Sign in to follow this  
12еr

12ers book club

Can any of you tards read anything longer than a forum post? If so, let us know what books you like. Some of my favorites are

514Gmvc6RxL.jpg

fight-club-book-cover.jpg

205265.jpg

sheriffoframadi5.jpg

51NcLwOpZFL.jpg

1317.jpg

CPbook.jpg

51AQZ-x-imL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

51SST4uytdL._SL500_AA300_PIaudible,BottomRight,13,73_AA300_.jpg

00257802-481227_500.jpg?k=83936b0a&pid=257802&s=catl&sn=hbouk

As you can see, I mostly read history/war/memoirs. However, there are some novels I like too. What do you guys like to read?

• Like 1

I read some pretty cool books in Skyrim and Oblivion.

Only you could take a book club thread and make it more nerdginny. Well done.

• Like 1

Choke is a good one.

I haven't read the one at the top but I read some of I hope they serve beer in hell because my now ex-wife had purchased it. The most ridiculous bunch of **** ever. Garbage.

Tucker Max is possibly the biggest d-bag to ever have a book published. Actually he's probably the biggest d-bag to ever walk this planet. He's so arrogant and he exaggerates the **** out of everything for shock value. Either that or he's just completely making the **** up. Honestly I hate him on a level that if I saw him in public I wouldn't hesitate to come out swinging and leave him spitting his teeth out the side of his mouth.

Forum members think guys like Jon Jones are arrogant. Tucker Max is the most arrogant fool of all times. He makes James Toney look humble and intelligent.

Haven't read a novel in a very long time. Between the original Jurassic Park movie and it's sequel I read both of those books, I was 8 or 9. I used to read a fair bit of stephen king, when I hit high school I had other things that interested me more.

If you like historical war novels then there's none better than Conn Iggulden.

He's done epic series' on Julius Caeser and Ghengis Kahn both are epic!

I've probably read somewhere between 300-500 books, mostly fiction.

My favorite author is Iain Banks (fiction), Iain M. Banks (science fiction),. My favorite Iain Banks book is The Steep Approach to Garbadale, while most of his science fiction books are goat, so no real favorite.

I love cheesy cop/detective novels, right now I'm finishing up yet another Harry Bosch novel from Michael Connelly, called The Black Box. My other favorite of this type is the Dave Robicheaux series from James Lee Burke.

The Game of Throne books are goat for fantasy IMO.

My all time favorite book:

<ahttp://www.robertmccammon.com/images/bl_20_pb.jpg/>

I've read it probably 100 times LoL

My favorite series is The Dark Tower series

I read a lot, mostly fiction. I really like Stephen King and Dean Koontz

My all time favorite book:

<ahttp://www.robertmccammon.com/images/bl_20_pb.jpg/>

I've read it probably 100 times LoL

My favorite series is The Dark Tower series

I read a lot, mostly fiction. I really like Stephen King and Dean Koontz

Nice, I'm going to check that book out, the description sounds interesting.

I forgot about the Dark Tower Series, I started it over 10 years ago, but never finished the last book. I remember being so psyched when there was talk of Javier Bardem playing Roland, but the last I heard is that the movie deal fell through. :(

Can i get a synopsis on "Choke" 12er? Looking for xmas ideas for some of my more nerdgin family members.

Choke is a good one.

I haven't read the one at the top but I read some of I hope they serve beer in hell because my now ex-wife had purchased it. The most ridiculous bunch of **** ever. Garbage.

Tucker Max is possibly the biggest d-bag to ever have a book published. Actually he's probably the biggest d-bag to ever walk this planet. He's so arrogant and he exaggerates the **** out of everything for shock value. Either that or he's just completely making the **** up. Honestly I hate him on a level that if I saw him in public I wouldn't hesitate to come out swinging and leave him spitting his teeth out the side of his mouth.

Forum members think guys like Jon Jones are arrogant. Tucker Max is the most arrogant fool of all times. He makes James Toney look humble and intelligent.

So did Tucker **** your GF or wife? That would be the only reason I would see that would make someone this butthurt over a book.

I've read all of Tucker's books and it's obvious that many of his stories are exaggerated but at the same time he has proof of quite a few of his most outrageous stories. Overall his books entertained me which is what they were written for so good for him.

My favorite author is Iain Banks (fiction), Iain M. Banks (science fiction),. My favorite Iain Banks book is The Steep Approach to Garbadale, while most of his science fiction books are goat, so no real favorite.

I love cheesy cop/detective novels, right now I'm finishing up yet another Harry Bosch novel from Michael Connelly, called The Black Box. My other favorite of this type is the Dave Robicheaux series from James Lee Burke.

I'm halfway through A Dance with Dragons but haven't had as much time to read lately. It is a very good series and hopefully the show does them justice.

Can i get a synopsis on "Choke" 12er? Looking for xmas ideas for some of my more nerdgin family members.

A quick synopsis is,

It's about a sex addict with mommy issues that figures out if he lets random strangers "save" his life, he can then manipulate them and get them to give him money.

It's a great book, written by the author that wrote Fight Club. Probably the most underrated writer of our generation.

Choke is a good one.

Tucker helped to get that book printed because he liked the writers style, but it is not anything like Tuckers book. The writer is nowhere close to being the narcissistic womanizer that tucker portrays himself as.

Happy is hour is for amateurs is a great book, that could have been written by an of us. It's about a normal guy, who appreciates his recreational drug use and alcohol that just happened to go to law school because he didn't know what else to do.

He wrote it under the pseudonym, probably so he doesn't black list himself from ever going back to working as lawyer. I used to read his blog but he stopped updating it over a year ago. Hasn't posted any tweets, nothing. He's either dead, or he was broke and had to get his old job back.

The last book I read cover to cover...

forrest-griffin-book1.jpg

have tried getting into a few others but can't ever seem to find the time and i can't start reading a book unless i have the time to read it in a day or two. Griffin's book was pretty good for lulz though. Maybe i'll give Schael's a shot.

The last book I read cover to cover...

forrest-griffin-book1.jpg

have tried getting into a few others but can't ever seem to find the time and i can't start reading a book unless i have the time to read it in a day or two. Griffin's book was pretty good for lulz though. Maybe i'll give Schael's a shot.

Got Fight was good and hilarious. The way he thinks is unique and funny to me.

His second book, I just couldn't get into.

i want to read Choke and Happy Hour is for Amateurs now.

I highly recommend them homie.

LOL where is that picture in your sig from @12er?

I googled anderson silva ktfo gif and came across it. It was shopped by someone on the UG i guess.

Nah I meant that ridiculous picture above the gif lol.

lol my cousin that is quite a fan of cannabis posted it to his facebook page. I originally just posted in the thread about nothing and tagged warwest, but then I decided to put it in my sig too.

Im currently doing a little light reading myself. Books called Probability and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists. **** FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea I just finished The Essential Cosmic Perspective. Managed to fail the final and still get an 81% in the class. I can live with that.

I've been reading a ton of Cormac McCarthy lately. I read The Road after watching the film and it kind of spiraled from there. I read No Country for Old Men, then Blood Meridian, then I read The Crossing and now I'm about halfway through All the Pretty Horses.

I'm halfway through A Dance with Dragons but haven't had as much time to read lately. It is a very good series and hopefully the show does them justice.

I think the show does the books great justice. I can't think of a better adaptation from a book at the moment.

I think the show does the books great justice. I can't think of a better adaptation from a book at the moment.

I've never read those or seen the show, but from my experience all movies that I have seen adapted from books usually end up being trash in comparison. It's nice to see someone that has experienced both and has a positive outlook on the outcome.

Currently reading Arnold's autobiography, which is pretty good (big arnie fan). Them I'm gonna read thinking fast and slow.

Then I'll hit up one of your choice, give me something to talk about. Which do you reckomend?

I've never read those or seen the show, but from my experience all movies that I have seen adapted from books usually end up being trash in comparison. It's nice to see someone that has experienced both and has a positive outlook on the outcome.

Have you seen Blade Runner and read the book? That one works very well IMO. I also like the Shining book and the movie, I don't understand why King hates the movie so much.

Currently reading Arnold's autobiography, which is pretty good (big arnie fan). Them I'm gonna read thinking fast and slow.

Then I'll hit up one of your choice, give me something to talk about. Which do you reckomend?

What do you like? I'm not familiar with fast and slow and arnolds biography doesn't give me good basis to make a recommendation.

I could google it, but I'm lazy.

Have you seen Blade Runner and read the book? That one works very well IMO. I also like the Shining book and the movie, I don't understand why King hates the movie so much.

Haven't seen blade runner or read the book. I've seen the shining but have not read the book. I wasn't a big fan of the movie either.

Fight club was a good movie, but doesn't hold a candle to the book. The ending was completely different as well.

The Dexter novels are better than the series was, with maybe the exception of season 4.

We were soldiers once and young is much better than the movie.

The great raid is a good movie, but I've read a couple books about that raid and they are all better.

Haven't seen blade runner or read the book. I've seen the shining but have not read the book. I wasn't a big fan of the movie either.

Fight club was a good movie, but doesn't hold a candle to the book. The ending was completely different as well.

The Dexter novels are better than the series was, with maybe the exception of season 4.

We were soldiers once and young is much better than the movie.

The great raid is a good movie, but I've read a couple books about that raid and they are all better.

Wow, Blade Runner and the book (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep), are both amazing IMO.

I never read Fight Club, I did read Choke though, great book!

No specific genre. As long as its good/make me think a little.

gatesoffire_book.jpg

I really liked this book. My battalion commander used to make all the new L.T's read it so they would hopefully absorb some lessons in leadership. I ended up reading it while I was in Iraq. I think you'll enjoy it.

what books do I have to read to join this prestigious club?

Fifty Shades of Grey

lmao I don't know if my reading skills are at that level yet

Fifty Shades of Grey

That's why I'm starting you off with something light.

Fifty Shades of Grey

Good, it'll probably make you 50 shades of gay.

gatesoffire_book.jpg

I really liked this book. My battalion commander used to make all the new L.T's read it so they would hopefully absorb some lessons in leadership. I ended up reading it while I was in Iraq. I think you'll enjoy it.

Just ordered via amazon, I'll check it out. PS4 is due Friday so it might take a while to read.

gatesoffire_book.jpg

Just ordered via amazon, I'll check it out. PS4 is due Friday so it might take a while to read.

I know how that goes, I've been enjoying my new xbox. Lately I've been trying to read in bed until I fall asleep, haven't done any leisurely reading since school started.