Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

Dawn-planet.png

5/5

I rarely give a movie a perfect score, but my god this movie was just so good. Instant classic for me.

The first movie was just a perfect setup for Caesar in this movie. complements it so well. He really steals the show from a show thats out of this world to begin with. Andy Serkis deserves an academy for this performance, its just too good.

Its got everything you need...action, drama, unpredictable characters, allegorical is almost every aspect. 

The movie on a whole should at least be nominated and i would be perfectly fine with a win.

Edited by SteelerNation43
  • Like 3

I should add I havent seen either of the recent Planet of the apes movies, so I might have to check them out soon.

i actually watched the first one (rise of the planet of the apes) for a second time before Dawn to remember what i forgot. Easily a 4/5 and a perfect precursor to its sequel. 

• Like 1

The last movie I watched was Guardians of the Galaxy and I would give it 8.5/10.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

same here mate. Missus ****in hated it. But she's an angry bogan so i forgive her
  • Like 6

same here mate. Missus **** hated it. But she's an angry bogan so i forgive her

LoL! Being from Tassie I expect that comes with the territory  :lol:

• Like 3

same here mate. Missus **** hated it. But she's an angry bogan so i forgive her

lol

• Like 2

Last movies I watched were Home Alone 1 and 2 10/10 :lol:

Last movie i watched for the first time.  X-men Days of Future past.  8/10. 

• Like 4

LoL! Being from Tassie I expect that comes with the territory :lol:

yeah bud I'm sitting on the couch having a beer and she is cutting sick about Christmas presents and her sister while drinking a Bundy. I'm living the dream.
  • Like 3

yeah bud I'm sitting on the couch having a beer and she is cutting sick about Christmas presents and her sister while drinking a Bundy. I'm living the dream.

747.gif

• Like 3

The-Babadook-Poster.jpg

2/5

damn, what a disappointment. 

I was really looking forward to this because of all its high praise but the payoff just isn't there. Well acted and it progressed well, but the ending was just trying too hard to be something that it shouldn't have been. 

Last two movies I watched were:

Guardians of the Galaxy: Excellent movie, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am Groot. 10/10

The Judge: Excellent movie, I thoroughly enjoyed it. You think you're having a bad day? You think you're life is ****ed up? Watch this movie and compare it to what Robert Downey Jr goes through. ****ing crazy! 10/10

• Like 1

I watched the latest hobbit film last night.  I give it a B-

40 or so pages from the book turned into a 2:30 epic battle scene. Enjoyable, but fairly predictable.

Gonna see this movie over the weekend.

• Like 2

post-406774-0-77859900-1418955071.jpgOkay, LOTR - 9/10

his trolling. It's over 9000!!!!!

Lol

:lol:

Edited by crangs
  • Like 7

^sober's trolling is indeed very well done. vastly superior compared to the mundane rose trolling that was coming my way which is easily ignored. ie: posting random fighter on a actual can. 

Edited by Pigs_on_the_Wing
  • Like 1

Last film I watched was the hobbit. 9/10, was totally badass and the more fighting the better

Off to see hunger games tomorrow, hoping it's good!

Funny, i found the hobbit a bit....meh.

Have you read the hunger games books? It should be awesome.

• Like 2

Funny, i found the hobbit a bit....meh.

Have you read the hunger games books? It should be awesome.

I'm biased, I'll be honest. I'm a big Martin Freeman fan, think he's priceless. Actually found thr book a bit bland if I'm honest, thought they brought a lot more out of the characters in the film.

I have read the books, and thoroughly enjoyed them. Think they have done a good job with the films so far. Looking forward to seeing how they deal with the Peeta scenario.

• Like 2

I'm biased, I'll be honest. I'm a big Martin Freeman fan, think he's priceless. Actually found thr book a bit bland if I'm honest, thought they brought a lot more out of the characters in the film.

I have read the books, and thoroughly enjoyed them. Think they have done a good job with the films so far. Looking forward to seeing how they deal with the Peeta scenario.

Yeah, anyone from the Office is good value. They've actually used a lot from the Silmarillion (although they have to be careful with references due to rights).

Ah that's good. If you like them, you'd also like the divergent series (even better in my view).

Gone-Girl-2014-film-poster.jpg?c71332

3/5

While captivating and extremely well acted, this is another movie where the ending completely misses the mark. 

Rosemund deserves a oscar nom but the film on a whole doesn't come close. Not sure why its getting so much praise in that category.

Edited by Pigs_on_the_Wing
  • Like 2

The last movie I watched was Guardians of the Galaxy and I would give it 8.5/10.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Me too actually, I'm always late to watching the new movies and that was so good. Surprised how much it made me laugh, Batistas character was actually my favourite and I thought he wouldn't be good but he shocked me

• Like 3

Gone-Girl-2014-film-poster.jpg?c71332

3/5

While captivating and extremely well acted, this is another movie where the ending completely misses the mark. 

Rosemund deserves a oscar nom but the film on a whole doesn't come close. Not sure why its getting so much praise in that category.

I thought it was still a good movie overall.  It had one nice twist, but the ending was a little dissatisfying.  

• Like 1

The Mockingjay part 1

8/10 - Might have rated higher but I went with my ex-GF and was sad because I'm the Peeta to her Katniss ....

this makes me want to kill myself.

• Like 3

me too : (

probably for different reasons....

your horrible metaphor is why I want to drink gasoline then swallow a match.

;)

• Like 2

probably for different reasons....

your horrible metaphor is why I want to drink gasoline then swallow a match.

;)

lol I got it. 

Even after typing it I felt dirty about the fact that I had to look up the correct way to spell Peeta

• Like 1