Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

.... thinking Oceans 8 later maybe, anyone seen it ?

I know you watch some chit but c'mon, m8....

• Like 2

I know you watch some chit but c'mon, m8....

it just became available today w/ Forbidden Kingdom and the new Cage movie '18,

the sound track was ok

• Like 1

it just became available today w/ Forbidden Kingdom and the new Cage movie '18,

the sound track was ok

If they didn't tag it to the Oceans universe then maybe i would've strammed it.  It at least looks more redeemable than the ghostbusters chitshow though so i give them that

• Like 2

If they didn't tag it to the Oceans universe then maybe i would've strammed it. It at least looks more redeemable than the ghostbusters chitshow though so i give them that

Lmao I watched 20 mins of GB before turning it off.

• Like 3

If they didn't tag it to the Oceans universe then maybe i would've strammed it.  It at least looks more redeemable than the ghostbusters chitshow though so i give them that

watching news now, .. apparently this opening was a real big deal in the us,

.... broke box office record for the franchise over the weekend 45.1 million  ... who knew ?

... it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't that good either,

no sex, no violence, really no action -

Edited by Bezerker101

Lmao I watched 20 mins of GB before turning it off.

My Mrs put it on, I went to the pub.  I got the definite best part of that deal :lol:

• Like 3

The Cell - Part bizzare and visually intriguing thriller, part terrible Jenifer Lopez vehicle. Worth a watch for the visuals but otherwise seems like a waste of good ideas.

There is one particularly dumb and pointless scene near the start with Lopez shown smoking weed in her house and showing off her body... just totally gratuitous. The film’s resolution of plot is also deeply annoying and makes the better aspects of the film redundant.
Still, worth a watch just for the intriguing, non-sensical visuals. Also, Vince Vaughn is fairly decent in his straight faced role
5/10

Edited by andyz
  • Like 1

The Cell - Part bizzare and visually intriguing thriller, part terrible Jenifer Lopez vehicle. Worth a watch for the visuals but otherwise seems like a waste of good ideas.

There is one particularly dumb and pointless scene near the start with Lopez shown smoking weed in her house and showing off her body... just totally gratuitous. The film’s resolution of plot is also deeply annoying and makes the better aspects of the film redundant.

Still, worth a watch just for the intriguing, non-sensical visuals. Also, Vince Vaughn is fairly decent in his straight faced role.

5/10

Complaining about a movie showing off prime JLo's assets....

Please go under your sink and consume every bottle of Drano you have

• Like 1

The gf put on the new tomb raider last night. I watched about 10 minutes and had to leave the room because I was trashing it too much in that amount of time. I really don't understand the appeal to these sort of movies. Predictable, cringe and corny. 2.5/10 from the 10 minutes I watched.

I got to choose one after and a mate told me about 'A quiet place' so decided on that. Not a bad watch although annoying in parts -  as usual ****ing kids screw everything up and caused frustration throughout the film. 6.6/10 though - not complete crap but not amazing either.

.... if I gotta choice - statham, lundgren, adkins, seagall, cung lee, van damme, owen, hawke, law, chan, jet, woo, yen or

iko uwais .... prefer classics but I've been conditioned to watch anything ..... I have no vote here ....

anything but clay guida, fkface dipchit hippie mthafkrsob smmfh ....

The Invisible Guest: 8/10. A very respectable film that had me hooked until the twist at the very end. One of the better Spanish language films I've seen recently.

• Like 1

Was in to see the new Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom last night and I have to be honest I thought it was a step down from the last one.

It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination but it just doesn't feel like it ever reaches the heights of the last Jurassic World. Chris Pratt isn't as funny as he is in the first, the main villain doesn't seem as threatening and the story feels pretty clunky at times.

Not the worst but far from the best

7/10

• Like 1

Was in to see the new Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom last night and I have to be honest I thought it was a step down from the last one.

It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination but it just doesn't feel like it ever reaches the heights of the last Jurassic World. Chris Pratt isn't as funny as he is in the first, the main villain doesn't seem as threatening and the story feels pretty clunky at times.

Not the worst but far from the best

7/10

Dude I entirely agree. The way I describe it to people who ask is 'lazy'. It wasn't a terrible movie but it was just worse in every way than the first.

• Like 1

now watching Escape ll / Stallone & Bautista, 50 cent ..... stand by for my ebert -

escape-plan-2-banner.jpg

.... and Tyron Woodley .... I'm about :40 in ..... it's ok, go for it -

....just finished up ...1:34 runtime

gonna be a trequel without a doubt ....

Do i need to see Breaking Out 1 to appreciate out the Breaking Out canon.

• Like 2

Do i need to see Breaking Out 1 to appreciate out the Breaking Out canon.

it's escspe plan 2, I saw the first one with arnold, it's good ...... the only point that relates to

the first movie is the owner of the prisons, .. no, u do not have to watch the first  .... it stands alone ....

My in depth and detailed analysis of Jurasic World 2: "Thats a big pile of ****"

• Like 4

Jurassic World: Attack of the Clones

Speaking of Star Wars, I rescind all previous criticism of Kathleen Kennedy and Disney for firing Colin Trevorow as writer/director for Episode 9. This script was an abortion.

• Like 1

Darkest Hour - truely excellent display from Gary Oldman, stunning in fact. Very powerful messages of desperation coupled with fear of pending doom. Thoroughly enjoyed all of it.

Seen the new Predator trailer this morning, actually looks a lot better than the last one wit Adrien Brody and that god awful AvP sequel that looked like it was shot by a blind man.

Also Lebron James is apparently in a Space Jam 2. Why?

• Like 2

Seen the new Predator trailer this morning, actually looks a lot better than the last one wit Adrien Brody and that god awful AvP sequel that looked like it was shot by a blind man.

I liked the Adrien Brody Predator movie and would buy Space Jam 2 presale tickets as we speak

bswpfYe.gif

• Like 1

Yeah I liked it too. The new beefed up evolved Predator looks cool. Plus Olivia Munn

• Like 1

demolition man on the box. it would be rude not to

• Like 6

Channel please

itv4. I just managed to press record and go back To the start
  • Like 3

Boo. Nearly finished!

could've gone to plus one...
  • Like 2

This was on tv last night completely forgot I had even seen before it without a doubt one of the top 5 p4p worst films I have ever seen

WARNING TO ALL!!!

816K1ceAy0L._SY445_.jpg

Harsh Times 11/10

Absolutely outstanding movie. Prime Christian Bale rocks the chit and the supporting cast is great as well. Very interesting story of self destruction and the ending was just as good as the journey.

I can't recommend this movie enough.

• Like 1

The Frozen Ground- John Cusack, Nick Cage, and Vanessa Hudgens.

Based on the true story of an Alaskan serial killer. Not a bad movie and a story that I have never seen before. 6/8

Added 1 point for Hudgens being a stripper

• Like 1

Just watched A Quite Place, one of the best movies this year, its absolutely brilliant, wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was

Just tried to rent it, Xbox said no. Can only buy it. Stream incoming.

• Like 1

Sicario ll .... 1 gig hd download, 1 was better but ok

The Assignment ..2016 .. Michelle Rodriguez, directed by her father

The Assignment .. 2017 ..  JCVD

The Wall ..2017 .. John Cena war drama <

all good .... 7 ishes