WarWest®

If you don't got the cajones....

2. Hockey

A game called “shinny” was the favorite sport of many American Indian tribes, including the Sauk, Foxes and Assinboine. Players would pass a buckskin ball up and down a field using a curved stick, seeking an opportunity to whack the ball into the opposing team's goal. During the winter, they played on the ice.

sorry bro but theres no proof that the indians even played a game of shinny. so theyre probably full of chit about that too. 

the first documented game of hockey was played in canada.   the first documented game of shinny was played where? please provide proof.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

sorry bro but theres no proof that the indians even played a game of shinny. so theyre probably full of chit about that too. 

the first documented game of hockey was played in canada.   the first documented game of shinny was played where? please provide proof.

Ice%20Hockey%20Good_old_days.png

Native American games called shinny, played before European contact in North America. There is an informal Canadian ice hockey sport by the same name played to this day, suggesting the two sets of sports share a history. These games resembled ice hockey, wherein two teams of variable numbers of players tried to pass a ball into the opponents’ goal using curved sticks, though the Native North Americans did not always play this game on ice. They knew this sport by different names among different tribes; for example, it was called tikauwich among the Chumash, ohonistuts among the Cheyenne, and gugahawat among the Arapaho. Regardless of complexities and debates regarding its origins and development among native tribes and European settlers, shinny holds a central position in the modern history of hockey.

Ice%20Hockey%20Good_old_days.png

sorry bro but you cant play hockey without nets and a goalie

we are talking about the real version of hockey here. the ones that canadians invented and is played all over the world today.  we're not talking about shinny.

Edited by -idyb-

i think we might have invented curling too

i  missed out on the pintys grand slam of curling on saturday cause both the fights and the canucks game was on.  but now that ive got 3 cable boxes set up with my 3 tv's in here, i wont miss it next year if anything else is on.

Edited by -idyb-

Nu, Jacob2790  said that nobody here had their picture as their av, and I just pointed out that we had a thread for that.

If only I could figure out how to get pictures in a comment.... whats the secret 

• Like 1

I would start with not being a can and see where that gets you.

lmao, TSU throws heavy hands 25/8

• Like 3

You look like a sports broadcaster guy. 

Monday night football with Frank, Al and Jay.

Don’t know how to respond... thanks I think...

• Like 3

You look like a sports broadcaster guy. 

Monday night football with Frank, Al and Jay.

Lol first thing i thought was local news presenter/weatherman.
  • Like 6

Don’t know how to respond... thanks I think...

Yeah IDK was just the first thing that came to mind. Like you look like a clean cut conservative business type guy or something. 

Could also see you as a Lawyer, FBI agent or State Trooper. lol

My older brother has been doing some acting classes in his spare time and we talked about this subject recently i.e. about how people look, how they speak, mannerisms, body language etc. and what roles a casting director may suggest for them based on how they view you. 

There's certain archetypes of people and you fit a certain type so i guess that was fresh in my mind. 

• Like 2

Yeah IDK was just the first thing that came to mind. Like you look like a clean cut conservative business type guy or something. 

Could also see you as a Lawyer, FBI agent or State Trooper. lol

My older brother has been doing some acting classes in his spare time and we talked about this subject recently i.e. about how people look, how they speak, mannerisms, body language etc. and what roles a casting director may suggest for them based on how they view you. 

There's certain archetypes of people and you fit a certain type so i guess that was fresh in my mind.

I’m about as far from conservative as one can be... with a young kid, nobody takes pictures of just me... that was taken for an article I wrote in a trade magazine... usually out of work, I’m in grungy clothes... kind of like an old skateboard guy style I guess...

• Like 4

For a second there....  I thought you found me!

I did, and I don't want to alarm you but there are at least 3 other people using your linked in photo it is that pro.

• Like 4

I did, and I don't want to alarm you but there are at least 3 other people using your linked in photo it is that pro.

Make it 4. Job offers have been flooding in since I changed my picture to jaybird's

• Like 7

How’d you do that

I clicked the link, right-clicked the picture and selected "Copy image address" (using Chrome), then clicked the little picture icon in the reply field and pasted it. 

You can do it on mobile but it's a massive PITA. 

• Like 2

This is how you dress when there are no black people in the trailer park.

Really because I bought this just to wear around all my Hispanic Co workers.. hell the whole company other then me and one brother was Hispanic lol and anybody else but sorry bud you can have at all the trailer parks you want I'm good on that 

Really because I bought this just to wear around all my Hispanic Co workers.. hell the whole company other then me and one brother was Hispanic lol and anybody else but sorry bud you can have at all the trailer parks you want I'm good on that

Cool story, bro.

• Like 5