Sign in to follow this  
Bubba_Sparks

Not Freddie van Halen's Thread about cricket and other GOAT commonwealth sports. Congratulations England on winning the cricket world cup. Next up: Rugby World Cup

congrats Crangs Dave Warner is officially a Kiwi!

lol, wtf did he do?

• Like 1

I had no idea he was such a millenial snowflake beta!

lol.  The moment he tried to headbutt Joe Root then everyone knew he could get got to

• Like 1

I wonder if QDK asked him what Sonny Bill's richard tastes like?

pakistan vs the west indies tomorrow boys

its been a long while but finally i can dawn my jersey and inflate my Boom Boom Afridi replica doll.

team green and a dream baby!

• Like 1

Well we may be crap, but at least we're not cheats!!

great rain dancers as well, it seems
  • Like 1

"It seems beyond belief the Australian cricket team have been involved in cheating. Our cricketers are role models and cricket is synonymous with fair play. How can our team be engaged in cheating like this? It beggars belief."

Lel,you made this guy Prime Minister? Finger on the pulse there

oh for **** sakes im a week too early for the pakistan cricket game. i had my cheesehead on and everything, and im all pyched up for the big game

i guess that gives me time to iron the wrinkles out of my green jersey and patch a couple air leaks in my inflatable boom boom afridi.

im just glad that we beat those new zealand sheep shaggers in the series back in january

Edited by -idyb-

What do you think should happen? Personally I think they should drop Smith, Warner and Bancroft for the rest of the series and the next one. There have to be some consequences.

Such a shame Smith got involved. He should be remembered as arguably the best batsman since bradman when he retires. Will be hard for him not to be remembered for this.

What do you think should happen? Personally I think they should drop Smith, Warner and Bancroft for the rest of the series and the next one. There have to be some consequences.

Such a shame Smith got involved. He should be remembered as arguably the best batsman since bradman when he retires. Will be hard for him not to be remembered for this.

12 months mimimum for all of them imo opinion. the concern is if Boof Lehman knew about it

• Like 1

12 months mimimum for all of them imo opinion. the concern is if Boof Lehman knew about it

Dude...of course he knew about it.

This one is going to rumble a long time. It will come out that lehmann knew about it. That means smithy was telling fibs at the presser....which begs the question was this really the first time?

I'm taking no delight in this btw. As much as you guys are our sworn enemies on the sportsfield I've always admired the hard but fair ethos. Sucks that a couple of bad apples have damaged that reputation.

Ive been a die hard fan of team pakistan cricket since day one of entering this thread. no questions asked.

My love for team pakistan cricket knows no bounds. ive cheered on my team hard as f*ck in this thread for a year or two, streamed a couple of games, watched some live updates on google, and hell once i even ordered a $11 pay per view game of cricket to watch in punjabi. and guys, i gotta be brutally honest here. despite being a hardcore cricket fan, i dont know chit about cricket. even the odd time when i'd find a pakistan game where the commentators were speaking english

but don't you worry guys. i am downloading Don Bradman Cricket 2017 for my computer and  i will become a cricket prodigy before noon.

at first i only came into this thread one day for some low grade drive-by trolling. i thought it was just a game where a bunch of old people play touchbutt with paddles.  then one fateful day bubba showed me the light. and the rest of you kiwi and aussie and english f*cktarts have since helped me find my dream, in team green baby!

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

Dude...of course he knew about it.

This one is going to rumble a long time. It will come out that lehmann knew about it. That means smithy was telling fibs at the presser....which begs the question was this really the first time?

I'm taking no delight in this btw. As much as you guys are our sworn enemies on the sportsfield I've always admired the hard but fair ethos. Sucks that a couple of bad apples have damaged that reputation.

this is a team full of bad eggs. id rather clean house and develop some new kids who actually respect the baggy green

• Like 1

England - "58 all out. Terrible performance. We're gonna struggle to live this down"

Australia "Hold my beer"

Edited by crangs
  • Like 1

The reaction over here is as if they had committed murder, people calling for life bans etc.

My initial reaction was anger and shame, but now its moved to dissapointment.

Smith, Warner and Bancroft should all be fined and stood down for a couple of tests, and i dont think any of them should be considered for a leadership role unless we see some contrition and a serious effort to change attitudes and culture.

As for Boof im a bit torn, i find it hard to believe he wasnt aware of what was happening but as Merv said "does your boss know everything you do at work?"

The sad thing is most of these top level sportspeople will do whatever they can to win, even if its sometimes unethical, and i think we were blind and a bit up ourselves that it couldnt be us as well.

• Like 1

Yeah. Some reactions have been over the top and a lot boils down to the team not being very well liked. I don't believe any of them should be considered for a leadership role again though regardless of contrition. They're gonna be needing all the focus they can muster anyway trying to play with this hanging over their head.

• Like 1

Yeah. Some reactions have been over the top and a lot boils down to the team not being very well liked. I don't believe any of them should be considered for a leadership role again though regardless of contrition. They're gonna be needing all the focus they can muster anyway trying to play with this hanging over their head.

It looks like theyll be getting a 12 month suspension

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-28/steve-smith-david-warner-banned-playing-australia-jim-maxwell/9598648

From what I've gleaned, I'm reasonably convinced that lehmann might not have known the original plan. However, there's pretty strong circumstantial evidence that he ordered the 'cover-up' of sticking the tape down the trousers, plus he's been in charge for long enough that he's surely partly responsible for a culture where both the captain and vice captain think it's okay to do this.

I think he's got to go. 12 month bans for Smith and warner seem okay, although from other stuff I've read, Warner is not well liked in the camp so might never be back.

• Like 2

I think it's just been a slow downward spiral since Clarke was captain.  Under Waugh they were tough and combative but i couldn't really say a time when I thought they over stepped the mark.  Think the nastiness slowly crept in when Waugh left. 

• Like 2

I think it's just been a slow downward spiral since Clarke was captain.  Under Waugh they were tough and combative but i couldn't really say a time when I thought they over stepped the mark.  Think the nastiness slowly crept in when Waugh left. 

It did make me chuckle when Pup the arm-breaker offered to come back to steady the ship.

I think Ponting's reign was pretty much spot on as well. I know there was the whole Pratt run out thing, but that was heat of the moment.  Overall I thought Ponting's team played very hard but also very fair.  Some of the sportsmanship from both sides in the 2005 Ashes was awesome. 

• Like 2

It did make me chuckle when Pup the arm-breaker offered to come back to steady the ship.

I think Ponting's reign was pretty much spot on as well. I know there was the whole Pratt run out thing, but that was heat of the moment.  Overall I thought Ponting's team played very hard but also very fair.  Some of the sportsmanship from both sides in the 2005 Ashes was awesome. 

Yeah, fair dues there.  T

big game tomorrow morning. put on your cheese heads and dawn your green jerseys. we're gonna stick it to those West Indie wankers

I was so busy getting the kids ready for their hospital appointment this morning that I didn't even get a chance to read about the Black Caps tail order's heroic stand to deny England. What a result considering England took 2 wickets in the first 2 balls and had us 90/4 at one point

team pakistan is the greatest thing to ever happen in the world of cricket, and other commonwealth sports

going for a full sweep today

we did it boys! 3-0 sweep.

next up ireland and then england after we take a month off for some well deserved rest and relaxation after that beatdown we imposed on west indiestan

this is gonna be hard for u to watch what we're aboot to do to you bubba but im sure ull be able to get over it eh?

Edited by -idyb-

Okay, i know it's World Cup season, but we can't ignore what happened today.

Records tumbling; highest international ODI score by a mile, biggest defeat for the auld enemy.  What's going on TC and Oz???

Records tumbling; highest international ODI score by a mile, biggest defeat for the auld enemy. What's going on TC and Oz???

I abandoned cricket a couple of years ago when I realised our team is full of pretentious milleneal twats, from what I understand the term is "bottoming out" in order to build anew Edited by Ozpride
  • Like 1

I abandoned cricket a couple of years ago when I realised our team is full of pretentious milleneal twats, from what I understand the term is "bottoming out" in order to build anew

What with all the ball tampering and getting battered by England, these are tough times down under.

Your cricket team and our rugby team make a good pair :(

I abandoned cricket a couple of years ago when I realised our team is full of pretentious milleneal twats, from what I understand the term is "bottoming out" in order to build anew

you can always change allegiances to team pakistan

Records tumbling; highest international ODI score by a mile, biggest defeat for the auld enemy.  What's going on TC and Oz???

Congrats mate, if this was against a full strength Aus side it would really hurt, but lets face it this is a D grade side, C at best. I dont know who half these players are and id imagine that within 12 months the team will look very different.

• Like 1

Congrats mate, if this was against a full strength Aus side it would really hurt, but lets face it this is a D grade side, C at best. I dont know who half these players are and id imagine that within 12 months the team will look very different.

We were missing stokes! But yeah... most of your team are the ones not good enough to play in fancy t20 tournaments. I'll still find any drubbing over the green baggies highly satisfying though.

• Like 1

The black caps are gonna get their first MCG boxing day test in 32 years next year. That's a fookin long time between matches but I know most of it is due to having the same cricket season and being cans for 30 of those 32 seasons :lol:

• Like 1

Smh....we give you boys 10 free overs where we won't try and take any wickets, then give you a further 6 of our wickets for free and you still can't get a win!

And our rugby team is good again.  Happy days!!