Sign in to follow this  
Bubba_Sparks

Not Freddie van Halen's Thread about cricket and other GOAT commonwealth sports. Congratulations England on winning the world cup. Next up: the Ashes.

For the 3 thousandth reply Id like to take this opportunity to post this amazing hilights package for your entertainment.  

• Like 1

Lol. This is classic England in sports. Get to the top and then plummet down the other side. 

I'm expecting an embarrassing whitewash in the ashes. 

But hey. We'll still be world champions!

6 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol. This is classic England in sports. Get to the top and then plummet down the other side. 

I'm expecting an embarrassing whitewash in the ashes. 

But hey. We'll still be world champions*!

Fixed mate :)

First couple of days have been interesting. Smith the expected hero for Australia; a very unlikely hero for England though. I think we need to post 400+ to win this though. Batting last will be tough. Lyon still has a huge role to play. 

Also thanks for the reminder Freddie. How stupid of me. World cup is now over; on to the Ashes. Title updated. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

im f*cking pissed. 3 months until the next pakistan game where we will get our revenge against australia. the wait is killing me.

18 hours ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

ahh man totally thought you changed the name of this stupid thread 

bro u should watch a pakistan cricket game and youll love the sport. then soonafter you will live, breathe, bleed, and sweat pakistani cricket.     come find the light my brother

1 hour ago, crangs said:

the collapse is on

Always...

That old adage about add two wickets and see how the scoreline looks has to be add 4 wickets when England bat. 

3 hours ago, OzStraya said:

FB_IMG_1564996471787.jpg

That dirty cheat shouldn't even be playing!

Loss of Jimmy hit us big time in the second innings. Looked devoid of ideas. 

ouch.  That was a good hiding.  Lyon looking like Warnie out there.   Every England batsman looking like the kiwi great, Chris Martin 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crangs said:

ouch.  That was a good hiding.  Lyon looking like Warnie out there.   Every England batsman looking like the kiwi great, Chris Martin 😂

We're still revelling in the glow of winning the world cup. Too many players failed to step up. 

Need to get our act together quickly or those ashes are gone. 

A lot to address here, but most of can be summed up just by simply saying Steve Smith...

That is all

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SavageTC said:

A lot to address here, but most of can be summed up just by simply saying Steve Smith...

That is all

And my rebuttal would be sandpaper. 

Fair play though; couple of decent knocks. Unless archer turns out to be his nemesis, he's going to cause us some issues. 

Anyone remember when he was brought into the side mainly for his fielding???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

And my rebuttal would be sandpaper. 

Fair play though; couple of decent knocks. Unless archer turns out to be his nemesis, he's going to cause us some issues. 

Anyone remember when he was brought into the side mainly for his fielding???

Atherton, Broad, Panesar. 

Also your boys have a pretty well documented history of doctoring pitches to suit your players going back to 72 and Fusarium. 

Not that that has anything to do with the historic thrashing he gave. Id say after the class the English crowd displayed in the first few days makes it even more incredible that he performed under the kind of pressure that sees all but the true GOATS crumble.

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2019 at 11:50 PM, SavageTC said:

Atherton, Broad, Panesar. 

Also your boys have a pretty well documented history of doctoring pitches to suit your players going back to 72 and Fusarium. 

Not that that has anything to do with the historic thrashing he gave. Id say after the class the English crowd displayed in the first few days makes it even more incredible that he performed under the kind of pressure that sees all but the true GOATS crumble.

Lol.

Don't your hapless mob still boo Stuart broad 10 years after not walking (which every batsman not called Gilchrist does)? In fact your coach said he wanted the crowd to make him cry!!

Smith's despicable and unrepentant actions deserved at least two years; he missed a handful of T20s, a few meaningless warm up games and a pointless test series against a bunch of cans like Sri Lanka. Basically got to rest up and come back fresh for the world cup and the ashes. 

There's no doubt he's the best test batsman on the planet right now.... but he just shouldn't be playing again yet. Stokes missed more cricket than he did for punching some random oick. So I fully defend the barmy army's right to boo him and Warner. 

Good luck in the next test; may the best team win. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol.

Don't your hapless mob still boo Stuart broad 10 years after not walking (which every batsman not called Gilchrist does)? In fact your coach said he wanted the crowd to make him cry!!

Smith's despicable and unrepentant actions deserved at least two years; he missed a handful of T20s, a few meaningless warm up games and a pointless test series against a bunch of cans like Sri Lanka. Basically got to rest up and come back fresh for the world cup and the ashes. 

There's no doubt he's the best test batsman on the planet right now.... but he just shouldn't be playing again yet. Stokes missed more cricket than he did for punching some random oick. So I fully defend the barmy army's right to boo him and Warner. 

nintchdbpict000395502533.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crangs said:

nintchdbpict000395502533.jpg

Yes, he cried when he got banned. And because his old man copped some flack. 

When he was first caught he said he wouldn't step down and muttered some platitudes about learning from it. 

I have no sympathy for at least the next 9 months.

14 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol.

Lol unrepentant?

Our guys get caught and recieved the single harshest penalty for a similar incident in the history of the game, get lambasted by the entire cricketing world, even the prime minister put the boot in. Literally changes the culture of the game.

Your boys get caught and recieve OBEs lol

And yes id say Broad still probably gets the occasional booing over here, he is after all a ball tampering cheat and a chit bloke lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SavageTC said:

Lol unrepentant?

Our guys get caught and recieved the single harshest penalty for a similar incident in the history of the game, get lambasted by the entire cricketing world, even the prime minister put the boot in. Literally changes the culture of the game.

Your boys get caught and recieve OBEs lol

And yes id say Broad still probably gets the occasional booing over here, he is after all a ball tampering cheat and a chit bloke lol

This nebulous 'your boys got caught ' needs more details mate. Surely you're not talking about SA in 2010?? This was sour grapes allegations when the game was well and done. 

They got the harshest penalty because it was the most clear cut and cowardly act of ball tampering ever seen. And they still missed no games of any substance whatsoever. 

You're starting to sound as casual as @OzStraya mate. It's not a good look!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

This nebulous 'your boys got caught ' needs more details mate. Surely you're not talking about SA in 2010?? This was sour grapes allegations when the game was well and done. 

They got the harshest penalty because it was the most clear cut and cowardly act of ball tampering ever seen. And they still missed no games of any substance whatsoever. 

You're starting to sound as casual as @OzStraya mate. It's not a good look!

Broad was SA 2010, to quote Nasser Hussain "If a player from any other country did the same, we'd have said they were cheating". I have to respect the views of the Skipper on that one.

Atherton, Panesar and most of the curators and groundskeepers of Englands fine cricket grounds should need little explanation

The ICC actually gave Smith and co a match fine and a two game ban for the incident if i remember correctly, it was CA that imposed said harshest penalties for what would more fittingly be described as the stupidest, or most embarrassingly inept act of ball tampering in recent memory. Rubbing any artificial substance into or tampering with the ball to gain advantage is all in the same shameful book. As the forum lawyer i shouldnt have to remind you to put aside your bias, they were caught, held accountable and served their sentences.

Now I think ill take the gentlemanly route and ignore that casual remark, and say Good day!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SavageTC said:

Broad was SA 2010, to quote Nasser Hussain "If a player from any other country did the same, we'd have said they were cheating". I have to respect the views of the Skipper on that one.

Atherton, Panesar and most of the curators and groundskeepers of Englands fine cricket grounds should need little explanation

The ICC actually gave Smith and co a match fine and a two game ban for the incident if i remember correctly, it was CA that imposed said harshest penalties for what would more fittingly be described as the stupidest, or most embarrassingly inept act of ball tampering in recent memory. Rubbing any artificial substance into or tampering with the ball to gain advantage is all in the same shameful book. As the forum lawyer i shouldnt have to remind you to put aside your bias, they were caught, held accountable and served their sentences.

Now I think ill take the gentlemanly route and ignore that casual remark, and say Good day!

A fitting conclusion to our debate. I'm happy to leave it there. I would agree actually that CA handled things pretty well. 

• Like 1

ball tampering is a serious crime and anybody caught doing it should get the chair

an honourable team like pakistan would never resort to those shenanigans

• Like 1

*and the humble kiwi just goes about his day quietly...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, crangs said:

*and the humble kiwi just goes about his day quietly...

Great, now i feel like a carnt for mentioning the Wallabies...

Bloody insufferably nice Kiwis. You know youre not CANadian right?

😂

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, SavageTC said:

Great, now i feel like a carnt for mentioning the Wallabies...

Bloody insufferably nice Kiwis. You know youre not CANadian right?

😂

hey fuck you man that was uncalled for.  one day canada will have a cricket team, and we will go on to win the world cup and take over the cricket world. and then you'll all be sorry.

Edited by -idyb-

1 hour ago, -idyb- said:

hey fuck you man that was uncalled for.  one day canada will have a cricket team, and we will go on to win the world cup and take over the cricket world. and then you'll all be sorry.

World Cup: Australia Vs Canada

MARCH 16, 2011 20:56

Australia rolled over a winless Canadian side in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 with much ease after a 183-run partnership from openers Brad Haddin and Shane Watson.

World Cup: Australia vs Canada

Canada's John Davison waves to the crowd after playing in his final match before retirement in their World Cup cricket match against Australia. (AFP Photo)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

World Cup: Australia Vs Canada

MARCH 16, 2011 20:56

Australia rolled over a winless Canadian side in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 with much ease after a 183-run partnership from openers Brad Haddin and Shane Watson.

World Cup: Australia vs Canada

Canada's John Davison waves to the crowd after playing in his final match before retirement in their World Cup cricket match against Australia. (AFP Photo)

one day we will have an actual cricket team. not just a team.

On 8/10/2019 at 12:44 AM, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol.

Thing is,  despite his failings Steve is a good bloke.  Broad,  is a chit bloke.  

@Bubba_Sparks What the hell mate? Lords remains the worst cricket ground on earth. At least the guy in your av is suitably dressed and won't get his mustache wet! 

31 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

@Bubba_Sparks What the hell mate? Lords remains the worst cricket ground on earth. At least the guy in your av is suitably dressed and won't get his mustache wet! 

That's no way to speak of the home of cricket. 

I passed through London yesterday; it was bloody miserable. Apparently it's been warm and dry for the past 2 weeks but when the test match rolls into town it's a different story. 

8 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

That's no way to speak of the home of cricket. 

I passed through London yesterday; it was bloody miserable. Apparently it's been warm and dry for the past 2 weeks but when the test match rolls into town it's a different story. 

If Lords is the home of cricket how come we don't play on a 2 and a half metre downhill sloped pitch everywhere else? 

Edited by OzStraya

54 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

If Lords is the home of cricket how come we don't play on a 2 and a half metre downhill sloped pitch everywhere else? 

Smh, you millenials just want drop in pitches with no character so that it can rain boundaries.

That's the beauty of cricket; the variability.  All the best pitches have a quirk, such as a tree growing in the outfield, a slope, or maybe a couple of beehives on the boundary.

• Haha 1

not enough wickets fell today for a result

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, crangs said:

not enough wickets fell today for a result

Only takes a session to bowl England out mate. This is a result pitch. 

• Haha 2

Only takes a session to bowl England out mate. This is a result pitch. 

this is true though you now have 11 players that can hold a bat and not 10 plus Moeen Ali.  that's worth at least a dozen balls

• Haha 2

Damm Archer is seriously quick. Reminiscent of prime Mitch; if he can keep hold of his line and length more consistently than Johnson he's got the raw pace to do very well in all forms. 

Think this one will probably meander to a draw now but the ashes is definitely hotting up a bit. With Jimmy hopefully back for the next test we could have a nasty attack. 

Glad Smith is not badly hurt from that ball. Respect to him for coming back on. 

• Like 1

1178242_1296x729.jpg&w=920&h=518&scale=c

Test cricket might just return to Pakistan later this year. Sri Lanka could be open to playing at least one Test in the country, after a security delegation visited Lahore and Karachi, and gave SLC "very positive feedback". If everything goes to plan, Pakistan could host its first Test match since the Lahore attack on Sri Lanka's team bus in March 2009.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27404992/sri-lanka-mull-playing-test-cricket-pakistan

hell yeah boys.   the only announcement that could possibly be any better than this would be if gsp announces he is coming out of retirement to fight khabib the great.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 12:49 AM, Bubba_Sparks said:

Damm Archer is seriously quick. Reminiscent of prime Mitch; if he can keep hold of his line and length more consistently than Johnson he's got the raw pace to do very well in all forms. 

Think this one will probably meander to a draw now but the ashes is definitely hotting up a bit. With Jimmy hopefully back for the next test we could have a nasty attack. 

Glad Smith is not badly hurt from that ball. Respect to him for coming back on. 

Mate that Barbadosian's fastest over is a light warm up for the likes of Starc, Mitch and Tait 😂  

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Mate that Barbadosian's fastest over is a light warm up for the likes of Starc, Mitch and Tait 😂  

He's bowled the 5 fastest balls of the series so far mate. And he's just getting quicker.... this series is ALIVE

He's bowled the 5 fastest balls of the series so far mate. And he's just getting quicker.... this series is ALIVE

Keywords!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

Keywords!  

... of the series in which starc has also bowled...

Don't make me dig out the 'Mitchell Johnson bowls wide filth ' video. 

31 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

... of the series in which starc has also bowled...

Don't make me dig out the 'Mitchell Johnson bowls wide filth ' video. 

Barbados probably bowled downhill only, Starc bowled from the other end 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

Barbados probably bowled downhill only, Starc bowled from the other end 

Absolute causal confirmed. 

Starc didn't play this test match. And the Lord's slope goes side to side... there is no downhill or uphill. 

At this point I'm pretty sure idyb knows more about cricket.