StompGrind

Game of Thrones

3 minutes ago, 12er© said:

Where are you guys getting all these supposed quotes from GRRM about season 8 because I've looked for him commenting on it and I can't find anything.

He took the money and ran a long time ago, he considers the books/series 2 different entities....he doesn't GAF

26 minutes ago, 12er© said:

Sounds terrible to be honest. There's no way he gets anywhere close to Dany. No one on her team even knows him, and the only time they've seen him was when he was there to lead them to the meeting with Cersei.

They'd most likely execute him on sight if we're being realistic. 

True.  I'm just worried that Tyrion is going to die and am trying to imagine what ever deus ex machina  mess they could use to save him.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TUF said:

Now that the series is basically wrapped, curious what everybody's favorite episode and season are? 

hmm this is a good question, 6 might be my fave, will have to think a while on favorite episodes.  

19 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

True.  I'm just worried that Tyrion is going to die and am trying to imagine what ever deus ex machina  mess they could use to save him.  

I'm expecting Tyrion, Grey Worm, Dany to all die.

I'm expecting Jon Snow to live, but I wouldn't be surprised if he died.

Sansa, Gendry, Arya, Tormund and Samwell will be the only characters left and only because 4/5 of them won't even be in the episode I presume.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 12er© said:

I'm expecting Tyrion, Grey Worm, Dany to all die.

I'm expecting Jon Snow to live, but I wouldn't be surprised if he died.

Sansa, Gendry, Arya, Tormund and Samwell will be the only characters left and only because 4/5 of them won't even be in the episode I presume.

I think is no way Dany lives, Grey Worm for sure dies.  Really hoping they'll keep Tyrion around and the monarchy will be abolished or will become a symbolic monarchy with Jon as king,  I can see Tyrion leading a council with Sansa and Davos and others, democracy is installed.  

Dany is going to go join Drogo and the baby in the afterlife, as per her vision.  Wonder what is going to happen to Drogon.  

Definitely glad that Tormund has avoided dying thus far.  

2 hours ago, 12er© said:

If you guys could refrain from introducing words into the forum vernacular that carnage heard from a 12 year old on xbox live, I would appreciate it.

Lel rustled via not liking my posts

It's ok that you like chit characters like the soy boy and arya

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, carnages said:

Lel rustled via not liking my posts

It's ok that you like chit characters like the soy boy and arya

The hound is the best character, and you have some nerve after you called Ser Jorah your boy. That dude was literally a cuck the entire series, guarding the door while dude after dude plowed the love of his life.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, carnages said:

Also Edson is not dying you DUMMIES

He's getting his head knocked off with a jab. 

Why do you love the incel characters so much? I bet Varys was your third favorite. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 12er© said:

The hound is the best character, and you have some nerve after you called Ser Jorah your boy. That dude was literally a cuck the entire series, guarding the door while dude after dude plowed the love of his life.

lel at talking about cucks when your favourite character is the Hound!

That dude has been a cuck to Arya since DAY ONE

• Like 1

Just now, carnages said:

lel at talking about cucks when your favourite character is the Hound!

That dude has been a cuck to Arya since DAY ONE

GOT7-Arya-Stabs-the-Hound.gif

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sobercuban said:

hmm this is a good question, 6 might be my fave, will have to think a while on favorite episodes.  

Feel like I watched a different season than everybody else cause I thought season 7 was great. Season 6 and Battle of the Bastards were probably peak GoT tho. 

10 minutes ago, TUF said:

Feel like I watched a different season than everybody else cause I thought season 7 was great. Season 6 and Battle of the Bastards were probably peak GoT tho. 

I liked season 7 too

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Question 

Why did D&D just remove the  Stark (Jon included)  kids connection to the direwolves?  

cos it hasn't really been part of the TV series the same way it was in the book?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Question 

Why did D&D just remove the  Stark (Jon included)  kids connection to the direwolves?  

It’s easier and cheaper to write down the word direwolf on a piece of paper than it is to cgi one onto film.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I had lunch last week with a female colleague of mine from Serbia who can best be described as smokin'.  Had a good old catch up on GoT; talked about how we loved the flickering lights from the swords going out, how Arya killing the NK caught us by surprise, and how we had no idea what would happen next but there had been some awesome stuff already this season and we were looking forward to the last two episodes.  We didn't mention character arcs or CGI once!

Yesterday, i ended up having lunch at a weird time, so ate on my own.  I was set next to these two random neck-bearded virgins who looked like they barely washed, and never went outside for more than 30 seconds at a time.  I overheard them bemoaning how the characters were not behaving as they should, how there's no way Arya should have killed the NK, how Jaime and Cersei's death was all wrong and how it just wasn't true to the original and they felt "betrayed".  The phrase "character arc" was used at least every 10 seconds.

These two lunch-time GOT-related encounters have led me to a clear conclusion about the fora.  Basically everyone commenting on this thread falls into one of two categories.

Whilst people like myself, 12er, TC, Sober, and surprisingly, TUF, clearly prefer the company of beautiful Slavic women, posters such as Clegg, DoomPatrol, Bruno and NoCake are much more comfortable dining with other like-minded and like-neckbearded nerds.

This has been a startling revelation.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

52 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I had lunch last week with a female colleague of mine from Serbia who can best be described as smokin'.  Had a good old catch up on GoT; talked about how we loved the flickering lights from the swords going out, how Arya killing the NK caught us by surprise, and how we had no idea what would happen next but there had been some awesome stuff already this season and we were looking forward to the last two episodes.  We didn't mention character arcs or CGI once!

Yesterday, i ended up having lunch at a weird time, so ate on my own.  I was set next to these two random neck-bearded virgins who looked like they barely washed, and never went outside for more than 30 seconds at a time.  I overheard them bemoaning how the characters were not behaving as they should, how there's no way Arya should have killed the NK, how Jaime and Cersei's death was all wrong and how it just wasn't true to the original and they felt "betrayed".  The phrase "character arc" was used at least every 10 seconds.

These two lunch-time GOT-related encounters have led me to a clear conclusion about the fora.  Basically everyone commenting on this thread falls into one of two categories.

Whilst people like myself, 12er, TC, Sober, and surprisingly, TUF, clearly prefer the company of beautiful Slavic women, posters such as Clegg, DoomPatrol, Bruno and NoCake are much more comfortable dining with other like-minded and like-neckbearded nerds.

Did you ask those two neckbeards what their forum handles are?

• Like 3

Lel@people starting petitions to have this chit "done properly" 😂

I'm sure all these people that are disappointed with the series will be vindicated once George finishes the books....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, crangs said:

I'm sure all these people that are disappointed with the series will be vindicated once George finishes the books....

George ain't finishing this off mate. Best thing he can do is let type 2 diabetes take it's course so that Brandon Sanderson can finish the series off.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, crangs said:

I can't belive its hit a quarter of a million signatures already lol the salt runs deep!

Edited by Jolldan
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

George ain't finishing this off mate. Best thing he can do is let type 2 diabetes take it's course so that Brandon Sanderson can finish the series off.

honestly if he dies without finishing the books he'd probably be resurrected by the tears of these neckbeards

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, 12er© said:

If you guys could refrain from introducing words into the forum vernacular that carnage heard from a 12 year old on xbox live, I would appreciate it.

I actually heard it from King Colby when he said Tyron f*cked it up by fighting Marty.  Colby said the politics would sell the fight.  He's the MAGA cat and Tyron was "A liberal snowflake and a soy boy."

It was BRILLIANT

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Why haven't they killed him already?!

Jesus Christ they are just ruining great characters at this point.  I hope they all die.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol I'm gonna ignore the cheap dig earlier and just say this is a great take.

On reflection of the last few episodes I actually quite like what they've done I just think the execution hasn't been excellent. I'm surprised people didn't see Danny's heel turn coming as she's been a ****ing whack job for a long time. I actually loved that (ignoring the clear issues with the dragon etc) .

I'm also gonna be controversial here and say I actually think George's writing has straight sucked for the last two books lol. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

You spelled Joe Abercrombie wrong

6 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

These naggers complaining weren't around for the final seasons of "Lost" or "Dexter". No jimmies were given quarter then either. 

I'm content with most of the characters handling barring Bronn, Bran, and slightly Varys. Bran took up way too much screen time over the last 8 seasons just to do fook all in the end. Varys and Bronn deserved better, but people wanting their favorite characters to ride off into the sunset forget what GRRM did to some of their favorite characters in seasons past. Imagine the nerd rage if any of the remaining characters went out like Rob, Catelyn, Oberyn. 

I'm also taking comfort in the trailer for the GoT documentary where the director says "that's a wrap on Dany's final scene". If she made it to the end, I would assume they would say that's a wrap on GoT. Jon and Tyrion are going to Eiffel Tower her. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Why haven't they killed him already?!

Jesus Christ they are just ruining great characters at this point.  I hope they all die.

How?

10 hours ago, crangs said:

cos it hasn't really been part of the TV series the same way it was in the book?

8 hours ago, 12er© said:

It’s easier and cheaper to write down the word direwolf on a piece of paper than it is to cgi one onto film.

Can't more than just Bran warg into their wolf in the books?  

• Like 1

I kinda think they could have done better with the Mountain's appearance when he took off his helmet, I was as disappointed as the first time I saw Return of the Jedi and Vader's helmet came off only to reveal a fat, bald, old dude who looked like an egg.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

I actually heard it from King Colby when he said Tyron f*cked it up by fighting Marty.  Colby said the politics would sell the fight.  He's the MAGA cat and Tyron was "A liberal snowflake and a soy boy."

It was BRILLIANT

Even cringier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

wtf is a character arc?

i'm assuming it's a term relating to the progression (or regression) of a character, their traits, their behaviour, their actions etc. throughout a movie or tv show?

so, in other words, a character arc, is a character?

people are genuinely moaning because a character isn't 'doing' what they think should be shown?

somebody needs to do the world a favour and blow up the internet.

this thread is mint btw, only here could insults be thrown at each other because people have differing opinions of a ****ing tv show. lol. lol x2000. proper lol thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jolldan said:

I can't belive its hit a quarter of a million signatures already lol the salt runs deep!

half a million now lol

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

people are buttmad that they arent getting the ending they want. as if somebody elses show was made for them and supposed to bend to their every desire

im not signing that chit unless tyrian dies in any other fashion than at the age of eighty with a belly full of wine and a maidens mouth around his c*ck

Edited by -idyb-

1 hour ago, StanleyTheBricklayer said:

wtf is a character arc?

i'm assuming it's a term relating to the progression (or regression) of a character, their traits, their behaviour, their actions etc. throughout a movie or tv show?

so, in other words, a character arc, is a character?

people are genuinely moaning because a character isn't 'doing' what they think should be shown?

somebody needs to do the world a favour and blow up the internet.

this thread is mint btw, only here could insults be thrown at each other because people have differing opinions of a ****ing tv show. lol. lol x2000. proper lol thread.

I don't want to get too pedantic here, so I'll just say that a character arc in fiction is more or less what changes the character undergoes throughout the story. This can be a rise to greatness or a descent into madness, for example. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 12er© said:

You white trash illiterates need to crack a ****ing book every once in a while.

yeah, I've gone away from books for a while now.  I get antisocial and just read til the book is done.  The Mrs hates it when  I get a new book, lol

12 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

sup bros, just started watching GOT this season new episodes.....man that dragon lady byatch had a bad meltdown and killed everyone...yikes

31548e.jpg

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/15/2019 at 9:28 PM, 12er© said:

Martin said: “I’ve been so slow with these books.

“The major points of the ending will be things I told them five or six years ago.

“But there may also be changes, and there’ll be a lot added.”

They literally went with the ending he told them about years ago. Your complaint is that the dragons weren't invulnerable? Seriously? How would invincible dragons steamroll everyone for the last season be entertaining? The moments leading up to the attack were very tense because it seemed like either side could actually win.

George said it, not me. But I do concur with him. Killing them while they are downed is the way to go if the opposition doesn't have dragons of their own. There have been hints in the books that once one guy offered to kill a dragon which was sleeping but he wasn't given the permission to try it.

Just how good the dragons (and scorpions) are varied wildly between episodes. I agree of course, that the odds should have been even for the fight to be suspenseful.

On 5/15/2019 at 1:57 AM, Bwana said:

Projection, infatuation, delusional...all rolled into 1 package.

Did you just wake up in class and heard that? Don't try to use big words, dummy.

You're a classic case of accusing another of your own faults.

Also I see you have quoted me on your sig. Very mature of you. That's 1 point more to the list above.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, 12er© said:

Where are you guys getting all these supposed quotes from GRRM about season 8 because I've looked for him commenting on it and I can't find anything.

Here you go:

Especially the end is topical ;)

"..and they all will fight on the internet... and that's fine.. the worst thing for any work of art is...to be ignored"

8 minutes ago, DoomPatrol said:

Here you go:

Especially the end is topical ;)

"..and they all will fight on the internet... and that's fine.. the worst thing for any work of art is...to be ignored"

That didn't have a single one of the quotes that people have been throwing around, and he's also speculating years ago about the ending as far as I can tell. That's not a recent interview.

He also explained that they've been 97% faithful to his work, but you can't be 100% faithful, and he also confirms that he told them the ending and he doesn't expect theirs to be much different from his own.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sobercuban said:

I kinda think they could have done better with the Mountain's appearance when he took off his helmet, I was as disappointed as the first time I saw Return of the Jedi and Vader's helmet came off only to reveal a fat, bald, old dude who looked like an egg.  

My thoughts exactly.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, 12er© said:

That didn't have a single one of the quotes that people have been throwing around, and he's also speculating years ago about the ending as far as I can tell. That's not a recent interview.

He also explained that they've been 97% faithful to his work, but you can't be 100% faithful, and he also confirms that he told them the ending and he doesn't expect theirs to be much different from his own.

Your white knighting is so next level it should be called brown knighting 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DoomPatrol said:

Did you just wake up in class and heard that? Don't try to use big words, dummy.

You're a classic case of accusing another of your own faults.

Also I see you have quoted me on your sig. Very mature of you. That's 1 point more to the list above.

Sunday is a long way off for you, I'd advise a GOT therapy painting or sculpture to ease your emotional distress.

lol, what a doochnozzle.