UFC 178

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 FightClubber

FightClubber
  • UFC Admin
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Jon Jones is out of  UFC 178 w/ a leg injury. Jones vs Cormier moves to UFC 182. Demetrious Johnson vs Chris Cariaso moves to UFC 178.

Please stay tuned to ufc.com for news on tickets and refunds. 

• tcl660 likes this
Yes... I am the Fight Club Manager.

#2 Rowey77

Rowey77
  • Ultimate
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

I'm flying all the way from Australia to see jones vs Cormier for the weekend now to find out this card is being replaced by a **** flyweight! Ufc better bring someone big in or I'm flying to vegas for a fox sports card! What's disgrace! Biggest card of the year now one of the worst! I wouldn't even book this as a main event let alone fly to vegas for the weekend! Come on Dana white produce something!

Edited by Mcmax3000, 12 August 2014 - 03:26 PM.
Please refrain from bypassing the swear filter.

• jacqie likes this

#3 juice64011

juice64011
  • Free
  • 7,745 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

There is no way that the ufc is moving anymore big fights to that card when its only 6 weeks away. The tickets are already sold so the ufc doesn't care about some complaints.

Edited by juice64011, 12 August 2014 - 03:12 PM.

MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion
Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion

#4 FightClubber

FightClubber
  • UFC Admin
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

There is no way that the ufc is moving anymore big fights to that card when its only 6 weeks away. The tickets are already sold so the ufc doesn't care about some complaints.

Actually you are able to get refunds on your tickets via your point of sale. The deadline for refunds is August 22. (as stated in the press release) Stay tuned to ufc.com for all updates to the card and other announcements. 

• Rowey77 likes this
Yes... I am the Fight Club Manager.

#5 Pigs_on_the_Wing

Pigs_on_the_Wing
  • Free
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

They're offering refunds already.

I despise the UFC for spreading the cards so thin and having events so often. THe hype and anticipation for some of these fights could be unbelievable. Instead we have sub par events creeping up on me 6 times a month to the point i don't even know who's fighting when anymore. Instead we have a system where its damn near impossible to create big stars of the sport. They just don't give enough time to stop and get invested in these fighters.

If im watching the NFL i don't want to see CFL level teams along side them. I want the premier of football and i won't get that with the CFL. Yet the UFC has decided to do the equivalent of this.

#6 bigdw35

bigdw35

MMA FREAK

• Moderators
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

Yes refunds are being offered. Still sux though
"ONLY THING WE HAVE TO FEAR...IS FEAR ITSELF"

#7 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000

Nerd

• Moderators
  • 6,916 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

I'm flying all the way from Australia to see jones vs Cormier for the weekend now to find out this card is being replaced by a **** flyweight! Ufc better bring someone big in or I'm flying to vegas for a fox sports card! What's disgrace! Biggest card of the year now one of the worst! I wouldn't even book this as a main event let alone fly to vegas for the weekend! Come on Dana white produce something!

There's nobody else. Any other PPV headliner (AKA champion) is recovering from injury, except for Dillashaw, who is fighting at the end of this month.

Xbox Live || Playstation Network || Nintendo Network || Steam || Twitter

Live Events Attended: UFC 83: Serra vs. St. Pierre 2, UFC 97: Redemption, UFC 114: Jackson vs. Evans + Fan Expo, MMA: The Reckoning, UFC 129: St. Pierre vs. Shields + Fan Expo, Bellator 47, UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida, Bellator 67, Ultimate Fighter Live Finale, UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen, UFC 165: Jones vs. Gustafsson, and Bellator 119.

#8 -richard

-richard
  • Free
  • 5,941 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

Mcmod, unpinned this and pin your thread, its much better

y5nBXv.jpg

#9 Ozpride

Ozpride

New World Order

• Free
  • 5,342 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

Gus asked for the fight

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

#10 lapo

lapo
  • Ultimate
  • 372 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:19 PM

Can someone please help me understand what "refunds on tickets via your point of sale" means?

#11 Pigs_on_the_Wing

Pigs_on_the_Wing
  • Free
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

Can someone please help me understand what "refunds on tickets via your point of sale" means?

I believe it means where and how you paid for it.

• Mcmax3000 likes this
I despise the UFC for spreading the cards so thin and having events so often. THe hype and anticipation for some of these fights could be unbelievable. Instead we have sub par events creeping up on me 6 times a month to the point i don't even know who's fighting when anymore. Instead we have a system where its damn near impossible to create big stars of the sport. They just don't give enough time to stop and get invested in these fighters.

If im watching the NFL i don't want to see CFL level teams along side them. I want the premier of football and i won't get that with the CFL. Yet the UFC has decided to do the equivalent of this.

#12 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000

Nerd

• Moderators
  • 6,916 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

It means get the refund from the same place you purchased them from.
  • FightClubber likes this

Live Events Attended: UFC 83: Serra vs. St. Pierre 2, UFC 97: Redemption, UFC 114: Jackson vs. Evans + Fan Expo, MMA: The Reckoning, UFC 129: St. Pierre vs. Shields + Fan Expo, Bellator 47, UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida, Bellator 67, Ultimate Fighter Live Finale, UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen, UFC 165: Jones vs. Gustafsson, and Bellator 119.

#13 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000

Nerd

• Moderators
  • 6,916 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Mcmod, unpinned this and pin your thread, its much better

Nope. I'm actually the one that pinned this thread in the first place.

#14 Yesterdays_Hero

Yesterdays_Hero
  • Free
  • 25,501 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

Teemu smited that can down

• Polo likes this

#15 PakaL

PakaL

Forseti

• Elite
  • 6,441 posts
  • LocationGlitner

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:17 PM

Gus VS Jones... JJ jumped out of the frying pan and into the FIRE...

HanDGuN kungFOO mixxed with AK karate(KiLLuminatti)

Belfort~EL GuapO~GraciE~The Truth

Nemesis2Few^inspiration2many~Veni~Vidi~Vici~

Weidman,GunGoat,Cookie monsteR,Moraga,Scareface,MauleR,Skyscraper&HondA HouseY all inspiring.

Chuck~GSP~norriS
Jon 12 gauge Jones ... the liberal heart breaker lol
KingzombiE`aka`StundonG 2 Strong
The Notorious Conor Mcgregor ='s MMA's 2pac
Forseti the gr8
Animated Gifs Animated Gifs

"@TeemuSelanne, I'm sorry man. I did learn in school that it's not nice to pick on the handicapped, but I did not learn what to do if they try to punch me.I had to body him." ~cashflow 2014 X
"LoL is dota for retarded children." ~TeemuSelanne 2014 X

"Pakal, homie. J.J. destroyed all your heroes, you need that deep introspection to discover the root of your hurt feels. You live in the mid west, correct? I know a rare introspectionist who only has one cousin she's ****. I know that is rare for your part of the country, but that's what makes this introspectionist so special. I'll pm you her number homie. " cole1186 2014 X

"I watch all the fights so that isn't a solid argument directed at me." poloGOAT 2014

"Am I in the bunny ranch click?" ~manhoef 2014

"I would recruit cole into the bunny ranch click, but Conor MCgoat already made him grab a belt loop." ~PAKAL 2014

"K I'll need your address, phone number, and credit card info to book a flight. I'll reimburse you after I hand you down jur proper beating." ~Homie^Cole 2014

Enemy ambushed & destroyed tally X X X
Times ambushed 0

#16 frank.reynolds

frank.reynolds
  • Ultimate
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

Pure ****! It's typical that this news comes out after tickets go on sale! I'm also travelling from Australia, flights, accommodation and a pretty expensive ticket all payed for. If Gus wants to, he should fight DC at 178 or anything else, not flyweights! Dana pull your finger out!! The fact I'm Irish, I'm still pumped to see notorious put on a show

#17 juice64011

juice64011
  • Free
  • 7,745 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

They're offering refunds already.

Of course they are, they do that with basically every main event change. Most will still attend and they will resell most of the tickets that people return. They arent going to rearrange more cards or make someone fight short notice after replacing one title fight with another.

MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion
Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion

#18 JChristian522

JChristian522
  • Elite
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, NC. USA

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:36 AM

Quite honestly, this is actually one of the best cards of the year. With Jones and Cormier it was definitely over the top.

Pick Statistics: Win-Lose-Draw(NC)
2014 Pick'em Rank: 1,189
2014 Record: 236-164-1(1) : 59%
Last Event: (UFN 54) 8-4 : 66.6%
Best Event: (UFC 178) 10-1 : 90.9%
Worst Event: (UFN 38) 2-8-1 : 20%

#19 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000

Nerd

• Moderators
  • 6,916 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:00 AM

Pure ****! It's typical that this news comes out after tickets go on sale! I'm also travelling from Australia, flights, accommodation and a pretty expensive ticket all payed for. If Gus wants to, he should fight DC at 178 or anything else, not flyweights! Dana pull your finger out!! The fact I'm Irish, I'm still pumped to see notorious put on a show

Gustafsson can't fight on this card. This is the same show he pulled out of due to injury. If he could've fought on this card, we never would've been talking about Jones/Cormier in the first place.

#20 PATSTER

PATSTER
  • Free
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:19 AM

Mighty Mouse is an amazing fighter. Stop complaining and get a refund if you don't like to watch Flyweights (Arguably the best division).

Brown - 1, 2, and 5        Diaz - 1, 2, 3, and 5

Fighter Stock Thread Champion

Back to Back to Back Prediction Tournament Champion (10, 11, and Tournament of Champions) #TBE

#21 zaksame

zaksame
  • Free
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:31 AM

You couldn't pay me 300 bucks to go watch Mighty Mouse.Men fighting at children's weights turns me right off.

I was interested in DC-Jones because i like both fighters,both are smart fighters.However losing that match i have lost interest in the rest of the card.

Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.

#22 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Winter is coming

• Free
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:04 AM

Nope. I'm actually the one that pinned this thread in the first place.

How does this get pinned but Thread about Cricket gets unpinned??

Sig D-Day: 25th October

#23 Polo

Polo

GOAT

• Free
  • 14,023 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:04 AM

LoL Cricket

• sobercuban likes this

408060344.jpg

Daniel Cormier turns fans into retards.

#24 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000

Nerd

• Moderators
  • 6,916 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

Because this is important UFC news on a UFC forum.

#25 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Winter is coming

• Free
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

Because this is important UFC news on a UFC forum.

That is an extremely difficult point to argue against.

Interestingly, my cricket thread went down better here than my UFC thread went down on the cricket forum.

Sig D-Day: 25th October

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UFC 178