Photo

Not sure if this is something thats "ok" to discuss here....

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OfWolfandMan

OfWolfandMan

connoisseur of fine bourbon

• Free
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationThe Cuban Can Gassed & Cheated, but Kennedys ****stache is auto DQ

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:46 AM

....but there is alot of chatter about raising the minimum wage where I live, and other places (obviously different amounts in different places).

Normally I tend to ignore political/philosophical discussion online due to the inevitable ****storm that becomes of it, but, this is an issue that has a significant affect on all of us that many are being decieved into thinking is a good thing & has merit.

The common narrative being touted by the advocates is that the min wage must be raised in order to help those on it afford certain nessecities.

That really, REALLY irks the **** out of me! I dont know about the rest of you, and I am sure there will be many different opinions, but why on earth anyone would think the min wage is an acceptable rate to settle on is beyond me. I will be labled a hateful, judgemental, ignorant prick for saying this, but it really needs to be said - those who settle & remain on min wage for extended periods of time (avg more than 6 months to a year) are generally slackers & screw ups. Any person who strives to earn more by effort/merit will not remain on min wage for long. Thus, raising the min wage will not only encourage some to be content with it, it will also send a message that mediocrity is acceptable and will be rewarded.

I busted my **** to earn more than min wage and it really is a slap in the face to hard working people everywhere to reward mediocre behavior with more money that others had to earn.

Edited by OfWolfandMan, 12 August 2014 - 05:50 AM.

ronda-rousey-buffalo-sponsored-athlete-3

#2 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:59 AM

Look, waiters are already making $75K a year and taking vacations all over the place. What more do you people want?

• juice64011, Bubba_Sparks, _MMA_FTW_ and 3 others like this

#3 OfWolfandMan

OfWolfandMan

• Free
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

Look, waiters are already making $75K a year and taking vacations all over the place. What more do you people want?

Who is "you people"?

#4 sobercuban

sobercuban

MMA Visionary

• Moderators
  • 28,120 posts
  • LocationSober, Cuban

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

Lol +1
  • carnages41, Hellequin, Uncle_Polo and 1 other like this
< -- click one

#5 OfWolfandMan

OfWolfandMan

• Free
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:49 AM

Lol +1

Please explain that one to me...obviously I'm not in on his insider joke..

#6 sobercuban

sobercuban

MMA Visionary

• Moderators
  • 28,120 posts
  • LocationSober, Cuban

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

Please explain that one to me...obviously I'm not in on his insider joke..

Just read BJJNoob or whatever's threads
  • Uncle_Polo and -Richard like this
< -- click one

#7 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 8,344 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

Just read BJJNoob or whatever's threads

This. We can't fill you in on months of conversations.

• Uncle_Polo and -Richard like this

MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion
Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion

#8 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Winter is coming

• Free
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:38 AM

Who is "you people"?

Service industry people.

410560975.jpg

Tread carefully or you will find yourself here

http://forums.ufcfig...e-naughty-step/

#9 OfWolfandMan

OfWolfandMan

• Free
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

This. We can't fill you in on months of conversations.

Summarize...."person X believes in regulations and wants to raise the min wage as high as possible..etc..etc.."

#10 -Richard

-Richard
  • Free
  • 7,197 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

Summarize...."person X believes in regulations and wants to raise the min wage as high as possible..etc..etc.."

Noob is a whiny lil bish that thinks he is owed for doing his job

• juice64011, _MMA_FTW_ and Uncle_Polo like this

y5nBXv.jpg

#11 LennyTheBat

LennyTheBat
  • Free
  • 475 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

....but there is alot of chatter about raising the minimum wage where I live, and other places (obviously different amounts in different places).

Normally I tend to ignore political/philosophical discussion online due to the inevitable ****storm that becomes of it, but, this is an issue that has a significant affect on all of us that many are being decieved into thinking is a good thing & has merit.

The common narrative being touted by the advocates is that the min wage must be raised in order to help those on it afford certain nessecities.

That really, REALLY irks the **** out of me! I dont know about the rest of you, and I am sure there will be many different opinions, but why on earth anyone would think the min wage is an acceptable rate to settle on is beyond me. I will be labled a hateful, judgemental, ignorant prick for saying this, but it really needs to be said - those who settle & remain on min wage for extended periods of time (avg more than 6 months to a year) are generally slackers & screw ups. Any person who strives to earn more by effort/merit will not remain on min wage for long. Thus, raising the min wage will not only encourage some to be content with it, it will also send a message that mediocrity is acceptable and will be rewarded.

I busted my **** to earn more than min wage and it really is a slap in the face to hard working people everywhere to reward mediocre behavior with more money that others had to earn.

It's not a merit raise -- more of a cost of living adjustment. Also, in case you didn't know -- money trickles up, not down. So any money working folks have ends up in the hands of small businesses and corporations. Everybody wins -- (I think)

#12 classicboxer

classicboxer

AKA Jamarcus Rustle

• Free
  • 12,703 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

Not just minimum wage workers, but EVERY worker historically has had to fight for every penny they can get for working. Throughout history the workers have been paid as little as possible. When the workers would no longer accept this, their jobs went to third world countries.

• LennyTheBat likes this
Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors