I saw you were playing BFV earlier Juice. How did you like it? It can be brutal when you're not playing with a coordinated squad.

It's fun but tough with blueberries. I tried out every class and ran with the medic class for awhile. No one would return the favor with revives and we kept losing because of it. Once I unlock some more weapons and and equipment it will be better too. I just started so only have the first guns. I need to be more patient sometimes. I kept getting caught in the open trying to run to revive people. 

Just now, juice64011 said:

It's fun but tough with blueberries. I tried out every class and ran with the medic class for awhile. No one would return the favor with revives and we kept losing because of it. Once I unlock some more weapons and and equipment it will be better too. I just started so only have the first guns. 

I'm off on sunday and monday nights. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 10:44 AM, Mcmax3000 said:

My time has come... I can finally become a pro gamer!

news-image104.jpg

u wanna race me in combine harvesters brah?

@-idyb- Without getting long winded how much of a difference is there between a 1050ti and a 1060. I have a guy wanting to sell me a i5-7300 1060 for $600 but looking online at I found a Lonovo with a i7 1050ti for $800. Both are laptops.

if ur gonna do any gaming with it go for the one with the 1060. preferably a 6gb model. at this point u really wouldnt want to go any lower for a non upgradeable gaming laptop thats fairly old at this point.   well, not old, but using hardware thats kinda on its way out in favour of newer laptops using the newer and better turing gpu's.

the 1050 and 1050ti models are cheap and pretty much entry level gaming gpu's that will struggle with most games at 1080p even. a 1060 is alot faster and still relatively cheap. go for one with a 6gb 1060 and he  should be good for a while.  its not gonna beast every game without turning some stuff down from ultra, but itll still be pretty damn good.   if he's not getting it for any heavy modern gaming just stick with whatevers cheaper.

as for the price difference its up to u guys to decide if its worth it.thats still a decent bit of money but its hard to find one thats good in quality and priced low.  if i was getting it for gaming id want it to have some good cooling in it as well as the 6gb 1060  at the minimum. i'd probably go asus or msi too none of that lenovo or acer sh*t. hell ive had a lenovo prebuilt crap out on me real easy before so i dont really want nothing to do with that brand, but after 6 years i have a cheap acer laptop still going strong so i guess its not all that bad of a brand i probably wouldnt get one for gaming though.

just shop around and look for a deal. dont get hung up on the first thing you come across. personally i would look for something a little better that might last longer  but ud have to spend around 1000-1200 and at least ud get something more quality. probably with 16gb ram and an ssd+hdd combo and a 1070 in there.  but if money is an issue then its probably out of the equation.  its hard to find a 'cheap' laptop thats actually any good. ud save alot of money if u just went for a prebuilt desktop or even more if u build urself but if portability is a requirement then u really dont have much of a choice but to pay the extra for a laptop.

Edited by -idyb-

Appreciate it, I'll save the extra $200 and just buy his laptop, it's my first gaming PC so it will be a decent entry point for me

yeah but the thing is for laptops u want something with a decent gpu cause unless u got a thunderbolt port u cant just up and change it. and even then it wouldnt run as good with thunderbolt as it would if u had it directly connected.

the games arent getting any less demanding so if u expect to be able to play anything decently in a year or two  u should get something thats good now otherwise ull be stuck having to buy another laptop real fast once u stop getting the performance ur after in your games. thats the thing with laptops ur pretty much stuck with what you have.   if it were me and i was going entry level id go i7 + 16 gb ram + 6gb 1060  + ssd and hdd and at least from a respectable manufacturer that implements good cooling in it.   that way i could at least expect to get a few more years out of it without having to gimp my settings just to get my **** to run decently in any new games that come out

also i dunno about buying used. u never know how hard its been abused or how much dust is inside of it and whatnot. i mean if youre only paying a couple hundred bucks then its no big risk or anything and more of a deal. but the closer to market value youre paying it might be more of a risk unless u can trust the guy that he took good care of his sh*t. i myself have never bought any used computer parts but if i did it would be from a trustworthy source. not some dude off craigslist or ebay who's just trying to get rid of all his mining gear or whatever who knows what kind of abuse it would have taken and it probably wouldnt be under warranty anymore, so just be wary of that and make sure it works. take the battery out, power it to the wall and run like hwmonitor just to monitor the temps to see how it operates normally and then run some prime95 stress tests on it for like half an hour to see what the temps peak at and make sure it doesnt turn off or anything like that. because then ull know theres probably alot of gunk inside, or the cpu needs to be repasted or something like that if it powers off abnormally, and chances are u wont really be able to enjoy any gaming at all on it cause itll just cut off in the middle of your session.   

but yeah if the price is right and u trust the guy that hes just not out to hustle you, id say go for it. just run some stress tests on it for a bit to make sure it can still withstand a high load and temperature for a while without powering off or throttling the cpu and gpu clock speeds.    alot of cheaper laptops will cave out under stress. especially after a couple years and then ud need to open it up and clean it out and repaste and all that which might not be worth ur time if u can get a similar setup brand new for just a little more money. i mean if youre paying like over 600 dollars id expect to try to get something thats gonna last. thats all im saying.  i dunno how content i would be with playing games with just a 1050ti. its pretty limited as it is already and just to play anything from the last couple years at 1080p  youd still have to start cranking down the settings just to hold a decent framerate on anything.  the thing is with laptops ur better off just spending the extra money and buying something new and a little more powerful than what youre original target is.  that way it will last and be more ready for the future. its better than just throwing alot of money away on something u might not really be that happy with and u cant really do much else about other than just go buy a new one and try again.    but then again if youre not playing any newer demanding games and u dont mind having lower quality textures or lower framerates comparable or even possibly worse than on consoles, then none of that would really matter and just go after whatevers cheaper i would think

Edited by -idyb-
  • Thanks 1

here try this one

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834155022&ignorebbr=1

MSI GL63 8RE-629

regular $1249, on sale for $999, but just $879 after mail in rebate

basically the same specs. just a regular ssd and a 1080p 60hz screen. and a more respectable brand i guess

dunno if its worth it to u to pay the extra $220 for the bigger ssd and the 144hz panel. personally i would if it wasnt an acer. then i'd be able to let that 1060 breathe a little instead of having to lock down every game to 60fps to avoid the screen tearing

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

actually looking at the spec sheet, that msi laptop  will only support hdmi 1.4 or mini displayport outputs so it will only support up to 1080p 60hz or 4k 30hz external displays. 

ughh. forget that msi laptop  altogether if u ever want to hook it up to a better more capable display or even your 4k tv. that pc will forever be a locked 1080p 60fps gaming machine if you dont want to deal with screen tearing which youll no doubt see alot of in your games if u start going over 60fps and u dont run vsync/adaptive sync/fast sync/borderlesss windowed mode (forced vsync) or cap it with rivatuner or some other program to limit your framerate to 60fps so that it wont go over your displays refresh rate, which the laptop is powerful enough to do in most games at 1080p anyways.

a 120hz display would be much more welcomed on that laptop. sure its a 1080p 60fps build, but it can still push over that in plenty of games.

i'd keep looking. but that acer does look pretty decent. price seems kind of high though,  but i guess all laptops are priced high. might want to check out a microcenter if u have a store in ur area they always sell good sh*t cheaper than anywhere else in their strores, but online not so much. , or just keep looking on amazon or newegg or wherever.  . for the most part they are cheap. but just make sure they have adequate cooling and ventilation, but again i probably wouldnt recommend going to them unless youre sure on it and the price is perfect.  id avoid best buy, walmart or any of those big box stores, or cheap build-it yourself sites like ibuypower, cyberpowerpc, or ecollegepc unless u can manage to find a system from a respected brand and u get a good warranty. so none of that hp, lenovo or dell or random company name uve never heard of chit in your gaming laptop. save that for your $200 laptop to watch cat videos on youtube.

other than that i dont really know so i cant be of much more help. i dont really have any interest anymore on laptops or prebuilts so im probably not the guy to talk to when it comes to finding deals on an entire pc. all i know is that that msi laptop i was looking at before appeared to be a pretty sweet deal for the price, but it turns out its lacking some basic functionality and a more capable display, so unless u just want a cheap 1080p 60fps machine without alot of bells and whistles, id probably forget about that one for now

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

I think im gonna die laughing if this does actually end up happening lol

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Edited by Jolldan

17 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

You guys playing bf1?

Never. I'd rather be dead than play BF1 with you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

Not surprised

You're not surprised that we prefer to play the newer and better game?

13 hours ago, Yesterdays_Hero said:

Does anyone know if GTA San Andreas/Vice City/3 are backwards compatible on the Xbox One?

GTA4 & San Andreas, yes.

VC & GTA3, no.

• Like 1

Is San Andreas backwards compatible? I know the mobile version was ported to 360 and made backwards compatible on the one, but not sure about the original Xbox version.

Reason this matters is the mobile one on 360 is dog ****.

6 hours ago, PATSTER said:

Is San Andreas backwards compatible? I know the mobile version was ported to 360 and made backwards compatible on the one, but not sure about the original Xbox version.

Reason this matters is the mobile one on 360 is dog ****.

It’s the 360 version.

If you have an original Xbox disc, you can use that, but it still installs the 360 port, not the original game.

3 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Did anyone play the Anthem demo?

I played for like five minutes or so. I got into the Alpha back in December and played through all of the content in that. It seemed fine. It’s one of those Destiny style games. If I was going to have a group to play it with consistently, I’d consider getting it, but since I don’t, if I wanted to play one of those solo, I’d just play the copy of Destiny 2 that I own but barely touched.

Playing Frontline on BFV, my team sucks and keeps getting pushed back. The other team has a tank and my team is too dumb to switch to assault to destroy it.

I switch over, kill 2 guys on the way, push past the enemy to the tank, kill the Gunner, kill the guy repairing, blow up the tank, kill another guy running by, kill a sniper, and then go back to the objective. A teammate and I sneak behind and kill 6 more guys between the two of us.

Server disconnects... 

F U

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Playing Frontline on BFV, my team sucks and keeps getting pushed back. The other team has a tank and my team is too dumb to switch to assault to destroy it.

I switch over, kill 2 guys on the way, push past the enemy to the tank, kill the Gunner, kill the guy repairing, blow up the tank, kill another guy running by, kill a sniper, and then go back to the objective. A teammate and I sneak behind and kill 6 more guys between the two of us.

Server disconnects... 

F U

9754d4791c2b7f2f3c36e3f977cace84.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/7/2019 at 3:12 PM, Mcmax3000 said:

Anybody else get into the Division 2 beta?

I just pre-ordered so I could give it a try, I'm just hoping the PVP isn't required for end-game gear because everything I've seen of it looks like an awful experience. Also 43gb download on Australian internet, can't wait to play the beta in 2020

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

Has anyone else played Apex Legends? 

I played a couple hours of the PC version and it was pretty fun. Didn’t run great, but I’d blame that more on me having a four year old MacBook Pro than the game itself.

2 hours ago, Mcmax3000 said:

I played a couple hours of the PC version and it was pretty fun. Didn’t run great, but I’d blame that more on me having a four year old MacBook Pro than the game itself.

trying to game on a macbook pro lol

the fook is wrong with you son?

3 hours ago, -idyb- said:

trying to game on a macbook pro lol

the fook is wrong with you son?

Ideally I would’ve been on Xbox, but I had friends that wanted to play and they’re on PC, so I used the only thing I had.

9 minutes ago, America said:

Was For Honor any good? It's free on PS4 along with season 1 of Hitman.

I enjoyed it. Certainly worth a free download. As is Hitman. Hitman rules.

Just now, Mcmax3000 said:

I enjoyed it. Certainly worth a free download. As is Hitman. Hitman rules.

Appreciate it, I already started downloading Hitman, I'll add For Honor

1 hour ago, America said:

Appreciate it, I already started downloading Hitman, I'll add For Honor

I have both on XB1, but I should grab them on PS4 too.

• Like 2

Playing Apex Legends. We were 1 of 2 squads left. I went to pick something up and for some reason my controller disconnects. Immediately get slaughtered by the other squad...

kinda on the fence about buying a nintendo switch just to play zelda. 

rustles my jimmies thats like the one game i want to play but i dont have a system for.  maybe ill try emulating it with CEMU or something and if they still havent gotten their chit together ill have no other choice i guess

Edited by -idyb-

18 minutes ago, Weidman_The_God said:

Sooooo ****ing pumped for Anthem and Far cry this month

I'm pumped for Anthem. Theres a lot of people that dont like it but I enjoyed the two betas a lot. 

8 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I haven't seen anything about a new far cry

It's a direct sequel to FC5. Kind of Blood Dragon-ish in that it's a smaller game they're doing rather than the next numbered game in the series.

• Like 1