters die, but GRRM said the ending would be bittersweet, so despite book to show changes my guess is that there will be much worse heartbreak to come for the survivors. Arya taking out the night king at the last second when everyone else was getting overwhelmed was both really cool, cause shes a badass, but also pretty subversive, because of the expected one on one showdown with Jon.

One complaint i will make was that it was way too dark for many of the chaotic battle scenes to clearly see how it was playing out.  The battle of the bastards might have done a better job in that regard.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Hide contents

Jon Snow and crew know nothing about war strategy. They sent their Dothraki soldiers into the darkness without so much as a scout to check things out first. Then the wights were standing at the fire pits and none of the archers were taking the easy shots

Scene was cool visually though. When red woman lit the swords and it did the wave it was so bad@ss. When you saw all the lights fizzle out quick in the distance was like ok chits about to get real. Because they got rekt so quick you could feel that sense of dread in the air.

• Like 4

what the hell was going on with bran when he worged into the ravens and flew off to go feed his GPS coordinates to the night kings dragon?   perhaps we get to spend half of the next episode hearing about some of his visions or some chit.  what the hell was that all about?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Hide contents

I'm just glad my two fav's didn't die yet. Tyrion & Arya. Cersei has to go. Will be more satisfying than Joffrey's death  

Agreed. For me as long as Jon, Sam, Jamie, Arya and Sansa live I'll be cool

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -idyb- said:

what the hell was going on with bran when he worged into the ravens and flew off to go feed his GPS coordinates to the night kings dragon?   perhaps we get to spend half of the next episode hearing about some of his visions or some chit.  what the hell was that all about?

Yeah that was pretty weird. Dude was out of it for the entire episode 

Don't think its mentioned yet but how ****ing crazy is it that Theon died such a big hero 

Never thought I would root for that dude in a million years but he really turned himself around. Props to the dev's THAT right there is how you develop a character 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Hide contents

Scene was cool visually though. When red woman lit the swords and it did the wave it was so bad@ss. When you saw all the lights fizzle out quick in the distance was like ok chits about to get real. Because they got rekt so quick you could feel that sense of dread in the air.

That scene was legendary, but sending them straight at the dead was chit strategy. I was wondering if the Dothraki got too fired up from their lit swords and went rogue, but I'm watching a behind the scenes thing on the episode and apparently that was part of the plan. However, the plan did go to chit when Dany got emotional watching that Dothraki get genocided and went on the attack. Jon wanted her to wait so they could attack the NK 2 v 1 with the dragons.

• Like 2

Amongst the many highlights, a small detail i think deserves props was the music. The way it was scored really made everything just that bit more immersive

• Like 3

Small detail that I had forgotten about, but the dagger she killed the NK with (and saved Bran) is the dagger that was supposed to be used to kill Bran back in season 1

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TigerChamp said:

Amongst the many highlights, a small detail i think deserves props was the music. The way it was scored really made everything just that bit more immersive

instead of going full hollywood, they should have played Let The Bodies Hit The Floor while killing off everything inside of winterfell

i was rooting for the bad guys but half way through the episode it became pretty clear where the episode was going.

Edited by -idyb-

56 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Yeah I can't remember which one either but it was the 'OMG u used the trick I taught you you absolute bastard!' kind of scene.  Reddit will have it surely. I want to say one of the musketeers films but that's wrong.  Might have even been a book.  Fml

• Like 1

lastly i have came to the conclusion that Sam is the most badass character in all of westeros. this dude is invincible.  he threw hands with the army of the dead and still makes it out alive.  nothing will ever kill this man, and after tyrion dies from alcohol poisoning, sam will be the last man standing. the shows creators have seemed to make the two of them immortal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Yeah I can't remember which one either but it was the 'OMG u used the trick I taught you you absolute bastard!' kind of scene.  Reddit will have it surely. I want to say one of the musketeers films but that's wrong.  Might have even been a book.  Fml

I literally already answered this. Rey did it The Last Jedi. She dropped her lightsaber with one hand, caught it with the other and then killed Snokes guard.

Unless there is some other movie with a similiar scene, but I'll bet that's the one Sober is thinking of because he's seen that movie fairly recently.

That knife move I thought hawkeye used vs black widow in the first avengers movie, but i think there's another movie that does it better. 

Also it's in the winter soldier movie, but I'm positive there's another movie recently damn it!

Arya gets all the best surprise moments. She became my favourite when she merked Walder Frey and his entire damn house but because of that I never thought she would have been the one to have the honours of killing the night king. Honestly I thought melisandre was just giving her a pep talk to keep fighting. Not to single handedly flatline the entire god damn army!

I was hoping that the night king would actually win this one & only a select few heroes would survive while the night king moves on to attack kings landing. Honestly I 100% thought cersei was going to suicide nuke kings landing with wildfire after it gets overrun by the dead, and the last few heroes go on a suicide mission to kill the night king there... but w/e I don't really know what to make of the show now since the big bad is dead.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 12er© said:

I literally already answered this. Rey did it The Last Jedi. She dropped her lightsaber with one hand, caught it with the other and then killed Snokes guard.

Unless there is some other movie with a similiar scene, but I'll bet that's the one Sober is thinking of because he's seen that movie fairly recently.

Ive never watched that chit m8

14 hours ago, OzStraya said:

The non GRRM writers aren't smart enough for that chit.  Expect more unfinished plotholes rather than elaborate twists. All the obvious stuff will happen.  If littlefinger appears it's because Arya is wearing his face.  

The general gist of this. Watched for a 2nd time and goddamn this is now the letdown of thrones 

Threef

Lazy kents. I'm worried the only explanation we'll get about NK needing to hi-5 bran at the end will be from old mate birdeyes himself.  

Turns out Maisie and Kit and a bunch of others were all pissed at the writers twist and thought fans would hate it.  Would love to see what GRRM says about it

I'm still 2 seasons behind and bingeing to catch up but can anybody give a non-spoilery review on why the episode is getting so much hate. Has the worst rottentomatoes score for any episode I've seen as well.