Sign in to follow this  
OfWolfandMan

Bourbon & Whiskey appreciation thread

Bourbon and Whiskey > Beer

Love me some beer, but I agree

The nuance and overall flavor profile is so much more complex and rich

And, lets keep it real, you look more badass & sophisticated than some schlub mouthing a bottle

With sweet iced tea is how I drink it. Delicious. I'm not a big bourbon guy, but I like it that way.

drink it however the **** you like it, you got that?

• Like 1

What is the difference between bourbon and whiskey? I always thought they were sort of the same.

bourbon mash bill must be at least 51% corn, distilled for at least 2 years in new charred oak barrels

and it helps if its made in KY  ;)

• Like 1

bourbon mash bill must be at least 51% corn, distilled for at least 2 years in new charred oak barrels

and it helps if its made in KY  ;)

I mean, don't they sort of taste the same? I probably haven't had bourbon in like 15-20 years. 

I mean, don't they sort of taste the same? I probably haven't had bourbon in like 15-20 years. 

God no!! I drank some irish smack the other day and made me wanna voimmit

That **** tastes like its distilled from moss or someones fromunda

To be more precise about your previous question

You've probably heard it before: all bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon. If you're a whiskey (and especially bourbon) drinker, you need to know what that means. 

By definition, whiskey (or whisky, in Scotland) is a spirit distilled from fermented grain mash — grain varieties include wheat, rye, barley, and corn — and then aged in wooden barrels. Whiskey is made all over the world and there are many popular styles including Scotch whisky, Irish whiskey, and American whiskey. The most popular form of American whiskey is bourbon, which has its own specific definition.

"Bourbon needs to be produced in America and made from 51 percent corn, whisky does not," says Maker's Mark Master Distiller Greg Davis. Bourbon also needs to be stored in new, charred oak barrels whereas whiskey barrels do need to be oak but not new or charred. "Lastly, to be called bourbon, the liquid needs to be distilled to no more than 160 proof and entered into the barrel at 125." For other whiskies the liquid must be distilled to no more than 190 proof. David notes that this isn't just common practice — "it's actual bourbon law

• Like 1

Anyone ever try this? I remember everyone was making a big deal about it a while back and paying ridiculous money for it.

PVW-23yr.png

My boss loves that ****, I cant afford to drink it, though. Even a shot costs upward of $50-100 a pour

Ive had some W L Weller which is made from the same mash, but tastes sour to me

God no!! I drank some irish smack the other day and made me wanna voimmit

That **** tastes like its distilled from moss or someones fromunda

To be more precise about your previous question

Well, I love the super peaty stuff, now. My wife tells me that when I first moved here 10 years ago, that I tried the same stuff and thought it was disgusting. My selective memory says no. 

What is something good to start with, for 75-100 bucks or less? 

Well, I love the super peaty stuff, now. My wife tells me that when I first moved here 10 years ago, that I tried the same stuff and thought it was disgusting. My selective memory says no. 

What is something good to start with, for 75-100 bucks or less? 

uh, per bottle or shot?

There are numerous varieties for under $10 a pour (shot)

Woodford, Angels, Eagle Rare, Bulliet, Makers Mark

^^any of those are great to start with, or even stick with

uh, per bottle or shot?

There are numerous varieties for under $10 a pour (shot)

Woodford, Angels, Eagle Rare, Bulliet, Makers Mark

^^any of those are great to start with, or even stick with

lol, per bottle. I'd never pay that much a shot. 

I just looked up a bunch of prices, they aren't nearly as high as I thought. My wife like expensive ****, but the bottle lasts years, we don't drink much. Can't get the Angels, other than online and it's 90 buck or more...

You'd have a fit with our government controlled liquor store. ;)

It's very good

Did you let it breathe before sipping? My boss said his first drink wasnt impressive, but noticed the second was amazing, he figured it shares similar properties to wine, hence letting it breathe

• Like 1

Anyone ever try this? I remember everyone was making a big deal about it a while back and paying ridiculous money for it.

PVW-23yr.png

I didn't see your post lol

If you can afford it, this is the best way to **** a bunch of fat bish's

• Like 1

Did you let it breathe before sipping? My boss said his first drink wasnt impressive, but noticed the second was amazing, he figured it shares similar properties to wine, hence letting it breathe

Yeah, one of my buddies Dad has a bar in his basement full of high end liquors. I've never bought it myself

• Like 1

Glenlivet is Bawse

My father in law loves that ****...I keep a bottle at the house just for him, and a bottle of Seagrams 7 for my brother in law

My in laws are fegs

• Like 1

My father in law loves that ****...I keep a bottle at the house just for him, and a bottle of Seagrams 7 for my brother in law

My in laws are fegs

Seagrams 7 = *fart noise*

• Like 1