StompGrind

Game of Thrones

8 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

Dude... that Bran mastermind sequence is dope AF holy ****! 

I know right!  I hate that the show is over because these vids are fire. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DoomPatrol said:

Emilia thought her mad twist came out of fkin nowhere:

Yeah that's kinda weird to me, it's something that's always been a possibility and maybe even the only thing that makes sense after we find out Jon is Aegon, because we know Dany isn't going to just abdicate the throne.

• Like 1

Millions of nerdgins accepted that Anakin could turn dark in the span of 10 minutes of screen time but 8 seasons of Dany being a coont wasn't enough foreshadowing for people to believe her heel turn? Fook off trolls

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DoomPatrol said:

Emilia thought her mad twist came out of fkin nowhere:

lel, the red wedding was unexpected.  That however was something building up over time.  Granted a bit accelerated at the end but there was a clear path there

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TUF said:

Millions of nerdgins accepted that Anakin could turn dark in the span of 10 minutes of screen time but 8 seasons of Dany being a coont wasn't enough foreshadowing for people to believe her heel turn? Fook off trolls

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 12er© said:

Dude is so oblivious and has the wackest of takes.  All I can think about is him thinking Darren Till was Colby and yelling about Trump.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Yeah that's kinda weird to me, it's something that's always been a possibility and maybe even the only thing that makes sense after we find out Jon is Aegon, because we know Dany isn't going to just abdicate the throne.

Combine this with Nikolaj saying D&D kept him in the dark too about his character development and it's no surprise the audience thinks the twists and turns don't make sense. How could they if the actors themselves don't know what goes in their characters' heads?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Dude is so oblivious and has the wackest of takes.  All I can think about is him thinking Darren Till was Colby and yelling about Trump.  

It's hilarious to be see him so melancholy about GOT. He sounds like he's going to cry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, DoomPatrol said:

Combine this with Nikolaj saying D&D kept him in the dark too about his character development and it's no surprise the audience thinks the twists and turns don't make sense. How could they if the actors themselves don't know what goes in their characters' heads?

Clarke also said at the end it makes total sense for the character so...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Clarke also said at the end it makes total sense for the character so...

I mostly meant that it's hard to play a character correctly if the actor thinks she's a kind hero but the role turns out to be a mad villain.

14 minutes ago, DoomPatrol said:

I mostly meant that it's hard to play a character correctly if the actor thinks she's a kind hero but the role turns out to be a mad villain.

The risk/reward of telling Clarke in 2011 that she'd be turning heel in the series finale 8 years later probably wasn't worth whatever little nuances to her acting she could have added that you think would have helped your immersion. 

S2E7

This episode is the one where Theon is the biggest prick... edit: hmm maybe that was the previous episode

The hell? I've never caught that the Mountain was in Harrenhal in the same room with Tywin and Arya.  How many times did that actor change? 

23 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

S2E7

This episode is the one where Theon is the biggest prick... edit: hmm maybe that was the previous episode

The hell? I've never caught that the Mountain was in Harrenhal in the same room with Tywin and Arya.  How many times did that actor change? 

3 different actors I think

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

3 different actors I think

I've watched this series an unhealthy amount of times and I've just now noticed the 3rd actor.

1 minute ago, sobercuban said:

I've watched this series an unhealthy amount of times and I've just now noticed the 3rd actor.

There's only ONE Mountain to me and it's not the Randy that looks like a roided up Stannis

Image result for different mountain actors

• Like 1

This is actually f***king upsetting and they didn't even include Dany being recast after the pilot episode

Here's some **** the writers really forgot:

In season 8 when Jaime is leaving Brienne he mentions strangling his own cousin, for Cersei. 

But if you actually watch the episode it happens in (S2E7), Jaime doesn't strangle his cousin, he smashes his face in with his cuffs.  He strangles Torrhen Karstark.

Smh.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Here's some **** the writers really forgot:

In season 8 when Jaime is leaving Brienne he mentions strangling his own cousin, for Cersei. 

But if you actually watch the episode it happens in (S2E7), Jaime doesn't strangle his cousin, he smashes his face in with his cuffs.  He strangles Torrhen Karstark.

Smh.  

thats not quite as enraging as the starbucks cup or the water botttle gate

1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

S3E1 in progress

dayum the kid that plays Joffrey Baratheon is good at being a insufferable prick lol

It's a shame he's since quit acting.  Probably getting bullied by people who can't differentiate characters from their actors.  

On 5/23/2019 at 7:33 PM, TUF said:

Now you are basing the quality of GOT around the quality of the Prequels. Lol Star Wars is ****ing awful and should not be used as an example except got how awful starwars is.

Just because star wars sucked doesnt give D&D permission to make GOT suck.

Edited by PunchBag
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PunchBag said:

Now you are basing the quality of GOT around the quality of the Prequels. Lol Star Wars is ****ing awful and should not be used as an example except got how awful starwars is.

Just because star wars sucked doesnt give D&D permission to make GOT suck.

Not sure how this got so lost in translation, even if English isn't your 1st language. This was more of a reflection on how entitled the snowflake Stans have become. Star Wars chit the bed with Anakin's dark turn and people still accepted it but soy boys were shocked about a character who was a coont for 8 seasons ended up being a coont. 

2 minutes ago, TUF said:

Not sure how this got so lost in translation, even if English isn't your 1st language. This was more of a reflection on how entitled the snowflake Stans have become. Star Wars chit the bed with Anakin's dark turn and people still accepted it but soy boys were shocked about a character who was a coont for 8 seasons ended up being a coont. 

Don't mind him. He's firmly on the neckbeard list. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TUF said:

Not sure how many accepted it...

Am I the only fruit on here who cried like a bitϲh when:

Tyrion found Jaime and Cersei
Dany was approaching the throne
Jon killed Dany
Drogon flying away with Dany
Jon getting reunited with Tormund and Ghost
Arya not using a goddamn face

?

20 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Jon killed Dany

?

When Bron got denied his brothel funding 

Image result for tear gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, sobercuban said:

Jon killed Dany

?

I'm going to have to say you were 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Jon killed Dany

?

My wife cried during the red wedding episode... at the time she was pregnant,  and came home in a down mood after a terrible day at work; so, in retrospect,  yeah, not my brightest moment to play it as I was up to date and knew what was coming and she was seeing that the episode for the first time. I myself didn't cry during GoT, but admit to crying first few times I saw the end of Coco... which I was watching because of the same little girl in my wife's belly during our red wedding  viewing.. I'll go ahead and chalk it up to karma 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What's with all the people talking about "How's Bran the guy with the best story? *scoff*" and then they start naming events from the show that were boring?

Isn't the reason that Bran has the "best story" is that he knows all of their history because he's the 3ER?

Also, I want to know what Tyrion and Bran talked about in S08E02.

1 hour ago, sobercuban said:

What's with all the people talking about "How's Bran the guy with the best story? *scoff*" and then they start naming events from the show that were boring?

Isn't the reason that Bran has the "best story" is that he knows all of their history because he's the 3ER?

Also, I want to know what Tyrion and Bran talked about in S08E02.

The best story thing didn't make sense to me either I guess. To me Tyrion said he was the best story because he was crippled but still traveled, survived, and accomplished so much. That says more about the people guiding him than anything else imo.

3 episodes earlier he said he was no longer Bran Stark, he said he didn't want to be king, the entire show is about birthright and within minutes all of these important leaders just give up their right to be king but his sister who knows him best out of everyone there turns him down. 

I was ok with the ending but it seems like they were in too big of a rush to end and screwed it up.  

• Like 2

The actor who plays Bran should quit trying to defend it because he is making it worse.

“So the Three-Eyed Raven is not a superhero, he’s not there to use some magical super power to come in and save the day,” Wright continued. “He just sits there, observes and takes things on. So naturally he’s not trying to do anything, he’s not trying to warg into a dragon or do whatever. He just lets things happen because he understands that’s the way it goes."

Oh great, they elected a King who can see what is going to happen but isn't going to do **** to change it. 

• Like 1

bro I don’t think he can just look into the future whenever he wants. If anything he sees fragments of events and then has to interpret the meaning probably like Melisandre. Who was wrong all the fkin time because she would act on things she was t completely sure of. Bran being the 3er probably has more sense then that and would prefer to deal with the situation once he’s completely sure of what’s to come 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, poonmachine said:

The only thing bran can clearly veiw is the past. Which is why he’s got the “best story” because he has all the stories. 

We really don't know what he can and can't see. In the books it's explained that he is a Greenseer and has greendreams that show what will probably happen but we don't know how often he has them.

In the show he knew Arya would kill NK. He gave her the knife she used to kill him when they met in season 7.

He knew Theon was going to sacrifice himself to try to save him.

He knew he would become King.

At least 2 of those were major events that he saw beforehand. 

Yeah. Those can be fragments to. He seen himself at the King’s moot, he seen Arya stab the NK with that dagger and he seen Theon sacrifice himself but doesn’t mean he knew how the events would come to be. Maybe he seen Dany burining kings landing but can he see what the consequences would be if he had stopped her? Maybe everything would have been worse.  What are the consequences of him telling Jon about what Dany will do? Maybe she would have been murdered before sacking kings landing and then Cerci would March north and control everything.