Sign in to follow this  
Bubba_Sparks

Not Freddie van Halen's Thread about cricket and other GOAT commonwealth sports. Congratulations England on winning the world cup. Next up: the Ashes.

49 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Pleasure doing business mate!  

images (65).jpeg

The queen shares my view of this performance. Will sort it out in the morning. 

@crangs...don't get too comfortable just yet...

the good guys won!

i was expecting a full scale riot afterwards, but i havent read about any stores in london getting looted, people getting trampled, or cars flipped over and set on fire.    that kind of sh*t sometimes happens over here across the pond after we lose an important hockey game.

Edited by -idyb-

56 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

The queen shares my view of this performance. Will sort it out in the morning. 

@crangs...don't get too comfortable just yet...

guys at work had cracking big smiles when Australia had their collapse at the end.  The immortal words of 'you still have to bat on that pitch' once again rang true, lol

Edited by crangs
  • Like 1

its shaping up to be a sad day for pakistan.  these guys finna get f*cked by a group of people who enjoy making love to a sheep.

3 hours ago, -idyb- said:

its shaping up to be a sad day for pakistan.  these guys finna get f*cked by a group of people who enjoy making love to a sheep.

Your Paki's are beating the kiwis harder than a prayer mat at Ramadan m8

Some teams capitulate, some dig in and recover.  I'd bloody hope we aren't in that position again though.  Now Pakistan have to bat on that pitch.  Fun times...

dragging it to the last over doesn't show just how badly Pakistan took our lunch money, there.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, crangs said:

dragging it to the last over doesn't show just how badly Pakistan took our lunch money, there.  

Yeah...think you put that bunting up a tad early. 

Our game now has the potential to be a decider. Given how we cope with pressure I would put my house on the kiwis at this point. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bubba_Sparks said:

Yeah...think you put that bunting up a tad early. 

Our game now has the potential to be a decider. Given how we cope with pressure I would put my house on the kiwis at this point. 

lol, bunting is firmly in it's box still.  I'd only get it out if we need 1 run to win, 6 balls to go, 7 wickets in hand and a terribad bowler at the other end chucking down pies.  I'd also accept having a 38 run lead with 6 balls to bowl.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, crangs said:

lol, bunting is firmly in it's box still.  I'd only get it out if we need 1 run to win, 6 balls to go, 7 wickets in hand and a terribad bowler at the other end chucking down pies.  I'd also accept having a 38 run lead with 6 balls to bowl.  

Lol. My faith in English cricket is such that I'd expect a no ball first up in that scenario. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol. My faith in English cricket is such that I'd expect a no ball first up in that scenario. 

Jade Dernbach is a distant memory, mate.  People went on about his variety.  I agree.  never have I seen someone get hit for 6 in so many different fashions 😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, crangs said:

Providing Chris the GOAT Gayle isn't at the other end I'd agree with that last point.  

Also,  tried to order some bunting, but the trophy engraver said he couldn't get any :(

• Haha 1

oh boy. england isnt f*cking around. this is not good. not good.

we've currently got a 0.6% chance of pulling off the win, but i still have hope. team blue and the horseshoe baby!

Edited by -idyb-

cipkHsF.jpg

33 runs needed and 1 ball to go. we got this.

oh for fook sakes. the dream is dead :(

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

cipkHsF.jpg

33 runs needed and 1 ball to go. we got this.

oh for fook sakes. the dream is dead :(

Being an England cricket fan has taught me to take nothing for granted.  Would still not have been surprised if we'd bowled 27 consecutive no balls and lost.

@crangs, it's game on for Wednesday. Any fora wagers of any interest? How about a nice simple one month sig bet?  Last time we had one of those you rocked Rich Franklin for about 3 years....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Being an England cricket fan has taught me to take nothing for granted.  Would still not have been surprised if we'd bowled 27 consecutive no balls and lost.

@crangs, it's game on for Wednesday. Any fora wagers of any interest? How about a nice simple one month sig bet?  Last time we had one of those you rocked Rich Franklin for about 3 years....

Don't expect it,  he ducked me when we spanked the pink cats or whatever they call themselves the other night 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Don't expect it,  he ducked me when we spanked the pink cats or whatever they call themselves the other night 

u wot, m8?  didn't even @me

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

lol, terms are acceptable and as a confirmed forum casual that chit may stay even longer than the last one

• Like 1

after india got creampied embarrassingly by those crumpet eating blokes, i dont think i can consider myself a fan of their cricket game anymore.

but my boys in green still have a shot at this. im pretty sure that if england loses to new zealand and pakistan beats bangladesh, then that should give pakistan a birth in the semi finals.  im hoping that new zealand and pakistan play the game of their lives, otherwise ill be stuck having nobody left to root for but india

either way youll never see idyb supporting team england, australia, or new zealand because those bottomfeeders all suck and all of you idiots cheer for them.  even when the going gets tough idyb will always remain a paki for life. but even if team green and the dream is dead, i would only hope that india goes on to take a steaming sh*t on all of your world cup dreams.

Edited by -idyb-

12 hours ago, crangs said:

lol, terms are acceptable and as a confirmed forum casual that chit may stay even longer than the last one

Lol, likewise.

Assuming i can even work out how to update it on this "new" site.

well boys today is the big day.  its the blokes vs the sheep fuckers. with much at stake.  this is gonna make or break Pakistan's hopes of advancing

LETS GO SHEEP FUCKERS!

Unless the NZ bowlers have a blinder last 20, and/or Williamson plays a world class innings today, this is going to be a struggle for your boys @crangs

Batting first on a belter is always England's best bet.  Lucky toss to win.

29 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Unless the NZ bowlers have a blinder last 20, and/or Williamson plays a world class innings today, this is going to be a struggle for your boys @crangs

Batting first on a belter is always England's best bet.  Lucky toss to win.

Lol.  15 minutes later we've put on 24 in 5 overs and lost 3 wickets!!

The cricinfo curse strikes again...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol.  15 minutes later we've put on 24 in 5 overs and lost 3 wickets!!

The cricinfo curse strikes again...

lol, looked like we were chasing 450 at one point.  that's comfortably 60+ runs too much for us to chase though.  That ball is staying lower than tuf's opinion of TLJ

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, crangs said:

lol, looked like we were chasing 450 at one point.  that's comfortably 60+ runs too much for us to chase though.  That ball is staying lower than tuf's opinion of TLJ

Yeah, i wasn't sad to see us struggle in the last 15 overs tbh; suggested the pitch had slowed down, rather than suddenly Stokes, Buttler and Morgan became cans.

You've got a chance whilst Williamson and Taylor are in though.  Those dudes can easily put on 150 in 25 overs.

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Yeah, i wasn't sad to see us struggle in the last 15 overs tbh; suggested the pitch had slowed down, rather than suddenly Stokes, Buttler and Morgan became cans.

You've got a chance whilst Williamson and Taylor are in though.  Those dudes can easily put on 150 in 25 overs.

lol, bet they got out as soon as you posted this.   Saw something like if We lost by 200 Pakistan would still have to win by 200. Operation  'give everyone a false sense of security' is well under way... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, crangs said:

lol, bet they got out as soon as you posted this.   Saw something like if We lost by 200 Pakistan would still have to win by 200. Operation  'give everyone a false sense of security' is well under way... 

Yep, pretty much!

I think you play the Aussies next. Will definitely be cheering for you against that bunch of ball tampering cheats. 

boo

the dream is all but dead and pakistan is all but officially eliminated

in order to advance Pakistan must beat the world record ODI cricket win (290 runs) to make it to the World Cup semi-final.

The full permutations are as follows:

• If Pakistan score 350, they must win by 311 runs.
  • If Pakistan score 400, they must win by 316 runs.
  • If Pakistan score 450, they must win by 321 runs.
  • If Bangladesh win the toss and choose to bat, Pakistan are out before a ball has been bowled.

yeah, team green needs a bloody miracle at this point.   looks like i have no choice but to root for india

Edited by -idyb-

2 hours ago, crangs said:

i think its bullsh*t

if two teams are tied for points and a semi final birth is on the line,  the top factor of determining who gets the nod should be the result of the game the two of them just played

pakistan beat both new zealand and england,  so if there was a 4th place tie in points beteen pakistan and either of those teams, pakistan should advance.    who gives a fook about runs? you could eliminate the entire team in just 9 or 10 pitches without the other team getting any runs and then win the game on their first bat with 1 run, and it would do nothing but punish them and f*ck them in advancing just because they delivered the greatest bowling performance the cricket world has ever seen

it should come down to points, followed by the result of the teams match against each other, and then have the runs and whatnot factored into it if say the teams couldnt play because it was rained out

basically pakistan has  gotta bat the game of their lives and bowl everybody out real fast against bangladesh, a team that isnt even in contention, just if they want to tie new zealand with 11 points in the standings, a team theyve already beat, and bump them for their spot.   and not only that but our tournament is over if bangladesh wins a coin toss and chooses to bat.   thats a load of BS

its liike in hockey there are multiple factors that determine tie breakers, but they all go in order. their total goal differential is factored in last, and only comes down to it if the two teams in question for some reason only played an even number of games against each other and ended up winning half and losing half.    it doesnt make sense how the cricket world cup doesnt seem to take the game the two teams play into consideration, or they seem to have Run Rate as a higher priority.

i mean if pakistan beats bangladesh, both new zealand and pakistan would have identical 5-3-1 records, but pakistan just creampied them last week in their game against each other, yet new zealand gets the nod unless pakistan can not only win, but pull off a miracle against some other sh*tty team that isnt even in the race.  how the hell does that make any logistical sense?

Edited by -idyb-

Lol. I love the weird permutations in cricket.  So because of the NRR thing, for Pakistan to qualify, they need to score 308, then bowl Bangladesh out for 0.  Or, if they make 350, they only need to bowl Bangladesh out for 38.

Conversely, no matter what the result, if Bangladesh bat first, Pakistan are out.  Even if they bowl them out for 0 and hit a 6 off the first ball.

Funny old game....

@crangs.  Your sig awaits.  Pleasure doing business with you.

Image result for joe root

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol. I love the weird permutations in cricket.  So because of the NRR thing, for Pakistan to qualify, they need to score 308, then bowl Bangladesh out for 0.  Or, if they make 350, they only need to bowl Bangladesh out for 38.

Conversely, no matter what the result, if Bangladesh bat first, Pakistan are out.  Even if they bowl them out for 0 and hit a 6 off the first ball.

Funny old game....

@crangs.  Your sig awaits.  Pleasure doing business with you.

Image result for joe root

I'll try find a smaller version of it.  Sparkart said no...

• Like 1

well boys even after destroying bangladesh.  team green and a dream is dead.  its truly a sad day for idyb and his canadian flag is flying at half mast. but at least pakistan went out with honour and righteousness rather than performing self-immolation by winning the toss and choosing to bowl

RIP

it was a good run, but im back on the India wagon now. we may not have 3 Mohammad's on our team, but i'm sure we'll get er done and make short work of the kiwis, aussies, and/or blokes

Tell me whatcha gonna do brother when team blue pulls out the horseshoe?

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

lol, Pakistan really should've avoided a prolapsed Angus against the Windies and then they might have made the 4

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, crangs said:

lol, Pakistan really should've avoided a prolapsed Angus against the Windies and then they might have made the 4

bro we would have pied Sri Lanka and gotten that extra point needed to send you sheep shaggers home.    the only reason you guys are still even in this tournament is because it rained on us

our match against the windy indies was just a test run and we didnt take it serious.  instead we ended up getting screwed out of the world cup this year because it rained and england lacks the testicular fortitude and the know-how on how to place a roof or even a tarp over their stadium.  talk about a third world country.

Just now, -idyb- said:

bro we would have pied Sri Lanka and gotten that extra point needed to send you sheep shaggers home.    the only reason you guys are still even in this tournament is because it rained on us

our match against the windy indies was just a test run and we didnt take it serious.  instead we ended up getting screwed out of the world cup this year because it rained and england lacks the testicular fortitude and the know-how on how to place a roof or even a tarp over their stadium.  talk about a third world country.

lol, Sri Lanka wouldve pushed that angus back in just to prolapse it again 

no we would have walked all over sri lanka. those guys are legit cans m8 

you sheep shagging kiwis are just fortunate that it rained on one of your games too because india would have thrown you for 5 and deep down you know that to be true . hell they would have beaten you in the rain too but you idiots decided to cop out and take a point. theyre still going to destroy you in the tournament anyways if youre even fortunate enough to get matched against them

we have identical records, we beat those sheep shaggers, yet somehow theyre the ones who get to move on. this tournament is rigged and pakistan was royally screwed. its gonna take me a while to get over this one,  but at least ive still got india left to cheer for

Edited by -idyb-

we beat new zealand. we beat england.  due to the rulebook and the rain we may not get our chance to get our revenge on australia in the world cup, but in november we're gonna diggle that angus for all 5 games

hopefully by then i'll be rid of this stupid avatar

Edited by -idyb-

Your boys looking tentative @crangs...but that pitch could be tougher than expected.  Batting first has been hard to stop lately so you're still well in this.

@OzStraya; are we going double or nothing on the Semi-Final?  I will keep her majesty in place for an extra month if you win the trifecta (rain, Warner v Root, result), and you will put an AV of my choosing for a month if we win.

Seem fair?  Don't pull me up on the fact that is technically not double or nothing.....

7 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Your boys looking tentative @crangs...but that pitch could be tougher than expected.  Batting first has been hard to stop lately so you're still well in this.

@OzStraya; are we going double or nothing on the Semi-Final?  I will keep her majesty in place for an extra month if you win the trifecta (rain, Warner v Root, result), and you will put an AV of my choosing for a month if we win.

Seem fair?  Don't pull me up on the fact that is technically not double or nothing.....

Take rain out of it,  and have the bet be double or nothing,  along with the time.  So,  we need both to win.  Also,  I reserve the right to change your av when we knock you out.  Seems fair :D

• Like 1

this is HUGE. i was about to make a new thread about it but mcmod would probably find a way to move it into the GSP megathread

Actress Sherlyn Chopra wishes Team India for the World Cup in a unique fashion

image.png.8d78d95b5dc6586bf448dee76a74f8df.png

https://crickettimes.com/2019/07/cwc-2019-actress-sherlyn-chopra-wishes-team-india-for-the-world-cup-in-a-unique-fashion/

In the clip, she sings in Hindi: “Yeah, haa, 83 me pehli baar, 2011 me number 2, karenge jamke vaar, Kiwi ho ya Kangaroo, Hitman maare chati century, ukhare gilli Bumrah ke Yorker, aao jitaye Team India ko, hausle apne zara buland kar, Go Team India, get the World Cup, Humara hain World Cup, kya.”

Edited by -idyb-
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Take rain out of it,  and have the bet be double or nothing,  along with the time.  So,  we need both to win.  Also,  I reserve the right to change your av when we knock you out.  Seems fair :D

Let's do it chief. 

May the best team win. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Let's do it chief. 

May the best team win. 

Come on mate at least give England some support! 

• Haha 1