• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OfWolfandMan

OfWolfandMan
  • Free
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationThe Cuban Can Cheated His Way To Victory Because He Gassed

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:48 AM

I'm not a fighter, though I am trained to defend myself and subdue an adversary. I hate getting hit in the face - or even hitting someone else in the face - but I have no problems with kicks, slams/throws, subs.

I wouldnt say I am skilled enough to compete (mostly due to lack of inner aggression), but after facing off against some pretty tough dudes in my time for training purposes, I wonder if in order to compete in MMA - all the way to UFC - requires a special kind of person, or if its more a skill level that is learned &  achieved?

For sake of comparison: lots of guys can throw a football, hit a baseball, or sprint & catch - but few can do it on the level as the pros. Is mma effectively the same thing?

ronda-rousey-eyes-135-division-1_origina

#2 Spartacus__

Spartacus__

Anderson Is Still The GOAT

• Free
  • 8,499 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:54 AM

You don't need to like hitting someone in the face. The WW GOAT doesn't even like fighting

And it's a lot easier to succeed in MMA because there's much less competition than most sports.

• -richard likes this

#3 Bobmyster

Bobmyster
  • Free
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

Quite frankly you have to have a Screw loose to get into the octagon for a living. Getting beat up, broken bones/nose, cut up, then having to conflict the same to someone else! I know it's a sport but come on, you need to be a lunatic to get in that cage! I love watching it, I see the technical side of the sport, and to answer your question I think you have to brought up in some kind of full contact sport to survive in the octagon.
*Michael Bisping Defence Force Co-Founder*

"Us British men are like young girls when in the presence of an Australian. They're simply bigger, stronger, better men than us."

#4 -richard

-richard
  • Free
  • 5,941 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

Is this thread for real?   

y5nBXv.jpg

#5 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:19 AM

?????

#6 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,359 posts
  • LocationThe mean streets of Cajun country

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

Is this thread for real?   

No it's all an illusion. 

• Colecaine likes this

#7 Furiousmat

Furiousmat
  • Free
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:54 PM

most likely at this point in time getting to the top in MMA requires to be predisposed to some point but getting in the UFC alone can probably be achieved through hard work alone.. The level of competition in MMA isn't that high yet compared to other professional sports.