MauroPedrosa

Pro Wrasslin' Discussion Thread

27 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

i usually only watch the big 4 wwe ppvs each year but i could barely sit through all of survivor series.  i guess ill give the rumble another go but im pretty much burned out from wwe. its kinda lost its magic to me after the attitude era and i just couldnt get it into it like i used to.

i dont know where to watch any of this AEW stuff in canada and i dont know if its any good, but i remember the fans were bored and chanting AEW all throughout some of the survivor series matches. maybe ill try to check it out sometime. apparently chris jericho and dean ambrose went over there or something and ive always kind of liked those guys

Theres some good points. The hilarious thing is the AEW Mark's were all saying that WWE is all the same wrestlers and not putting people over and then AEW has been nothing but hasbeens.

1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

AEW is overrated trash. The ending to the latest episode was rehashed garbage. 

I was a big supporter of it but seeing how bad it is (minus the tag division) made me appreciate WWE even more.

You a huge Humberto Carillo fan?

16 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Theres some good points. The hilarious thing is the AEW Mark's were all saying that WWE is all the same wrestlers and not putting people over and then AEW has been nothing but hasbeens.

Penatgon Jr., Ray Fenix, LAX, MJF, Kenny Omega, the Young Bucks...

They're has-beens?

23 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Penatgon Jr., Ray Fenix, LAX, MJF, Kenny Omega, the Young Bucks...

They're has-beens?

All established talent. The storylines have been garbage. 

Theres a reason why their rating ranked to half of what they were the first couple weeks. It started off hot but has no direction besides a "few" storylines. 

The tag division is ****in' amazin'. The best thing about AEW. 

I am curious to see how the Page/Omega storyline progresses. 

Theres some good but a lot of the same chit that makes WWE trash. They put on good matches but no feeling. 

Speaking of trash, prepare for The fiend to be defeated by Bryan or some other bum soon. The best thing WWE has had in years is gonna float like chit. 

7 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

All established talent. The storylines have been garbage. 

They're leaving all the really GOAT angles, like BBC cuckhold stuff, to the big boys. lol

You talk about WWE having bettee storylines, but aside from the BBC cuckhold angle, and another half-assed love story with Otis and Mandy, can you even name a storyline over there?

7 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Theres a reason why their rating ranked to half of what they were the first couple weeks. 

And that reason would be that it was an event for wrestling fans, and they made sure their butts were parked in front of the television for the first few weeks. Nothing to do with the on-screen product.

I personally don't bother watching the live show, but I watch On Demand every week. I know a few people that are the same way. We all very well could tune in any given week during the live show, but for instance last week, Jeopardy was on during the first hour. I don't have the ability to watch that On Demand, so I have to watch live. Plus, that chit is drawing better ratings than the World Series. In short, relaying the ratings to the storylines is a bit of a leap.

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

They're leaving all the really GOAT angles, like BBC cuckhold stuff, to the big boys. lol

You talk about WWE having bettee storylines, but aside from the BBC cuckhold angle, and another half-assed love story with Otis and Mandy, can you even name a storyline over there?

And that reason would be that it was an event for wrestling fans, and they made sure their butts were parked in front of the television for the first few weeks. Nothing to do with the on-screen product.

I personally don't bother watching the live show, but I watch On Demand every week. I know a few people that are the same way. We all very well could tune in any given week during the live show, but for instance last week, Jeopardy was on during the first hour. I don't have the ability to watch that On Demand, so I have to watch live. Plus, that chit is drawing better ratings than the World Series. In short, relaying the ratings to the storylines is a bit of a leap.

In no way am I saying that ratings and storylines are linked. The storylines suck currently. 

What I'm saying is all the AEW marks (including me if you look back at old posts) claimed it was the next big thing. 

It's barely beating out NXT and lost a week or two in ratings. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

In no way am I saying that ratings and storylines are linked. The storylines suck currently. 

What I'm saying is all the AEW marks (including me if you look back at old posts) claimed it was the next big thing. 

It's barely beating out NXT and lost a week or two in ratings. 

NXT is more of an established brand though. I don't think losing to NXT once or twice is necessarily the end of the world. And they won handily last week.

I actually do think AEW is the next big thing, but they need to refrain from driving people away with trannies, midgets, and really long womens matches. Stick to what you do well. Have a whole two hour show of tag matches if need be.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

NXT is more of an established brand though. I don't think losing to NXT once or twice is necessarily the end of the world. And they won handily last week.

I actually do think AEW is the next big thing, but they need to refrain from driving people away with trannies, midgets, and really long womens matches. Stick to what you do well. Have a whole two hour show of tag matches if need be.

That's one if my problems is their forceful use of "inclusive". People generally dont care who or what wrestles as long as it's good. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

That's one if my problems is their forceful use of "inclusive". People generally dont care who or what wrestles as long as it's good. 

Yeah, too much airtime for Marco Stunt and the tranny. They need to veer back the other way. Gimme some Luke Harper/Jack Hager/Luchasaurus matches. 

Pentagon is my new fave, btw. I bought a Cero Miedo hoody. lol

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Yeah, too much airtime for Marco Stunt and the tranny. They need to veer back the other way. Gimme some Luke Harper/Jack Hager/Luchasaurus matches. 

Pentagon is my new fave, btw. I bought a Cero Miedo hoody. lol

Pentagon is amazin. The roster has so much talent, they need to get of the freaks like you said. 

I do like Orange Cassidy and the man can wrestle. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, -idyb- said:

i dont know where to watch any of this AEW stuff in canada

Airs live on Wednesday nights on TSN 2

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

I personally don't bother watching the live show, but I watch On Demand every week. I know a few people that are the same way.

Their DVR numbers are something like 50%, so a similar number of people to the first week are watching every week, they're just not watching live.

I think NXT is similar (not quite as high percentage wise, but close) as well.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, -idyb- said:

i remember la parka from when i watched wcw

the skeleton dude who always came out with a chair

Different guy. That guy became L.A. Park and they gave the La Parka name/gimmick to a different guy.

I didn't actually know until today but the guy who was La Parka in WCW was only La Parka for a few years and the guy who died has been La Parka for like two decades.

5 hours ago, Mcmax3000 said:

Airs live on Wednesday nights on TSN 2

damn i never would have even thought to check there

5 hours ago, Mcmax3000 said:

Different guy. That guy became L.A. Park and they gave the La Parka name/gimmick to a different guy.

I didn't actually know until today but the guy who was La Parka in WCW was only La Parka for a few years and the guy who died has been La Parka for like two decades.

i didnt know there was another one either

its a sad day for all of canada

Nova Scotia-born wrestler Rocky (Soul Man) Johnson, father of movie star and wrestler Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson, has died at the age of 75

i was just cleaning out some old stuff from the shed yesterday and i came across a bunch of old sega genesis games and controllers and stuff and one of the games was wwf royal rumble.   how fitting being on the same day as the royal rumble!

damn that game brings back some memories

32 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Edge not winning the royal rumble yesterday is part of the reason I dont watch WWE anymore.....thoughts @Mcmax3000

He shouldn’t have won. He’s a retired wrestler who is probably going to be a very limited part timer at most. He shouldn’t be wrestling for the title at Wrestlemania.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, -idyb- said:

i was just cleaning out some old stuff from the shed yesterday and i came across a bunch of old sega genesis games and controllers and stuff and one of the games was wwf royal rumble.   how fitting being on the same day as the royal rumble!

damn that game brings back some memories

That game was great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mcmax3000 said:

That game was great.

i was 8 years old and my parents wouldnt let me watch wrestling because my mom thought it was too violent for me,   but my dad had no problem with me playing the video games.   

when i was a bit older i would always rent wwf pay per view vhs tapes from blockbuster because i remember playing the games alot, and thats how i got into watching it. i never watched any wrestling on tv until i was a few years older and we had a black box thing that would get all pay per view channels for free. but even then i always found myself renting older  ppv's from blockbuster every other weekend

we rented that royal rumble game so many times that my dad just bought me the damn game. either that or we never brought it back to the store because somehow i still manage to have that game

yeah i dont remember a whole lot from my childhood but i remember playing that game with some friends from school and whacking each other and the referee with steel chairs.  also played alot of WWF Raw too.

i also came upon my n64 copy of wrestlemania 2000 yesterday. out of all the wrestling games ive ever played, that one was my favorite

Edited by -idyb-

i guess i dont change much, cause when i was younger i'd always watch alot of wwf ppv's for free with this black box thing i had and here i am 20 years later downloading last nights royal rumble, still stealing all of my tv chit

but that black box was pretty cool. thats how i first discovered pr0n. even before when i even knew what a playboy magazine was. i'd just start flipping channels and come across some woman getting pounded and then my parents would get mad at me if they caught me sitting there watching it

Edited by -idyb-

19 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

i also came upon my n64 copy of wrestlemania 2000 yesterday

I have all of those old AKI games, including the two Virtual Pro Wrestling games, which are only in Japanese.

Just now, Mcmax3000 said:

I have all of those old AKI games, including the two Virtual Pro Wrestling games, which are only in Japanese.

there was a super fire pro wrestling game i remember playing alot of.  that was the first non-wwf game i played until wcw/nwo revenge.  those were pretty cool games too. i think wrestlemania 2000 was just like wcw/nwo revenge, only with a bigger roster

8 hours ago, -idyb- said:

there was a super fire pro wrestling game i remember playing alot of.  that was the first non-wwf game i played until wcw/nwo revenge.  those were pretty cool games too. i think wrestlemania 2000 was just like wcw/nwo revenge, only with a bigger roster

Yeah, Revenge and Wrestlemania 2000 are pretty much the same game with a different roster in a lot of ways.