Photo

Should the UFC Hall of Fame be changed to the Zuffa Hall of Fame?

ufc hall of fame mma hall of fame zuffa hall of fame

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the UFC HOF be changed to the Zuffa HOF? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the UFC HOF be changed to the Zuffa HOF?

1. Yes (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. No (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 StocktonOverrated

StocktonOverrated
  • Free
  • 751 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:31 AM

Should the UFC Hall of Fame be changed to the Zuffa Hall of Fame so that other personalities from organizations purchased by Zuffa (e.g., Pride, Strikeforce, Affliction, and WEC) also be eligible for the Hall of Fame?  This would make accomplishments in those other leagues relevent to future Hall of Fame inductions.  Like for...

Fedor Emlianenko

Urijah Faber

The Nogueira brothers

Mirko "CroCop" Filipovic

Wanderlei Silva

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Alistair Overeem

Dan Henderson

Takanori Gomi

Mauro Ranallo

Gina Carano

Edited by fonzob1, 09 August 2014 - 08:51 AM.

#2 waikru

waikru

UFC President

• Free
  • 11,208 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:35 AM

We just need a MMA HOF. The accomplishments in the other organizations do have value regardless of what the Zuffa zombies believe.

• Eclipse76, classicboxer, Weidman_Te_GOAT and 1 other like this
On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

#3 StocktonOverrated

StocktonOverrated
  • Free
  • 751 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

I still think it would broaden the inductions in a good way though.

Edited by fonzob1, 09 August 2014 - 08:36 AM.

• waikru likes this

#4 waikru

waikru

UFC President

• Free
  • 11,208 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

I still think it would broaden the inductions in a good way though.

True and it would include most of the relevant organizations from the past. 

On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

#5 TheSinisterUrge

TheSinisterUrge

PakaL filter

• Free
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationHampton Roads, VA

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

Absolutely. There are a host of MMA fighters who never fought in the UFC that deserve recognition. 

• Eclipse76, waikru and StocktonOverrated like this

tumblr-m3kzthedut1rr6v0ao1-400.gif

#6 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000

Nerd

• Moderators
  • 6,847 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:46 AM

We just need a MMA HOF. The accomplishments in the other organizations do have value regardless of what the Zuffa zombies believe.

I don't think they necessarily have value with regards to the UFC Hall of Fame, but I agree, there should be an overall MMA Hall of Fame that takes into account what fighters have done across all organizations.

• PakaL and waikru like this

Xbox Live || Playstation Network || Nintendo Network || Steam || Twitter

Live Events Attended: UFC 83: Serra vs. St. Pierre 2, UFC 97: Redemption, UFC 114: Jackson vs. Evans + Fan Expo, MMA: The Reckoning, UFC 129: St. Pierre vs. Shields + Fan Expo, Bellator 47, UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida, Bellator 67, Ultimate Fighter Live Finale, UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen, UFC 165: Jones vs. Gustafsson, and Bellator 119.

#7 StocktonOverrated

StocktonOverrated
  • Free
  • 751 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

I don't think they necessarily have value with regards to the UFC Hall of Fame, but I agree, there should be an overall MMA Hall of Fame that takes into account what fighters have done across all organizations.

I think that an MMA Hall of Fame will come many years later once the sport has more notariety in the US.  It is a relatively young sport in the meantime with only 20 years or so under its belt.  The UFC Hall of Fame is really just publicity that grows the sport (whether it is intended that way or not).  Zuffa expanding that to include other organizations it has purchased would allow better, more expansive inductions.  Dana White considering inducting the entire TUF 1 cast is ridiculous.

Edited by fonzob1, 09 August 2014 - 08:56 AM.

• waikru likes this

#8 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000

Nerd

• Moderators
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

Dana White considering inducting the entire TUF 1 cast is ridiculous.

It's not a decision I would make, or one that I agree with, but given what that first season did for the sport, and the UFC, I don't think it's ridiculous.

Live Events Attended: UFC 83: Serra vs. St. Pierre 2, UFC 97: Redemption, UFC 114: Jackson vs. Evans + Fan Expo, MMA: The Reckoning, UFC 129: St. Pierre vs. Shields + Fan Expo, Bellator 47, UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida, Bellator 67, Ultimate Fighter Live Finale, UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen, UFC 165: Jones vs. Gustafsson, and Bellator 119.

#9 StocktonOverrated

StocktonOverrated
  • Free
  • 751 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

It's not a decision I would make, or one that I agree with, but given what that first season did for the sport, and the UFC, I don't think it's ridiculous.

I do because some of those guys did virtually nothing. 

Would you also support inducting all of the fighters from the very first UFC I tournament?  There are some names on there that I do not think belong, but it would make just as much sense.

Final Weight class       Method Round Time Notes N/A Royce Gracie def. Gerard Gordeau Submission (rear-naked choke)   1:44   Semi-finals N/A Royce Gracie def. Ken Shamrock Submission (rear-naked choke)   0:57   N/A Gerard Gordeau def. Kevin Rosier TKO (corner stoppage)   0:59   Quarter-finals N/A Ken Shamrock def. Patrick Smith Submission (heel hook)   1:49   N/A Royce Gracie def. Art Jimmerson Submission (mount)   2:18   N/A Kevin Rosier def. Zane Frazier TKO Corner Stoppage (Head Stomps)   4:20   N/A Gerard Gordeau def. Teila Tuli TKO (head kick)   0:26   Alternate bout N/A Jason DeLucia def. Trent Jenkins Submission (rear-naked choke)   0:52  
  • classicboxer likes this

#10 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000

Nerd

• Moderators
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

Would you also support inducting all of the fighters from the very first UFC I tournament?

I would say the same about that. I wouldn't do it if it were my decision, nor would I agree with that decision if they made it, but I don't think it would be an outrageous decision to make.

• StocktonOverrated likes this

#11 zaksame

zaksame
  • Free
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

Any HOF sport i have seen is a joke,sooner or later far too many inductees just ruins the integrity of it.

Then you have refs,judges,geesh i bet Dana makes sure he and the Nelly Fertita's are inducted,then weigh in people,celebs,coach's the whole works.It becomes more of a men's club than a true HOF.

Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.

#12 JChristian522

JChristian522
  • Elite
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, NC. USA

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

It won't happen unless an organization outside of the UFC does it. i.e. the Naismith Memorial Basketball HOF. It would have to be like all the other pro sports do it where there is an outside entity. The only ironic thing is is that most of the inductees in all major pro sports comes from the states and play pro in the states. They don't really have the problem of looking outside of stateside. Its slightly unprecedented for MMA as there are greats all over the planet.

Pick Statistics: Win-Lose-Draw(NC)
2014 Pick'em Rank: 1,189
2014 Record: 236-164-1(1) : 59%
Last Event: (UFN 54) 8-4 : 66.6%
Best Event: (UFC 178) 10-1 : 90.9%
Worst Event: (UFN 38) 2-8-1 : 20%

#13 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Winter is coming

• Free
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

There needs to be a "don't care I'm not American" option.

I'm curious, do people genuinely get pleased/peed off if there favourite players get inducted or not?  We just don't do HOFs over here.

Sig D-Day: 25th October

#14 StocktonOverrated

StocktonOverrated
  • Free
  • 751 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

There needs to be a "don't care I'm not American" option.

I'm curious, do people genuinely get pleased/peed off if there favourite players get inducted or not?  We just don't do HOFs over here.

People do tend to take it seriously here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ufc hall of fame, mma hall of fame, zuffa hall of fame