Sign in to follow this  
Doctor_Obviously

Aldo vs Lamas Should Main Event UFC 169, Not Barao vs Faber

There you go!

I said this earlier. If I knew how to make a poll I would have done the same.

On the forum page, click the tab on New Discussion and there's a New Poll option.

Holy crap! Someone being nice and helpful on here? This is new to me, I'm not sure what to make of it.

Thanks Doc! I didn't know you were gone but welcome back and props on the getting drunk. Just say no to crack cocaine though. LOL

Barão was the main event and he's still fighting. Why would he suffer the consequences of Cruz' inability to fight again?

Not to mention Barão/Faber is a way better fight than Aldo/Lamas

Barão was the main event and he's still fighting. Why would he suffer the consequences of Cruz' inability to fight again?

That's questionable. I think both fights will be great.

It really should be Aldo vs Lamas now.

Like I said, I get the champ vs champ headline too, but it is typically the heavier weight that headlines and with that gone I think the headline should change too.

That and Aldo is a way more legit champ than Barao. Barao is a beast don't get me wrong, but Aldo is the reason why a guy like Faber dropped down to 135!

That's questionable. I think both fights will be great.

Well, at least odds-wise I'm pretty sure Barão/Faber will be way closer.

It should be Aldo Lamas because of the heavier weight. That's the way its always been.

only reason it was Cruz Barao is because it was interim vs champion.

They'll prob change it.

This^^ Dana said heavier weightclasses over the lighter + women. UFC.tv still have it listed as Barao vs. Cruz, they will change it soon

It should be Aldo Lamas because of the heavier weight. That's the way its always been.

only reason it was Cruz Barao is because it was interim vs champion.

They'll prob change it.

This^^ Dana said heavier weightclasses over the lighter + women. UFC.tv still have it listed as Barao vs. Cruz, they will change it soon

I don't know if they will change it. With the way the UFC works these days, I doubt they will. Even though I 100% think they should.

I think Faber will get beat worse than last time. I don't expect it to be very competitive. While I don't think Lamas will win, I think he'll be more of a challenge for Aldo than Faber will for Barao. Also, Aldo is a bigger draw than Barao. Without the champion vs champion gimmick it just doesn't make as much sense for that fight to headline this card.

Nobody knows who Lamas is

So it makes sense that Faber vs Barao is main event

You think people actually know who Barao is?

I think more people would know him than Lamas

I know the number is still very small, I would think the number that know Faber is not as large as people think either

I disagree. I don't think weight should have anything to do with it.

Baroa/Faber is a more interesting/competitive fight. I like lamas and will be rooting for him but does anyone really believe he's going to beat Aldo?

Seeing as it's no longer a Unification bout I think it should go back to the higher weightclass main eventing just because that's how they've always done it. Although Faber vs Barao 2 is a better fight to market. Jose Aldo isn't really a killer like he was in WEC and Lamas isn't very well known. Barao is a beast and Faber is a big draw.

But.. it doesn't matter at all which order they are in. Both fights will be there and both will be 5 rounds.and for the title. Not too worried.

I think all women fights should be the first fight on the prelims. Even title fights.

Women shouldn't be the main event unless they're naked. Or Gina Carano. Or Gina Carano naked. Do want.

does it really matter? They're both gonna get pretty much the same amount of media anyway. I think it would be smarter long term for Barao to be the main event man this time because he has the lowest drawing power of all the champs atm, so they need to put his name out there to the casual fan by giving him the headline. It may lower the PPV buys for this event because as of right now, Aldo's name sells a lot better than Barao but in the future, it'll pay off, because it doesn't look like Barao is going anywhere anytime soon

Dana has already stated Barao/Cruz was the headliner due to the Champion vs Champion label.

With Cruz out, I think they're just too close to the card to even think about changing it now.

I've seen fights change order right before PPVs before. Can't tell you off hand, but I know it's happened....

Dana has already stated Barao/Cruz was the headliner due to the Champion vs Champion label.

With Cruz out, I think they're just too close to the card to even think about changing it now.

I've seen fights change order right before PPVs before. Can't tell you off hand, but I know it's happened....

Interesting.

Maybe they view Faber as a bigger draw than Lamas/Aldo.

Interesting.

Maybe they view Faber as a bigger draw than Lamas/Aldo.

That and they probably don't feel the need to change it at this point. Oh well.