33 replies to this topic

#1 Spartacus__

Spartacus__

Anderson Is Still The GOAT

• Free
  • 8,050 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

I've just seen this video:

But I think Benson forgot his most notorious and efficient move: The BS-split-decision-mockery-smile. After all these robberies, this dude has mastered the technique:

benson-henderson-frankie-edgar-ufc150-49

BendoGil_zps8e51aa73.jpg

And is still improving:

article-2546137-1AF6A13A00000578-870_306

• StompGrind, Jalamin, IRT. and 6 others like this

#2 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

New World Order

• Free
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:31 AM

I'm not watching that video.

Bendo is a ****.

• iamdylanr and NoCakeForYaya like this

The P4P #1 in forum betting.

Betting record: 31-1, 2 NC     ·    Active bets: 7-1

bf323fba-aacd-4225-81a2-74cc077532a5_zps2ae94ed2-6d9c-43c7-b3af-e53e943f673a_zps

Loser Leaves the Forum bet: SteelerNation AKA Pigs_on_the_Wing - McGregor vs. Poirier 

#3 TheHNIC

TheHNIC

Head ***** In Charge

• Free
  • 2,654 posts
  • LocationNiger, Africa

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:22 AM

lol "i like to body kick my opponent until he has a sad face"

"it's good to see sad faces in fights"

just look out into the crowd benson, you'll see sad faces all around

• StompGrind, iamdylanr, carnages41 and 4 others like this
This^.

#4 UFCCagerattler

UFCCagerattler
  • Free
  • 17,400 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:42 AM

HIs signature move is brushing his hair from his eyes.

• KOOKORK likes this

#5 PATSTER

PATSTER
  • Free
  • 4,542 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

What about the jab to the knee?

Brown - 1, 2, and 5        Diaz - 1, 2, 3, and 5

Fighter Stock Thread Champion

Back to Back to Back Prediction Tournament Champion (10, 11, and Tournament of Champions) #TBE

#6 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 11,197 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:30 AM

dat tooth pick doe

i3uc9j.jpg

I don't always bet on fights, but when I do, I make sure I'm guaranteed to lose

#7 Omoplataypus

Omoplataypus
  • Free
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

The upkick
!!! WAR KELGOAT
!!! WAR MAIA
!!! WAR WEIDMAN
!!! WAR RUMBLE
!!! WAR SAUNDERS The Omoplata King
Active Bets- Oz DOOMGOAT/Ebercan Weedhoe Porier/Mcgregcan

#8 carnages41

carnages41
  • Free
  • 40,643 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

ufc164-20130831-04047-jpg1.png

• StompGrind, iamdylanr, Spartacus__ and 3 others like this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

#9 12er

12er

The King of everything else.

• Free
  • 17,489 posts
  • LocationNorth Ameristralia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

The upkick

He's landed it once that I've seen and failed to hurt a bantamweight, so it's not signature move worthy. 

• NoCakeForYaya likes this

iszo51C.jpg

#10 Spartacus__

Spartacus__

• Free
  • 8,050 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

ufc164-20130831-04047-jpg1.png

"Oh you"

• Omoplataypus and TheHNIC like this

#11 Yesterdays_Hero

Yesterdays_Hero
  • Free
  • 25,226 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:44 AM

He's landed it once that I've seen and failed to hurt a bantamweight, so it's not signature move worthy. 

He lands 1 move and wins a 5round decision. Frankie kicked his **** ****.

edit: twice

Edited by Yesterdays_Hero, 21 August 2014 - 09:45 AM.

• carnages41, 12er, Spartacus__ and 2 others like this

#12 amunera

amunera
  • Free
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

So he basically only sort of landed his "signature moves on Guida"...what a can. Except the TD of course but any FIGHTER would be ashamed to have that as a signature move.

• Spartacus__ and -richard like this
Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
Fav:
HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez

#13 bluesy

bluesy
  • Free
  • 2,916 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

Them tree trunk legs and he still can't body an opponent like Pettis can.

Still waiting for someone in MMA to make effective use of the axe kick.

#14 Spartacus__

Spartacus__

• Free
  • 8,050 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

Them tree trunk legs and he still can't body an opponent like Pettis can.

Still waiting for someone in MMA to make effective use of the axe kick.

The axe kick demands to closest distance of all kicks, while MMA has the longest distance in combar sports.

Therefore I'm not surprised it's rare - it takes a misjudgement by the opponent to land.

#15 Omoplataypus

Omoplataypus
  • Free
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

Really I think that kick stunned Frankie big time.

I was kidding BTW...
!!! WAR KELGOAT
!!! WAR MAIA
!!! WAR WEIDMAN
!!! WAR RUMBLE
!!! WAR SAUNDERS The Omoplata King
Active Bets- Oz DOOMGOAT/Ebercan Weedhoe Porier/Mcgregcan

#16 -richard

-richard
  • Free
  • 4,398 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

BENDO SUCKS

• Omoplataypus likes this

#17 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,164 posts
  • LocationThe mean streets of Cajun country

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

BENDO SUCKS

Negative. He's awesome he just doesn't have a ton of power. 

#18 -richard

-richard
  • Free
  • 4,398 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

Negative. He's awesome he just doesn't have a ton of power. 

Negative, HE SUCKS

• StompGrind and carnages41 like this

#19 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,164 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

Negative, HE SUCKS

OSP SUCKS

GSP SUCKS

Benson=GOAT LW after Penn

• Polo and -richard like this

#20 -richard

-richard
  • Free
  • 4,398 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

OSP SUCKS

GSP SUCKS

Benson=GOAT LW after Penn

OSP SUCKS

BENDO SUCKS

neither are as bad as GSP tho homie, thats mean saying he only sucks too

• carnages41 likes this

#21 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,164 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

OSP SUCKS

BENDO SUCKS

neither are as bad as GSP tho homie, thats mean saying he only sucks too

So what is it about Benson that sucks? He's held his own or beaten all comers except for Pettis who seems to be his stylistic Kryptonite. He's near DJ level well rounded and technical. He retired Frankie's LW reign ( Even Penn failed to do that ). He owned Guida ( something Pettis failed to do ). 

He's the only one in the division fighting regularly beating all the top guys. He's a great athlete, very good underrated grappler,  his striking is coming along and he's always improving. He fights with a toothpick like a boss. He's fairly active in BJJ and NoGi grappling while still being active in MMA. 

My only complaint is when he was Champ he was a little content to point fight but so were his opponents except for Nate and he squashed Nate & now he's hungry again. 

He did all that without being a member of any super camp. I don't understand why all the hate for him? Yet people are all over Pettis nuts but he doesn't fight. 

Edited by StompGrind, 21 August 2014 - 03:15 PM.

• Polo likes this

#22 -richard

-richard
  • Free
  • 4,398 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

So what is it about Benson that sucks? He's held his own or beaten all comers except for Pettis who seems to be his stylistic Kryptonite. He's near DJ level well rounded and technical. He retired Frankie's LW reign ( Even Penn failed to do that ). He owned Guida ( something Pettis failed to do ). 

He's the only one in the division fighting regularly beating all the top guys. He's a great athlete, very good underrated grappler,  his striking is coming along and he's always improving. He fights with a toothpick like a boss. He's fairly active in BJJ and NoGi grappling while still being active in MMA. 

My only complaint is when he was Champ he was a little content to point fight but so were his opponents except for Nate and he squashed Nate & now he's hungry again. 

He did all that without being a member of any super camp. I don't understand why all the hate for him? Yet people are all over Pettis nuts but he doesn't fight. 

I dont like the guy

#23 carnages41

carnages41
  • Free
  • 40,643 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

He sucks because he is a boring can

• -richard likes this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#24 -richard

-richard
  • Free
  • 4,398 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

for all the flashy crap he does, if he put more effort into conventional fighting he would be a better fighter and have more finishes, but he was too interested in his **** hair and that stupid **** toothpick

SUCKS BALLS

• StompGrind likes this

#25 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,164 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:22 PM

I dont like the guy

For what reason though... 

For instance i don't like Pettis because i think he's a line cutting, trash talking punk that calls people out but is always injured when it suits him and he hasn't beaten anyone of note besides Benson. 

• Polo likes this

#26 -richard

-richard
  • Free
  • 4,398 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

For instance i don't like Pettis because i think he's a line cutting, trash talking punk that calls people out but is always injured when it suits him and he hasn't beaten anyone of note besides Benson. 

I just gave the reason, which you like :)

#27 carnages41

carnages41
  • Free
  • 40,643 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

lol line cutting

He has the title you dummy

• -richard likes this

#28 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,164 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

I just gave the reason, which you like :)

Yeah i posted it before you replied. 

lol line cutting

He has the title you dummy

Yeah he beat Benson in Benson's worst performance ever fair enough then he basically retired & ducked everyone else. He didn't even deserve the shot to begin with. Lol zombie J-lo and Cowboy when he was at a low in his career. 

There where other fighters well ahead of him in terms of activity and top opponents. Hell Thompson and Gil where way more deserving at that time. Josh & Gil should have been champion tbh. 

Edited by StompGrind, 21 August 2014 - 03:37 PM.

• Polo likes this

#29 carnages41

carnages41
  • Free
  • 40,643 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

Yeah i posted it before you replied. 

Yeah he beat Benson in Benson's worst performance ever fair enough then he basically retired & ducked everyone else. He didn't even deserve the shot to begin with. Lol zombie J-lo and Cowboy when he was at a low in his career.

There where other fighters well ahead of him in terms of activity and top opponents. Hell Thompson and Gil where way more deserving at that time. Josh & Gil should have been champion tbh. 

So anytime Pettis beats someone it was there worst performance?

You sound like a butthurt Candricks fan

GTFO

• -richard likes this

#30 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,164 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

I do agree with you Richard that Benson does focus too much on some of the more flashy stuff and his striking is rather sporty. 

I wish he'd leave the lab and i understand he's loyal and all but i believe he's out grown that place and should at the very least look to get out of his comfort zone some and travel abroad here and there to supplement his training with outside help. 

Perhaps he could go to Hayastan or Renzo's to expand his grappling and maybe get some training in with Ludwig or go to holland and get Lucien Carbin to teach him how to really strike. 

• -richard likes this

#31 -richard

-richard
  • Free
  • 4,398 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

I do agree with you Richard that Benson does focus too much on some of the more flashy stuff and his striking is rather sporty. 

I wish he'd leave the lab and i understand he's loyal and all but i believe he's out grown that place and should at the very least look to get out of his comfort zone some and travel abroad here and there to supplement his training with outside help. 

Perhaps he could go to Hayastan or Renzo's to expand his grappling and maybe get some training in with Ludwig or go to holland and get Lucien Carbin to teach him how to really strike. 

If he went to Ludwig, who i am a huge fan of, he would be a completely different fighter in his next fight and probably 10 times more dangerous.  

Carbin is an interesting thought, never gave Holland a thought in Bendo's development.  his unorthodox style would suit well there

#32 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,164 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

So anytime Pettis beats someone it was there worst performance?

You sound like a butthurt Candricks fan

GTFO

Not necessarily but yes that was a bad performance from Benson. He made many mistakes in that fight he usually doesn't. I give cred to Pettis for good TDD in that fight which allowed him being able to control range & set up lighting him up with body kicks but that armbar should have never happened. Benson lost focus and absolutely defended it wrong. Sure ish happens but it was a white to blue belt level mistake that should have never happened. 

On Pettis other fights there is no denying J-Lo is a shell of his former self and Donald was in a slump when he fought Pettis. 

#33 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,164 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

If he went to Ludwig, who i am a huge fan of, he would be a completely different fighter in his next fight and probably 10 times more dangerous.  

Carbin is an interesting thought, never gave Holland a thought in Bendo's development.  his unorthodox style would suit well there

I think Ludwig would be a better fit because that focus on footwork, angles, stance switching, broken rhythm etc. plus his understanding of MMA could really compliment his style nicely not to mention it wouldn't be a too far a trip. 

Carbin is also super technical but also he would teach Benson how to strike in combination with destructive power which i feel he is lacking especially with his kicking. Even Benson's muaythai has a TKD snappy feel to it. Nothing wrong with that but you need both. 

He doesn't angle out to 45 degrees enough and put body lean/weight/momentum into it to snap past center line with power. He just snaps and kind stops at center line then retracts and his power simply isn't there and it makes his kicks easier to catch or walk though. That and i don't like that he tends to be pretty singular with it instead of in combination with hands. 

Edited by StompGrind, 21 August 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#34 -richard

-richard
  • Free
  • 4,398 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

I think Ludwig would be a better fit because that focus on footwork, angles, stance switching, broken rhythm etc. plus his understanding of MMA could really compliment his style nicely not to mention it wouldn't be a too far a trip. 

Carbin is also super technical but also he would teach Benson how to strike in combination with destructive power which i feel he is lacking especially with his kicking. Even Benson's muaythai has a TKD snappy feel to it. Nothing wrong with that but you need both. 

He doesn't angle out to 45 degrees enough and put body lean/weight/momentum into it to snap past center line with power. He just snaps and kind stops at center line then retracts and his power simply isn't there and it makes his kicks easier to catch or walk though. That and i don't like that he tends to be pretty singular with it instead of in combination with hands. 

I think Ludwig is a no brainer but like you said, Bendo is too loyal to his camp.   I dont get that to be honest, your development as a fighter needs more than one look.   

he really needs to lose a lot of the TKD stuff, and develop and mix the combinations.  He has the ability to be a sensational fighter, he just pisses me off

• StompGrind likes this