StompGrind

Game of Thrones

Finished rewatching season 3. So many tragic stories; Tyrion and Shae (and Tywin), Theon's torture, The Red Wedding (which got me into reading the books). Still can't believe Tywin would ever take a prostitute into his bed (later on). Seeing Little Finger's plans outfolding.

Man, there's so many potential prophetic lines going around. I hope Arya doesn't die when she's "caring" for others. Or that Arya won't put a knife into the Hound's eye (maybe the Mountain's... that'd be cool). And what happens when Arya and Melisandre meet again?

On 3/14/2019 at 4:54 AM, DoomPatrol said:

Finished rewatching season 3. So many tragic stories; Tyrion and Shae (and Tywin), Theon's torture, The Red Wedding (which got me into reading the books). Still can't believe Tywin would ever take a prostitute into his bed (later on). Seeing Little Finger's plans outfolding.

Man, there's so many potential prophetic lines going around. I hope Arya doesn't die when she's "caring" for others. Or that Arya won't put a knife into the Hound's eye (maybe the Mountain's... that'd be cool). And what happens when Arya and Melisandre meet again?

Have you finished all the books? 

I just got them and started reading the prologue. That **** is 100x better then the equivalent scene from the show holy damn. If the rest of the books are equally as good quality I regret not reading them sooner! 

A part of me wants to avoid season 8 and just hope George gets his damn books done and see how it unfolds that way... but I’ve been waiting too long now damn it!

• Like 1

Dish never got HBO back, looks like I have to grab it thru Roku and pay $15.99 a month to see dragons and tiddies.

Edited by Bwana

3 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

I just got them and started reading the prologue. That **** is 100x better then the equivalent scene from the show holy damn. If the rest of the books are equally as good quality I regret not reading them sooner! 

A part of me wants to avoid season 8 and just hope George gets his damn books done and see how it unfolds that way... but I’ve been waiting too long now damn it!

I've finished them, overall they are better. I have a feeling that the books and show will have a different endings. There are so many characters missing from the show and the books will change as grrm comes up with new ideas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wickles82 said:

I’ve never seen Game of Thrones and don’t intend on doing so either

Deal with it

I'll bet you're the life of the party.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bwana said:

I'll bet you're the life of the party.

I am actually. I don’t read comics or watch WWE either. I’m 37

Are we supposed to be impressed?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What does that have to do with GOT ?, do you somehow think it's a kid show like Harry Potter ?....filled with tiddies and guy's c0cks getting cut off lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wickles82 said:

You're also a f@ggot, if we're going to hear all of your preferences then don't leave out the good stuff.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, 12er© said:

You're also a f@ggot, if we're going to hear all of your preferences then don't leave out the good stuff.

My original response to him was that I was 37 and I watch Game of Thrones because I'm not a faɡ.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bwana said:

I just saw Emilia Clarke had 2 brain aneurysms

emcl.jpg

I'd give her a dozen more lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wickles82 said:

Are you 12?

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol, two weeks ago wickles82 was refusing to get involved in beef... now he's actively seeking it out in specific threads. 

@Los_Polo_Hermano was right, as usual. The forum changes a man. 

image.png.6f5b4cb288750c03d57cf0649cf1c432.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol, two weeks ago wickles82 was refusing to get involved in beef... now he's actively seeking it out in specific threads. 

@Los_Polo_Hermano was right, as usual. The forum changes a man. 

I am scared of no man

26 minutes ago, wickles82 said:

Only my Mother and Amanda nunes

I can respect that.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 12:58 PM, Enigma_Machine said:

I started reading after season 3. The Red Wedding rustled me so immensely I just had to read them all. I've also read the World of Ice and Fire and am currently reading A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. I'm pretty sure George will never finish the books and it's impossible to avoid being spoiled, so go ahead and watch everything... He has said that the show will take a different route to the same conclusion. There will probably be minor changes.

I'm currently watching season 6, I should finish rewatching the seasons just in time.

Damn it's getting close!

How did you guys hear about the show and start watching? 

For me it's nothing like I was expecting. I thought it'd be a lot more about one on one fighting etc. I'd heard good things about it but always put it off assuming that besides breaking bad, TV shows just aren't that good. Eventually I stumbled on a video of  the mountain and the red viper on youtube. The shocking twist ending had me curious about the show so I got the first season and ended up binge watching the entire first six seasons in time for the release of season 7. No ragrets. Season 7 was lacking behind but I still have high hopes for season 8 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

Damn it's getting close!

For me it's nothing like I was expecting. I thought it'd be a lot more about one on one fighting etc. I'd heard good things about it but always put it off assuming that besides breaking bad, TV shows just aren't that good. Eventually I stumbled on a video of  the mountain and the red viper on youtube. The shocking twist ending had me curious about the show so I got the first season and ended up binge watching the entire first six seasons in time for the release of season 7. No ragrets. Season 7 was lacking behind but I still have high hopes for season 8 

I was about to start the books after a friend recommended when they declared the show.  Then had to wait til my TV service contract ran out so I could watch season  1 nearly 9 months after it first aired. Worked out well. didn't have to wait for season  2

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

Damn it's getting close!

I just saw the previews on HBO and decided to give it a try. The first couple of episodes I had no clue what was going on because of the amount of characters. Another forum I was on discussed it and I used the GOT wiki. After the first season I bought all of the books and read them before season 2. 

My friend's kid is trying to get him to watch it but he doesn't like the fantasy aspect. Really that doesn't have a huge part in the shows until later, he's missing out. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

Damn it's getting close!

I didn't start watching until maybe season 2 or even 3.  But once I finally watched the first episode I binged ever episode that had come out over a weekend.  

• Thanks 1

I read about it from a magazine. It said there's a new fantasy show coming, but it's "a difficult read" due to the amount of characters. I thought "fine, at least it's a fantasy show, there's not too many of those".

After the third season I read the books. In hindsight, that was a good time to do it. I was unaware of 2 of the biggest twists (Ned & Red Wedding). Since then, I've delved deep into the lore.

• Like 1

Wow I’d forgotten how hard it throws viewers in the deep end with all these characters and no context, I remember actually tripping out over the three eyed raven dream sequences at the start of a few episodes in season 1, thinking the episodes had been repeated and named wrong because the starts were almost identical. 

• Like 1

alright ive been out of the loop for a while but thanks to u forum idiots reminding me about the new season i now have the GoT theme song playing in my head and its probably going to persist all damn day

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -idyb- said:

alright ive been out of the loop for a while but thanks to u forum idiots reminding me about the new season i now have the GoT theme song playing in my head and its probably going to persist all damn day

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

thanks alot you filthy internet troll. now i will never look at the game of thrones song in the same manner again

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, -idyb- said:

^

"peter dinklage" is my favorite lyrics in that song. i really like that part.

Not many words rhyme with 'Dinklage'. Takes a talented song writer to nail that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Not many words rhyme with 'Dinklage'. Takes a talented song writer to nail that. 

well, if you had some issues going on with your pecker skin, you could call it "Peter Wrinklage"

Saw some thing about some Germans who made an algorithm to try and predict who will survive the series.  

They have Dany at a 99% survival rate.  I feel like Dany is one of the LEAST likely characters to make it through.  

19 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Watch him get smoked before the end of the first episode .... 

ive got my crying towel ready

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2019 at 6:36 PM, Enigma_Machine said:

Damn it's getting close!

My dad loves fantasy and reads a ton, so when the first book came out he bought it, loved it, and passed it to my brother and I to read in turn. I was about 15 and had read a lot of fantasy to that point, but never anything so dark and br00tal. 

I remember when it was announced they were filming a series based on it i thought it would be impossible, for a lot of fairly obvious reasons, but it exceeded everyones expectations. 

Ill add that i have the next two weeks off, im at home, and my body is ready. 

Valar Morghulis

• Like 1