Jump to content
StompGrind

Game of Thrones

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

I'm far more emotionally invested in the show and its characters than I let on, but I recognize that it's not my story to tell, so I rarely get triggered by the writing.  

 

2 minutes ago, TigerChamp said:

Dude referenced himself a half dozen or more times in a paragraph, IVE been watching since the beginning, IVE been blah blah blah. Some people spend so long overanalysing things they create needless expectation, then its a personal blow when their expectations arent met, or something takes a turn in an unexpected way. 

 

 

2 minutes ago, 12er© said:

Exactly this. It's fine to be invested, but you have to accept that you don't ****ing own it and the creators owe you nothing.

I really felt like Jamie's ending was disappointing, but it didn't ruin the show for me because it's not my place to decide how it ends.

these ^

When did people get this show confused for a feel good fairy tale following all their favorite tropes. It's been rustling jims since day 1. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TUF said:

 

 

these ^

When did people get this show confused for a feel good fairy tale following all their favorite tropes. It's been rustling jims since day 1. 

I want you to remember that post when you feel the urge to complain about Episode 9 later this year.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 12er© said:

I want you to remember that post when you feel the urge to complain about Episode 9 later this year.

You know I can't do that Kevin

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TigerChamp said:

Dude referenced himself a half dozen or more times in a paragraph, IVE been watching since the beginning, IVE been blah blah blah. Some people spend so long overanalysing things they create needless expectation, then its a personal blow when their expectations arent met, or something takes a turn in an unexpected way. 

 

Projection, infatuation, delusional...all rolled into 1 package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That said. LookHowTheyMassacredMyBoy.jpg Bronn. Even GRRM said they forced Bronn in for fan service. His crossbow scene with Jamie and Tyrion was like a bad stage play and makes no fooking sense.

Edited by TUF
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DoomPatrol said:

She's been pretty ruthless with her enemies, but that's a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong jump to needlessly killing thousands of innocents who just surrendered (the townsfolk never took arms against her). Having a bit of a temper < mass murderer

 

THANK YOU. all the people saying "oh dany always did some f-up'd chit so how didnt you see this coming?" really dont understand the show. yea shes been cruel before but its always been justified towards people who deserved it. shes never once massacred thousands of innocent women and children. im not upset that Dany went crazy im upset with how the writers showed it happening. they didnt lead up or gradually build to it rather they just decided to flip a switch in dany's head and make her go sicko mode 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 12er© said:

Exactly this. It's fine to be invested, but you have to accept that you don't ****ing own it and the creators owe you nothing.

this is the most beta **** i ever seen. its like saying my gf cheated on me but i cant get upset cuz she isnt my wife. ****s sake

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

THANK YOU. all the people saying "oh dany always did some f-up'd chit so how didnt you see this coming?" really dont understand the show. yea shes been cruel before but its always been justified towards people who deserved it. shes never once massacred thousands of innocent women and children. im not upset that Dany went crazy im upset with how the writers showed it happening. they didnt lead up or gradually build to it rather they just decided to flip a switch in dany's head and make her go sicko mode 

Lol at we don't understand the show. After about 50 hours of TV and 5000 pages of the books I think I have a pretty firm grasp on the story and  the progression has been explained multiple times in this thread. 

Besides the major events mentioned by 12er you have seen little looks of distrust and jealousy. They changed her make up to make her look tired and a little more evil. She has been threatening those closest to her with death. Before the battle she flat out said that the people in the city were traitors with Cersei because they stayed. She has killed everyone that isn't firmly on her side throughout the entire series.

You need to pay a lot more attention to detail if you think that was just happened out of nowhere. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

THANK YOU. all the people saying "oh dany always did some f-up'd chit so how didnt you see this coming?" really dont understand the show. yea shes been cruel before but its always been justified towards people who deserved it. shes never once massacred thousands of innocent women and children. im not upset that Dany went crazy im upset with how the writers showed it happening. they didnt lead up or gradually build to it rather they just decided to flip a switch in dany's head and make her go sicko mode 

Has it occurred to you that she was on her period ?, you must not know women bro....smfh

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Lol at we don't understand the show. After about 50 hours of TV and 5000 pages of the books I think I have a pretty firm grasp on the story and  the progression has been explained multiple times in this thread. 

Besides the major events mentioned by 12er you have seen little looks of distrust and jealousy. They changed her make up to make her look tired and a little more evil. She has been threatening those closest to her with death. Before the battle she flat out said that the people in the city were traitors with Cersei because they stayed. She has killed everyone that isn't firmly on her side throughout the entire series.

You need to pay a lot more attention to detail if you think that was just happened out of nowhere. 

do you remember when dany was devastated to find out her dragons had SUPPOSEDLY burned ONE child when she wasn't watching them? she literally locked them up over it. in this episode it seems like a switch flips and everything that was once good about her is gone. shes now just evil for the sake of being evil. if she had to kill innocents to win the battle thats one thing but torching innocent children after the battle was won is just stupid. this is just subversion for the sake of subversion. its lazy writing 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 6:00 PM, 12er© said:

 

  Hide contents

Grey Worm was mean mugging Jon Snow last night. I'm thinking Jon is going to have to slap the **** out of this cat next week.

 

Edson will wheel kick that soyboy's head off

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Has anyone EVER benefitted more from having blonde hair than Emilia Clarke? She seriously gets like 4 more points in the hotness scale

Emilia-Clarke.jpg

going from 0 to 4 is not impressive m8

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brunofr418 said:

this is the most beta **** i ever seen. its like saying my gf cheated on me but i cant get upset cuz she isnt my wife. ****s sake

Yes, not crying about the way another dude decided to tell a made up story is “beta”.

You’re functionally retarded and get bodied every time you comment in here by anyone who bothers to respond to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TigerChamp said:

Do you have any self awareness at all? This is literally everything wrong with fandom

Plenty.

Caring is wrong? Not caring is good?

If you ask George what he wanted to accomplish with his series I'm sure he didn't go for forgettable fast food type of books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TigerChamp said:

Dude referenced himself a half dozen or more times in a paragraph, IVE been watching since the beginning, IVE been blah blah blah. Some people spend so long overanalysing things they create needless expectation, then its a personal blow when their expectations arent met, or something takes a turn in an unexpected way. 

 

I use the word I a lot because I can make only claims on my behalf. Using words like "nobody" or "everybody" is practically always wrong.

Over analyzing this series is why it has been so fun. You could make a case for Roose Bolton being a vampire and it would seem plausible. George has peppered the story with countless details and hints you can interpret in different ways.

As long as the show followed his written work, all the crushed expectations made sense (Ned's beheading, the Red Wedding etc.). Not anymore. I hope the books will be finished so we can see how things were really meant to happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DoomPatrol said:

I actually thought these last episodes were exactly like Rian Johnson had directed them. Subverting expectations... while abandoning logic, character arcs and good storytelling.

They will fit right in with the Disney Star Wars people when they start on the TV series.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Has anyone EVER benefitted more from having blonde hair than Emilia Clarke? She seriously gets like 4 more points in the hotness scale

Emilia-Clarke.jpg

she could be 102 years old and have grey hair and an alan belcher trampstamp for all i care. even if her vulval wall was large enough to keep Vert in mexico, i would still take her directly to pound town
 

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, DoomPatrol said:

Plenty.

Caring is wrong? Not caring is good?

If you ask George what he wanted to accomplish with his series I'm sure he didn't go for forgettable fast food type of books.

I doesnt seem like it.

And caring is fine, every single person who watches the show or reads the book cares, but they dont all go around acting like they have owenership over the series nor the sense of entitlement. 

Even now youre still asserting that you know better, its objectively bad because your expectations have been subverted and GRRM and fans must hate it, or be as dissapointed as you seem to be. How could this possibly be his intention!!!

Sorry mate but you seem to be enamoured with the smell of your own farts

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 12er© said:

Yes, not crying about the way another dude decided to tell a made up story is “beta”.

You’re functionally retarded and get bodied every time you comment in here by anyone who bothers to respond to you.

if you wanna talk about functionally retarted look at the point you’re trying to make. it sounds like something D&D or Rian Johnson would say. “this isn’t your story to tell so you can’t get mad when we **** it up.” regardless of how much you like the story we’ve all invested about 60+ hours into this show at this point so to say we aren’t allowed to get mad at how they’re ****ing it up is retarted. also idk wtf u think bodied means because i haven’t been bodied once on this forum

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
4
15 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

if you wanna talk about functionally retarted look at the point you’re trying to make. it sounds like something D&D or Rian Johnson would say. “this isn’t your story to tell so you can’t get mad when we **** it up.” regardless of how much you like the story we’ve all invested about 60+ hours into this show at this point so to say we aren’t allowed to get mad at how they’re ****ing it up is retarted. also idk wtf u think bodied means because i haven’t been bodied once on this forum

The prosecution rests.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SavageTC said:

I doesnt seem like it.

And caring is fine, every single person who watches the show or reads the book cares, but they dont all go around acting like they have owenership over the series nor the sense of entitlement. 

Even now youre still asserting that you know better, its objectively bad because your expectations have been subverted and GRRM and fans must hate it, or be as dissapointed as you seem to be. How could this possibly be his intention!!!

Sorry mate but you seem to be enamoured with the smell of your own farts

 

Well, it's hard to distinquish where the line between justified criticism and "entitlement" lies, I'll give you that. Just as your own replies to me have shown. You are quick to pass judgement on me. Shouldn't blame other people for the very same sins you just committed. Have I said something that is unjustified or unreasonable?

Search the internet and you will find GRRM saying things that are directly opposing things D&D just did. For example: "airborne dragon is practically invulnerable", "changing the plot just to surprise readers is silly".

Yours sincerely, rosy fart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, DoomPatrol said:

Well, it's hard to distinquish where the line between justified criticism and "entitlement" lies, I'll give you that. Just as your own replies to me have shown. You are quick to pass judgement on me. Shouldn't blame other people for the very same sins you just committed. Have I said something that is unjustified or unreasonable?

Search the internet and you will find GRRM saying things that are directly opposing things D&D just did. For example: "airborne dragon is practically invulnerable", "changing the plot just to surprise readers is silly".

Yours sincerely, rosy fart.

Martin said: “I’ve been so slow with these books.

“The major points of the ending will be things I told them five or six years ago.

“But there may also be changes, and there’ll be a lot added.”

 

 

They literally went with the ending he told them about years ago. Your complaint is that the dragons weren't invulnerable? Seriously? How would invincible dragons steamroll everyone for the last season be entertaining? The moments leading up to the attack were very tense because it seemed like either side could actually win.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, carnages said:

Yo can you nerdgins stop arguing?

Lets wait for the real review by @PlatinumClegg

Best episode of the season.  A solid 3.2/10.

The finale is guaranteed to suck though.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SavageTC said:

I doesnt seem like it.

And caring is fine, every single person who watches the show or reads the book cares, but they dont all go around acting like they have owenership over the series nor the sense of entitlement. 

Even now youre still asserting that you know better, its objectively bad because your expectations have been subverted and GRRM and fans must hate it, or be as dissapointed as you seem to be. How could this possibly be his intention!!!

Sorry mate but you seem to be enamoured with the smell of your own farts

 

Look at this dork that doesn't even post anymore.  Yeah we get it you're Arya Stark's biggest fanboy.  Midgets killing giants is world class writing lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Look at this dork that doesn't even post anymore.  Yeah we get it you're Arya Stark's biggest fanboy.  Midgets killing giants is world class writing lol

Everyone knows that blades become non-lethal when they're wielded by someone less than 200 lbs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could have been a lot worse. I like that things haven't gone exactly as theorized but have enjoyed all the parallels and symbolism. I was a bit befuddled about Arya getting the kill at first but like the parallel of NK being brought into and taken out of this world by a girl putting a dagger through his heart.

I liked that the Cersei prophecy about her dying with her brother's hands around her neck was subverted a bit with everybody expecting it to be Tyrion and it was Jamie holding her around her neck as she died, and there world is literally crumbling around them on the map. I imagine most of the rustle is from people that just aren't ready to let these characters go yet. Would have liked to see the Hound finally find happiness but I understand this isn't Lord of the Rings and was content with his ending. lol at anybody that didn't see Dany's potential heel turn. 

Bron fanboys are the only ones that got chit on. Dude literally named his son Tyrion in the book and hated Cersei, risked his life for both of them and then again to arrange a secret meeting your telling me he traveled 1,000 miles for 2 minutes of facetime in a bar for a promise he knows they can't keep and to punch Tyrion, just for fan service. Fook off. 

Edited by TUF
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Has anyone EVER benefitted more from having blonde hair than Emilia Clarke? She seriously gets like 4 more points in the hotness scale

Emilia-Clarke.jpg

lol no she doesn't you fookin' virgin.  She's a smoke show brunette.

fc09d8ff1681846603b41fd89fa7c145.jpg

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 12er© said:

Everyone knows that blades become non-lethal when they're wielded by someone less than 200 lbs.

Thank you 12er.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, carnages said:

going from 0 to 4 is not impressive m8

I'd drink her pee, regardless

 

9 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

lol no she doesn't you fookin' virgin.  She's a smoke show brunette.

fc09d8ff1681846603b41fd89fa7c145.jpg

 

Mild take. Still hotter as a blonde

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

I'd drink her pee, regardless

 

Mild take. Still hotter as a blonde

hotter as a blonde, but more retarded

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The unsullied finna play snitch next episode. 

The guards will rat out Tyrion

Grey Worm will rat out Jon

All the good guys get killed, Dany becomes the new tyrant, roll credits.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just rewatched the episode.  Definitely better the second time through, less expectations getting in the way of enjoying the show.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random fact about the show I just learned the actor who played Daenerys brother Viserys is the great great great grandson of Charles ****ens. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TUF said:

It could have been a lot worse. I like that things haven't gone exactly as theorized but have enjoyed all the parallels and symbolism. I was a bit befuddled about Arya getting the kill at first but like the parallel of NK being brought into and taken out of this world by a girl putting a dagger through his heart.

I liked that the Cersei prophecy about her dying with her brother's hands around her neck was subverted a bit with everybody expecting it to be Tyrion and it was Jamie holding her around her neck as she died, and there world is literally crumbling around them on the map. I imagine most of the rustle is from people that just aren't ready to let these characters go yet. Would have liked to see the Hound finally find happiness but I understand this isn't Lord of the Rings and was content with his ending. lol at anybody that didn't see Dany's potential heel turn. 

Bron fanboys are the only ones that got chit on. Dude literally named his son Tyrion in the book and hated Cersei, risked his life for both of them and then again to arrange a secret meeting your telling me he traveled 1,000 miles for 2 minutes of facetime in a bar for a promise he knows they can't keep and to punch Tyrion, just for fan service. Fook off. 

Yea, that Bronn scene was weird and I suspect it will be the last time we see him. I feel like they should have just left him out of the final season since they couldn't find a good place for him in the rest of the story.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 12er© said:

Yea, that Bronn scene was weird and I suspect it will be the last time we see him. I feel like they should have just left him out of the final season since they couldn't find a good place for him in the rest of the story.

I'm hoping maybe Bronn will show up at the last second and stop Dany from executing Tyrion, because he knows Cersei is dead so Tyrion is the only person who can give him what he wants.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sobercuban said:

I'm hoping maybe Bronn will show up at the last second and stop Dany from executing Tyrion, because he knows Cersei is dead so Tyrion is the only person who can give him what he wants.  

Sounds terrible to be honest. There's no way he gets anywhere close to Dany. No one on her team even knows him, and the only time they've seen him was when he was there to lead them to the meeting with Cersei.

They'd most likely execute him on sight if we're being realistic. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

I'm hoping maybe Bronn will show up at the last second and stop Dany from executing Tyrion, because he knows Cersei is dead so Tyrion is the only person who can give him what he wants.  

It wouldn't be GoT without a floppy wiener in the series finale.  Now that Jon is a soy boy he needs to sling her the D.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

I'm hoping maybe Bronn will show up at the last second and stop Dany from executing Tyrion, because he knows Cersei is dead so Tyrion is the only person who can give him what he wants.  

I wouldn't count on it. From what I've read, all the major plot points were agreed upon with GRRM and GRRM himself said they've basically shoe horned Bronn into this final season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 12er© said:

Sounds terrible to be honest. There's no way he gets anywhere close to Dany. No one on her team even knows him, and the only time they've seen him was when he was there to lead them to the meeting with Cersei.

They'd most likely execute him on sight if we're being realistic. 

LMFAO!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TUF said:

I wouldn't count on it. From what I've read, all the major plot points were agreed upon with GRRM and GRRM himself said they've basically shoe horned Bronn into this final season. 

Where are you guys getting all these supposed quotes from GRRM about season 8 because I've looked for him commenting on it and I can't find anything.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the series is basically wrapped, curious what everybody's favorite episode and season are? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

It wouldn't be GoT without a floppy wiener in the series finale.  Now that Jon is a soy boy he needs to sling her the D.

If you guys could refrain from introducing words into the forum vernacular that carnage heard from a 12 year old on xbox live, I would appreciate it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×