StompGrind

Game of Thrones

12 hours ago, SavageTC said:

They're like a walking PR disaster. At this point they should just STFU like they should have done in those after episode takes where they stroke their ego & try to justify some chitty nonsensical writing. 

I loved GOT overall & understand a show of that scale & insane schedule is the furthest thing from easy. < Should have talked about that rather than justify with lamer excuses.

They fk'ed up bad numerous times then tried to defend chit that didn't make any sense & i'm not even really talking about character arcs and what not which was fine. They can't blame the fans for being critical. Take responsibility get better & forget the rest i.e. my character didn't do what i want. 

One of THE worst excuses i hear people say all the time about things not having to make sense is it's a fantasy show with dragons. Every time i hear that i cringe. I'm like oh really so gravity, physics & basic AF logic & common sense ceases to exist because it's fantasy LULZ? Fair enough if GRR wrote that gravity, laws of physics, logic etc.& the characters suddenly sometimes have out of character piss poor common sense but he kinda didn't write it that way so the reality is they took some liberties & shortcuts that were painfully obvious to the audience to be critical of because they were rushed,  lazy & worse because of ego they thought the audience are complete fan boi morons that will buy anything. It's not the "chitty fans" fault for not believing their BS LULZ! Grow a pair & own up where you fk'ed up & FFS have some thicker skin when it comes to the i'm not happy about how my fav character turned out fans. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StompGrind said:

They're like a walking PR disaster. At this point they should just STFU like they should have done in those after episode takes where they stroke their ego & try to justify some chitty nonsensical writing. 

I loved GOT overall & understand a show of that scale & insane schedule is the furthest thing from easy. < Should have talked about that rather than justify with lamer excuses.

They fk'ed up bad numerous times then tried to defend chit that didn't make any sense & i'm not even really talking about character arcs and what not which was fine. They can't blame the fans for being critical. Take responsibility get better & forget the rest i.e. my character didn't do what i want. 

One of THE worst excuses i hear people say all the time about things not having to make sense is it's a fantasy show with dragons. Every time i hear that i cringe. I'm like oh really so gravity, physics & basic AF logic & common sense ceases to exist because it's fantasy LULZ? Fair enough if GRR wrote that gravity, laws of physics, logic etc.& the characters suddenly sometimes have out of character piss poor common sense but he kinda didn't write it that way so the reality is they took some liberties & shortcuts that were painfully obvious to the audience to be critical of because they were rushed,  lazy & worse because of ego they thought the audience are complete fan boi morons that will buy anything. It's not the "chitty fans" fault for not believing their BS LULZ! Grow a pair & own up where you fk'ed up & FFS have some thicker skin when it comes to the i'm not happy about how my fav character turned out fans. 

It's an Onion article. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

It's an Onion article. 

Still more believable than some of the logic defying chit they pulled on the show :lol:

Even if that article is 100% BS i 100% believe those guys have a huge ego & attitude like that. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

27 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

It's an Onion article. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, crangs said:

tenor.gif

Why the faceplam? In my defense i didn't pay mind to source & Onion news is far closer to the truth than say Huffington Post or some e-Hollywood Access show. The reason they can write that and it's funny is because it's true. 

Srs note chit like Tyrion & gang hiding out in a fkn crypt during a battle against the NK who can raise the dead bugged me. Never mind the dumb tactics of the battle but this is just beyond stupidity.  

You mean to tell me no one including the supposed smartest man in the room Tyrion thought it was a bad idea? Even the village idiot would have a smart@ss "what could go wrong" retort to that. 

"Safest place in Winterfell" < Are you fkn kidding me? Dumb & dumber weren't clever enough to come up with something else. < I'm not surprised mofo but it still hurt my brain. That's not good foreshadowing it's just lazy/dumb & the last season was full of stuff like that. 

Edited by StompGrind

17 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Damn, I was hoping Bran the Broken would be a show-only thing. Well, I'm sure GRRM will do a much better job of getting him there.

That is, IF he ever finishes the books. I recall him saying that he would now focus on writing the book but he's got a dozen other things going on now... 🤔🤬

• Thanks 1

Many a true word is spoken in jest.

Stomp just kinda forgot the onion is an openly satirical news source rather then the secretly satirical main news pages, doesn’t make him any less write. 

• Haha 1

The thing is, even if fat **** Martin did tell them every detail and they followed his ideas, the fat ****er will now wrote.a.different ending and change the things people criticized.  He will do it knowing that the huge audience from HBO will now want to see what George did differently.

I'm.almost thinking the ****er purposefully held the books back so he can maximize the book buying audience.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

The thing is, even if fat **** Martin did tell them every detail and they followed his ideas, the fat ****er will now wrote.a.different ending and change the things people criticized.  He will do it knowing that the huge audience from HBO will now want to see what George did differently.

I'm.almost thinking the ****er purposefully held the books back so he can maximize the book buying audience.

Wouldn't be shocking

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Wouldn't be shocking

I think it would be imo.

It's obvious in his various interviews his attitude towards this stuff is that he has many projects and goals, and constantly works towards them. He also has a finite amount of time at his age to make progress. On top of that he's stated that he is already rich. I just can't see him intentionally wasting time and delaying years of progress at his age just for a slightly larger percentage

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MoZZez said:

He said he will not change the things he has set up over the years just to surprise people. Surely he will take notes what worked and what didn't and consider those things while writing. He has denied letting things affect his writing but he is only human.

On 6/2/2019 at 4:25 AM, StompGrind said:

It's satire doe? 

8 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

I started the series over again and I got a good little laugh from the whiners.

Season 7 and 8 are said to be rushed, how dies jon go from dragon stone to the wall, then back etc.

Episode 1, jon aryan dies, king makes it to winterfell same episode, this would be weeks of travel.

Episode 2, most if the way back to winterfell

Caitlain makes if from winterfell to kings landing in an episode, then back to the reach in another.

Robs forces moved all over the country in a blink of the eye.

Yet nobody ever questioned it being rushed or how they moved so damn fast.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

Season 7 and 8 are said to be rushed, how dies jon go from dragon stone to the wall, then back etc.

Episode 1, jon aryan dies, king makes it to winterfell same episode, this would be weeks of travel.

Caitlain makes if from winterfell to kings landing in an episode, then back to the reach in another.

Exactly!

All of those place are hundreds or thousands of miles away from each other.  

5 hours ago, MoZZez said:

I agree for the most part, except for one. Daenerys flew over the entire damn continent in an afternoon to save the magnificent seven when they were trapped on that rock in the middle of the lake surrrounded by the white walker threat minor inconvenience.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

I agree for the most part, except for one. Daenerys flew over the entire damn continent in an afternoon to save the magnificent seven when they were trapped on that rock in the middle of the lake surrrounded by the white walker threat minor inconvenience.

I'll give you that one.

I'll even add in gendry having to walk back a days walk, then send a raven a few hundred miles at least, before she even gets on the dragon to come back.

Unless they just sat on the rock on the frozen lake for a week staring at the stupid undead.

18 hours ago, MoZZez said:

It doesn't matter how far they travel inside an episode if everyone's time goes by at the same rate. If I remember correctly, there were implied time jumps, but it was the same for everyone. Characters who weren't connected could have their own timelines. Nolan's Dunkirk used 3 different timelines which intersected only at the end. The story is told from three perspectives—land (one week of action), sea (one day of action), and air (one hour of action).

5 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Ok ive completed binge watching the series...

you can AMA now

What did you thnk? 

3 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

What did you thnk? 

Reallly good series.....some seasons the depth of the story was streeeetched thin (ie 2, ), some stuff was downright cringe ( the walking dead army), Jon Snow getting killed then revived, Arya stark getting laid and everything related to bran stark.

Best characters in the series: Daenerys, dragons, all the lannisters, Sandor, jorah, almost all the villans( joffrey, ramsay, euron, petyre) brienne, davos

Cringe characters: Arya, bran, theon, dei, missandei, gilly and the fat guy, oberyn, lyanna

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Ok ive completed binge watching the series...

you can AMA now

Why are you such a faɡgot?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Daeny killing Snow and ruling would be the most SJW ending they could have. 

Right?? That was a horrible take, even for Vert.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

fixed it for ye

Appreciate that. I don't have time to switch this **** around everytime I want to call someone a faɡgot

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Is Gilly the only Craster daughter-wife left? 

Probably not. The NK's path didn't cut through Craster's place and IIRC all the daughters decided to stay there after Jon killed the mutineers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 12er© said:

Probably not. The NK's path didn't cut through Craster's place and IIRC all the daughters decided to stay there after Jon killed the mutineers. 

Cool.  I couldn't remember who all survived after Jon came for them.  

1 hour ago, sobercuban said:

I really hope they do a prequel about the Doom of Valyria and the events leading up to it.  

Me tew. I'm pretty fascinated by the whole Faceless men story line. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

Either you don't know what SJW means or you don't know what they believe in. Possibly both?

IMO its more SJW'y to kill a crazy pysco byatch that just exterminated a bunch of people. It would have been a outrage to guys like MauroP to have her win it out in the end.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

IMO its more SJW'y to kill a crazy pysco byatch that just exterminated a bunch of people. It would have been a outrage to guys like MauroP to have her win it out in the end.

Horrible take.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Having a crazy **** win in the end is pretty much the god damn definition of sjw. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, sobercuban said:

fixed it for ye

hey now we cant just go around calling people a bunch of faggots. thats not very nice.

i'll have you know that vert is a scholar and a gentleman.  now i'm not quite certain if he enjoys inserting his pecker up another mans ringpiece, or vice versa, but he was out there graduating from top 20 universities with honours somewhere out in mexico long before you started screwing around with pythagerus and sohcahtoa. show some respect to your resident retard.

just because he chose to watch game of thrones in the seasonal order of last to first doesnt give any of you faggots the right to verbally abuse him

Edited by -idyb-

4 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Liked for the @MauroPedrosa reference.

But still a horrible take.  The BBC, which has gone full SJW in recent years had a cringe-worthy article about the %age of dialogue given to wimmens.  One of the conclusions was a disappointment that despite all the "strong female" characters, it was still a man sitting on the Iron Throne by the end.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

from now on i am idyb the inebriated

at least for a while anyways.   i need to get me one of those electric wheelchairs with a beer holder on it. and maybe some spinner rims, hydraulics, and a boom system installed on it too that would be cool.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Liked for the @MauroPedrosa reference.

But still a horrible take.  The BBC, which has gone full SJW in recent years had a cringe-worthy article about the %age of dialogue given to wimmens.  One of the conclusions was a disappointment that despite all the "strong female" characters, it was still a man sitting on the Iron Throne by the end.

They threw them a bone by making it a man whose **** doesn't work and they're still not happy.

• Haha 2