Sign in to follow this  
Bubba_Sparks

Not Freddie van Halen's Thread about cricket and other GOAT commonwealth sports. Congratulations England on winning the world cup. Next up: the Ashes.

Smh....we give you boys 10 free overs where we won't try and take any wickets, then give you a further 6 of our wickets for free and you still can't get a win!

And our rugby team is good again. Happy days!!

calm down, mate. you still lost to Scotland a couple weeks ago. a badly neutered Australia is now in total rebuild mode atm. They need to find a new identity fast
  • Like 2

calm down, mate. you still lost to Scotland a couple weeks ago. a badly neutered Australia is now in total rebuild mode atm. They need to find a new identity fast

Our ODi cricket team is pretty awesome at the moment though.  When you've grown up in the "Set a platform ofr 150 in 40 overs and push on" era, these are fun times.  At the moment, we're ranked number 1 in the world and are current favourites for next year's world cup.  Shame we'll probably choke, and that our test team are still a bunch of cans though but for now I'm enjoying the 6's raining down.

• Like 1

Not a bad little knock.

Nice to see us beating the Indians at their own game; plus loved the impromptu Joe Root celebration when he got a century and won the match/series all in one go.

p06f0qdb.jpg

Need to start winning a coupl of test series now.

• Like 1

Alastair Cook has announced his retirement from international cricket as Englands greatest run scorer and longest serving captain. A great player and an admirable foe, wish him well in whatever comes moving forward. 

• Like 1

Alastair Cook has announced his retirement from international cricket as Englands greatest run scorer and longest serving captain. A great player and an admirable foe, wish him well in whatever comes moving forward. 

Wow. Just seen that.  Perfect timing I think; let him have a good send off at home instead of getting dropped after scratching around for runs in Sri Lanka.

6th on the all time runs list behind modern greats Tendulkar, Ponting, Kallis, Dravid and Sangakkara.  Pretty lofty company, and he will be a massive hole to fill (especially as we still haven't found a replacement for Strauss as the other opener)

• Like 1

Wow. Just seen that.  Perfect timing I think; let him have a good send off at home instead of getting dropped after scratching around for runs in Sri Lanka.

6th on the all time runs list behind modern greats Tendulkar, Ponting, Kallis, Dravid and Sangakkara.  Pretty lofty company, and he will be a massive hole to fill (especially as we still haven't found a replacement for Strauss as the other opener)

You can't just replace a player like Cook unfortunately, as you pointed out his stats put him up there with the greats. It's a feeling we know all too well over here. But you do have a healthy domestic competition and it's only a matter of time before the next star shines.

Still Cook always seemed like a good bloke at heart, played fairly and represented his country with dignity. Hes very young at 33 so hopefully he has many years to enjoy whatever he pursues.

• Like 1

You can't just replace a player like Cook unfortunately, as you pointed out his stats put him up there with the greats. It's a feeling we know all too well over here. But you do have a healthy domestic competition and it's only a matter of time before the next star shines.

Still Cook always seemed like a good bloke at heart, played fairly and represented his country with dignity. Hes very young at 33 so hopefully he has many years to enjoy whatever he pursues.

Yeah; I think the rest of that list typically batted 3 or 4 so he's arguably the most prolific opener ever.  Apparently he's played 156 consecutive tests or something ridiculous.

When i think how selflessly he has batted over the years, without a hint of ego, I'm not surprised he's calling time himself instead of playing on past his best.  Suspect he will find himself meandering into the Sky commentary box soon, which basically means hanging out with Bumble, Botham and Warney; not a bad way to make a living.

I suspect that getting rescued by the middle and lower order will continue for some time.  We've beaten India quite soundly, but there are more questions than answers from this series.

• Like 1

Gets a half century.

Then moves into 5th on the all time list.

Then gets his ton.

What a way to end your career. With the series won, a lesser man would have tried to go out with a few boundaries; instead cook knuckled down and played his best innings for many years.

Take a bow son. Take a bow.

Let's polish this lot off by lunch!

• Like 1

Gets a half century.

Then gets his ton.

What a way to end your career. With the series won, a lesser man would have tried to go out with a few boundaries; instead cook knuckled down and played his best innings for many years.

india threw this for old Cook= may as well have bowled underarm

Gets a half century.

Then gets his ton.

at least he went out on a century on his terms.

*edited due to misinformation

Edited by crangs
  • Like 2

What a way to finish the series; Jimmy overtaking McGrath's record wicket haul by taking the last batsman's middle stump out.

Jimmy is not quite in McGrath's league, but it's still a testament to his fitness and professionalism that he's broken the record.  The impressive thing for me is how his average has gradually crept down; dude has actually got better with age.  I think he might have enough left in him to take the number 3 spot from Kumble, but Warney and Murali are a long way out of reach.

Weird series....we've `battered' the top ranked team at home, but I feel that we are actually further from a settled team.  Now that we're looking for two openers instead of one, it looks a tad bleak.  With trips to Sri Lanka and the Windies I'm not sure we'll have a nailed down and tested team before you Aussies rock up next summer.  I'll be honest, i'm already a bit worried about that.

Ah well.  We've got a world cup to win in the meantime.  We're actually favourites, so i expect us to crash out to some underdogs in the semi-fnals.

• Like 1

1 more week for the mother of all cricket games,  pakistan vs india!  get your green jerseys ironed out and ready for the big game fellas.

• Like 1

pakistan just creampied australia 4 games in a row.

sorry about your feels @TigerChamp we are the cricket gods. what a time to be alive. team green and a dream baby!

up next, two 3 game series' against those sheep shaggers from new zealand.  i have no idea what we are playing for, but we're going all the way.  in boom booms balls we trust.

Edited by -idyb-

33 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

pakistan just creampied australia 4 games in a row.

sorry about your feels @TigerChamp we are the cricket gods. what a time to be alive. team green and a dream baby!

up next, two 3 game series' against those sheep shaggers from new zealand.  i have no idea what we are playing for, but we're going all the way.  in boom booms balls we trust.

Australia are still in the 'don't bring attention to ourselves' phase.  They'll get the will to fight sooner or later

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, crangs said:

Australia are still in the 'don't bring attention to ourselves' phase.  They'll get the will to fight sooner or later

next year's world cup in England and ashes... if that doesn't get the fires burning I'm not sure what will. 

• Thanks 1

the story of Phil Hughes' brother laying into David Warner during a club game is a bad look.

david warner is a filthy ball tampering cheat and when it comes to his integgerty, he is the jon jones and anderson silva of the cricket world. australia is all a bunch of kangaroo-punching beer-swiggling shrimp-barbequeing foul mouthed criminals, and  they should take a lesson from boom boom and the rest of the honorable team pakistan, and learn how to win the games that matter without having to pull any funny business with their balls

we've beaten the shit out of these filthy vermin 4 times already this month, and all the ball tampering in the world couldnt save their sorry asses. put down your can of fosters and stop supporting your local neighbourhood criminals and come support my team. team pakistan welcomes you all with open arms, like mexico to a caravan of refugees. team green and a dream madarchod!

Edited by -idyb-

25 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

david warner is a filthy ball tampering cheat and when it comes to his integgerty, he is the jon jones and anderson silva of the cricket world. australia is all a bunch of kangaroo-punching beer-swiggling shrimp-barbequeing foul mouthed criminals, and  they should take a lesson from boom boom and the rest of the honorable team pakistan, and learn how to win the games that matter without having to pull any funny business with their balls

we've beaten the shit out of these filthy vermin 4 times already this month, and all the ball tampering in the world couldnt save their sorry asses. put down your can of fosters and stop supporting your local neighbourhood criminals and come support my team. team pakistan welcomes you all with open arms, like mexico to a caravan of refugees. team green and a dream madarchod!

Where were you when the English were whalloping your boys all over the park? 

5 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Where were you when the English were whalloping your boys all over the park? 

i dont think thats ever happened. in fact, i think we probably bodied you so hard you decided to flee your country in shame.

it took your 3rd world cricket team 2 attempts the other month just to get a win against us.  And we werent even trying. We were still hung over off of india pale ale from celebrating all our other big wins.

where were you bubba in  june last year when my boys in green smashed england by a whole 8 wickets in the semi's and went on to beat india in the finals to win the ICC world champions trophy?

i was in here in this very thread celebrating my honorable teams epic victory with pride. i fooking had my cheesehead hat on and everything, while you were already burning your Ben Stokes jersey, getting your passport stamped and planning your brexit!

dont worry tho i feel your pain. as a vancouver canucks hockey fan i know what losing feels like. but feel free to come over to my cricket team and support my guys in green, and get a whiff of what champions are made of. dont worry m8 we wont tamper with your balls.

Edited by -idyb-

i gotta be brutally honest here tho. after all these years of cheering on my team, i still dont really know a thing about the game of cricket. the only thing i do know is that i'm probably the biggest fan of pakistan cricket in all of my country, and that englands team absolutely sucks.  i'd say the same thing about australia but i dont want tigerchamp to go into a fit of rage and ban me

Edited by -idyb-

Okay lads, after a quiet spell, this thread is open again for business.

The cricket World Cup has come to England, and the 6s are already raining down.  In early skirmishes, England have battered the Saffers, Bangladesh have battered the Saffers, and those down under won easy matches as expected.  IDYB's boys in green also got pummelled by the Windies.

England are overwhelming favourites; we're playing on home turf, we've got the best batting line up by a mile (our number 11 has ten first class centuries to his name, for example), probably the second or third best bowling attack, and we look like we'll chase down any total up to and including 450.

The format is also unlikely to lead to crazy upsets; everyone plays everyone then the top 4 go to the semis.  Pretty much guaranteed to have the best 4 teams competing.

I've never been so confident in an England cricket team, therefore look forward to them crashing out in the SF's to Bangladesh.

@-idyb-, @SavageTC, @crangs, @OzStraya. Where you at boys??

Today's game: England v Pakistan

Edited by Bubba_Sparks

our world cup dreams havent ended yet.   if you didnt have that filthy milk drinking cheat Ben Stokes on your team then england wouldnt even have a chance of beating us today

In Fukhar we trust. Also an honorable shout out to Shaheen Afridi.  I'm not sure what relation he is to Boom Boom, but i will be wearing my green and gold today in support of him, and the rest of my team.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

meh out of 10 til we hit the pointy end

• Like 1

filthy cheating brit pitchers. those f*ckers hit fakhar in the head with the ball. and now theyre throwing it at the other guy. there is no integrity in englands game

lol i got a couple hours to kill and i find myself actually watching this cricket game.

f*ck yeah home run! fakhar and that other guy are kicking a$$ and taking names

england loses their review after hitting fakhar with the ball again and having it illegally hit the wicket. fakhar still in there going hard as a motherfakhar.   englands pitcher sucks! cant even cheat out a win

after finally finding a stream with an announcer that actually speaks english and reading a wikipedia article or two, i can finally say after all these years  i kinda now understand what the hell is going on in the game of cricket.  pakistan currently winning 68-0. i dont even know why the officials let this game go on.  the lead is only gonna get bigger, and these filthy cheating english pitchers cant even strike the first two guys out

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

filthy cheating brit pitchers. those f*ckers hit fakhar in the head with the ball. and now theyre throwing it at the other guy. there is no integrity in englands game

lol i got a couple hours to kill and i find myself actually watching this cricket game.

f*ck yeah home run! fakhar and that other guy are kicking a$$ and taking names

england loses their review after hitting fakhar with the ball again and having it illegally hit the wicket. fakhar still in there going hard as a motherfakhar.   englands pitcher sucks! cant even cheat out a win

after finally finding a stream with an announcer that actually speaks english and reading a wikipedia article or two, i can finally say after all these years  i kinda now understand what the hell is going on in the game of cricket.  pakistan currently winning 68-0. i dont even know why the officials let this game go on.  the lead is only gonna get bigger, and these filthy cheating english pitchers cant even strike the first two guys out

You've actually made a pretty good start.

However....we scored 481 on this pitch last year.  You're gonna need a big big score to defend.  Promising start though for the boys in green.

12 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Bowlers*  @IDYouCasual

whens the last time youve seen someone bowling by throwing the bowling ball overhand?

theyre pitchers bro.

• Like 1

f*ck!  fakhar is out

in babar we trust. he's gonna have an elephant  of a game

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

Just now, -idyb- said:

f*ck!  fakhar is out

You could be in trouble mate.  I always felt that if we could just get that little Fakhar out then there might be a collapse.

Anything under 300 is going to be tough to defend.

boooooooo

thats it we're done boys.

looks like i spoke too soon. ben stokes is choking on the d and  team green is batting the game of their lives. the dream lives on

Edited by -idyb-

Decent total idyb. It will take some chasing... but England have been chasing those totals down for FUN for the past four years. 

Going to be a fun second half though. 

Ben Stokes - I'm not imprezzed by your performance. Wearing my green and gold with pride today. Gotta give it too England. They tried their hardest, but were clearly outmatched by the powerhouse team pakistan.

Better luck next time!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

Ben Stokes - I'm not imprezzed by your performance. Wearing my green and gold with pride today. Gotta give it too England. They tried their hardest, but were clearly outmatched by the powerhouse team pakistan.

Better luck next time!

Congrats mate. Nice performance. Didn't think you had that batting performance in you. 

1 minute ago, OzStraya said:

Bahahaha England you're chite. 

Lol. Where were you when your team was getting spanked so badly they resorted to filthy cheating?

Change your name to fairweatherOz.

I believe it's tradition for us to have a cricket related forum wager. Please name your preliminary terms. 

5 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Congrats mate. Nice performance. Didn't think you had that batting performance in you. 

Lol. Where were you when your team was getting spanked so badly they resorted to filthy cheating?

Change your name to fairweatherOz.

I believe it's tradition for us to have a cricket related forum wager. Please name your preliminary terms. 

It's well known around these parts that I care very little about Cricket.  All my sports are winding down for the year sadly and even though all I'm left with is cricket and baseball I still Choose AFL

that said,

images (57).jpeg

20 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

It's well known around these parts that I care very little about Cricket.  All my sports are winding down for the year sadly and even though all I'm left with is cricket and baseball I still Choose AFL

Cricket is life bro.  If you aint down with pakistani cricket, you can kindly evict yourself from my thread.

• Like 1