Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

you know what, I rated 2/3rds of Sicario until it got silly. Sorry :(

you know what, I rated 2/3rds of Sicario until it got silly. Sorry :(

I wasnt a fan of the first one, it was an ok movie, but nothing I would watch again, way too slow and dragged out and had an awful ending, mostly hated the woman in it, shes a great actress but just wasnt good in the movie

Calibre.

Great suspenseful movie set in a cliquey Scottish highland village that doesn't take shìt from outsiders.

Good stuff from Netflix that is much better than the 6.6 that IMDB suggests.

8/10

• Like 1

This is a bit of a lol, sounds like the new Predator is going to suck a bag o ****s

• Like 3

Can't .... wait. .

I can. The first one should've lasted 15 minutes and then continued the story.

But is that really McAvoy? He has beefed up considerably.

• Like 1

yeah, it was worth a watch, .. good cast

Yea I do like that they subverted things a bit. Bad guys haven't just been bad guys in the last 3 Marvel movies at least. They've been fleshed out a bit with real motivations. Even little things like the dad (Ant Man) and the step dad have like a friendly supportive relationship instead of the stereotypical evil step dad take. 

Edited by TUF
  • Like 1

I heard that's it's terrible but haven't seen it myself

.... it is  terrible, Remmer may never Hawkeye again after this debocle -

I bought "A Quiet Place" 4k UHD bluray today. It is a 2k intermediate meaning that it's not shot in true 4k but man it is one if the nicest looking movies out ans if you have surround sound, more specifically Dolby atmos it is good. I wasnt expecting much eventhough it got a high rating from rotten tomatoes but the fiancee wanted to watch it. It was good. I am not going to spoil anything for those that haven't seen it but its definitely worth a rent if you're into that kind of stuff.

I'm also working my way through the Resident Evil collection that I got a few weeks ago on bluray. I saw all of them before except for the last two, and while they're corny and cheesy, they're just a fun watch.

Edited by I_Take_Roids_m8
  • Like 3

I've been meaning to watch A Quiet Place but haven't done it yet. I've seen all of the Resident Evil movies I think. A couple are pretty bad but for mindless zombie violence they are entertaining.

• Like 1

Got Super Troopers 2 next on my list.

Then will rewatch House of a thousand corpses and The devils rejects

• Like 1

I was disappointed in Super Troopers 2. It had a few funny parts but was meh overall. The first one was much better.

Just watched it.

I didn't mind it. I was afraid being a sequel it would have really sucked.

But after the first 15 mins it got better and was ok. First was better though.

From the interviews ive seen with the cast recently it seems like they were really self aware they couldnt outdo the first super troopers, so they just tried to make the best movie they could. I havent seen it yet but I'd still watch even if it got terrible reviews

• Like 1

Got Super Troopers 2 next on my list.

Then will rewatch House of a thousand corpses and The devils rejects

Have you seen the teaser images for "3 from hell"? I'm excited

From the interviews ive seen with the cast recently it seems like they were really self aware they couldnt outdo the first super troopers, so they just tried to make the best movie they could. I havent seen it yet but I'd still watch even if it got terrible reviews

Got about half way through before I just stop caring about it and shut it off. It wasnt terrible but really didnt hold my interest.

Have you seen the teaser images for "3 from hell"? I'm excited

I follow Sidès Captain Spaulding page and have seen pictures here and there. But past that not much.

I cant wait, the two prior were great movies, and I expect Rob will pull another great one out.

I bought "A Quiet Place" 4k UHD bluray today. It is a 2k intermediate meaning that it's not shot in true 4k but man it is one if the nicest looking movies out ans if you have surround sound, more specifically Dolby atmos it is good. I wasnt expecting much eventhough it got a high rating from rotten tomatoes but the fiancee wanted to watch it. It was good. I am not going to spoil anything for those that haven't seen it but its definitely worth a rent if you're into that kind of stuff.

I'm also working my way through the Resident Evil collection that I got a few weeks ago on bluray. I saw all of them before except for the last two, and while they're corny and cheesy, they're just a fun watch.

watched yesterday >

a quiet place - good

gotti/ Travolta - good

5th passenger - meh

last man - Shelley/ Keitel - meh

• Like 1

watched yesterday >

a quiet place - good

gotti/ Travolta - good

5th passenger - meh

last man - Shelley/ Keitel - meh

I am now second guessing every Bezerker movie review ive ever read after you gave the same "good" review to a movie on a lot of critics #1 best this year AND another movie on most critics #1 worst movie of the year :(

• Like 1

I am now second guessing every Bezerker movie review ive ever read after you gave the same "good" review to a movie on a lot of critics #1 best this year AND another movie on most critics #1 worst movie of the year :(

I watch so many movies mostly coz I have no choice, but it's all subjective obviously,

a quiet place - new concept, refreshing

gotti - I'm a Sicilian raised in Brooklyn, it's like watching home movies

5th passenger - horrible acting, trapped on space-ship w/ alien ............... again

last man -  from the 1826 Shelley work, book is better plus I expect more from Harvey

for the record, I'm a Statham/ Scott Adkins guy

Been reading film studios are apparently already in talks to buy the rights to the story about the people stuck in the cave in Thailand.

• Like 1

Been reading film studios are apparently already in talks to buy the rights to the story about the people stuck in the cave in Thailand.

it pays to lack common sense

Can't wait for this

2dvryr.jpg

The synopsis isn't very reassuring. The 3 of them in an asylum. Do not want. 

• Like 1

Wasnt there already a terrible cave rescue movie about the miners in Chile

• Like 1

watched >

on the ropes : betrayal -  Can Aydin, Phong Giang

siberia - Keanu

how it ends - Forrest Whitaker

ok flicks, watchable if you're looking to pass time 6/7 ishes

MV5BMGUzYTMxMzctYzZkMC00MDcxLThlOTktNGE5  MV5BMjQ2MzA3Nzk2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDgy  MV5BMjMwOTg0MzU4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODk2

Edited by Bezerker101

2018 funnyish ... Brit & Aussie trying to kill gf and she's trying to kill them ..... ok 6ish maybe

Ruben Crow & Chen Shinobi

MV5BNDc1ZGY5MWItMWUzNC00NjA0LWI5ZmEtODVl

Edited by Bezerker101

2018 ... watching The Blue World Order - Jake Ryan and Billy Zane

not even Zane can save this one ...... 5 on a good day

• Like 1

Not sure I can be faithful to my wife on our Euro Trip with this just being erected in London for the Jurassic Park anniversary 

3.jpg

• Like 5

Not sure I can be faithful to my wife on our Euro Trip with this just being erected in London for the Jurassic Park anniversary 

3.jpg

Lol, is that in London already?  Might have to take the missus there; we're having a trip to London town on Saturday.

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 3

Lol, is that in London already?  Might have to take the missus their; we're having a trip to London town on Saturday.

https://www.cnet.com/news/giant-jeff-goldblum-statue-erected-for-jurassic-park-anniversary/?utm_source=reddit.com

The fora needs this to be documented mate. Maybe buy the wife something nice to wear for the occasion vvv

71P5XCU88CL._UX385_.jpg

• Like 2

https://www.cnet.com/news/giant-jeff-goldblum-statue-erected-for-jurassic-park-anniversary/?utm_source=reddit.com

The fora needs this to be documented mate. Maybe buy the wife something nice to wear for the occasion vvv

71P5XCU88CL._UX385_.jpg

Lol.

Relconzoe has taught me that's one of the few outfits I'd be happy posting pictures of the missus wearing on here.

Added to itinerary.  Thanks!

• Like 3

caught "Catcher and the Spy" last night, true story about Moe Berg & Werner Heisenberg ..... was not bad .......7.5 ish

2018 - Paul Rudd, Guy Pierce, and Jeff Daniels

The 3 teaser trailers combined from the last few days. Full trailer tomorrow. 

• Like 2

M. Night Shyamalan is one of the few big time hollywood directors that is willing to take risks in movies nowadays....I cant think of anyone else other than maybe Chris Nolan(losing it more and more over the years).

Edited by VertFTW