Sign in to follow this  
Doctor_Obviously

Anderson Silva's Broken Leg Overshadows the Unanswered/Awkward Entrance He Had at UFC 168

I just wanted to know if anyone had heard why Silva had an entrance like that. Just strange..

Silva is a strange guy in general and being the challenger for the first time in a while might have something to do with it.

I just wanted to know if anyone had heard why Silva had an entrance like that. Just strange..

Silva is a strange guy in general and being the challenger for the first time in a while might have something to do with it.

Perhaps. Just makes me wonder what was going through his mind.

He was trying to focus himself like he never does. He usually is calm and relaxed and that's a great part of his gameplan. Coming from a loss and under so much criticism, he had a hard time to concentrate.

Too bad your video cuts when it really gets weird: he walks away instead of going into the octagon lol he was clearly feeling awkward, to say the least.

Take that video out quickly Doc_Obv!

For what?

So you don't get banned.

Oh, ok.

wouldn't want ya going anywhere ;)

Thanks. Forgot you lived in Chicago. Wind chill sucks up here in Lake Geneva...-45

I can't deal in this below 0 weather. -_-

I think he really didn't want the fight and got pushed into it. He was rattled.

If he did not want to fight, he would not have signed a 10 fight deal:

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/24/4768306/dana-white-anderson-silva-10-fight-deal-floyd-mayweather-contract-mma

Also it was reported that HE wanted the rematch in 2013:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1699320-report-anderson-silva-wants-rematch-with-chris-weidman-in-2013

first time coming off a loss in more than half a decade. Taking a moment to focus and shake the stress and pressure?

There's nothing to it especially since he doesn't seem to be willing to retire.

Why wouldn't it? He broke his ****ing leg.

Who cares about his entrance. That was just his way of calming himself or getting in the right mindset. I don't see any problem with his entrance. It was the first time he took forever to walk out but it's not like he did something extreme and took his pants off and jumped into the crowd or something.

Sexyama would bow down and kiss the floor 30 other people just walked on. That's a little awkward.

Who cares about his entrance. That was just his way of calming himself or getting in the right mindset. I don't see any problem with his entrance. It was the first time he took forever to walk out but it's not like he did something extreme and took his pants off and jumped into the crowd or something.

Sexyama would bow down and kiss the floor 30 other people just walked on. That's a little awkward.

Wow. Hostile territory. All I made this thread for was to ask if anyone had heard what was going through Silva's mind when he kneeled down twice for a good amount of time.

Wow. Hostile territory. All I made this thread for was to ask if anyone had heard what was going through Silva's mind when he kneeled down twice for a good amount of time.

"I'm a huge fan of Anderson. He'll go down as having the most magnificent career ever in the UFC. What I noticed when he was coming out for the fight, he stopped in the hallway outside and meditated; kind of closed his eyes and focused himself for a few minutes. I think that was a definite sign of nerves. It was his first fight coming back after a big knockout; it's a big stage and the pressure is huge.

I was ringside right there, maybe three or four feet away from him, and two or three seats to the left of me was Vitor Belfort. It seemed to me that he kind of headed in that direction, to go and shout at Vitor. He spotted him and was headed over, but security got hold of him and steered him into the cage. I was wondering why he was concerned with Vitor when he's got Chris Weidman right in front of him. It just seemed like mentally, he'd succumbed to the pressure a little bit, and I kind of thought this doesn't bode well for him, especially with it being such a high profile fight against the guy that had just knocked him out earlier this year." -Bisping.

Okay, I'll admit I read the thread title and then wrote my response without reading the OP. My bad. It sounded like that was your stand point on the subject with a thread title like that lol.

But still my response stands and is a response to anyone who thinks his entrance incident overshadows his leg being broken and sequentially his career ending.

Silva was playing mind games, as usual. He took as long as he could to get in there knowing it would force Weidman to wait longer before he could come out. He was probably hoping it would make him come out flat or nervous, but obviously it didn't work. He took it upon himself to come out to a champion's entrance, even though he was the challenger. Perhaps he was intending to retire after the fight and he was trying to take it all in one last time, but being that he's talking like he's ready to get back in there I'm pretty sure you can rule that out.

Doc gets too much hate.

Welcome back.

We need to create a Doc Defence Force

Silva has enjoyed his aura of invulnerability for so long and with it being gone he felt unsure. He has been able to go into a fight with the advantage being on his side. Usually he has won before stepping into the cage. All that was gone. He is a bully and bullies wilt when they are confronted.

I think he really didn't want the fight and got pushed into it. He was rattled.

If he did not want to fight, he would not have signed a 10 fight deal:

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/24/4768306/dana-white-anderson-silva-10-fight-deal-floyd-mayweather-contract-mma

Also it was reported that HE wanted the rematch in 2013:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1699320-report-anderson-silva-wants-rematch-with-chris-weidman-in-2013

LOL

did you see the interviews of Silva saying he's back and so on??? I'm sorry but that was a guy who was reading a script, not tellin it like it is.

He signed a 10 fight deal because it's what most athletes do at the high point of their careers. Sign the big deal, guarantee the big money, and then figure out the rest later.

He wouldn't have made the post fight speech he did after the first fight if he really wanted it too.

LOL

did you see the interviews of Silva saying he's back and so on??? I'm sorry but that was a guy who was reading a script, not tellin it like it is.

He signed a 10 fight deal because it's what most athletes do at the high point of their careers. Sign the big deal, guarantee the big money, and then figure out the rest later.

He wouldn't have made the post fight speech he did after the first fight if he really wanted it too.

Anything Silva says in English sounds like he's reading a script.

First you say, "I think he really didn't want the fight"

then you say, "He signed a 10 fight deal because it's what most athletes do at the high point of their careers. Sign the big deal, guarantee the big money, and then figure out the rest later."

Trolling so hard or reading is too hard.

Obvious Alt account is obvious.

Anything Silva says in English sounds like he's reading a script.

First you say, "I think he really didn't want the fight"

then you say, "He signed a 10 fight deal because it's what most athletes do at the high point of their careers. Sign the big deal, guarantee the big money, and then figure out the rest later."

Trolling so hard or reading is too hard.

Obvious Alt account is obvious.

I've heard Silva speak English many times and it not sound so scripted.

You must not really understand the business of sports if you don't understand what I'm saying either, but I'll try to explain.

Silva signed a 10 fight deal with the opponents TBD. Now that the money is there what does Silva care? He's getting his either way so whats the difference to him? None. He should have just said he wanted to take a break, screw the Weidman rematch, and came back when he was into it and ready.

Just because he signed a 10 fight deal doesn't mean he wanted to fight Weidman. Silva's a great fighter, there is no need to be all mad and hostile.

Also do you really think Silva plans, or ever planned to fulfill his 10 fight contract at his age?

OP doesn't hespect notching. I tell you no watching de UoooFC for long time. Iss normal to give de great hespect for de shampion before fight and to help de mental stay focused. Iss part of de sportch my fren. I no like when fans talk, talk talk. Dey talking too much and no train martial warts. De martial warts change my life iss why i working so hard for de UoooFC for de kids and my family.

OP doesn't hespect notching. I tell you no watching de UoooFC for long time. Iss normal to give de great hespect for de shampion before fight and to help de mental stay focused. Iss part of de sportch my fren. I no like when fans talk, talk talk. Dey talking too much and no train martial warts. De martial warts change my life iss why i working so hard for de UoooFC for de kids and my family.

LOL

I love it! Just had my girl read it out loud and she sounded all sketchy Brazilian!