• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OfWolfandMan

OfWolfandMan
  • Free
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationThe Cuban Can Cheated His Way To Victory Because He Gassed

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:33 PM

I gotta hand it to them, they offer some compelling reasons to watch, at least to the casual fan. I'd say most of us already appreciate these factors but are more concerned about the fact that its still a PPV event for effectively a no-name card.

Will it be good? Only time will tell, but when you ante hard-earned cash to see premiere fighters, it really kinda blows that you are left with rising talent. Again, I'm sure most of these folks are going to perform, but the draw is and always will be the names of those who have proven they are worth watching.

Also, Danny Castillo has a huge freakin jaw.

http://mmajunkie.com...why-youre-wrong

• WalkLikeAWarrior707 likes this

ronda-rousey-eyes-135-division-1_origina

#2 StompGrind

StompGrind
  • Free
  • 23,421 posts
  • LocationThe mean streets of Cajun country

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

I agree it will probably be better in that fighters without the huge star power tend to fight with more determination instead of fighting not to lose their established place. Almost all the no name shows deliver consistently. Some of the best cards ever where fight night type cards with a bunch of nobodies. 

That being said i will skip this one. The only fights i was interested in was TJ & Barao and Shayna and Bethe. I'm not watching a card just for one woman's mma fight lol  Anyway i bet Betch tko's dat betch. 

• Hellequin likes this

#3 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

New World Order

• Free
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:02 PM

TL;DR

The P4P #1 in forum betting. All around TBE.

Betting record: 33-1, 2 NC     ·    Active bets: 4-0

***Next Best Thing season one champion***

53069298-e01b-4e42-b52f-e5f3a54e5478_zps

Lmao cashflow took his soul, literally.

#4 WalkLikeAWarrior707

WalkLikeAWarrior707
  • Free
  • 6,263 posts
  • LocationGolden State

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

I'm still pumped for this card. I agree it may not be worth as much PPV money now but I think it's still gonna be a great event.

All the main card fights are interesting to me...

TJ vs Soto - Interesting because of the last day replacement and will most likely either be a finish or domination for TJ or Soto will shock the world and win or do better than everyone thought he would

Castillo vs Ferguson - Great style match-up, gonna be awesome to see who can implement their gameplan. Both have also been looking really good lately and coming off KO's

Bethe vs Shayna - Good girl fight with a storyline behind it and Bethe could possibly face Rousey next if she wins

Nijem vs Ferreira - Two good grapplers that are coming off strong performances. Nijem's got UFC experience and has been improving but Carlos looks like a really strong grappler and he got a quick finish in his debut

Yancy vs Jackson - Stoked to see Yancy fight and Jackson has won all his fights via finish and also beat Leonard Garcia in his last fight. I'm expecting a finish in this one mostly for Yancy

Not too interested in the undercard but I expect Larkin vs Brunson to be good and HW fight should be entertaining. Potts is a finisher and I hope he can get a good finish. Don't know the other guys but hopefully they put on a good fight

Overall I think this card will surprise a lot of people. If you have nothing else to do today, you watch every event, and have the money then why not buy it? I'll definitely be watching. Just glad to have some fights on today!

• lapo and mark_jdm like this
Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Bas Rutten, Joachim Hansen
HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
WBW - Cat Zingano
FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
SW - Joanne Calderwood