Sometimes when I'm not fully informed about fighters and their respective camps, I like to watch the countdown to learn more about them. Occasionally I've made posts about the things I learn from them, and now I would like to list a few of the things I learned from UFC 177's countdown.
1. TJ DillaGOAT is going to absolutely obliterate Barao. DillaGOAT post-hyperbaric chamber might be unstoppable.
2. Renan Barao is the first fighter in history to get hit in the face, end up veering from his gameplan and lose a fight because of it. (Or so he thinks apparently) Hey Renan, here's a quote for you...
3. Barao had a segment where he said the Portuguese word for belt about 100 times in three minutes. He talked about how it's missing from his bed. How he thinks about it all the time. The belt isn't cheating on you, you welterweight. You lost it. You won't get it back either.
4. Tony Ferguson might very well be the ****iest person alive. He talked in depth about the Kikuno fight. He claims to have said in training "wouldn't it be cool..." if he got Kikuno in a choke and then let him go, just to chase him down and KO him. Either that is utter nonsense, or his training partners want to hang themselves when they go home from listening to him all day.
5. Danny Castillo is in love with Pilates. He recanted his first experience with Pilates. He owns a Hot Pilates gym. I'm not exactly sure how to feel about all of that. So let's proceed as if it didn't happen.
6. Usually the countdown has six fighters. Even the UFC knows nobody cares about these people, so they refused to try to cram them down our throats in the countdown. This countdown had four fighters. Is that funny to anybody else?
Edited by cashfl0w, 29 August 2014 - 01:33 AM.