from everything ive seen, these guys should be paying you the money just to have to suffer through it.

i mean its not as bad on pc even tho u still need a strong machine to hold 60 fps but on xbox i really dont know how they were allowed to release this thing in its current condition.    you would expect EA and Activision to release something like this and fill it up with loot boxes and DLC, but come on. throw the xbox one owners a bone here. its christmas and they need a game to play too.

They didn't even add any achievements in. They did the bare minimum to make the game playable and shipped it.

• Like 1

They didn't even add any achievements in.

That’s normal. Game Preview games don’t get achievements until close to “release”.

That’s normal. Game Preview games don’t get achievements until close to “release”.

That's true. As mentioned, I didn't pay close attention to the specifics of the port, just woke up and saw the game on my xbox in the morning.

if its just a preview, why the **** are they selling it in stores? every other retail game on the same shelves beside it is "complete"  no matter how polished it is or isnt, or what online features its missing or has to be fixed, at least its the full release

what a scam. looks to me like microsoft really wanted the xbox to actually have a game this winter so they just gave it the green light anyways, knowing its pretty much an unenjoyable experience that is gonna need a tonne of work before it ever gets in a finished and working state.  

i dont know about you guys but if im getting under 20fps in the starting zone and 3 frames per second while parachuting right near the start of the game,  that just screams of a steam refund. like you guys spent $500+ on a console for that kind of an experience? are you f*cking kidding me? like they say the pc version isnt very optimized but at least itll do over 60 fps if youve got any decent kind of setup. but watching the digitalfoundry analysis videos of the xbox and xbox one x versions,  its running like absolute garbage with whats equivalent to the graphics settings on low.  i mean look at those textures.

they need to fix this chit. its embarassing. but i dont think theyll ever be able to work around it when the hardware is built with some chitty tablet style cpu and they are making a game that has over a handful of people on the map.  thats just gonna crush the system.    must be fun to be getting shot by people you cant even see all the time when the game becomes an unplayable stutterfest.

Edited by -idyb-

at least they had the common decency to not put ark on the store shelves until it was in an official release state. i got the game for 12 bucks with the scorched earth expansion the other year. but when it got released the price got jacked up to like 75 bucks here all of a sudden just for the base game, so im glad i bought it in the early access stage anyways. 

Edited by -idyb-

In ark they had achievements before its official release. But it was early access for a long time

I think I downloaded ark the day it came out and it didn't have them but it did after a while

In ark they had achievements before its official release. But it was early access for a long time

Yeah, it got achievements before it was technically 1.0, but not until it was closer to "release". It didn't have them at the start.

if its just a preview, why the **** are they selling it in stores?

Because they want something people can buy as a gift for Christmas.

every other retail game on the same shelves beside it is "complete"

Nope. You can buy Fortnite in stores even though it is still in early access until sometime next year.

Witcher 3 got its Xbox One X patch today.

I think I'm the only person who doesn't enjoy this game, I've bought it and returned it twice off the advice of other people and it bores the crap out of me. Same with Skyrim. I also have the attention span of a goldfish

Because they want something people can buy as a gift for Christmas.

Nope. You can buy Fortnite in stores even though it is still in early access until sometime next year.

stop going all politically correct on me mcmod. you know my jimmies cant handle it

but i guess thats the new trend.  before they used to release half baked games but at least they'd try to get it patched up and in a finished and playable state within the first week or so if something wasnt right. Well except for EA. Sometimes you'd have to wait a year for them to get their chit together and youd be lucky if you didnt have to pay more just to get the rest of your game.

before early access games on shelves was unheard of.  when you'd buy a game it would more or less be finished. well, at least up until the end of the 360/ps3 era. Happilly putting early access games on shelves? thats a new low.

these days theyre like f*ck it. people will pay for anything.  lets not even try to finish it, herp this chit on shelves, have no guarantee of if or when it will actually be in a finished and enjoyable state, and the suckers will still eat it all up.  3 - 11 fps at the beginning of the game and a piss poor framerate the whole way through? forget about it! its christmas time and we need some games to offer. lets just green light that chit so we can market it to the masses! Daddy wants a new Mazarratti under the tree this year!

whats their next grand scheme to rob people for their money? are they gonna make you pay money upfront just to be allowed to to watch a trailer for the next assassins creed, battlefield, or call of duty game?  i mean chit 99% of the demos these days you have to actually preorder the whole damn game months in advance just to be able to play the damn thing, completely defeating the original purpose and point of a demo as we know it.

but hey if you want to spend a hundred bucks for some virtual dirt, star citizen has you covered. people are still forking over crazy amounts of dough for DLC and expansions on a vaporware game that will never be released lol

Edited by -idyb-

caught in a dilemma of buying up an asus strix 1080ti on a whim here or waiting for the volta series to launch

so f*cking tempted to just buy now but the better half of me is telling me to wait.

• Like 1

I kinda wish DICE would bring out a Battle Royale game. Imagine what DICE could do. BF4 as blueprint that game did so much right from weapon sounds to body physics. Make it happen.

apparently ark survival evolved on pc supports hdr for nvidia gpus. gonna update the game and see if it works

welp i guess they were having issues implementing it so they actually removed the option since last months patch. god damnit

Edited by -idyb-

Monster Hunter beta is so so. I've never played a game in beta so i dont know how much they change between then and release. Graphics are pretty bland which isnt that big of a deal but the button configurations and having to hit weird combinations to pull off something as simple as drinking a potion is awkward.

Still seems fun, just different.

• Like 2

Monster Hunter beta is so so. I've never played a game in beta so i dont know how much they change between then and release. Graphics are pretty bland which isnt that big of a deal but the button configurations and having to hit weird combinations to pull off something as simple as drinking a potion is awkward.

Still seems fun, just different.

I think the game comes out in like a month, so I wouldn't expect significant changes between the beta, and the final game.

• Like 1

Changes so far after the UFC 3 beta.

Stamina adjusted. Fighters move now significantly slower with low stamina

1-2 spam changed. You're now able to block and slip and counter.

Opening a combo by ducking into the opponent has been fixed.

Sub gates are now easier to defend unlike in the beta.

Ragdoll KOs are back.

Ko zoom-in is gone.

More changes to come in the new year.

This game finna be LIT.

Changes so far after the UFC 3 beta.

Stamina adjusted. Fighters move now significantly slower with low stamina

1-2 spam changed. You're now able to block and slip and counter.

Opening a combo by ducking into the opponent has been fixed.

Sub gates are now easier to defend unlike in the beta.

Ragdoll KOs are back.

Ko zoom-in is gone.

More changes to come in the new year.

This game finna be LIT.

do u still have to open loot boxes just to add moves for your created fighter?

do u still have to open loot boxes just to add moves for your created fighter?

No you can easily play another game mode this time around unlike in UFC 2. You have online knockout mode online sub mode GOAT mode and championship mode.

Only Ultimate team has his problem, but I think the devs will also put some work into that mode as well. It was so unbalanced. But yeah you still have to open packs in UT to get movea. It's much easier to get good ones this time though. Ive created a complete fighter in 2-3 days it's way easier...

but still pay to win that is what you wanted to hear amirite?

As part of a moment to appreciate ufc 3 coming out soon I'm going to create a list of new likely fighters to the roster this edition. One of my favorite parts about the new ufc games is looking at all of the new stars that have risen since the last game and of course being able to play as them. Here goes.

HW:

Ngannou

Blaydes

Volkov

Tybura

Albini

Lhw:

Volkan

Circunov

Pedro

Latifi

Jan

MW:

Kelvin

Hendricks

The Eraser

Branch

WW:

Till

Perry

Ponz

Usman

Meek

RDA

Colby

Yancy

Cowboy

LW:

Gaethje

Kevin Lee

Trinaldo

Paul Felder

Brooks

FW:

Ortega

Emmett

Bektic

Jury

Bw:

Moraes

Somebody help me out I'm sure that I'm missing a few.

Clearly the WW division has developed the most new talent since then, very fun time for the division.

holy chit FH got bant

what he do this time?

Not sure, but I'd bet my left nut that "excessive fogletry" would be an apt description.

Edited by 12er™
  • Like 5

i got a 1 year xbox live voucher just over a year ago and i dunno if these things expire so i dusted off the old xbox and turned it on and ive been waiting over half an hour so far just for it to do a 3 gigabyte update and its only at 57%

for **** sakes all i want to do is punch in a code. i dont even know if its still good this might just be a big waste of my time

pisses me off every time i finally sit down and want to turn on a console i gotta wait like a god damn hour  just to be able to use it.

and i wanna play a bit of gta online on the ps4 just to ride around in the snow and have a massive snowball fight and chit but even thats probably gonna take me over an hour just to get everything all updated again and ready to play too.

man i really need to leave these things in standby mode so itll just download all the updates when im sleeping or something

Edited by -idyb-

12 month XBL codes generally don’t expire.

If you just want to try the code, you can do it on the website. I think the URL is xbox.com/redeemcode. It’s that or just /redeem.

• Like 1

thanks yeah i thought there was an app or something but id have to boot to that filth they call windows 10.

but yeah i got it to work.  so im good to play on a system ill never play on for another year, but holy mother of all gods what the hell did they do to the dashboard and interface?  oh my f*cking god what a monstrocity. even trying to navigate the store and figure out how to enter my code is a ****ing chore.

the last time ive seen anything like this i had to flush twice.  this layout is terrible

Edited by -idyb-

after being tight lipped for so long, sony will finally be rolling out their promised firmware update to support dolby vision for my x930e and their other 2 high end models mid-late january.

http://4k.com/news/dolby-vision-update-finally-coming-to-sony-4k-hdr-tvs-22703/

i dunno what devices actually use that kind of hdr and i know right now theres only a limited amount of dolby vision content on 4k uhd blu ray,  but supposedly its supposed to be the next big thing or whatever and far superior to hdr10, hlg, and other static hdr formats

i dunno too much about that stuff but i guess thats kind of cool to have support for that kind of stuff if im ever able to make any practical use of it. i got hdr10 and to work from my pc but there only seems to be a select number of games or streaming services that make use of it, and that seems to be the standard hdr format most panels and alot more common on the market use so i wouldnt expect dolby vision to be commonly used in anything like video games any time soon, even though its technically far superior and may one day become the standard. who knows at this point?

Edited by -idyb-

Been playing Cod WW2, first CoD I've played in a while since the last few have been full of that jetpack ****. The only problem with it it's made by Sledgehammer.... which means it's full of problems. Glad they're back to WW2 though.

• Like 1

got hdr to work with resident evil 7.

at first i thought this whole hdr10 thing was probably just a gimmick but then i actually see it in a game and its actually pretty neat. more pc games need to start using it. not everybody sits on a chair in front of a desk and a small little monitor to play their pc games.   and now that hdr monitors are coming next year the devs will have no legit reason to not implement hdr into more of their pc games.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

RE7 is kinda creeping me out a bit already. dunno if i can handle this chit

god damn zombies jumping outta nowhere at the most random times and scaring the bejeezus outta me. i dont know if my heartrate can take much more of it

reminds me of resident evil zero on gamecube where id go through the same hallway a million times expecting something to jump out through the window or a door and it wouldnt happen, but the one time im off my guard and real low on ammo a licker pops outta that same damn window and tears my angus all up

yeah thats been happening to me alot and im not even very far into it. i like it but i hate it. almost jumped outta my seat once. i go to exit a door i just came from and get tackled by some zombie wielding a barbed wire shovel contraption thing i dont even know what but it killed me. i swear i already killed that thing like 10 minutes beforehand in a raging car fire

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 3

RE7 is kinda creeping me out a bit already. dunno if i can handle this chit

god damn zombies jumping outta nowhere at the most random times and scaring the bejeezus outta me. i dont know if my heartrate can take much more of it

reminds me of resident evil zero on gamecube where id go through the same hallway a million times expecting something to jump out through the window or a door and it wouldnt happen, but the one time im off my guard and real low on ammo a licker pops outta that same damn window and tears my angus all up

yeah thats been happening to me alot and im not even very far into it. i like it but i hate it. almost jumped outta my seat once. i go to exit a door i just came from and get tackled by some zombie wielding a barbed wire shovel contraption thing i dont even know what but it killed me. i swear i already killed that thing like 10 minutes beforehand in a raging car fire

Probably my GOTY for 2017 tbh

• Like 3

Probably my GOTY for 2017 tbh

ive almost jumped out of my couch half a dozen times already.  i think i had about enough of that for tonight

its not scary in a scary sense but i keeep getting caught by surprise.

Edited by -idyb-