Sign in to follow this  
mistercolin

"Fight Pass" Event Lock out Issues

I recently signed up for Fight Pass, but so many of the fights I click on, come up with the message below, or similar.

What's the point of Fight Pass if you can't access particular fights, in particular, the UFC Fight Night events.

Really want to watch the Hunt v Bigfoot UFC Fight Night event, that I attended in person back in December 2013.

Is this possible on Fight Pass?

Living in Australia, is Fight Pass always going to lock out the ability for me to view UFC Fight Night events, as that is how it appears, at this point in time?

Will the Gustafsson v Manuwa event be available to Fight Pass viewers in Australia this coming weekend, or on the day, will I be receiving the message below once again? I hope not.

It doesn't make sense.

81d91df4dbb40a817cf24066774cf1.png

The China card was shown on FUEL here in Australia so I'm guessing this card might be too, which means Fight Pass is kinda pointless unless you want to watch old events

I know in the US, there's a 30 day blackout on televised events, and in Canada, there's no blackout (we can watch TV events the next morning). Not sure what the blackout policy is in Australia.

If you don't have Fight Pass, you're not a fight fan. Plain and simple.

So out of every single person on this planet, only 100 or so are fight fans?

Which by this logic means those 100 or so people are also easily tricked idiots.

I'm not exactly happy about the situation, but the fact is, like it or not, if the only way to see "Ultimate Fighter" or particular "Fight Night" events that are EXCLUSIVE TO "FIGHT PASS", I've got to be on "Fight Pass". My issue is, if the UFC Corporation then block events from being available to a large number of countries, that's not right. It's either you're a "Fight Pass" subscriber, you've paid your subscription, and you get the events, or your not a subscriber and you don't. I will be cancelling my subscription if I can't access the fights that others who subscribe to "Fight Pass" can, simply because that person just happens to reside in the "appropriate"country that's been deemed worthy to receive that event.

It's not fair, and in my mind, probably not a great way to promote this "new" mode of distribution whilst still very much in it's infancy, trying to attract loyal UFC/MMA fans to becoming "Fight Pass" members.

Fight pass is the real reason we are about to go to war with Russia. They blackmailed Dana into implementing this communist bullshiit and now we've had enough.

Good thing I've been training to fight the Russians and Chinese on bf4.

I'm not exactly happy about the situation, but the fact is, like it or not, if the only way to see "Ultimate Fighter" or particular "Fight Night" events that are EXCLUSIVE TO "FIGHT PASS", I've got to be on "Fight Pass". My issue is, if the UFC Corporation then block events from being available to a large number of countries, that's not right. It's either you're a "Fight Pass" subscriber, you've paid your subscription, and you get the events, or your not a subscriber and you don't. I will be cancelling my subscription if I can't access the fights that others who subscribe to "Fight Pass" can, simply because that person just happens to reside in the "appropriate"country that's been deemed worthy to receive that event.

It's not fair, and in my mind, probably not a great way to promote this "new" mode of distribution whilst still very much in it's infancy, trying to attract loyal UFC/MMA fans to becoming "Fight Pass" members.

Seriously, that does suck.

Move out of your cave in Afghanistan.

Fightpass is a scam anyway.

If most of the fight pass subscribers get rid of it then the UFC will be forced to air those cards on free tv or find a new way to bring them to the viewing audience. I know that I didn't miss anything that would bother me on that China card and although it sucks that I don't get to see the Gus fight I can live with that too if it means getting rid of having to pay for crappy, watered down cards. Bowing down and buying everything the UFC pushes will just cause more problems and make them think that they can charge for more stuff in the future.

If most of the fight pass subscribers get rid of it then the UFC will be forced to air those cards on free tv or find a new way to bring them to the viewing audience. I know that I didn't miss anything that would bother me on that China card and although it sucks that I don't get to see the Gus fight I can live with that too if it means getting rid of having to pay for crappy, watered down cards. Bowing down and buying everything the UFC pushes will just cause more problems and make them think that they can charge for more stuff in the future.

Great Post Homie

I will NEVER get fight pass

Straight up

What if the UFC is willing to send Brittany Palmer to your house to "take care of you?"

Nope

I like dudes

I'm about to go full idrankyourbeer mode on fight pass.

Expect paragraphs as to why it sucks in the near future.

I will NEVER get fight pass

Straight up

What if the UFC is willing to send Brittany Palmer to your house to "take care of you?"

Nope

I like dudes

Well that escalated quickly.

I actually paid for it and i think it's pretty sweet

I missed hella cards last year which I've been watching also plus Strikeforce and EliteXC has some pretty good fights that i didn't originally watch

What i pay to watch all the UFC events plus FightPass isn't near what you guys pay for PPVs

I get BT Sport free so I I'm only paying for FightPass

^ It's still a ripoff for what you're getting, bro.

Not as bad for you as the people who pay 50 for PPV's, but still a ripoff.

We don't get as much UFC coverage over here as you guys get

Though i wouldn't pay if i was already paying $50 for events

True. It's a bad move on their part. Because of Fight Pass, I've started to watch way more Bellator events.

Zuffa is losing their stranglehold on me.

I actually paid for it and i think it's pretty sweet

I missed hella cards last year which I've been watching also plus Strikeforce and EliteXC has some pretty good fights that i didn't originally watch

What i pay to watch all the UFC events plus FightPass isn't near what you guys pay for PPVs

I get BT Sport free so I I'm only paying for FightPass

Yeah I could see it being nice for that. For us to get every pay per view and fight pass it would be around $800-$900.

I got the same problems and think that Fight Pass is ridiculous!!! And on top of that they even try to make it almost impossible to cancel by only showing a white fcking box in the 'cancel section'......what a scam!! I've just written them a mail to cancel this stupid service, I have never heard of anything this ridiculous! Like you said, you either subscribe and get full access.....or you don't!!

**** Fight Pass!!!!

True. It's a bad move on their part. Because of Fight Pass, I've started to watch way more Bellator events.

Zuffa is losing their stranglehold on me.

bellator =))

only poor people watch that white trash wanna be mma ****