GOAT_Transient

Speak Your Mind Thread

Mullet just got reamed by Mayor Emmanuel and the police chief in a press conference, both of whom are absolutely convinced of his guilt from the evidence they gathered.

Holy chit, this is far from over. Repercussions on the way.

• Like 2

I can't say that I've ever seen a mayor call out a prosecutor like this before.

“From top to bottom this is not on the level,” Mayor Rahm Emanuel said. “At the end of the day, it’s Mr. Smollett that committed this false claim.”

"This is a whitewash of justice," Emanuel said."

“Where is the accountability in the system?" the mayor fumed. "You cannot have, because of a person’s position, one set of rules apply to them and another set of rules applying to everybody else.”

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Lol at the judge sealing the case. This is shady AF

I understood what they were saying to mean that the evidence can never be revealed, nor ever be used against him, should any subsequent trials be forthcoming.

Shady AF is an understatement m8. So far not a single legal talking head I've heard comment on the ruling can give an explanation as to why the judge took this route, given the facts of the case.

16 minutes ago, TwennyFo said:

I understood what they were saying to mean that the evidence can never be revealed, nor ever be used against him, should any subsequent trials be forthcoming.

Shady AF is an understatement m8. So far not a single legal talking head I've heard comment on the ruling can give an explanation as to why the judge took this route, given the facts of the case.

All I can figure is some dumb*** detective did something procedurely wrong and the prosecution thought if it went to trial he'd walk on a technicality.  

Or it's all politics.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

I can't say that I've ever seen a mayor call out a prosecutor like this before.

“From top to bottom this is not on the level,” Mayor Rahm Emanuel said. “At the end of the day, it’s Mr. Smollett that committed this false claim.”

"This is a whitewash of justice," Emanuel said."

“Where is the accountability in the system?" the mayor fumed. "You cannot have, because of a person’s position, one set of rules apply to them and another set of rules applying to everybody else.”

any second now he's going to be labeled as racist, Obama's former chief of staff just wants to keep darkie down apparently.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TwennyFo said:

It's the prosecutors that dismiss the case, not a judge.

Kim Foxx, state's attorney who should have been in charge of prosecuting the case, was immediately in touch with Tina Tchen, Michelle Obama's chief of staff, when the case first came up. Then Tchen gave Foxx's number to Smollett's relatives to reach out to her directly. It was only after Smollett was arrested and all this came to light that she recused herself.

Now.. she can recuse herself, and allow an employee of hers to take the case, but she is still technically their supervisor. Also, it should be noted that she tried her best to undermine the investigation into the crime by requesting the FBI take it over from day one. She made those requests directly to the superintendent. 

This is corruption in prosecutor's office, and there will be hell to pay. Watch.

Just now, sobercuban said:

any second now he's going to be labeled as racist, Obama's former chief of staff just wants to keep darkie down apparently.  

Already has been labeled a racist for previous reasons. That's part of why he didn't run for re-election. He doesn't even get along with the police union, they feel like he doesn't have their backs. So for him, of all people, to stand up and say this is wrong... that tells me a lot.

• Thanks 1

Apparently charges getting dismissed = being exonerated too.  I can't even go on Twitter right now, it's ****ing up my mood.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

“Where is the accountability in the system?" "You cannot have, because of a person’s position, one set of rules apply to them and another set of rules applying to everybody else.”

There is none. The ruling class, wealthy & celebs play by different sets of rules. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

Does Sinister still post?

I'm assuming he's posting in the Facebook chat, but he hasn't posted here in a bit, I talked to him a couple of weeks ago.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

I'm assuming he's posting in the Facebook chat, but he hasn't posted here in a bit, I talked to him a couple of weeks ago.  

Oh man.. if you talk to him again tell him I miss him!

• Like 1

We are definitely in a weird time socially when a director can say "I don’t see myself casting a white dude as the lead in my movie." and it is greeted with a round of applause.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sobercuban said:

is he still going hard on the swish?

Gas Thieves Siphon Wrong Tank on Bus in Gross Mix-Up

Thieves once attempted to siphon gas from a bus got a nasty surprise—they instead tapped the sewage tank.

The unidentified thieves spotted a parked bus in Laverton, Australia, at night, reported the Daily Mail years ago. But the story this week has gone viral again, perhaps because of the “instant karma” nature of the story and because so many people have been victims of gas siphoning.

When they attempted to siphon the gasoline, they instead got a mouthful of raw sewage.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/gas-thieves-siphon-wrong-tank-on-bus-in-gross-mix-up_2854487.html

11 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Was like watching Mayweather/McGregor. He got carried, landed 1 punch, and then ran for dear life. 

• Haha 1

If a white man had admitted to drugging and robbing women, he'd be outcasted to the same island as Roman Polanski. 

6 hours ago, -idyb- said:

Gas Thieves Siphon Wrong Tank on Bus in Gross Mix-Up

Thieves once attempted to siphon gas from a bus got a nasty surprise—they instead tapped the sewage tank.

The unidentified thieves spotted a parked bus in Laverton, Australia, at night, reported the Daily Mail years ago. But the story this week has gone viral again, perhaps because of the “instant karma” nature of the story and because so many people have been victims of gas siphoning.

When they attempted to siphon the gasoline, they instead got a mouthful of raw sewage.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/gas-thieves-siphon-wrong-tank-on-bus-in-gross-mix-up_2854487.html

thats ****ed up 

4 hours ago, TUF said:

If a white man had admitted to drugging and robbing women, he'd be outcasted to the same island as Roman Polanski. 

They would have their Pepsi commercials taken off the air at the very least.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TUF said:

The only thing that really irritates me about this story is the amount of people coming away with chit like "Y'all don't know what its like to grow up in the hood" "She did what she had to survive."

Since when has living in a chitty area been an excuse for being a chitty person lol? I don't want to speak for everyone from there but can't we just build that wall around the hood if this is the type of crazy ho it creates lol.

D2oDZeGWwAAoJeK.jpg

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

♪♫♬ This is how we do it, it's Friday night and I feel alright.  The party's here on the West side. ♪♫♬

Calc 3 hundo edited.jpg

13 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

♪♫♬ This is how we do it, it's Friday night and I feel alright.  The party's here on the West side. ♪♫♬

Calc 3 hundo edited.jpg

Grats man.

In Highschool i was a bad student. I was great at math, and average in most other classes, sucked at the languages.

But when I went to trade school, and later on  did my college level OHS, i started off by studying because I was actually paying to be there, and I started getting 90's. Got an award for my grades, highest in the province for my first year Electrical.

That motivated me going forward, every year I ended up 95%+

I can say that even in careers like the trades, where grades are nearly never seen, it matters. It opened up opportunities early and I had the motivation to keep doing better because the rewards were there.

So keep going, even if it sucks hard on some extra studying or putting in an extra page or two on a paper, its worth it in the end.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

Hey Sober did you ever sponsor anyone? Also do you go to meetings anymore?

Yeah I've sponsored more guys than I can remember, one guy I sponsored when he first got sober messaged me on Facebook that he picked up 11 years a few weeks ago.  Was a cool feeling

But no, haven't been to a meeting in nearly 6 years.  

• Like 1

Yeah I've sponsored more guys than I can remember, one guy I sponsored when he first got sober messaged me on Facebook that he picked up 11 years a few weeks ago.  Was a cool feeling

But no, haven't been to a meeting in nearly 6 years.  

Damn thats awesome.. how long have you been clean for now?

• Like 1

Just now, freddievanhalen3 said:

Damn thats awesome.. how long have you been clean for now?

I mean, technically I haven't been for about 7 years.  I mean I don't do other drugs besides smoking weed, I haven't taken an opiate in nearly 6 years.  It just hasn't been a problem lately.  I sure as **** wouldn't be able to handle it had I not gotten 11 years in before left.  People in the program will probably tell you that you'll never be able to drink/use successfully though, and they're probably right.  

I think I'm anchored by my wife, when I used to use in the past I was usually depressed or something too.  But after having been happy for several years I'm dealing pretty well.  I'll go back if it becomes a problem.  I still keep in loose contact with my sponsor so it wouldn't be hard to jump back in.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sobercuban said:

I mean, technically I haven't been for about 7 years.  I mean I don't do other drugs besides smoking weed, I haven't taken an opiate in nearly 6 years.  It just hasn't been a problem lately.  I sure as **** wouldn't be able to handle it had I not gotten 11 years in before left.  People in the program will probably tell you that you'll never be able to drink/use successfully though, and they're probably right.  

I think I'm anchored by my wife, when I used to use in the past I was usually depressed or something too.  But after having been happy for several years I'm dealing pretty well.  I'll go back if it becomes a problem.  I still keep in loose contact with my sponsor so it wouldn't be hard to jump back in.  

Yea I certainly cant drink or use with control and as far as weed goes I really dont consider that a really drug... you cant really get addicted to it but you can be dependent on it.. I dont smoke weed but I do take some cbd and edibles for sleep and relaxation. I just got an NA sponsor I originally did my AA 12 steps but some **** has been happening lately that kinda sucks so I feel like I need get back to working on my sobriety more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

Yea I certainly cant drink or use with control and as far as weed goes I really dont consider that a really drug... you cant really get addicted to it but you can be dependent on it.. I dont smoke weed but I do take some cbd and edibles for sleep and relaxation. I just got an NA sponsor I originally did my AA 12 steps but some **** has been happening lately that kinda sucks so I feel like I need get back to working on my sobriety more.

Just go to as many meetings as you can, I'm serious.  I went to a meeting a day AT LEAST everyday for over 3 years, surely saved my life.  

• Like 1

Just go to as many meetings as you can, I'm serious.  I went to a meeting a day AT LEAST everyday for over 3 years, surely saved my life.  

Yea like I said I havent been going to meetings as much but when I fist got sober I was going to a meeting everyday and two meetings on my days off... I need to get back to that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

Also thank you for the advice Sober.. you are a really good guy

You're welcome man, you can always PM me if you need to talk.  I remember early sobriety well.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sobercuban said:

You're welcome man, you can always PM me if you need to talk.  I remember early sobriety well.  

Thank you I really appreciate it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

Yea like I said I havent been going to meetings as much but when I fist got sober I was going to a meeting everyday and two meetings on my days off... I need to get back to that

u should come get drunk with me and brian and attend our marijuana anonymous meetings.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sobercuban said:

yeah lets just grab hold of an umbrella in the middle of a tornado. whats the worst that could happen?

thats a vert idea right there

• Haha 1