Sign in to follow this  
Hairy_Balzonya

What if Rhonda Gets Prego?

What if Rhonda or any other female champion for that matter, were to get pregnant?

Would we just put the division on hold or would we expect them to vacate the belt? With a typical pregnancy lasting 9 months, time to care for the new child, and time to get back into fighting shape, we'd be looking at like 18 months at least. Is that a fair amount of time to put things on hold?

I saw the other post on here about Rhoda's and Fedor's babies and it got me thinking.

Personally I think vacate with an immediate title shot upon return sounds about right too. That's a long time to hold up a division.

Dominick Cruz was pregnant for 2 years and was still the champ.

what about GSP during his lay off. Couldn't be preggo. He always practices safe sex.

I highly doubt that would happen (Ronda will probably start a family after she retires from MMA), but if it did I'm assuming they'd crown an interim champion at the very least. The Cruz situation was just ridiculous.

Think of the timeline... she gets pregnant between camps, so let's say she's two months away from her last fight. The nine months of pregnancy (we're already up to 11 months total here), plus the recovery time, family time, and time needed to get back into fighting shape & go through camp... a pregnancy could easily result in a two year break from fighting.

LOL

Well I started this as a serious thought but this thread has turned pretty funny.

Yes Cruz was pregnant. Then he gave birth, and got pregnant again. He's been gone way too long and should have been done awhile ago.

And yeah this is hypothetical. I personally don't see Rhonda getting much dank, Dana is a good point though. Only UFC fighter to be given a belt without having to fight for it? Sounds to me like Rhonda might have sold her girly parts for a title belt. Kinda like making a deal with the devil.

And cue a picture of Dana photoshopped to be red with horns, lookin like the devil. Common someone deliver please! lol

well.. kinda sorry to say that and that's probably not the way it would be handled but a pregnancy pretty much is a voluntary condition and if she choses to do it, being fully aware that this means she can't train for almost a year, that means she's basically saying that she needs a break and she would have to vacate her title.

Dana will be so crazy mad at the guy who knocks Ronda up for taking his golden goose away. Ouch.

Dana would do the instant twitter diss. Call TMZ and claim he's shocked to hear such an outright lie.