Sign in to follow this  
Bubba_Sparks

Not Freddie van Halen's Thread about cricket and other GOAT commonwealth sports. Congratulations England on winning the world cup. Next up: the Ashes.

You could stop being a casual and follow them year round, m8

i would love to get up at 3 in the morning and dawn my green jersey and turban if it means cheering on pakistan, but bubba just informed me that there is no big cricket games until 2019, so now the rustle runs deep

How the fook does it go 5 days? Wtf is this Quidditch

It used to be open ended and just go till you got the other team all out, cohld easily go for 10 or more days, but the people in charge decided that was too much of a good thing and set a 5 day limit.

Thats test cricket which is the ultimate form of the game but there is also 1 day cricket (self explanatory) and t20 which goes for 20 overs each, so about 4 hours give or take

Pakistan beat India by 180 runs?

What the hell kind of sport is this?

india humiliated them in a qualifier but pakistan bounced back to embarass them even harder in the championship finals!  think of it like being  a hockey game, and game 7 of the stanley cup finals and one teams just utterly destroys the other team 12-1.   that's pretty much what happened!

the sri lanka and pakistan semi final game was hella close tho. i was on the edge of my seat and sweating out of my green turban for that one.

thats my boys. 

It used to be open ended and just go till you got the other team all out, cohld easily go for 10 or more days, but the people in charge decided that was too much of a good thing and set a 5 day limit.

Thats test cricket which is the ultimate form of the game but there is also 1 day cricket (self explanatory) and t20 which goes for 20 overs each, so about 4 hours give or take

yep i just learned about 5 day cricket the other week and im a die hard fan of it now

ur not a real man until uve played a sporting game for 5 days against one team!  i dont even think that Georges "Rush' St. Pierre would have that kind of endurance.

so they play 5 days straight? No rest or are there breaks?
  • Like 3

so they play 5 days straight? No rest or are there breaks?

Its a gentlemans game so there are several breaks, for food drinks and rest. Its a test of patience and endurance, both for the players and spectators lol.

As a spectator its actually great, go and drink overpriced m8dstrength beer in the sun till you suffer heatstroke. Its tha bess

• Like 2

i remember watching my first team pakistan cricket game in a different language last year. i paid $10 to witness that one of a kind experience as well

that was confusing as hell.   but just last week i learned what a wicket is

i may not be the most educated fan of the sport but im a fan of team pakistan cricket until the day that i die.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2

Its a gentlemans game so there are several breaks, for food drinks and rest. Its a test of patience and endurance, both for the players and spectators lol.

As a spectator its actually great, go and drink overpriced m8dstrength beer in the sun till you suffer heatstroke. Its tha bess

As a former player of pub cricket I can say it's da bess.  We played more than a handful of games where everyone in the field except the batsmen were holding a beer.  Even the Keeper had one behind the stumps.  Giving the umpire your beer while you bowled was a cop out :lol:

• Like 2

As a former player of pub cricket I can say it's da bess.  We played more than a handful of games where everyone in the field except the batsmen were holding a beer.  Even the Keeper had one behind the stumps.  Giving the umpire your beer while you bowled was a cop out :lol:

now thats my kind of a game!

sign me up

• Like 1

As a former player of pub cricket I can say it's da bess. We played more than a handful of games where everyone in the field except the batsmen were holding a beer. Even the Keeper had one behind the stumps. Giving the umpire your beer while you bowled was a cop out :lol:

That's called beach cricket over here. Our beaches actually have flat white sands though, beaches in England are basically a driveway full of pebbles
  • Like 2

That's called beach cricket over here. Our beaches actually have flat white sands though, beaches in England are basically a driveway full of pebbles

Nah this was a proper game of cricket.  Definitely different than beach cricket.  

• Like 1

At least we don't get eaten or stung to death the moment we set foot in the sea though.

• Like 2

Why is this Fredrick's thread now?

It was a gift from me to him.

Freddie rightly commented that there were far too many threads named after me, so I renamed this one after him.

I'll name the Clash of Clans one after you if you like?

• Like 1

State of Origin game 2 is about to kick off here at ANZ in Sydney.

NSW have the momentum and a home ground advantage. If QLD win it will force the decider in game 3 at Suncorp in QLD so NSW need to bring it tonight.

Once again my jimmies are on edge m8s

• Like 3

State of Origin game 2 is about to kick off here at ANZ in Sydney.

NSW have the momentum and a home ground advantage. If QLD win it will force the decider in game 3 at Suncorp in QLD so NSW need to bring it tonight.

Once again my jimmies are on edge m8s

QLD still getting dodgy calls I see.  Will the officials ever not be in their pocket?

• Like 1

Blues doing good in the first half.  More of the same second half would be great

• Like 1

How have we glossed over the lions v the chiefs??

Actually given what nz will do to us on Saturday it's probably for the best.

I looked at the team the chiefs were putting out and just didn't care at that point, lol

• Like 1

Let's have a sig bet on the lions v nz games.

I think everyone's expecting a whitewash. I say we win at least one. One month sig bet?

Obviously I kind of get odds because of I win you'll end up wearing rich Franklin for over a year...

• Like 1

Let's have a sig bet on the lions v nz games.

I think everyone's expecting a whitewash. I say we win at least one. One month sig bet?

Obviously I kind of get odds because of I win you'll end up wearing rich Franklin for over a year...

Bet confirmed.  I actually like your chances in the first test tbh honest

• Like 1

Bet confirmed. I actually like your chances in the first test tbh honest

Meh. I like them more than I did a week ago but I'm still not convinced we've got enough firepower.

The Lions don't even play the Chiefs this season m8!

2775da834bb673201d1454cf4dd77410.jpg

I don't know what's more impressive.  That you read a post in here or that you looked up the lolLions schedule

• Like 1

The Lions don't even play the Chiefs this season m8!

2775da834bb673201d1454cf4dd77410.jpg

Is that the full fixture list?? What the heck do those prima-Donna's do for the other 8 months of the year?

No wonder you poor guys over there end up watching baseball to try and pass the time.

• Like 1

Is that the full fixture list?? What the heck do those prima-Donna's do for the other 8 months of the year?

No wonder you poor guys over there end up watching baseball to try and pass the time.

If the NFL season lasted year round teams would never keep a full roster of talented players. They need a break, it's brutal.

• Like 1

If the NFL season lasted year round teams would never keep a full roster of talented players. They need a break, it's brutal.

Rugby players manage mate, and they play without body armour!

They're no where near the size of those monsters playing in the NFL. It's not even a legit comparison.

You'd be surprised mate. There are some monsters in rugby union.

In fact, in the interests of open discussion i looked it up.  The average weight of the middle NFL team a couple of years ago was 244 lbs.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/7/20/12235242/nfl-average-height-weight-every-team-eagles-data-study-chart-philadelphia

In the rugby world cup in 2012, the average weight was 104 KG, which is 229 lbs.  The average weight of the pack (which are the big lads who smash into each other) was 251 lbs!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/the-rugby-world-cup-has-never-been-bigger-and-nor-have-its-huge-players-10506563.html

So it's a very legit comparison.  Rugby players also get injured a lot, but the full season lasts 9 months. I'm genuinely curious as to why the NFL players get injured so much more.  It can't be the size so it must be something else.  Maybe it's the style of tackles?

You'd be surprised mate. There are some monsters in rugby union.

In fact, in the interests of open discussion i looked it up.  The average weight of the middle NFL team a couple of years ago was 244 lbs.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/7/20/12235242/nfl-average-height-weight-every-team-eagles-data-study-chart-philadelphia

In the rugby world cup in 2012, the average weight was 104 KG, which is 229 lbs.  The average weight of the pack (which are the big lads who smash into each other) was 251 lbs!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/the-rugby-world-cup-has-never-been-bigger-and-nor-have-its-huge-players-10506563.html

So it's a very legit comparison.  Rugby players also get injured a lot, but the full season lasts 9 months. I'm genuinely curious as to why the NFL players get injured so much more.  It can't be the size so it must be something else.  Maybe it's the style of tackles?

The size and athleticism.

The size and athleticism.

They're practically the same size....that's what my post is all about!

As for athleticism; they're very different beasts.  NFL players are more explosive, rugby players have more stamina.  Not sure why that would mean you need so much more time to recover?

This isn't a knock on NFL mate. I'm just curious. Injury doesn't seem a legit reason to me to have a 7 month off season

Great game, sets things up beautifully for the 3rd test.  Obviously got a huge break when SB lost his head, but I thought the lions showed a lot of heart to keep believing when they were 9 points down.  Fair play to the ABs though, and huge respect to Read for refusing to blame being down to 14 men.

Your new sig for the next "month" Crangs

TELEMMGLPICT000132872067-large_trans_NvB

First one might be a bit big, if so, try this one

TELEMMGLPICT000132872067-small_trans_NvB

Edited by Bubba_Sparks

My sig has now be changed.  Someone remind when it's time for me to drop it

Edited by crangs
  • Like 1

lol, who do you think we all are, your bloody PA???

I was gonna say kindhearted gentlemen but it seems NoCake might actually be right about you all after all...

:lol:

• Like 1

Proper cricket back on the tv, which is nice.

Seems like little has changed about our test team.  Top order can't bat for toffee, except thankfully for Joe Root, middle order extremely strong.  Awesome to go from 49-3 to 300+ for 5, but....one day Joe will fail and we'll be skittled out for <150.  Cook needs to find some form and we desperately need Ballance to regain his early form.

• Like 1

Proper cricket back on the tv, which is nice.

Seems like little has changed about our test team. Top order can't bat for toffee, except thankfully for Joe Root, middle order extremely strong. Awesome to go from 49-3 to 300+ for 5, but....one day Joe will fail and we'll be skittled out for <150. Cook needs to find some form and we desperately need Ballance to regain his early form.

cook had great form in County cricket, lol. Chasing wide ones will get you in trouble, though. Balance just isn't cut out for it I reckon

Lol. It's a fair call.

Losing to the Windies is definitely less embarrassing than losing to Bangladesh.

It's actually been a pretty decent summer of test cricket over here, and despite the loss, I thought a couple of guys made a strong case for their test places.  Still don't have a number 3 though.

• Like 2

holy chit is this just a bump to troll me or is there some pakistan cricket going on?!?

I'm afraid not.

However, Boom Boom is playing over here at the moment in our T20 game.  Here's what he did last week

• Like 1