21 replies to this topic

#1 Ares11

Ares11

Sentinel

• Free
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

http://www.deadline....w-on-get-on-up/

I saw it on Friday and it was phenomenal. Definitely go check it out if you're a movie fan. 

• Eclipse76, _MMA_FTW_, WarWest and 5 others like this

beaa3212-481f-4d25-a00e-9568e1c73f7b_zps

#2 TheHNIC

TheHNIC

Head ***** In Charge

• Free
  • 2,935 posts
  • LocationNiger, Africa

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:54 AM

i ain't paying to see this ****

• StompGrind, WarWest, carnages41 and 5 others like this
This^.

#3 carnages41

carnages41
  • Free
  • 40,926 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

I saw it, it was pretty good

• Eclipse76, WarWest, TigerChamp and 4 others like this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

#4 WarWest

WarWest

GOAT

• Free
  • 36,825 posts
  • LocationEast Los

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

LoL Carn goes to the movies with himself
  • juice64011, StompGrind, Eclipse76 and 9 others like this
The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
The Stockton Hater
209's So Fine

#5 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,293 posts
  • LocationThe mean streets of Cajun country

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

I'm pretty sick of the nerdgin marvel movies. 

• WarWest, MGun and TheHNIC like this

#6 PRIDEneverDIED

PRIDEneverDIED
  • Moderators
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

I was not even remotely interested in seeing this but its getting off the chart reviews. For those who have seen it is iy worth a go for someone that has little to no knowledge of the story n characters

#7 carnages41

carnages41
  • Free
  • 40,926 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

I was not even remotely interested in seeing this but its getting off the chart reviews. For those who have seen it is iy worth a go for someone that has little to no knowledge of the story n characters

I didn't know anything about them, it was still good

• Eclipse76, WarWest, TUF and 1 other like this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#8 WarWest

WarWest

GOAT

• Free
  • 36,825 posts
  • LocationEast Los

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

Yes

It's better than the Avengers in my opinion
  • Eclipse76, carnages41, MGun and 2 others like this
Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
The Stockton Hater
209's So Fine

#9 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,293 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

LoL Carn goes to the movies with himself

I can't even remember the last time i went to the movies but if i did go i'd go alone. If you had to pay for a date let alone your whole family's tickets and drinks/refreshments you could probably buy a small country with those prices. I'm not exactly a cheapskate but it isn't worth it either. 

It's probably a worse rip off than fight pass. 

• Eclipse76, WarWest and TheHNIC like this

#10 carnages41

carnages41
  • Free
  • 40,926 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

Yes

It's better than the Avengers in my opinion

lol nerdgin, you went alone

• Eclipse76, WarWest, MGun and 1 other like this

#11 WarWest

WarWest

GOAT

• Free
  • 36,825 posts
  • LocationEast Los

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

lol nerdgin, you went alone

Shhhhh knee grow

I'm trying to convince Camaro79 that I have a girlfriend
  • juice64011, StompGrind, Eclipse76 and 6 others like this
Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
The Stockton Hater
209's So Fine

#12 Ares11

Ares11

Sentinel

• Free
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

Yes, even if you don't know the story or characters it's still a ton of fun and a great sci-fi film. I'm a pretty big marvel fan but even to big fans GOTG is a relatively niche property unlike x-men and stuff, and they pulled it off really well. It's just a really fun film to go see. It'll have you smiling the entire time
  • _MMA_FTW_, TUF and Ares11 like this

#13 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,293 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

Shhhhh knee grow

I'm trying to convince Camaro79 that I have a girlfriend

lmao! 

• WarWest likes this

#14 _MMA_FTW_

_MMA_FTW_

5 Star General

• Free
  • 8,030 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

The first time I saw the trailer for this movie, I thought it would be disappointing.  Went into this movie knowing it'll be for more comedic stuff then anything, but the storyline and characters were interesting.  

Getting to see Thanos and hearing him speak was awesome and witnessing one of the infinity gems was great.  I think all the Guardians of the Galaxy members had their interesting moments and the villain (Ronan) was well done, too.

• Hellequin and TUF like this

#15 Ares11

Ares11

Sentinel

• Free
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

The first time I saw the trailer for this movie, I thought it would be disappointing.  Went into this movie knowing it'll be for more comedic stuff then anything, but the storyline and characters were interesting.  

Getting to see Thanos and hearing him speak was awesome and witnessing one of the infinity gems was great.  I think all the Guardians of the Galaxy members had their interesting moments and the villain (Ronan) was well done, too.

You bring up something that has been running through my mind ever since I saw the film Thursday evening: The Infinity Gems(or Stones as they're called in the MCU)

So we know there are six stones: Soul, Time, Space, Mind, Reality, and Power. The Power Stone is what we saw in Guardians. The Tesseract which was a big part of the first Thor film and Avengers serves as a holster for the Space Stone, much like that orb did for the Power Stone. The Aether, which was seen in Thor: The Dark World, serves as the Reality stone. So that's three stones we know of for sure. Based on how it acts and popular belief, I think it's safe to assume that Loki's staff from the Avengers contains the Mind stone. 

That leaves only two stones left to complete the Infinity Gauntlet: Time and Soul. Any thoughts on how these will be introduced and how Thanos acquires all of these stones? 

The Collector had the Aether in his base, which was blown up when the Guardians brought him the Power stone. So who knows where that is. Power stone is in the hands of the Nova Corps. The Tesseract is on Asgard, the staff is with SHIELD which had been destroyed by the end of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. So I'm really intrigued to see how Thanos acquires all of them in Phase 3 considering he has none of them so far. 

I have a theory that the last two stones will somehow be tied to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. The two stones fit with their powers, maybe Quicksilver slows down time to seem fast and Scarlet Witch uses the Reality stone to use her powers. Any ideas?

Edited by Ares11, 03 August 2014 - 04:51 PM.

• _MMA_FTW_ and Ares11 like this

#16 _MMA_FTW_

_MMA_FTW_

5 Star General

• Free
  • 8,030 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

http://en.wikipedia....i/Infinity_Gems

That's where I got information from about Infinity Gems/Stones.  

I thought the one in Thor 2 was the infinity stone of power, while the infinity stone from Captain America and Avengers 1 was the infinity stone of mind.  The infinity stone I thought that was in the Guardians of the Galaxy was for space.  That's if the color scheme of the movies followed with what is listed from that site.  That site seems to follow with the other color scheme of the infinity gems/stones in other websites.

Reality (Yellow), Soul (Green) and Time (Orange) are the only infinity gems/stones remaining.

I have no idea how they will introduce the other infinity stones, but I'm excited to see it all pan out.  I've been interested in the Kree as villains and am excited to see how they introduce Ultron.  I already knew about them from Avengers:  Earth's mightiest heroes from Netflix.  It's a cartoon for 2 series, but well done.

• Ares11 likes this

#17 TheHNIC

TheHNIC

Head ***** In Charge

• Free
  • 2,935 posts
  • LocationNiger, Africa

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:17 PM

It's probably a worse rip off than fight pass. 

it's like Disneyland, Mickey breaks it off in yo **** eurytime

• WarWest likes this
This^.

#18 Ares11

Ares11

Sentinel

• Free
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

http://en.wikipedia....i/Infinity_Gems

That's where I got information from about Infinity Gems/Stones.  

I thought the one in Thor 2 was the infinity stone of power, while the infinity stone from Captain America and Avengers 1 was the infinity stone of mind.  The infinity stone I thought that was in the Guardians of the Galaxy was for space.  That's if the color scheme of the movies followed with what is listed from that site.  That site seems to follow with the other color scheme of the infinity gems/stones in other websites.

Reality (Yellow), Soul (Green) and Time (Orange) are the only infinity gems/stones remaining.

I have no idea how they will introduce the other infinity stones, but I'm excited to see it all pan out.  I've been interested in the Kree as villains and am excited to see how they introduce Ultron.  I already knew about them from Avengers:  Earth's mightiest heroes from Netflix.  It's a cartoon for 2 series, but well done.

I'm pretty sure that they've changed the colors of each stone because in the comics the Power Gem is red, but the stone is purple in Guardians. Kevin Feige, the guy who runs the MCU, confirmed that the stone in Guardians is the Power Stone, but we don't really know much about the other stones. Regardless, I'm also super excited to see how they incorporate the rest of the Stones into the universe

• Ares11 likes this

#19 Jbrahams

Jbrahams
  • Ultimate
  • 12,458 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

What was Batista like in the movie? A lot of wrestlers can be pretty terrible in movies, but maybe he'll be one of the better ones

UFC Community account: _Josh_

#20 carnages41

carnages41
  • Free
  • 40,926 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:30 PM

What was Batista like in the movie? A lot of wrestlers can be pretty terrible in movies, but maybe he'll be one of the better ones

Batista was much better than expected, he was like a regular actor 

• _MMA_FTW_ and Hellequin like this

#21 Ares11

Ares11

Sentinel

• Free
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:44 PM

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by Batista. He was really funny and he fits Drax the Destroyer well. 

• _MMA_FTW_ and Hellequin like this

#22 AllRoundMMA

AllRoundMMA
  • Free
  • 344 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:44 PM

You bring up something that has been running through my mind ever since I saw the film Thursday evening: The Infinity Gems(or Stones as they're called in the MCU)

So we know there are six stones: Soul, Time, Space, Mind, Reality, and Power. The Power Stone is what we saw in Guardians. The Tesseract which was a big part of the first Thor film and Avengers serves as a holster for the Space Stone, much like that orb did for the Power Stone. The Aether, which was seen in Thor: The Dark World, serves as the Reality stone. So that's three stones we know of for sure. Based on how it acts and popular belief, I think it's safe to assume that Loki's staff from the Avengers contains the Mind stone. 

That leaves only two stones left to complete the Infinity Gauntlet: Time and Soul. Any thoughts on how these will be introduced and how Thanos acquires all of these stones? 

The Collector had the Aether in his base, which was blown up when the Guardians brought him the Power stone. So who knows where that is. Power stone is in the hands of the Nova Corps. The Tesseract is on Asgard, the staff is with SHIELD which had been destroyed by the end of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. So I'm really intrigued to see how Thanos acquires all of them in Phase 3 considering he has none of them so far. 

I have a theory that the last two stones will somehow be tied to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. The two stones fit with their powers, maybe Quicksilver slows down time to seem fast and Scarlet Witch uses the Reality stone to use her powers. Any ideas?

I believe the white haired character played by Benicio Del Toro collects the stones and delivers them to Thanos. What i have understood from all the articles about the marvel films that are owned by Marvel studios, Thanos is the ultimate main villain that in the end ties all these different movies together. Would be pretty cool to see Guardians, Avengers and all the upcoming heroes that'll get their own movies to team up in one final movie and ultimately take a beating like Mur vs Bork Laser at ufc 100.

• _MMA_FTW_ likes this
Rutten tutten