Sign in to follow this  
Doctor_Obviously

Can Anyone Tell Me Why Ronda is Defending her Title Less Than 2 Months after her Last Defense?

Yeah, she said at the post fight press conference she wants to start fighting more often. She claimed "that fighting often is the best way for her to stay motivated"

My guess is she probably wants time off for a movie later this year and dana wanted to get in another defense from her before she did.

Wild stab in the dark.

Although I'm just speculating, since Ronda IS essentially woman's MMA, it is important for her to fight frequently to keep woman's MMA relevant and continue cashing in on the rising momentum that it currently has.

She lamented her last layoff, which was almost a year long. She also used her ubiquitous "when I was in Judo..." line and said she was used to competing a five times a day back then (or some such). I think they want her (if she wins, obviously) to defend her belt against Zingano in July.

• Like 1

I think she walks away from fighting after 2 to 3 more years undefeated.

I can see that happening. She turns 27 on the first of next month and I could see her retiring from MMA at age 30. She's been competing for a long time and if she continues to be at the top of the MMA world for another few years, she'd definitely be primed to move on.

I can see that happening. She turns 27 on the first of next month and I could see her retiring from MMA at age 30. She's been competing for a long time and if she continues to be at the top of the MMA world for another few years, she'd definitely be primed to move on.

If she goes undefeated over the next two years she has nothing to prove. 3 years max and she's out. Her grappling prowess is just too much for these other girls and Cyborg is roided and outside the promotion. They will only have 2 WMMA classes IMO and it the right thing to do. 115 and 135 is all you need. There are no legit women fighters at 145. Everyone the juiced can fights is someone moving up in weight.

I'm guessing the conversation went something like this.

Dana-White-UFC-160.jpg

Dana: Hey Ronda the Olympics are coming up and I found a way to cash in. Giving an undeserved titleshot to a silver medalist against a bronze medalist.

ronda-rousey-crying.jpg

Ronda: Please Dana I need some time off betwe........

dana-white-money.jpg

ronda-rousey-10.jpg

Ronda: okay

This is how it should be. Champs fighting every couple months is great. Hell, any exciting fighter fighting more often is a really good thing. They train for such a long time that injuries become an issue. Not just that, but you take on a lot of damage while training. Less training more fighting imo.

Reason she likely wants to have a lot of fights: She gets paid a lot of money.

Reason UFC likely want her to have a lot of fights: They make a lot of money.

Perhaps Vince McMahon of the WWE can explain this phenomenon the best;

Also it may do with the fact women don't take as much damage in fights as guys do (unless ur Meshia Tate fighting Cat Zingano) so maybe they feel like they can fight more often

Who knows...but I like the idea of women fighters being more active...also the roster is not as big so I'm sure it easy to get fights more often for women

If Dana keeps protecting her from Cat Zingano then I think ur right

When will you clowns wake up and realize Zingano gets ragdolled?

A purple belt in BJJ against Ronda... lol you guys are hysterical. The last place she wants to be is in the clinch with Honda. It's not a fight it's a 1st round submission win for the champion.

A purple belt in BJJ against Ronda... lol you guys are hysterical. The last place she wants to be is in the clinch with Honda. It's not a fight it's a 1st round submission win for the champion.

Cat is coming for that strap homie

Her clinch game is too stroke and to fast for Ronda...Ronda would be eating knees be4 she could get a throw off

Her clinch game is too stroke and to fast for Ronda...Ronda would be eating knees be4 she could get a throw off

Looks like you had a stroke whilst typing that...

Most of us knew going in that Miesha was not going to be a challenge and that Rhonda could come right back and fight.During the presser,she said she could fight again right then and there,she is a weight class higher than msot of these women,so no challenge awaits.

Most of us knew going in that Miesha was not going to be a challenge and that Rhonda could come right back and fight.During the presser,she said she could fight again right then and there,she is a weight class higher than msot of these women,so no challenge awaits.

Tate not a challenge?

She was the 1st fighter to take sour grapes passed 1st rd. And rocked her twice.

I was happy that I got to see a glimpse of sour grapes KTFO face. Believe me, when she does, her eyes will be open (ala A.Silva). . .

It's not even a competitive fight. Cat was getting taken down and controlled by Meisha. Honda will destroy her. McMann would destroy Zingano as well.