• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

New World Order

• Free
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:30 AM

Sometimes when I'm not fully informed about fighters and their respective camps, I like to watch the countdown to learn more about them. Occasionally I've made posts about the things I learn from them, and now I would like to list a few of the things I learned from UFC 177's countdown.

1. TJ DillaGOAT is going to absolutely obliterate Barao. DillaGOAT post-hyperbaric chamber might be unstoppable.

2. Renan Barao is the first fighter in history to get hit in the face, end up veering from his gameplan and lose a fight because of it. (Or so he thinks apparently) Hey Renan, here's a quote for you...

Mike-Quote.png

3. Barao had a segment where he said the Portuguese word for belt about 100 times in three minutes. He talked about how it's missing from his bed. How he thinks about it all the time. The belt isn't cheating on you, you welterweight. You lost it. You won't get it back either. 

4. Tony Ferguson might very well be the ****iest person alive. He talked in depth about the Kikuno fight. He claims to have said in training "wouldn't it be cool..." if he got Kikuno in a choke and then let him go, just to chase him down and KO him. Either that is utter nonsense, or his training partners want to hang themselves when they go home from listening to him all day.

5. Danny Castillo is in love with Pilates. He recanted his first experience with Pilates. He owns a Hot Pilates gym. I'm not exactly sure how to feel about all of that. So let's proceed as if it didn't happen.

6. Usually the countdown has six fighters. Even the UFC knows nobody cares about these people, so they refused to try to cram them down our throats in the countdown. This countdown had four fighters. Is that funny to anybody else?

Please discuss.

Edited by cashfl0w, 29 August 2014 - 01:33 AM.

• Polo, Epiqu1n and Spartacus__ like this

The P4P #1 in forum betting.

Betting record: 32-1, 2 NC     ·    Active bets: 6-1

e31f18f3-628e-4f64-b26f-c99f34bb1413_zps

Loser Leaves the Forum bet: SteelerNation AKA Pigs_on_the_Wing - McGregor vs. Poirier

2247d85e-85a2-4f88-9ed9-4b6fc30c0a8c_zps

#2 amunera

amunera
  • Free
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

watered down card is going to be watered down.

I did like the countdown though, TJ and barao were already well known so nothing new, Castillo was weird with his pilates stuff but he seems like a nice guy, and i did not like Fergusson in his TUF season and still kind iof rubs me the wrong way...

Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
Fav:
HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez

#3 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 11,396 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:28 AM

Skip to 57:30 vvv A double knockout this weekend would be sufficient. 

https://www.youtube....PM1Q-Xeg#t=3631

We have no Great War. No Great Rustle. Our great war is a Jimmies war. Our great rustle is our lives.

#4 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Raiden

• Free
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:19 AM

It's not just in the ring that tj is "punching" (hope that has crossed the atlantic).

The surprising (and frankly worrying) part for me was brow's cutting edge training seemed to be running up a hill slower than his mates and doing intervals on a treadmill. I do that stuff - it ain't no hypetbaric chamber!

Edited by Bubba_Sparks, 29 August 2014 - 04:20 AM.

Sig D-Day: 25th October

#5 Ozpride

Ozpride

New World Order

• Free
  • 5,134 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

Barao KO son

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

#6 Polo

Polo

GOAT

• Free
  • 13,647 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:13 AM

Barao KO son

OZ you are setting yourself up for major disappointment!

• TheSinisterUrge likes this

Daniel Cormier turns fans into retards.
Av bet with PunchCan on the Overeem/Rothwell fight.

#7 12er

12er

The King of everything else.

• Free
  • 17,740 posts
  • LocationNorth Ameristralia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

Sometimes when I'm not fully informed about fighters and their respective camps, I like to watch the countdown to learn more about them. Occasionally I've made posts about the things I learn from them, and now I would like to list a few of the things I learned from UFC 177's countdown.

1. TJ DillaGOAT is going to absolutely obliterate Barao. DillaGOAT post-hyperbaric chamber might be unstoppable.

2. Renan Barao is the first fighter in history to get hit in the face, end up veering from his gameplan and lose a fight because of it. (Or so he thinks apparently) Hey Renan, here's a quote for you...

Mike-Quote.png

3. Barao had a segment where he said the Portuguese word for belt about 100 times in three minutes. He talked about how it's missing from his bed. How he thinks about it all the time. The belt isn't cheating on you, you welterweight. You lost it. You won't get it back either. 

4. Tony Ferguson might very well be the ****iest person alive. He talked in depth about the Kikuno fight. He claims to have said in training "wouldn't it be cool..." if he got Kikuno in a choke and then let him go, just to chase him down and KO him. Either that is utter nonsense, or his training partners want to hang themselves when they go home from listening to him all day.

5. Danny Castillo is in love with Pilates. He recanted his first experience with Pilates. He owns a Hot Pilates gym. I'm not exactly sure how to feel about all of that. So let's proceed as if it didn't happen.

6. Usually the countdown has six fighters. Even the UFC knows nobody cares about these people, so they refused to try to cram them down our throats in the countdown. This countdown had four fighters. Is that funny to anybody else?

Please discuss.

re·cant

riˈkant/
verb

1. say that one no longer holds an opinion or belief, especially one considered heretical.
    "heretics were burned if they would not recant"
    synonyms: renouncedisavowdenyrepudiate, renege on; More

Edited by 12er, 29 August 2014 - 07:27 AM.

• KOOKORK, TheHNIC and cashfl0w like this

iszo51C.jpg

#8 TheHNIC

TheHNIC

Head ***** In Charge

• Free
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationNiger, Africa

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:11 AM

Things I learned from this thread, cash still a snitch **** **** **** mark

This^.

#9 Spartacus__

Spartacus__

Anderson Is Still The GOAT

• Free
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:20 AM

TJ should be DQ'd

He's cheating with a post-hyperbaric chamber.

25-to-life for this bastard

Meanwhile Barão trains in the street and the only weight he even lifts bro is his teammate.

...that's right, I'm setting up them excuses.

• TheHNIC likes this

#10 TheHNIC

TheHNIC

Head ***** In Charge

• Free
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationNiger, Africa

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

re·cant

riˈkant/
verb

1. say that one no longer holds an opinion or belief, especially one considered heretical.

12er gon' school these crackers, lest you ALL find out.

This^.

#11 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

New World Order

• Free
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:44 AM

re·cant

riˈkant/
verb

+1

• 12er likes this

Loser Leaves the Forum bet: SteelerNation AKA Pigs_on_the_Wing - McGregor vs. Poirier

#12 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

New World Order

• Free
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:47 AM

Things I learned from this thread, cash still a snitch **** **** **** mark

Who the **** are you?

#13 12er

12er

The King of everything else.

• Free
  • 17,740 posts
  • LocationNorth Ameristralia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:01 AM

TJ should be DQ'd

He's cheating with a post-hyperbaric chamber.

25-to-life for this bastard

Meanwhile Barão trains in the street and the only weight he even lifts bro is his teammate.

...that's right, I'm setting up them excuses.

His pre-camp gut is pretty heavy, that's how he gets his leg kicks so strong. Cheating Brazilian can.

iszo51C.jpg

#14 TheHNIC

TheHNIC

Head ***** In Charge

• Free
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationNiger, Africa

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

Who the **** are you?

I, I don't know, I can't recant.

• cashfl0w likes this
This^.

#15 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

New World Order

• Free
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

I, I don't know, I can't recant.

I was high as hell. It was like 4 in the morning.

I refuse to alter it now.  :angry: