Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

Here are my full thoughts since I'm home and had time to let the movie sink in. I would rank it better than the original Halloween and right behind Halloween II as my favorite of all time. The movie moved well throughout and didnt drag its feet. It got its point across early what the plot is and how it's going go play out. Very little filler. 

They seemingly started fresh after the Original Halloween and that's where the story picked up, but 40 years later. They didnt bring Halloween 2 reference into it at all, which was fine. They also pretty much ignored RETURN/REVENGE/CURSE/H20/RESSURECTIon in all aspects which is a MAJOR PLUS. 

Being a slasher fan since I was a very young kid, this movie made me happy. I didnt mind the Rob Zombie movies but their portrayal of Michael was far more gigantic than I would have liked. His classic look is back body wise and suits him after 40 years. 

Lots of nods to the older movies which I wont spoil. Some funny parts which I wont spoil. 

Its defiently a watch if you're a horror fan, Michael fan, or even a good movie fan. 

Roids score: 10/10

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Here are my full thoughts since I'm home and had time to let the movie sink in. I would rank it better than the original Halloween and right behind Halloween II as my favorite of all time. The movie moved well throughout and didnt drag its feet. It got its point across early what the plot is and how it's going go play out. Very little filler. 

They seemingly started fresh after the Original Halloween and that's where the story picked up, but 40 years later. They didnt bring Halloween 2 reference into it at all, which was fine. They also pretty much ignored RETURN/REVENGE/CURSE/H20/RESSURECTIon in all aspects which is a MAJOR PLUS. 

Being a slasher fan since I was a very young kid, this movie made me happy. I didnt mind the Rob Zombie movies but their portrayal of Michael was far more gigantic than I would have liked. His classic look is back body wise and suits him after 40 years. 

Lots of nods to the older movies which I wont spoil. Some funny parts which I wont spoil. 

Its defiently a watch if you're a horror fan, Michael fan, or even a good movie fan. 

Roids score: 10/10

I have seen the critics absolutely ripping the film, I could not give a **** about the critics if I am honest, but I have been burned on remakes before, badly. Ill take your word for it though Roids, your points actually make sense, ill give it a watch this weekend

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

I have seen the critics absolutely ripping the film, I could not give a **** about the critics if I am honest, but I have been burned on remakes before, badly. Ill take your word for it though Roids, your points actually make sense, ill give it a watch this weekend

So far has a 76% on rotten tomatoes and a 80% audience score. Its definetly better than any of the ones that came out in the past 30 years imo. I think you'll enjoy it. 

• Like 1