StompGrind

Game of Thrones

2 hours ago, VertFTW said:

S3E9: WHAT THE FOOK?

Did you just watch the last season to be a try-hard and hate on it and now you're watching the rest for the first time?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, 12er© said:

Did you just watch the last season to be a try-hard and hate on it and now you're watching the rest for the first time?

Yeah bruh 

Ill be top 5 knowledgable on this forum in a few days 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Yeah bruh 

You have to read the books to even make it into the top 20 I'm afraid mate. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Yeah bruh 

you already are m8

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

You have to read the books to even make it into the top 20 I'm afraid mate. 

Who here has read the books? Is there a list

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

Who here has read the books? Is there a list

I'm working way through the first book in audiobook format.

The guy reading it is a British POS who keeps switching between calling him "Joffrey" and "Jeffrey". 0/10

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, 12er© said:

The guy reading it is a British POS who keeps switching between calling him "Joffrey" and "Jeffrey". 0/10

I read them before. But may pick up the audio books and go through them before winds of winter is released in 25 years

I'm finna start reading the books. Fk the audio books i heard a sample & like 12'er it's unbearable. No way i could listen to that dude for all of them. 

I also got my mom to start watching it this weekend. She barely made it the first few episodes and was like i don't like it. It's kinda boring with way too much gore, fking & incest. I told her to just watch the 1st season b4 she makes a judgement to quit because it takes a while to build the characters. Just talked to her earlier & she's already a few episodes into season 2 lol. Said fav characters so far was Ned along with Arya & Tyrion. Imma have to pass over b4 she gets to the red wedding. I wanna see her reaction lol.

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

Watching this 2 hour Game of Thrones documentary on HBO, pretty cool behind the scenes shizz

edit: actually this is some good ****. 

• Like 3

Yo the teaser for Westworld Seasn 3 is dope as ****.  Aaron Paul up in there.  

q
     u
          e
              e
                    f

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 12er© said:

It gets worse.  One of the entire books he calls kat-Lin kate-lin and it drives me ducking crazy and bran Brian 

Edited by poonmachine

13 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Watching this 2 hour Game of Thrones documentary on HBO, pretty cool behind the scenes shizz

Bout to watch

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Its actually amazing. 

I went on holiday to Dubrovnik Croatia where kings landing was initially and there was some epic **** about the filming. 

Really impressive.

Kinda makes you feel bad for Jon who spent all of his time freezing in Northern Ireland lol. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, 12er© said:

Yeah I can't do audio books just because of things like this. That **** would drive me insane. 

23 hours ago, 12er© said:

I tried that too, for some reason thinking it would be easier. Couldn't make it past the first chapter and switched to book.

The doc was a good watch and hopefully it will give some closure to all the neck beards. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TUF said:

The doc was a good watch and hopefully it will give some closure to all the neck beards. 

They'll complain it should've been 2 more episodes

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/26/2019 at 5:29 PM, 12er© said:

Do you not know how to read?

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, carnages said:

Do you not know how to read?

It's 2019, idiot. No one reads anymore.

As it happens, I have 40 hours a week where I can listen to audiobooks, so I take advantage of that. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 12er© said:

It's 2019, idiot. No one reads anymore.

As it happens, I have 40 hours a week where I can listen to audiobooks, so I take advantage of that. 

Gotten tew via not liking my post

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, carnages said:

Gotten tew via not liking my post

If you want a like next time, try making a good post. I'm not handing out participation trophy's here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MoZZez said:

Damn, dude really had it hard for the blonde!

Yeah the article says he basically started getting crushed with stress when Jon started to become the focus of the show.  Jon Snow doesn't want the throne, Kit doesn't want the fame. 

13 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Yeah the article says he basically started getting crushed with stress when Jon started to become the focus of the show.  Jon Snow doesn't want the throne, Kit doesn't want the fame. 

I couldnt imagine honestly.

You have how many millions of people focused on your every word on and.off the show.

Then their schedules, while lax at some points, when they are filming, are horrendous. 

I pull some 18 hour days here and there, but it doesnt span weeks like they did.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Lol @ GOT actors not being able to deal with pressure. You have a dream job and get paid a small fortune. 

Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins...

On 5/28/2019 at 10:23 PM, sobercuban said:

Banging your aunt causes all kinds of head problems.

• Like 1

Just now, Bwana said:

Banging your aunt causes all kinds of head problems.

Bruh, if Dany was my aunt and I didn't know it and wasn't around her growing up I'd be chilling in Dragonstone in incest heaven.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Bruh, if Dany was my aunt and I didn't know it and wasn't around her growing up I'd be chilling in Dragonstone in incest heaven.  

And then 1 day, you find out she's you aunt....right after a night of Dirty Sanchez.....rehab :)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bwana said:

And then 1 day, you find out she's you aunt....right after a night of Dirty Sanchez.....rehab :)

I'm good a compartmentalizing, I can deal!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

I'm good a compartmentalizing, I can deal!

You're a better man than me, I'd have nightmares about that shiit.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins...

“Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do judge him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.”

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 5:39 AM, MoZZez said:

I couldnt imagine honestly.

You have how many millions of people focused on your every word on and.off the show.

Then their schedules, while lax at some points, when they are filming, are horrendous. 

I pull some 18 hour days here and there, but it doesnt span weeks like they did.

ep3 was 55 night shoots in a row. That must really take a toll on people. Sleep deprivation is worse than being drunk. Grey Worm's actor was supposed to shout something in Valyrian but he kept shouting some dude's name instead...

the real Long Night was the actual shooting.

5 minutes ago, DoomPatrol said:

ep3 was 55 night shoots in a row. That must really take a toll on people. Sleep deprivation is worse than being drunk. Grey Worm's actor was supposed to shout something in Valyrian but he kept shouting some dude's name instead...

the real Long Night was the actual shooting.

It's a shame that battle's cinematography gets ѕhit on because some people don't know how to adjust the brightness and contrast on their TVs.  The scope and scale of that battle was amazing, thinking of getting the Blu Ray collection for the last season to see how good it's SUPPOSED to look.

28 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

It's a shame that battle's cinematography gets ѕhit on because some people don't know how to adjust the brightness and contrast on their TVs.  The scope and scale of that battle was amazing, thinking of getting the Blu Ray collection for the last season to see how good it's SUPPOSED to look.

If it's a widespread problem then I wouldn't blame it all on the viewers. My TV is calibrated and I had to watch it with the lights off to see any detail. That shouldn't be required.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

If it's a widespread problem then I wouldn't blame it all on the viewers. My TV is calibrated and I had to watch it with the lights off to see any detail. That shouldn't be required.

It has also been correctly largely attributed to limitations caused by video compression for streaming video.  I can't speak to what traditional cable audiences saw (cable video is also compressed), but video compression was certainly an issue for anyone streaming and probably doubly so for people streaming it illegally.   There was somewhat significant color banding / gradient issues on my HBO Now stream, depending on the lighting of the scene, that I couldn't correct.  I've had similar experiences with other content and have subsequently bought a Blu Ray and the issues were gone.  

But, I have over 4 years professional experience color correcting and contrast/brightness correcting photographs, so maybe that's why I was able to work around it.  Most people don't even know how to change goddamn inputs on their TV's. 

• Like 2

my x930e can pump a bit over 1500 nits of peak brightness but still i could notice that episode was a bit too dark. had to adjust my picture a little but even then it was a tad dark for that episode.  but that episode only.  im pretty sure they intended it to be like that to try to mask all the cgi effects or something. perhaps it was intended to be like that.

but its probable that the torrent i got was captured from an internet stream and perhaps the guy doing the encoding didnt have the greatest internet speed or capture hardware or was compressing it too much?  it was still a great quality rip nonetheless. just a little darker than any other episode ive watched or pretty much every other show or content as well on this tv.  i havent really had to adjust any of my settings for anything elset to get an awesome picture. just that one episode i had to tune it up a little bit just to make some background things stand out better

Edited by -idyb-

DAMN, I never noticed Drogo crouching down and looking Viserys in the eyes after he dumped the gold on him just to watch him die.  

• Like 1