Dangerous Driving is out today. All other video games no longer matter now that I essentially have a new Burnout to play.

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

You have to run Firestorm with 12er and I. We need someone to revive us when we do something dumb. 

I'd be up for that some night.

1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Ripped my one elited controller apart today because the LB button broke. Pretty easy process. 

20190412_122855.jpg

The bumpers on one controllers are pieces of ****

@12er i remember you were one of the people with the great take that the original bumper design on the day one controller worked fine when all the idiots couldn't figure out how to press the button. In my experience those were the more reliable controllers. Can you still buy that version?

Edited by PATSTER
  • Like 1

I've never had any problems with any of the bumpers on any of my controllers but I did drop my original Elite controller once and messed up something about the d-pad I think because any time the controller is connected it's like the left direction is being held down.

My OG controller was durable but eventually it had some drift on the left joystick. That's unfortunate because I like it better than the one that came with my one x

The bumpers on the elite are hot garbage, mine broke too. 

I waited forever for scuf elites to be in stock, thinking they might be a better quality and then jumped to buy one when they were finally in stock and I didn't notice that the one I was buying wasn't the scuf version but the microsoft version with scuf cosmetic differences. Smh.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2019 at 4:48 PM, Mcmax3000 said:

Dangerous Driving is out today. All other video games no longer matter now that I essentially have a new Burnout to play.

not even don bradman cricket?

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 3:02 PM, -idyb- said:

not even don bradman cricket?

Not even Don Bradman Cricket.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Ripped my one elited controller apart today because the LB button broke. Pretty easy process. 

20190412_122855.jpg

i remember when i had a sticky Y button on my original xbox one controller. it would (and still does) kinda stick down for a microsecond if the controller isnt being used for a while, but repeatedly pressing the button really fast for like 10 seconds seems to unstick it and then im good until my next session.

but anyways i didnt want to deal with that nuisance every time i fire up a game, so i was going to open the controller up and clean it all out but couldnt find my spudger to pry the damn shell open so i tried using a small little mini flathead screwdriver which is for use on tiny little circuit boards and other small chit. i figured the flat little blade would be tiny enough to get in there and pop it open, in fact it was making a little bit of progress but then i slipped a little and somehow ended up stabbing myself with the screwdriver, impaling my left hand between my thumb and index finger that was also holding the controller at the time.

it was a pretty awkward accident.  i was bleeding all over the place but i didnt hit a vein and it didnt go all the way through my hand or anything either. at that point i just said to hell with it and went and bought a new controller. i probably should have stopped at the hospital and got a tetnis shot too or something

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 12er© said:

The bumpers on the elite are hot garbage, mine broke too. 

I waited forever for scuf elites to be in stock, thinking they might be a better quality and then jumped to buy one when they were finally in stock and I didn't notice that the one I was buying wasn't the scuf version but the microsoft version with scuf cosmetic differences. Smh.

This was my launch Elite that broke. I'm assuming because of the repeated LB presses for Sekiro and MK11 beta. 

I stumbled over to Gamestop today and bought the Razer Wolverine "elite" controller. I read good things about them so I'm gonna give that a shot tonight. The only problem is its wired but I sit relatively close to my screen so its not a big deal. 

I bought those scuf accessories for my other elite and they're nice. The only thing that sucks is that the sticks are trash and wear out after a couple weeks of use. 

20190412_160651.jpg

• Like 2

i almost bought an elite controller a while back but then seeing a whole bunch of reviews ended up cancelling out that idea. seen alot of complaints about stick drift and bad grips and bumpers. i have a drawer full of 360 controllers that ended up getting a bit of stick drift, or bumpers that stick or dont want to register the click unless i jam down hard on it. mainly analog stick issues though. i dont want to fork over 200 bucks on something that seems to be prone to any of that.  and after my last experience impaling myself, i really dont feel too eager  to ever need to open it up and try to fix anything either.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

in cremation of that tragic event the other day where al quida terrorists flew an airplane into a catholic dam over in France, assassins creed unity is currently free on PC.  for those of you who havent already pirated the game, itll be free to claim on uplay until the 25th

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Eclipse76 said:

Thoughts on the PS5 stats? Looks great so far. At least from the interview.

The best place to play, like always

• Like 1

Holy sheet I didn't think they had even made 1900 games for the PS3 & PS4, dude must never leave his house lol 

On 4/23/2019 at 4:08 PM, Eclipse76 said:

Thoughts on the PS5 stats? Looks great so far. At least from the interview.

Meh. They're going to try and push an 8k capable machine with on 12 tf. Need atleast 20. 

Gonna be underpowered like the pro. 

• Like 2

if anyone with a Switch here wants 3 months of nintendo switch online for free, (or a year if youre a regular amazon prime user)  you can create an amazon account, put in your credit card and sign up for a month  free trial of amazon prime.   twitch prime comes included with amazon prime so you can create a twitch account and link it to your amazon prime account and then claim the free nintendo switch online 3 month offer, and then afterwards unlink your accounts and cancel your prime subscription and youre good for 3 months of switch online and 1 month of amazon prime and twitch prime and you won't be charged anything

if you already have an amazon prime account and itll be active for more than 3 months, youll be able to come back in 3 months and get 9 more months of Switch online for free. effectively giving you a whole year to play online on your switch for free.

just thought id pass that off if anyones interested.   i exploit amazon all of the time with a new email and account every time my prime runs out and i want to order something and get free 2 day shipping and maybe watch a few shows or movies off Prime Video. they may frown upon it but they dont do anything about it. been doing it for over a year now.   unlike netflix, amazon doesnt tie their 30 day trials of their subscription services directly to your credit card on your account. its only through your actual amazon account., all you need to do is create a new email address and amazon account every time your prime runs out, put in your card and then cancel your membership right after, and youre good for another month.

just something to consider, not just for the free nintendo switch online and whatnot, but it also gives you twitch prime which often gives out freebies for lots of other games and services. it might be worth taking advantage of.   it wont actually end up costing you anything, and it doesnt take much effort to do either so why not?

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

if anyone with a Switch here wants 3 months of nintendo switch online for free, (or a year if youre a regular amazon prime user)  you can create an amazon account, put in your credit card and sign up for a month  free trial of amazon prime.   twitch prime comes included with amazon prime so you can create a twitch account and link it to your amazon prime account and then claim the free nintendo switch online 3 month offer, and then afterwards unlink your accounts and cancel your prime subscription and youre good for 3 months of switch online and 1 month of amazon prime and twitch prime and you won't be charged anything

if you already have an amazon prime account and itll be active for more than 3 months, youll be able to come back in 3 months and get 9 more months of Switch online for free. effectively giving you a whole year to play online on your switch for free.

just thought id pass that off if anyones interested.   i exploit amazon all of the time with a new email and account every time my prime runs out and i want to order something and get free 2 day shipping and maybe watch a few shows or movies off Prime Video. they may frown upon it but they dont do anything about it. been doing it for over a year now.   unlike netflix, amazon doesnt tie their subscription services directly to your credit card. its only through your actual amazon account., all you need to do is create a new email address and amazon account every time your prime runs out, put in your card and then cancel your membership right after, and youre good for another month.

just something to consider, not just for the free nintendo switch online and whatnot, but it also gives you twitch prime which often gives out freebies for lots of other games and services. it might be worth taking advantage of.   it wont actually end up costing you anything, and it doesnt take much effort to do either so why not?

I'm guessing it doesn't work if you already have amazon prime or Nintendo online 

37 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

I'm guessing it doesn't work if you already have amazon prime or Nintendo online 

it will work if you already have a prime account.   just create a twitch account and link it with your amazon prime account and then it upgrades you to twitch prime. from  there all you have to do is claim the offer

thats even better, because the initial offer is 1 year free, but you can only claim 3 months unless youre a recurring member. youll need to come back 2 months later on the same account to claim the other 9.

as for already having switch online im not sure what the deal is.  i'm not 100% sure if it will give you a code you can redeem,  or if youll have to log into a nintendo account.   and i'm not sure if it will stack on to what you already own.  I know that if i add anything to my xbox live account, it extends my xbox live expiration date  by the months or years i add on to it. im fairly certain that PSN is the same, although ive always waited for it to expire before i ever add anything onto it, and i havent even bothered to renew my ps plus yet since it ran out in january.   but if nintendo switch online was worth a damn, they would add those 3 months on and extend your subscription too.

its worth a try anyways

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/nintendo

Are existing Nintendo Switch Online members eligible for this offer?

Only Nintendo Switch Online users with individual Memberships are eligible for this offer. These users can add the 3-month and 9-month memberships on to their existing membership period. Unfortunately, Nintendo Switch Online Family Memberships are not eligible to participate in the campaign. Also please note that users cannot add additional months to an existing membership if that would cause their Nintendo Switch Online access time balance to exceed 36 months.

just looked at it and yes, if youre already a  regular switch online account  you can claim it and have the 3 or 9  months added on to your existing subscription. unless you have a family membership, whatever the hell that is, then it wont let you for some reason.  or if you were like super stoked the other day about playing your nintendo online that you went ahead and topped up your account with 3 god damn years worth of nintendo online in one go, then it wont take too kindly to that either.

so yeah, if youre just using a regular nintendo account and want some extra free months, its worth the 10 minutes of creating and linking a bunch of accounts.  just make sure to cancel your amazon prime trial right afterwards, otherwise youll get charged a month later when it goes to auto-renew.  you can cancel your membership right after claiming your 3 months of nintendo online, and youll still be able to reap all the benefits of amazon and twitch prime for 30 days at no charge.

but existing prime members with active subscriptions pretty much get a whole year for free as long as they still have prime 2 months from now. just claim the 3 month offer, and then sign back in 2 months from now and then claim the 9 month offer.  

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, -idyb- said:

unless you have a family membership, whatever the hell that is

It's a slightly more expensive version of the service that allows you to share the service with up to I think eight people total rather than each person needing their own individual subscription.

• Sad 1

why do people need their own subscriptions?  on xbox one and ps4 all you really need is one main account and you just set it to home console and any user on that device can have access to their games and you could play online, so long as the main user has an active subscription.  i figured it would also be like that on the switch.

and can people on the family plan be allowed access to play online seperately from their own switch?   if so i guess that would be kind of like steam family sharing or netflix and it could serve a purpose. you could just split up the costs and add the users to your family account. the moment they stop ponying up that dollar or two every month, you exile them from your family and make them go buy their own games and online access.   

and does this work for game sharing too, or is it simply just online play only?

but if the family account online sharing was locked directly to the one single switch console itself and they expect you to pay more money just to allow more than one account to play online off your home console, then that would be some serious money grubbing bullsh*t. i just wrote up a wall of text going off about it, assuming thats what it would be like but i really have no idea how its supposed to work.  the only interest i have at all in a Switch is just to play zelda botw, but ill probably just end up emulating it instead of buying a whole new device.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, -idyb- said:

why do people need their own subscriptions?  on xbox one and ps4 all you really need is one main account and you just set it to home console

I think that works on the Switch as well (but not 100% sure) but since the Switch is also a handheld system, they probably figure that people are more likely to have multiple Switch systems in the same home.

but if the family account online sharing was locked directly to the one single switch console itself 

It’s not. I have a friend that doesn’t even live in the same country as me on my family plan.

he better be paying you well. in canadian currency. if its Vert youre dealing with, and he's paying you in mexican peso's  youre gonna have to kick him out of your family and find somebody else to adopt into your family plan

i mean its what? $4 USD per month? thats alot of money up here and there are people who get killed for less than that. he better not be giving you a raw deal for your services you are providing him.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, -idyb- said:

he better be paying you well

Nah. I had extra open slots on my family subscription so I offered. I was going to have it either way, so this gave me somebody to play Smash Bros with.

4 hours ago, -idyb- said:

i mean its what? $4 USD per month?

I don't know what the monthly rate is. I don't even know if you can pay monthly for the family subscription. I got the annual one, which I think was like $35 for the year.

oh come on bro if he's gonna leech free online access off you, you might as well make him create a really corny account name and tie that to your family plan, so he will have to use that name for all to see if he wants to play online

a couple days of having to play as KnobGoblin258 and surely he'll pony up the money for his own online account

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

if any of my fellow pc master race breathren nere ever had any doubts that religion is a scam, you can buy the game called Bible Test on steam for $200.

but you can get a major deal if you buy it bundled with Pussy Password and 4 other games which appear to be russian p*rn or spyware.   It would only set you back $20, so if youve really got the itch to thump your bible and test your knowledge of jesus, now is probably the best time to jump on the deal

https://store.steampowered.com/app/977200/Bible_Test/

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

who's all hyped for Bee Simulator?  

McMod i know youve probably got it on preorder already, but the rest of you should be on notice.  this might very well bee the best game that gets showcased at this years E3. other than cyberpunk 2077 of course

Edited by -idyb-

8 hours ago, -idyb- said:

who's all hyped for Bee Simulator?  

McMod i know youve probably got it on preorder already, but the rest of you should be on notice.  this might very well bee the best game that gets showcased at this years E3. other than cyberpunk 2077 of course

Animal Crossing for Switch is the only game that matters this year at E3.

lol for f*ck sakes bro.   and i dont even think youre trolling either

Edited by -idyb-

lol for f*ck sakes bro.   and i dont even think youre trolling either

I have never been more serious about anything in my life. It’s the first new console Animal Crossing in over a decade. Nothing that any other company could possibly announce could be more important than that.

i just google image searched Animal Crossing and thats definately some next level chit right there bro.  i can see why youre hyped.

19 hours ago, Mcmax3000 said:

I have never been more serious about anything in my life. It’s the first new console Animal Crossing in over a decade. Nothing that any other company could possibly announce could be more important than that.