• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 sdboltz

sdboltz
  • Free
  • 844 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

http://www.mmamania....air-overeem-mma

That's what happens when you train with GOATREEM.

• JohnnyZadar, Polo and StocktonOverrated like this
Sig bet record 18-4

Team REEM!!!

#2 PakaL

PakaL

Forseti

• Elite
  • 6,431 posts
  • LocationGlitner

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

JJ would never beat CAIN that super fight is out the window... Cormier is going to rag doll that fool lol

HanDGuN kungFOO mixxed with AK karate(KiLLuminatti)

Belfort~EL GuapO~GraciE~The Truth

Nemesis2Few^inspiration2many~Veni~Vidi~Vici~

Weidman,GunGoat,Cookie monsteR,Moraga,Scareface,MauleR,Skyscraper&HondA HouseY all inspiring.

Chuck~GSP~norriS
Jon 12 gauge Jones ... the liberal heart breaker lol
KingzombiE`aka`StundonG 2 Strong
The Notorious Conor Mcgregor ='s MMA's 2pac
Forseti the gr8
Animated Gifs Animated Gifs

"@TeemuSelanne, I'm sorry man. I did learn in school that it's not nice to pick on the handicapped, but I did not learn what to do if they try to punch me.I had to body him." ~cashflow 2014 X
"LoL is dota for retarded children." ~TeemuSelanne 2014 X

"Pakal, homie. J.J. destroyed all your heroes, you need that deep introspection to discover the root of your hurt feels. You live in the mid west, correct? I know a rare introspectionist who only has one cousin she's ****. I know that is rare for your part of the country, but that's what makes this introspectionist so special. I'll pm you her number homie. " cole1186 2014 X

"I watch all the fights so that isn't a solid argument directed at me." poloGOAT 2014

"Am I in the bunny ranch click?" ~manhoef 2014

"I would recruit cole into the bunny ranch click, but Conor MCgoat already made him grab a belt loop." ~PAKAL 2014

"K I'll need your address, phone number, and credit card info to book a flight. I'll reimburse you after I hand you down jur proper beating." ~Homie^Cole 2014

Enemy ambushed & destroyed tally X X X
Times ambushed 0

#3 Spartacus__

Spartacus__

Anderson Is Still The GOAT

• Free
  • 8,456 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

So... Jones tapped to a Reem takedown attempt, lmao

Cormier is finna throw him for 5

• juice64011, Eclipse76, TheSinisterUrge and 4 others like this

#4 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 11,708 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

Jones use to be a warrior... than he took an Allistair to the knee. 

• DoomPatrol, juice64011, StompGrind and 5 others like this

lol no. Rockhold fought Prime Jardine right after he destroyed Mousasi. Bisping's biggest win is a loss to Hamill

#5 Spartacus__

Spartacus__

• Free
  • 8,456 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

I can't deny I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping someone had stomped on his knee

#6 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 17,550 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

Obvious phoney story is obvious.

Like Overeem has ever even tried a TD.

• JohnnyZadar and I_would_bang_McGreGOAT like this

#7 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 11,708 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:57 AM

dem injuries doe. inb4 Pettis detaches his retina in a staredown or sumtin

10611286_1449593461981665_311147269_n.jp

• PakaL, Eclipse76, I_would_bang_McGreGOAT and 2 others like this

lol no. Rockhold fought Prime Jardine right after he destroyed Mousasi. Bisping's biggest win is a loss to Hamill

#8 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,298 posts
  • LocationThe mean streets of Cajun country

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

Do you even read? It was Jon that was going for a TD and had the wrong footing and twisted his knee and it popped. 

The funny thing to me is at the Q & A Reem showed up & Jon mentioned Reem is the real deal and gave him the compliment great sparring partner. Right then and there i knew he was responsible for that cut and now his knee. In reality Reem probably low kicked him or maybe it was a TD attempt and Jon just met an unstoppable force immovable object. 

Reem has a history of hurting sparring partners and being selfish and terrible to train with. 

This sure is convenient for Jon though. Now he has more time to study and prepare for DC and he can hope DC over trains, burns out and doesn't peak properly and he can also hope DC gets injured himself so he can avoid that fight all together. He can't duck forever though and he'll get bodied if he moves up to HW. 

• DoomPatrol likes this

#9 Spartacus__

Spartacus__

• Free
  • 8,456 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

Do you even read? It was Jon that was going for a TD and had the wrong footing and twisted his knee and it popped. 

You should read it again.

• sobercuban likes this

#10 najma

najma

MMA expert

• Free
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:28 AM

AHAHHAHHAHAHAHhhahahahahhaha, dude, that's one of the funniest comments EVAHR.

Sholler looks like he's about to start throwing punches at them out of nervousness.

#11 skullbone

skullbone
  • Free
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

I don't know, but if he's hanging out with Reem I say drug test him asap.

• StompGrind likes this

#12 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,298 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

You should read it again.

On second thought it doesn't actually say. 

"Somebody went for a takedown, [Jones] stepped the wrong way, twisted the wrong way and down he went. 

It says "somebody" but doesn't mention if it's Jon or Reem then explains Jon stepped wrong and got injured. 

Edited by StompGrind, 13 August 2014 - 10:48 AM.

#13 PATSTER

PATSTER
  • Free
  • 4,992 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

Lol, thank god Reem isn't the one injured in that altercation. 

FOXWOODS

• StompGrind, Eclipse76, Homoplataypus and 1 other like this

Brown - 1, 2, and 5        Diaz - 1, 2, 3, and 5

Fighter Stock Thread Champion

Back to Back to Back Prediction Tournament Champion (10, 11, and Tournament of Champions) #TBE

#14 Spartacus__

Spartacus__

• Free
  • 8,456 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

On second thought it doesn't actually say. 

"Somebody went for a takedown, [Jones] stepped the wrong way, twisted the wrong way and down he went. 

It says "somebody" but doesn't mention if it's Jon or Reem then explains Jon stepped wrong and got injured. 

It is clear that "somebody" is one and "[Jones]" is another. There's no possible way they could be the same in a proper sentence.

But if you were confused, you could go to the source, where it clearly states Jones was defending.

http://www.sherdog.c...t-UFC-182-71895

#15 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,298 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

It is clear that "somebody" is one and "[Jones]" is another. There's no possible way they could be the same in a proper sentence.

But if you were confused, you could go to the source, where it clearly states Jones was defending.

http://www.sherdog.c...t-UFC-182-71895

You might be right it was Reem going for a TD but it doesn't say at all. It's really not that clear that "somebody" is one and "[Jones]" is the other. 

I read through the sherdog article and saw nothing about Jon was defending. It just quotes the same exact sentence from the mma mania article. 

It looks to me like Jackson didn't say so he used the word 'somebody'. Why even say somebody? He was being vague about it on purpose. The article writer even added "[Jones]" because he was vague about that too but it's obvious who twisted and hurt their knee and the article writer was just clarifying. 

Also just take out ["Jones]" which was obviously the writers emphasis and see if that makes sense. 

"Somebody went for a takedown, stepped the wrong way, twisted the wrong way and down he went. 

Read the sentence again. It's vague as hell. We know Jon is the one twisting wrong and down he went but there is nothing there to describe who went for the takedown and somebody is as vague as it get.  

Edited by StompGrind, 13 August 2014 - 11:49 AM.

#16 Spartacus__

Spartacus__

• Free
  • 8,456 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

You might be right it was Reem going for a TD but it doesn't say at all. It's really not that clear that "somebody" is one and "[Jones]" is the other. 

I read through the sherdog article and saw nothing about Jon was defending. It just quotes the same exact sentence from the mma mania article. 

It looks to me like Jackson didn't say so he used the word 'somebody'. Why even say somebody? He was being vague about it on purpose. The article writer even added "[Jones]" because he was vague about that too but it's obvious who twisted and hurt their knee and the article writer was just clarifying. 

He was being vague because it was irrelevant at that point, as the focus how Jones was injured, and not who did it.

If we know ONE is Jones, SOMEBODY automatically means someone else.

[Jones] was most likely [he], and if you still are not convinced, you could also trust Sherdog, who stated:

According to Jackson, the injury occurred while Jones was defending a takedown from UFC heavyweight talent Alistair Overeem during wrestling practice.

• StompGrind likes this

#17 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,298 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

@Spart

"According to Jackson, the injury occurred while Jones was defending a takedown from UFC heavyweight talent Alistair Overeem during wrestling practice."

I dun goofed about the sherdog article. I skimmed it and missed this. I see it now. Thank you for posting the exact quote. 

I still disagree the sentence is clear that "someone" has to be another. 

The way they wrote the sentence could have just as easily been read like this for instance.....

"Jon went for a takedown, stepped the wrong way, twisted the wrong way and down he went.

#18 GOATest_O_D_GOATS

GOATest_O_D_GOATS
  • Free
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

Alisteroid Testostoreem lost 30 lbs after coming off of the juice?  I suspect he will get KTFO once again next month.

#19 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

New World Order

• Free
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

You take that back, ****.

• Eclipse76 likes this

The P4P #1 in forum betting.

Betting record: 32-1, 2 NC     ·    Active bets: 3-0

***Next Best Thing season one champion***

9a0ef2c4-0c6a-4f54-98dd-c23477be1801_zps

Lmao cashflow took his soul, literally.

#20 sdboltz

sdboltz
  • Free
  • 844 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:56 PM

Alisteroid Testostoreem lost 30 lbs after coming off of the juice?  I suspect he will get KTFO once again next month.

Ban this fool.

Sig bet record 18-4

Team REEM!!!

#21 Pigs_on_the_Wing

Pigs_on_the_Wing
  • Free
  • 14,929 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

lol.

Reem has more sub wins than KO wins.

• Eclipse76 and Polo like this
I despise the UFC for spreading the cards so thin and having events so often. THe hype and anticipation for some of these fights could be unbelievable. Instead we have sub par events creeping up on me 6 times a month to the point i don't even know who's fighting when anymore. Instead we have a system where its damn near impossible to create big stars of the sport. They just don't give enough time to stop and get invested in these fighters.

If im watching the NFL i don't want to see CFL level teams along side them. I want the premier of football and i won't get that with the CFL. Yet the UFC has decided to do the equivalent of this.

#22 Pigs_on_the_Wing

Pigs_on_the_Wing
  • Free
  • 14,929 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

nah, the juice made him too slow.

He's gonna be a beast again.

• sdboltz and Polo like this
I despise the UFC for spreading the cards so thin and having events so often. THe hype and anticipation for some of these fights could be unbelievable. Instead we have sub par events creeping up on me 6 times a month to the point i don't even know who's fighting when anymore. Instead we have a system where its damn near impossible to create big stars of the sport. They just don't give enough time to stop and get invested in these fighters.

If im watching the NFL i don't want to see CFL level teams along side them. I want the premier of football and i won't get that with the CFL. Yet the UFC has decided to do the equivalent of this.

#23 MGun

MGun

GOAT

• Free
  • 4,907 posts
  • Locationnone of your godamn business

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

lmao @ Pettis being an undersized LW. dude could have never made 145 without dying, been saying that since day one

• Eclipse76 likes this

#24 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 17,550 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:43 AM

lol.

Reem has more sub wins than KO wins.

Bringing in Horsemeat to train for DC TDs sounds like exactly the sort of thing the best MMA camp on earth would do. 

Maybe they were going to bring Shields in to work on the striking.

And Chris Leban to sharper up the jits.

#25 PunchBag

PunchBag
  • Free
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

overeem has a very good ground game..

• StompGrind likes this
"Believe in the beard"
I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

#26 carnages41

carnages41
  • Free
  • 40,934 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

Reem bodies Jones in training everyday

Jones got bodied by shooting on one of reems massive legs

• StompGrind and Eclipse76 like this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

#27 PakaL

PakaL

Forseti

• Elite
  • 6,431 posts
  • LocationGlitner

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

High altitude REEM is unstoppable. Even JJ the great bounces off of him like he was a brittle GUMBEE.

HanDGuN kungFOO mixxed with AK karate(KiLLuminatti)

Belfort~EL GuapO~GraciE~The Truth

Nemesis2Few^inspiration2many~Veni~Vidi~Vici~

Weidman,GunGoat,Cookie monsteR,Moraga,Scareface,MauleR,Skyscraper&HondA HouseY all inspiring.

Chuck~GSP~norriS
Jon 12 gauge Jones ... the liberal heart breaker lol
KingzombiE`aka`StundonG 2 Strong
The Notorious Conor Mcgregor ='s MMA's 2pac
Forseti the gr8
Animated Gifs Animated Gifs

"@TeemuSelanne, I'm sorry man. I did learn in school that it's not nice to pick on the handicapped, but I did not learn what to do if they try to punch me.I had to body him." ~cashflow 2014 X
"LoL is dota for retarded children." ~TeemuSelanne 2014 X

"Pakal, homie. J.J. destroyed all your heroes, you need that deep introspection to discover the root of your hurt feels. You live in the mid west, correct? I know a rare introspectionist who only has one cousin she's ****. I know that is rare for your part of the country, but that's what makes this introspectionist so special. I'll pm you her number homie. " cole1186 2014 X

"I watch all the fights so that isn't a solid argument directed at me." poloGOAT 2014

"Am I in the bunny ranch click?" ~manhoef 2014

"I would recruit cole into the bunny ranch click, but Conor MCgoat already made him grab a belt loop." ~PAKAL 2014

"K I'll need your address, phone number, and credit card info to book a flight. I'll reimburse you after I hand you down jur proper beating." ~Homie^Cole 2014

Enemy ambushed & destroyed tally X X X
Times ambushed 0

#28 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,298 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:12 PM

Bringing in Horsemeat to train for DC TDs sounds like exactly the sort of thing the best MMA camp on earth would do. 

Maybe they were going to bring Shields in to work on the striking.

And Chris Leban to sharper up the jits.

1. They didn't "bring him in" He is a team member of Jackson's now after falling out with many other camps and so far so good. 

2. He's huge, strong, explosive and a great well rounded training partner. 

3. He's a very good grappler all around on top of being a good striker as well. 

4. Reem can probably give Jon more similar looks and training to prepare him for an opponent like Cormier more than Hapa, Mir or anyone else they have over there and just getting some super wrestler they bring in that doesn't understand MMA isn't gonna help much by itself but they can supplement guys like that as well but his main partner probably should be Reem more than anyone else that is as long as he's not hurting Jon but also not being a push over either. 

Edited by StompGrind, 14 August 2014 - 12:14 PM.

• Polo and Tahune like this