Sign in to follow this  
Bubba_Sparks

Not Freddie van Halen's Thread about cricket and other GOAT commonwealth sports. Congratulations England on winning the world cup. Next up: the Ashes.

Lara got scores at the expense of a result which I never liked but it was amazing to watch all the same

• Like 1

Well  from an Aussie point of view its been an absolute pleasure to watch, some fantastic performances from both bat and ball. Selectors made the right decisions, and really proud of how the boys stayed positive and just took opportunities when they came.

England have been outplayed but i think positives to look at are Malan, Overton, Woakes, Bairstow and Vince. Some of the senior players need to take a good look in the mirror though.

Bubba, commiserations, as per our agreement your av

steve-smith-stats-759.jpg

Sig

England may have invented the game but Australia perfected it. Long may The Ashes stay in their rightful home, GOATstraya

• Like 2

Well  from an Aussie point of view its been an absolute pleasure to watch, some fantastic performances from both bat and ball. Selectors made the right decisions, and really proud of how the boys stayed positive and just took opportunities when they came.

England have been outplayed but i think positives to look at are Malan, Overton, Bairstow and Vince. Some of the senior players need to take a good look in the mirror thought.

Bubba, commiserations, as per our agreement your av

steve-smith-stats-759.jpg

Sig

England may have invented the game but Australia perfected it. Long may The Ashes stay in their rightful home, GOATstraya

Thanks TC, and congratulations.

Yeah, the team went into the ashes with question marks over all the new players and it turns out it was the senior players who have been pretty garbage.

I have a bit of an overlap with my current AV bet, so I'll put the AV up when it expires (it expires early January).  Sig in place now.  I'll keep that until the AV expires to make up for my slack-ness.

• Like 1

Thanks TC, and congratulations.

Yeah, the team went into the ashes with question marks over all the new players and it turns out it was the senior players who have been pretty garbage.

I have a bit of an overlap with my current AV bet, so I'll put the AV up when it expires (it expires early January).  Sig in place now.  I'll keep that until the AV expires to make up for my slack-ness.

You're a gentleman Sir and a man of your word.

• Like 1

Bubba would ypu like your username now, OR do you accept my other offer of double or nothing for a whitewash?

Bubba would ypu like your username now, OR do you accept my other offer of double or nothing for a whitewash?

Lol, part of me says I'd like to see what the username is before I accept the double or nothing offer!

Lol, part of me says I'd like to see what the username is before I accept the double or nothing offer!

it will be a clone of a past or present member who I shall not name until it's announced :)

it will be a clone of a past or present member who I shall not name until it's announced :)

Oh no. Well I guess it depends whether you want me to not post for 1 month or 2 then!

Oh no. Well I guess it depends whether you want me to not post for 1 month or 2 then!

haha come on now don't be like that it will be a legend I promise

• Like 1

Lol, if people end up thinking I'm a German teenager you won't see me for dust!!

come on give me a bit more credit than that!

• Like 1

Red-Bull-Campus-Cricket-Pakistan-team-2.

England may have invented the game, Australia perfected it, and Pakistan mastered it. Long may The Ashes stay in their rightful home, GOATistan!

amen to that brother. preach it loud!   i couldnt have said it any better myself

Our boy Alistair showing that form is temporary, class is permanent. After another failure to convert from root I feared waking up to Australia batting with a 200+ run lead. Fantastic innings by cook; he's pretty much the only player in world cricket capable of such a lengthy innings these days. Great support from broad....too little too late some would say but at least we're fighting for some pride (not to mention my username!). This one is ours to lose now.

• Like 1

Jimmy Tamperson doing a good job too

Lol. The level of rustle in your media over one good day for England almost makes up for the fact we're getting hammered this tour.

I've never seen straws clutched at so badly. Cleaning dirt off a ball with the back of your thumb in front of the umpires is definitely not tampering.

Did you enjoy Broad's knock? This is your home ground isn't it mate? Get yourself down there and fulfil your lifelong cricket ambition!

Lol. The level of rustle in your media over one good day for England almost makes up for the fact we're getting hammered this tour.

I've never seen straws clutched at so badly. Cleaning dirt off a ball with the back of your thumb in front of the umpires is definitely not tampering.

Did you enjoy Broad's knock? This is your home ground isn't it mate? Get yourself down there and fulfil your lifelong cricket ambition!

lol id love to know where you picked up that calling someone from SA a Vic is insta-rustle

• Like 1

Lol. I can't disclose any sources mate

it's very specifically an Adelaide thing. I don't think even Victorians really realise how far it goes, you actually know someone from my state? it's an honour that you went to that effort :)

also it's gonna be epic for FH to return from permaland in tew tests time :D

• Like 1

it's very specifically an Adelaide thing. I don't think even Victorians really realise how far it goes, you actually know someone from my state? it's an honour that you went to that effort :)

also it's gonna be epic for FH to return from permaland in tew tests time :D

Yeah,some random Aussie chick gone walkabout.

Um...I think you might need to Google "whitewash".

It can no longer happen mate, so our double or nothing deal is already in effect.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/cricket/the-ashes-steve-smith-dominates-once-again-as-england-avoid-whitewash-1-8933083/amp

Edited by Bubba_Sparks

next month is a big month for team pakistan cricket. 8 games against new zealand.   we got this.

where you at ozpride where you at?

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

Yeah,some random Aussie chick gone walkabout.

Um...I think you might need to Google "whitewash".

It can no longer happen mate, so our double or nothing deal is already in effect.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/cricket/the-ashes-steve-smith-dominates-once-again-as-england-avoid-whitewash-1-8933083/amp

I didn't even watch.

there should have been a rule where draws don't count. only a pom would celebrate a fooking draw lol

also, you're welcome, Bubba, for my kindness and humility in offering you a double or nothing to effectively give you the opportunity to Welch our original bet

Edited by OzPride
  • Like 1

also, you're welcome, Bubba, for my kindness and humility in offering you a double or nothing to effectively give you the opportunity to Welch our original bet

Lol, I didn't even ask for double or nothing, you offered it!!  Pleasure doing business with you mate!

Lol, I didn't even ask for double or nothing, you offered it!! Pleasure doing business with you mate!

I did it out of the goodness of my heart. you're most welcome kind Sir. which party is bigger btw? new years eve or scraping in an ashes draw?

I did it out of the goodness of my heart. you're most welcome kind Sir. which party is bigger btw? new years eve or scraping in an ashes draw?

I will not take banter from someone who has confessed to not even watching this chit.

Personally I'd be embarassed if my team were playing for a draw when they're already 3-0 up - and the alleged best batsman in the world ends up with a strike rate barely half as quick as Alistair Cooke!

The Don is probably spinning in his grave at any comparisons.

I will not take banter from someone who has confessed to not even watching this chit.

Personally I'd be embarassed if my team were playing for a draw when they're already 3-0 up - and the alleged best batsman in the world ends up with a strike rate barely half as quick as Alistair Cooke!

The Don is probably spinning in his grave at any comparisons.

lol troof.

also, I met the Don when I was a kid. he lived near me and there was a rumour that if you go and ring the door bell his wife will let you come and meet him and sign something. so off little Oz goes with his pride and joy double scoop grey Nicholls and a wingman and rings the door bell. sure enough a lady comes out and sees me and invites me in, makes me and my mate a Milo and in comes old Don. gives the bat a stern once over with a smile and signs the top of it, and tells me to squeeze oranges to make my hands strong. I never knew if he was trolling. still got that bat in storage, it's dirty and the signature is faded but it's legit. worth a penny now too I think. what a GOAT he was

Edited by OzPride
  • Like 1

lol troof.

also, I met the Don when I was a kid. he lived near me and there was a rumour that if you go and ring the door bell his wife will let you come and meet him and sign something. so off little Oz goes with his pride and joy double scoop grey Nicholls and a wingman and rings the door bell. sure enough a lady comes out and sees me and invites me in, makes me and my mate a Milo and in comes old Don. gives the bat a stern once over with a smile and signs the top of it, and tells me to squeeze oranges to make my hands strong. I never knew if he was trolling. still got that bat in storage, it's dirty and the signature is faded but it's legit. worth a penny now too I think. what a GOAT he was

That's pretty awesome mate.  Not only the greatest batsman of all time, but arguably the most dominant sportsman in any sport.  So cool that you met the fella.  The biggest legend I've ever met irl is Keith Chegwin :(

• Like 1

and the judges have scored it 49-38 to Australia.  If prime Yamasaki was ref it would've been stopped in the first.  If Prime Big John was ref he would've waived it off after the third

• Like 1

tomorrows the big day for team pakistan cricket when we begin to destroy those new zealand sheep shaggers in a 5 game series

team green and a dream baby!

Edited by -idyb-

pakistan is pouring it on.  team green and a dream baby!

Their angus got torn up, m8

• Like 1

what the ****?   how does pakistan lose when the score says 246/9 and the new zealand sheep shaggers only got 151/2

i dont get it? we got like a hundred more runs than them. how many sheep did they have to impregnate in order to get the refs to give them the win? what the hell???

Edited by -idyb-

what the ****?   how does pakistan lose when the score says 246/9 and the new zealand sheep shaggers only got 151/2

i dont get it? we got like a hundred more runs than them. how many sheep did they have to impregnate in order to get the refs to give them the win? what the hell???

Start reading up on Duckworth-Lewis, m8.  It's basically a formula used to determine what score the chasing team have to get in weather affected games

• Like 1

LoL Im not going to properly explain this but basically when play was stopped, they looked at Pakistans score, then looked at NZs score and with 26 overs left and 8 wickets NZ would have double dipped those blueberries in buttermilk

• Like 1

Start reading up on Duckworth-Lewis, m8.  It's basically a formula used to determine what score the chasing team have to get in weather affected games

lmao i was thinking how the **** am i going to explain Duckworth-Lewis to a Canadian lol

• Like 1

LoL Im not going to properly explain this but basically when play was stopped, they looked at Pakistans score, then looked at NZs score and with 26 overs left and 8 wickets NZ would have double dipped those blueberries in buttermilk

to hell with that.  team green was going to bowl the last 8 runners out in just 9 pitches.

f*cking montreal screwjob right there m8.  if those sheep shaggers from new zealand are too scared to play in a little bit of rain, they should just forfeit and then take their ball and go home.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2

lmao i was thinking how the **** am i going to explain Duckworth-Lewis to a Canadian lol

lol.  I was tempted to write a IDYB level wall of text about it but giphy.gif

Edited by crangs
  • Like 2

to hell with that.  team green was going to bowl the last 8 runners out in just 9 pitches.

f*cking montreal screwjob right there m8.  if those sheep shaggers from new zealand are too scared to play in a little bit of rain, they should just forfeit and then take their ball and go home.

Sorry m8, the rules are well established, you picked the wrong pony.

• Like 1