Sign in to follow this  
Bubba_Sparks

Non-welcher's list of honourable GOATs

Whilst we rightly name and shame the welcher, it also seems fitting that we celebrate those who have the mental fortitude and honour to hold their heads up high and take it on the chin when they lose a bet. This thread is not just for the occasional AV wearer or week long sig-bet loser; this is for those who's AV/SIg and dignity are rarely their own, for the ****-drinkers, the poop-eaters and the you-tube singers

So far the nominees for this esteemed list are:-

1. PoonMachine (running the Machida/Silva sig for 6 months+)

2. MGun (for chasing people up to give him his dues)

3. JBJF (for striding manfully into the 2nd month of his 6 month user-name loss)

4. Uncle Polo (for reluctantly replacing DC with a triple whammy of Davis, Khabib and Lawler. His AV has belonge to other people for many months)

5. Shady (for posting a vid of him singing when he's clearly tone deaf)

6. Sober (Dude drank the **** apparently)

7. Chanman (Another **** drinker)

8. 12er (solid non-welching)

9. Omoplatypus (multiple defeats involving losing the precious platypus)

10. TC (Stoic Aussie non-welching)

11. MMA_FTW (more solid non-welching)

12. Eclipse (famous non-welcher and deserves to be on all lists of honour)

13. TUF (loveable non-welchy names like Jake Ellen de Generes)

14. Jason_H (took a six-monther on the chin)

15. Ozpride (1 month in purgatory and taking it on the chin for bets he didn't recall)

16. The Enigmae (many many non-welching defeats plus 2 weeks in the help section)

17. Juice (Taking the NWO hit)

18. Ares (see above)

20. Bubba Sparks (0-3, plus didn't flinch from the quadruple combo nocake bet)

21. WarWest (for a Randy-esque 19-12 record plus current AV speaks volumes that he's still got it!)

22. Transcendent GOAT of GOATs (for transcending happily from transcendence to transcience)

23. Trez (for Lazarus-like transcendence from the welcher's list to the honourable list after recovering from illness)

24. Carnages (for stoic and honourable un-welching; rumours of X-box purchasing welching firmly quashed upon review)

25. WTG (his record speaks for itself)

25.5 Cashflow (much honourableness including quashing some residual misunderstandings with Nyte for the greater good (the greater good)

26. Twennyfo (made a bet involving real money; lost the bet and reminded the person he had the bet with who had forgotten all about it. Should really be number 1)

27. NyteRyder (wore a Barbie AV....maybe enjoyed it, but most would have welched)

28. NoCake (EdGod punch face and Conor non-welchiness)

29. NPW (stepped into a lolWMMA double underdog bet and unhesitatingly sported the losing sig)

30. TSU (something to do with milk-shake)
31. Decompoze (confessed to losing a match that had been wrongly attributed to him as a win)

32. Jason_H - first ever two time honourable non-welche

This thread is now open for other nominations to be considered by the honourable GOATs committee

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 13

Whilst we rightly name and shame the welcher, it also seems fitting that we celebrate those who have the mental fortitude and honour to hold their heads up high and take it on the chin when they lose a bet. This thread is not for the occasional AV wearer or week long sig-bet loser; this is for those who's AV/SIg and dignity are rarely their own, for the ****-drinkers, the poop-eaters and the you-tube singers

So far the nominees for this esteemed list are:-

1. PoonMachine (running the Machida/Silva sig for 6 months+)

2. MGun (for chasing people up to give him his dues)

3. JBJF (for striding manfully into the 2nd month of his 6 month user-name loss)

4. Uncle Polo (for reluctantly replacing DC with a triple whammy of Davis, Khabib and Lawler)

5. Shady (for posting a vid of him singing when he's clearly tone deaf)

This thread is now open for other nominations to be considered by the honourable GOATs committee

Thanks for adding me to the list, as I have never welched anything. But I feel I need to let you know that I set that Davis AV myself, it rustled some jims and I don't mind Davis. lol

• Like 6

Sober is a piss drinker, he is GOAT

i have never welched, but i never lost either lol

Okay, sober makes it.

Maybe you should lose on purpose to make the list.  You Tube singing bet on the Calderwood fight :)?

• Like 5

Why praise a bunch of losers?

It's how you deal with defeat CB, you know that. Some deal with it by crying, raging and welching, others just man up and take their punishment.

This list celebrates those people.

• Like 6

Okay, sober makes it.

Maybe you should lose on purpose to make the list.  You Tube singing bet on the Calderwood fight :)?

I retired from betting a long time ago, i think i would break youtube with my singing :P

• Like 6

I've lost one bet and that was to JP back in 09' and I followed through like a boss, I never welch...

Ginger power to stronk

lol

Edited by Eclipse76
  • Like 8

You say this while giving props to a bunch of,losers in your sig

Raiders- 3 time super bowl champions

A's- 4 world series championships in Oakland

Warriors- 1975 NBA champs

It is meant to represent my loyalty to my home teams.

• Like 2

Raiders- 3 time super bowl championsA's- 4 world series championships in OaklandWarriors- 1975 NBA champsIt is meant to represent my loyalty to my home teams.

And this thread is here to show support for people who actually follow through with bets, what don't you get?

• Like 1

I've never welched either. Maybe this thread should be for the people who haven't welched (not just the people who went through with crazy bets), just keep there names at the top.

• Like 2

you thinkin of Fatalstrife?

for some reason i was lurking particularly avidly in those days. The guy seemed to come over from cameldog with the express purpose of losing a piss drinking bet.  Weird.  Not sure he should be included for that reason alone.

I've never welched either. Maybe this thread should be for the people who haven't welched (not just the people who went through with crazy bets), just keep there names at the top.

That is exactly what this thread is for. lol

• Like 3

By the way, cash, hitem, nocake any time you'd like to nominate a particularly iron-jimmed poster who didn't hesitate to take their punishment and even regularly harrassed one of you to make sure you didn't let them off too lightly, i'm sure that poster would be delighted, thanks in eager anticipation.

• Like 3

That is exactly what this thread is for. lol

Well it wasn't before bubba just changed it lol. He was only including people who went through with crazier bets. 

These people should be added:

12er

Omoplatypus

JP

Me

Juice

TC

MMA_FTW

Eclipse

I just smoked so I can't think of anyone else atm lol, but there are a lot more people who honor their bets.

• Like 5

Yea that was him! What every happened to him??

I feel like he got banned right after I became a mod, but it might've been someone else that I'm thinking of.

• Like 1

Yea that was him! What every happened to him??

He got banned for constantly making racist threads about Brazilians.

And you guys make it sound like he was around for a while, he was only here for like a week

Edited by 12er
  • Like 8

Well it wasn't before bubba just changed it lol. He was only including people who went through with crazier bets. 

12er

Omoplatypus

JP

Me

Juice

TC

MMA_FTW

Eclipse

I just smoked so I can't think of anyone else atm lol, but there are a lot more people who honor their bets.

Yes it was, he had me on the list and I've never accepted a crazy bet.

And you guys make it sound like he was around for a while, he was only here for like a week

Yeah he wasn't on long but I don't think that he is banned

Personally, i'm surprised you're still calling yourself that after black to black losses  ;)

doesn't hurt when you got 20 straight before it

• Like 4

I've only ever taken 3 bets, and lost all three of them. The first two were Sig bets because I didn't want to drop the Bright Welches av, and I wore both of them long after the expiration date. The third one I am currently serving time on with the Robbie LawGOAT av because Bright has had his fifteen minutes.

I don't mind not being included on this list of honorable members though, as I am not an avid better of sigs and avs.

• Like 2

I smoke mad tree homie. A week to me is like a year to you non stoners.

It does when you couldn't even get out of the first round this time.

Patster is the Chuck Liddell of the forum. Was once an invincible GOAT but once he got KTFOed it was all downhill from there.

RIP in pieces #TBE.

• Like 12

Chanman barely let the piss touch his lips before he spit/wretched. 

I let mine pour slowly into my mouth like cough syrup

• Like 14

12er

Omoplatypus

JP

Me

Juice

TC

MMA_FTW

Eclipse

Yeah, sorry man, i realised i'd missed a key word "just" - it was meant to say it's not just for the occasional AV wearer etc, but said it's not for the occasional AV wearer.

I wll add those.  They are all highly honourable and highly trusted honourable GOATs in my book

• Like 5

Chanman barely let the piss touch his lips before he spit/wretched. 

I let mine pour slowly into my mouth like cough syrup

410004315.jpg

• Like 8

I think my av and username speaks for itself.

12er

Omoplatypus

JP

Colecain

Juice

TC

MMA_FTW

Eclipse

SinisterUrge

WTG

All need to be added.

Hespect.

Alright.. for the most part, people are respectable on here. Even the people that other people claim to be welches, have always owned up and served their sentences. WTG, FH, etc.

Jason_H has lost about a billion bets to me. Sig/AV/username til January 1st, 2015 and that was like six months ago. He lost a three month STFU bet that he wriggled out of, but I kind of allowed that. So I would still call him honorable.

Omoplatypus regularly serves his sentences. He does get a tad bit hostile afterwards, but that's okay. I'm a ****ty loser too.

Ozpride has served a month in purgatory. No posting besides posts that I allowed because he was putting a can in place. He didn't even remember betting me on the Hunt/Werdum fight and put the sig up anyways.

the_enigma served at least 2 weeks, might have been a month in the Help section. Only one errant post. I forgave it.

juice and Ares both had my signatures for way longer than they should've. lol... Ares still has that NWO sig, months later.

WTG has never welched a bet with me. He's lost a solid three or four times, and always owns up.

FH actually has never welched a bet with me. He argued out of a sig one time, and I gave in. No biggie.

People that I haven't bet but can vouch for:

xfatalstrifex did drink piss. I saw it.

sobercuban also drank piss. 

Last but not least... I've lost four bets total. One to fatalstrife and he got bant the night of the fight. One to Cromwell and he got bant prior to the fight even happening. Fatal managed to create an alt to get me a sig that I left up for the entire month, despite him being bant. I served the purgatory sentence in the Get Acquainted section for the Cromwell bet, despite him also being bant.

I served a month in purgatory with no posting from a bet with Ozpride for the Hunt/Nelson fight, and I have this AV from a loss on Saturday. I'd better be on this list.

Hespect.

Alright.. for the most part, people are respectable on here. Even the people that other people claim to be welches, have always owned up and served their sentences. WTG, FH, etc.

Jason_H has lost about a billion bets to me. Sig/AV/username til January 1st, 2015 and that was like six months ago. He lost a three month STFU bet that he wriggled out of, but I kind of allowed that. So I would still call him honorable.

Omoplatypus regularly serves his sentences. He does get a tad bit hostile afterwards, but that's okay. I'm a **** loser too.

Ozpride has served a month in purgatory. No posting besides posts that I allowed because he was putting a can in place. He didn't even remember betting me on the Hunt/Werdum fight and put the sig up anyways.

the_enigma served at least 2 weeks, might have been a month in the Help section. Only one errant post. I forgave it.

juice and Ares both had my signatures for way longer than they should've. lol... Ares still has that NWO sig, months later.

WTG has never welched a bet with me. He's lost a solid three or four times, and always owns up.

FH actually has never welched a bet with me. He argued out of a sig one time, and I gave in. No biggie.

People that I haven't bet but can vouch for:

xfatalstrifex did drink piss. I saw it.

sobercuban also drank piss. 

Last but not least... I've lost four bets total. One to fatalstrife and he got bant the night of the fight. One to Cromwell and he got bant prior to the fight even happening. Fatal managed to create an alt to get me a sig that I left up for the entire month, despite him being bant. I served the purgatory sentence in the Get Acquainted section for the Cromwell bet, despite him also being bant.

I served a month in purgatory with no posting from a bet with Ozpride for the Hunt/Nelson fight, and I have this AV from a loss on Saturday. I'd better be on this list.

lol, i dont have sigs on so I forgot about it

• Like 1