Sign in to follow this  
Bubba_Sparks

Not Freddie van Halen's Thread about cricket and other GOAT commonwealth sports. Congratulations England on winning the world cup. Next up: the Ashes.

Huge day for you idyb. Pakistan v India is arguably the biggest fixture of the round. 

You're bowling first; you need something special from amir and you might just pull this off.

• Like 1

well boys, india vs pakistan is about to commence. the greatest rivalry in all of cricket

if pakistan loses this one i swear im jumping ship

beside my stream theres a link i couldnt help but to click and it has me rolling

India vs Pakistan world cup match, what to do if your team is losing?

https://sportsala.com/india-vs-pakistan-world-cup-match-what-to-do-if-your-team-is-losing/

im about ready to take my blood pressure pills and mock my neighboors who are also white and canadian as fook and probably have no idea what cricket even is. but im not about to break my tv cause if india wins im jumping on their bandwagon.   also i dont have any friends who watch this chit, but if pakistan loses i'll be calling up my parents and instead of saying happy fathers day ill be crying about the cricket game instead.  i might take a 2 minute walk around the block later on and punch the first person i see out of anger. and i'll be sure to avoid turning on the tv channels because im sure sportsnet and tsn in canada will be covering the chit out of this game, but right now all the stations have their hands tied with 5 hour marathons of sportscenter reruns.

im praying to the cricket gods though. may the team green dream live on.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

this is humiliating.  maybe i should start cheering for india just so pakistan might actually win a game.

whoever this guy is in my profile pic  thats who im rooting for.

i need to find a better stream where it doesnt cut to commercials in hindu. i have no idea what those madarchods are trying to sell me. its hard enough just for me to understand the announcers broken english. they need to bring in like a british or australian commentator and get him drunk and angry. thats probably the only way i can continue watching my team getting spanked like this

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

this is humiliating.  maybe i should start cheering for india just so pakistan might actually win a game.

whoever this guy is in my profile pic  thats who im rooting for.

i need to find a better stream where it doesnt cut to commercials in hindu. i have no idea what those madarchods are trying to sell me. its hard enough just for me to understand the announcers broken english. they need to bring in like a british or australian commentator and get him drunk and angry. thats probably the only way i can continue watching my team getting spanked like this

This is the guy in your pic.  Bask in the glory. 

• Like 1

yeah we really just got our shit pushed in. that was rather embarassing. we got fucked harder than a prison snitch in a shower stall

the dream is dead :(

Edited by -idyb-

8 hours ago, OzStraya said:

This is the guy in your pic.  Bask in the glory. 

they beat the windy indies. color me impressed.

1 hour ago, -idyb- said:

they beat the windy indies. color me impressed.

The Windies back then were a force to be reckoned with.  That was your version of a home run with two outs in the last innings with the bases loaded.  

Or some other stupid chit in curling 

1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

The Windies back then were a force to be reckoned with.  That was your version of a home run with two outs in the last innings with the bases loaded. 

in baseball that would be called a grand slam, not a home run

Edited by -idyb-

10 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

in baseball that would be called a grand slam, not a home run

Here is a detailed list of all the ****s I give

you need to start following baseball and learning its terminology and then maybe one day it will help you become a better person

2 hours ago, -idyb- said:

you need to start following baseball and learning its terminology and then maybe one day it will help you become a better person

I've probably been to more 'merican gayesball games than you have you vinegar merchant!  

I know it's only lol Afghanistan, but that was a peach of a knock by Morgan.  Broke the record for most 6s in an innings, and the bowler broke the record for worst spell..

• Haha 1

5 in a row against the Proteas in world cup matches.  They are our ****es...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, crangs said:

5 in a row against the Proteas in world cup matches.  They are our ****es...

Good match that. You're pretty much through now. We might meet in the SFs

well boys, it was a good run but it looks like the dream is dead

idyb is now defecting to team india.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Good match that. You're pretty much through now. We might meet in the SFs

work mates were saying we'd walk that after hearing how South Africa's innings was going.  Had to remind them that we still had to bat on that pitch

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, crangs said:

work mates were saying we'd walk that after hearing how South Africa's innings was going.  Had to remind them that we still had to bat on that pitch

Yeah. It sounded very two paced. I love these crazy scores occasionally but I think you get the best matches on a pitch with interest for the bowler. 

put the bunting back in the box.  This just got open again

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, crangs said:

put the bunting back in the box.  This just got open again

We can beat anyone on our day... and lose to anyone on our day. 

Got you guys, the Aussies and India next. Need to win a couple to be sure although one more win could still do it. 

I don't make us favourites now though. Not unless we play on belters from now to the end of the tournament. 

hell yeah my boys in blue pulled it off yesterday.  looks like we're gonna make it into the semi's.  my boy Virhat Kohli was really getting er done

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, -idyb- said:

hell yeah my boys in blue pulled it off yesterday.  looks like we're gonna make it into the semi's.  my boy Virhat Kohli was really getting er done

This is a worse heel turn than when you stopped supporting Matt Hughes and became a GSP fan. 

All about tomorrow now. England v Australia. Always a spicy occasion. 

i been a gsp fan for life bro. since day one, no questions asked. i only been a true fan of matt hughes since i found out that he dont take no chit from his woman. or a train.

and yeah that australia vs england match is gonna be a peach of a knock.  im pretty sure that there is going to be fisticuffs in this thread tomorrow. the two teams are competing hard to determine who is going to lose to India in the semi's.

Edited by -idyb-

holy chit boys its about to go down. the second greatest rivalry in sports history, next to pakistan vs india cricket. 

i have a feeling that there might be a full on riot in london if australia wins.  im cheering for the roo's cause idyb loves himself a good riot.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

@Bubba_Sparks Care for an av wager m8? Rest of the world cup?  Warner to outscore Root or Aussie's to beat the smelly poms? Happy to take either one old chap.  Unless of course your glorious summer weather brings us grey skies and rain again

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

holy chit boys its about to go down. the second greatest rivalry in sports history, next to pakistan vs india cricket. 

i have a feeling that there might be a full on riot in london if australia wins.  im cheering for the roo's cause idyb loves a good riot.

Excellent choice mate.  A French wine merchant and gentleman such as yourself should never back an English team.  Do they even make wine on that tiny little island?  

Edited by OzStraya

10 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

@Bubba_Sparks Care for an av wager m8? Rest of the world cup?  Warner to outscore Root or Aussie's to beat the smelly poms? Happy to take either one old chap.  Unless of course your glorious summer weather brings us grey skies and rain again

Let's go for the triple. Whoever wins the most gets to hand the other an av for the rest of the wc. 

1. Result

2. Root v Warner scoring

3. No rain!

I have put number 3 without looking at a forecast so that's about 50/50.

Point of order; Britain does indeed knock out some half decent wine; in fact in recent years we have seriously upset out snobbish neighbours from across the channel by winning several awards against the more established vineyards. 

2 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Let's go for the triple. Whoever wins the most gets to hand the other an av for the rest of the wc. 

1. Result

2. Root v Warner scoring

3. No rain!

I have put number 3 without looking at a forecast so that's about 50/50.

Point of order; Britain does indeed knock out some half decent wine; in fact in recent years we have seriously upset out snobbish neighbours from across the channel by winning several awards against the more established vineyards. 

Well I'll be damned.  What varieties? Is it just an Aussie ex-pat over there doing it?  French wine is overrated af too lol 

OH ITS ON re: trifecta

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Excellent choice mate.  A French wine merchant and gentleman such as yourself should never back an English team.  Do they even make wine on that tiny little island?  

Michael Bevan is gonna lay it all down on those blokes while ben stokes chokes

i'm calling it now:  Australia: 443 in 50 overs with only one wicket down.   England: 62 (all out)

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

Well the boys are settled but if someone could let them know it's not a test match and we want 100 minimum by 20 overs that's be great.  

Of course Root fooking caught him smdh challenge is set Bubbs. Can root get to 54 against the might of the Aussie attack?  

• Like 1

****ing velcro!!!  We're done unless the Poms crumble too fml Queef

Edited by OzStraya

Lol. Make up your mind oz!

Reports seem to suggest that's about par for the pitch, but below par considering the start you got. 

I love that 280 was too little but 285 is enough! If we get 283 then you're a genius oz. 

All the pressure on England here though. Good test - we've definitely got the batsmen to chase this but we've adopted south Africa's choker tag so far this world cup. 

• Like 1

BOOM there goes Root! Tell me Bubbs, would you find Liz Early kissing Shane Warne offensive?  

Hey Starc... Would you like a tree? 

.... What?  No! 

Well,  How 'bout a Root?  

Bahahaha

OK I'm going to bed.  See you in 6ish hours boys!  

7 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Hey Starc... Would you like a tree? 

.... What?  No! 

Well,  How 'bout a Root?  

Bahahaha

OK I'm going to bed.  See you in 6ish hours boys!  

Lol. Someone's counting their chickens early!

Confirmation that we're the classic fast track bullies. If there's nothing in the pitch we'll chase down anything but any hint of movement and we struggle. 

The best team clearly won and our favourites tag looks comical. 

On the plus side it didn't rain so I only went 1-2.

Congrats Oz. Please share the results of your av deliberations. 

Better tell the engraver to hold off.  Had him pencilled in after that dominant victory against Afghanistan 

• Haha 1