Sign in to follow this  
Bubba_Sparks

Not Freddie van Halen's Thread about cricket and other GOAT commonwealth sports. Congratulations England on winning the cricket world cup. Next up: Rugby 6 nations

31 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

The ODI rankings NEVER lie

https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings/mens/team-rankings/odi

Actually i was feeling confident before i woke up to headlines from Stokes and Plunkett bigging themselves up.  Pride cometh before a fall and all that...

I heard we're resting Smith so he's fresh for the final 😉

• Like 1

Blimey, look at NZ go!!

India were 5-3 off 3 overs at one point.

NZ hot favourites now....but until Dhoni comes in and gets out the game is still alive.  Run Rate still manageable even though they're going at less than 3 so far.  Karthik managed 6 from 25 balls....

40 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

I heard we're resting Smith so he's fresh for the final 😉

More like he's popped down to the local Wickes store to stock up on sandpaper 😁

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, crangs said:

what a time to be alive, m8s

Great game. Pendulum swung in many directions; thought at one point that Dhoni was going to roll back the years. Best team won though, hopefully see you in the final. 

58 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Great game. Pendulum swung in many directions; thought at one point that Dhoni was going to roll back the years. Best team won though, hopefully see you in the final. 

oh piss off madarchod. India was robbed.  You know it. i know it. crangs knows it. oz knows it. the whole cricket world knows it.

Edited by -idyb-

28 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

oh piss off madarchod. India was robbed.  You know it. i know it. crangs knows it. oz knows it. the whole cricket world knows it.

Damn, getting blacked after jumping ship must be the ultimate humiliation.  Makes Pakistans exit more deserved though.  We're 2-0 against India the last month or so.  Would've definitely pounded them that rained off game

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, crangs said:

Damn, getting blacked after jumping ship must be the ultimate humiliation.  Makes Pakistans exit more deserved though.  We're 2-0 against India the last month or so.  Would've definitely pounded them that rained off game

Idyb is a new Zealand fan since their jungle fights days mate. 

Who would you rather play in the final?

10 minutes ago, crangs said:

i was always a pakistan fan first and foremost but after they got blatantly robbed and screwed out of the tournament, i needed anoother team to cheer for

wasnt about to root for england, australia, or new zealand because those teams all fooking suck and all of their fans are all a bunch of blowhards who know nothing about the game of cricket

just be glad that it rained out the sri lanka vs pakistan game, and the qualifying rules are bogus for teams with identical records, otherwise it would be india vs pakistan in the semi's, and you kiwis would be back on the plane going home to your sheep.  we beat your a$$ the other week and we'll beat your a$$ some more.  it aint over my friend. team green and the dream lives on.

Edited by -idyb-

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Idyb is a new Zealand fan since their jungle fights days mate. 

Who would you rather play in the final?

the team that plays worse than us in the final is my final decision...

8 hours ago, -idyb- said:

just be glad that it rained out the sri lanka vs pakistan game, and the qualifying rules are bogus for teams with identical records

8 hours ago, crangs said:

We're 2-0 against India the last month or so.  Would've definitely pounded them that rained off game

in your world of ifs and buts we still finish on identical scores and you still go home, mate. 

Edited by crangs

**** no india would have creampied you bhenchod's. wednesdays are India's off days so you got lucky.

team green would have walked all over sri lanka on any 8 days of the week.   the kiwis shouldnt even be in this tournament. be lucky that pakistan got screwed out of it, otherwise even if new zealand were to somehow also have made it into the semis, pakistan would have beat that azz some more

Edited by -idyb-

I have mixed feelings about this start...obviously I'm delighted to see the Aussies 3 down inside 5 overs, but....that means the pitch is swinging, and Starc will be a handful.  Would probably have preferred it to be a road tbh.  I don't think we will chase anything over 200 on this pitch.

Get one of these two out though and it becomes extremely interesting.

that total shouldn't be enough but stranger things have happened.  If England get off to a flier, say 60-1 it's over.  if they see off the nee ball they also have enough batting to finish this off easily.  The problem will be the pressure 

1 hour ago, crangs said:

that total shouldn't be enough but stranger things have happened.  If England get off to a flier, say 60-1 it's over.  if they see off the nee ball they also have enough batting to finish this off easily.  The problem will be the pressure 

Is it too early to say see you Sunday?

Definitely. We're only one collapse away from failing to chase this. 

• Like 1

it's over.  not a team in the world could falter that badly from here

looks like its gonna be england vs new zealand in a match of the ages, to determine once and for all who was the better team which got beat down by Team Pakistan.

Edited by -idyb-

Wow.

What an absolute battering.  Haven't seen an England performance at a WC like that since 1992.  Final should be awesome; both teams seem to be peaking at the right time.  Feels kind of like NZ's bowlers v England's batsmen, but Williamson scares me; equally that Woaks/Archer opening bowling partnership is pretty formidable too.

May the best team win @crangs.  Sadly I'll be hiking in the Colorado wilderness so won't get to know the result for about 6 days.

@OzStraya. Pleasure doing business with you sir.  I think it was a resounding double whammy for me; Root outscoring Warner comfortably and of course the result.  I would like to give you the opportunity you have been waiting for for some time; to represent one of the greatest fast bowlers of his generation.  I am sure you will wear this AV with pride.  I won't be on much in the next few weeks, so please don't give me any resizing shennanigans. I'm sure you'll find a way.

Image result for stuart broad

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Sadly I'll be hiking in the Colorado wilderness so won't get to know the result for about 6 days.

try not to get eaten by a moose or a polar bear m8. colorado is polar bear country

• Thanks 1

i cant believe i set my alarm clock a few hours early just to catch a 2:30 am god damn cricket game and it turns out the game isnt even today. **** this **** im going back to bed. go pakistan!

Edited by -idyb-

**** yeah i got my avatar back too boys

but god damnit what a time to be awake **** this i wanted me a cricket game today  or at least be able to catch the first bit of it  and i never even watched cricket before either until bubba trolled me into it that slimy weasel i even connect to pakistani networks through my vpn just to watch their games free and legit through their national tv streams. but now my eyes are open and i got 3 hours to kill   f*ck all of you. f*ck all of you to hell  

there is no way in hell i will be able to watch tomorrows fight card and still manage to keep my eyes open for the cricket game.    hell i cant even guarantee i'll even make it through the ufc fights awake the whole time. these guys are all a bunch of bums.  just like the english and kiwi cricket teams.  pakistan for life.

Edited by -idyb-

seen a buddy of mine tagged on facebook with a bunch of other people and a bunch of pictures tagged

❤️beautiful exhausting day❤️beautiful people celebrating beautiful cricket ❤️

i thought they were talking about the great sport of cricket, todays big game and i might not be the only person in canada who watches this chit. and then i read down in the comments " Love the pics thanks Shayla for helping to celebrate crickets B-day. And thanks to everybody that came to show this beautiful woman how much we love and appreciate her.., happy birthday my love ❤️❤️ "

turns out that a group of people were actually just celebrating the 1 year birthday of someones baby. and his name is Cricket.

Edited by -idyb-

Wtf is a super over? Watched this sport for over 30 years and never heard that term once.  Of COURSE England win on some shonky made up rule at the last minute.  They didn't even win it they both got 15!? Can't you cheating poms just win something fairly for once in your blood soaked inbred riddled history?  RIP my Kiwi brothers :(

i have no idea but the kiwis got screwed. fuck you ben stokes.  that kiind of shit wouldnt have happened if england was playing pakistan in the finals

I was asleep so just hearing about this now fyi 

So,  Stokes,  a KIWI born in Christchurch,  fooks New Zealand over to win the wc?  WOW. I'd be absolutely filthy. Typical dodgy cheating poms. Enjoy your tainted, undeserved victory,  Kent's. 

england is a bunch of filthy cheating degenerates. bubba should be ashamed of himself for cheering on a team that starts losing and then starts changing up the rules up as they go

this is blasphemy.  there is no honour in englands cricket game, thats for damn sure.   at least pakistan is a team of integrity. see you all in 2023.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

Just waiting for Bubba's "oh come along chaps let's just celebrate what a jolly good show both teams put on there 'eh? Myyy word what an exceptional performance and an amazing effort from both teams and for mighty England to win the cup! Just stupendous!  Chin up and all that,  pish posh!"

I'd be so incredibly dark if I was a kiwi right now lol I'm mad as a temporary fan!  

• Haha 2

poor crangs. right now he's probably either on the phone with the suicide hotline, or the police to report a robbery

but at least now new zealand knows what it feels like to get screwed balls deep.   that should have been pakistan in the finals, and england wouldnt have been able to cheat out a win against team green.

Edited by -idyb-

it was the unluckiest loss in all world cup history of any sport.  Cant even be mad though.  Got there on the back of the rule book and lost on the back of the rule book.  Those over throws should've been 5 runs not 6 with Rashid on strike after, the catch that was a 6, losing on boundaries (256-9 looks better than 256-11 but that's just my opinion).  Just every 50/50 went England's way.  The first ball of Englands innings had me sayng it was gonna be a long day and so it proved.  Being an unlucky loser in maybe the best final of all time is gonna be the kick in the nuts that keeps on kicking when the highlights roll around again and again and again...

• Like 1

to honour my bet with @Bubba_Sparks I'll wear this av instead of the sig he gave me that was too big.  It'll probably hurt more as well, lol

EWRNEBQYU5ECHKC7LPDUJPLZ3M.jpg

Edited by crangs
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Just waiting for Bubba's "oh come along chaps let's just celebrate what a jolly good show both teams put on there 'eh? Myyy word what an exceptional performance and an amazing effort from both teams and for mighty England to win the cup! Just stupendous!  Chin up and all that,  pish posh!"

I'd be so incredibly dark if I was a kiwi right now lol I'm mad as a temporary fan!  

lol, I know many people that are filthy about the result and half of them are English!!!  No matter what the argument the trophy has England engraved on it which sucks if you're on my side if the fence.  Found out I had many more cricket supporting coworkers this morning compared to when I left on Thursday though 🙄😂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TUF said:

congrats lads. Now crangs change your av back immediately plz

I dont wanna be on the welchers list even if bubba wouldn't know while he's out doing Bear Grylls chit like drinking his own piss and eating road kill in the murican wilderness

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

you should be ashamed of yourself and your cricket team bubbs. i hope it rains like hell for every day youre up there.   the kiwis were swindled. the least you can do for your team and for your country is to issue a polite apology on england's behalf. if that kind of sh!t ever happened in canada you best believe you'd be getting the three piece apology with the i'm sorry.

what a bunch of filthy vermin. just making the rules up as you go along eh?

Edited by -idyb-

im actually thinking of writing a letter to the president of canada and demanding that he removes english queens off of our canadian currency, and replaces it with something a little less english, and a little more canadian.  like Georges St Pierre or Wayne Gretzky.

ever since Englands disgusting actions in the world cup cricket finals, English queens or their monarchy or anything at all remotely to do with england has no business being on our money, or in my great country.  i even have a tshirt from london i think im gonna have to burn the chit out of that too.

ben stokes and the rest of team england, you will never be forgotten, nor will you be forgiven for that selfish act of debauchery. but let it be known that there will be repercussions for your actions. 2023. mark it on your calender. my boys in green will be beating that a$$ down some more on their way to the cup.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

By the way, scrolling through this thread is now a thing of beauty..all those GOAT avs... Stuart broad, the whole victorious team and her majesty giving her approval to it all. 

Just a shame GSP is gaying up the whole thread. 

fine then be that way. im taking my cricket bat and going home

one day canada will have a cricket team of its own, and they will go on to win the world cup.  then you'll all be sorry.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1