Jump to content
Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

Recommended Posts

Here are my full thoughts since I'm home and had time to let the movie sink in. I would rank it better than the original Halloween and right behind Halloween II as my favorite of all time. The movie moved well throughout and didnt drag its feet. It got its point across early what the plot is and how it's going go play out. Very little filler. 

 

They seemingly started fresh after the Original Halloween and that's where the story picked up, but 40 years later. They didnt bring Halloween 2 reference into it at all, which was fine. They also pretty much ignored RETURN/REVENGE/CURSE/H20/RESSURECTIon in all aspects which is a MAJOR PLUS. 

 

Being a slasher fan since I was a very young kid, this movie made me happy. I didnt mind the Rob Zombie movies but their portrayal of Michael was far more gigantic than I would have liked. His classic look is back body wise and suits him after 40 years. 

 

Lots of nods to the older movies which I wont spoil. Some funny parts which I wont spoil. 

 

Its defiently a watch if you're a horror fan, Michael fan, or even a good movie fan. 

 

Roids score: 10/10

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Here are my full thoughts since I'm home and had time to let the movie sink in. I would rank it better than the original Halloween and right behind Halloween II as my favorite of all time. The movie moved well throughout and didnt drag its feet. It got its point across early what the plot is and how it's going go play out. Very little filler. 

 

They seemingly started fresh after the Original Halloween and that's where the story picked up, but 40 years later. They didnt bring Halloween 2 reference into it at all, which was fine. They also pretty much ignored RETURN/REVENGE/CURSE/H20/RESSURECTIon in all aspects which is a MAJOR PLUS. 

 

Being a slasher fan since I was a very young kid, this movie made me happy. I didnt mind the Rob Zombie movies but their portrayal of Michael was far more gigantic than I would have liked. His classic look is back body wise and suits him after 40 years. 

 

Lots of nods to the older movies which I wont spoil. Some funny parts which I wont spoil. 

 

Its defiently a watch if you're a horror fan, Michael fan, or even a good movie fan. 

 

Roids score: 10/10

I have seen the critics absolutely ripping the film, I could not give a **** about the critics if I am honest, but I have been burned on remakes before, badly. Ill take your word for it though Roids, your points actually make sense, ill give it a watch this weekend

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

I have seen the critics absolutely ripping the film, I could not give a **** about the critics if I am honest, but I have been burned on remakes before, badly. Ill take your word for it though Roids, your points actually make sense, ill give it a watch this weekend

So far has a 76% on rotten tomatoes and a 80% audience score. Its definetly better than any of the ones that came out in the past 30 years imo. I think you'll enjoy it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

watched last week

the last heist w/ henry rollins ... can't rate this coz I'm bias'd toward henry

unthinkable w/ SLJ - ... really good movie, I can recommend this/ 8.3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched a few movies on the plane ride.

Finally saw "Baby Driver"

Was 3/4s of a GOAT movie and turned to chit. Loved the music and clever chase scenes. Went full Ruin Johnson "subverting expectations" with its twists in the end. Still a decent watch 7/10

"The Martian" was a good watch. Smarter than it needed to be. 7/10

"Supertroopers 2" 25 minutes in, couldnt finish. 

Edited by TUF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 5:16 PM, TUF said:

Watched a few movies on the plane ride.

Finally saw "Baby Driver"

Was 3/4s of a GOAT movie and turned to chit. Loved the music and clever chase scenes. Went full Ruin Johnson "subverting expectations" with its twists in the end. Still a decent watch 7/10

With them announcing a Baby Driver 2, I'm curious what people thought of this movie. It was the closest to an 8/8 movie I've seen until about the last 20 minutes but after reading they wrote the ambiguous ending like that to set up a possible sequel, I have a renewed appreciation for it. Probably the closest to a GTA movie we'll ever get too. Even the poster looks like a GTA cover. 

Image result for baby driver

 

 

Edited by TUF
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TUF said:

With them announcing a Baby Driver 2, I'm curious what people thought of this movie. It was the closest to an 8/8 movie I've seen until about the last 20 minutes but after reading they wrote the ambiguous ending like that to set up a possible sequel, I have a renewed appreciation for it. Probably the closest to a GTA movie we'll ever get too. Even the poster looks like a GTA cover. 

Image result for baby driver

 

 

I thought it was probably a solid 7/10 flick but the addition of Lily James who is a solid 11/8 made it an 8. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

I thought it was probably a solid 7/10 flick but the addition of Lily James who is a solid 11/8 made it an 8. 

Eiza Gonzalez moved the needle a bit more for me. A side by side. What did you think of the role reversals and the ending? 

Related image

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TUF said:

Eiza Gonzalez moved the needle a bit more for me. A side by side. What did you think of the role reversals and the ending? 

Related image

Lol she looks better there but in the movie Lily just worked for me. I thought the ending pretty much sucked dude. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Lol she looks better there but in the movie Lily just worked for me. I thought the ending pretty much sucked dude. 

I was all in on the movie. Was ready to buy it on digital, DVD, and blue disc until somewhere along the way in the 3rd act it went edgy and had to flip the script and my jimmies are still recovering. John Hamm's character was the only one that was decent to the kid the whole movie and if the kid got my girlfriend killed and cucked my job I'd probably want to kill him as well and they just portrayed him as this horror villain all of the sudden. And Kevin Spacey goes from threatening to kill the kid and all of his loved ones and then the kids girlfriend walks in and he's just like "lol just kidding guys, I'll save you" and they go to a floor like a video game and 3 baddies are just lined up like target practice and John Hamm is waiting there in his car like an end game boss. It was like 2 different movies. 

Image result for my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blackkklansman was a good watch, solid 7/10, one of the better movies of the year, the ending pissed me off though, they showed news clips of trump and tried to display his racism, which had absolutely nothing to do with the movie so its not a spoiler

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hunter Killer/ ... Butler, Oldman > excellent, good movie ... 8.4

I can recommend this, no worries

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Bezerker101
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched >

Bohemian Rhapsody .. Rami Malek - biographical, ok, well made / 7.3 ( not for everybody, Queen fans will like this)

Replicas .. Keanu - sci-fi - was ok > watchable / 7.4

King of Thieves - Caine - crime drama - not bad > watchable imo / 7.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching The Guardian(2006) again.  I like it and think it is underrated

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a few best buy steel books this week including the Matrix trilogy which I already have in 4k but I needed the steelbooks and also the Meg.

 

Watching it now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eclipse76 said:

Going to watch tropic thunder with my son tonight.. he's almost 18..its time..lol 

Hahaha they were talking about in on the fight companion, make sure he knows it was the last time black face and going full retard was socially acceptable.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eclipse76 said:

Going to watch tropic thunder with my son tonight.. he's almost 18..its time..lol

 

2 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Hahaha they were talking about in on the fight companion, make sure he knows it was the last time black face and going full retard was socially acceptable.

Movie needs a sequel just to melt all the snowflakes today. I nearly committed seppuku when Ben Stiller had to apologize for it this Halloween. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Meg 4k: 9/10 

- really enjoyed it. Visually one of the better movies and sound was good. 

 

The fiance picked these up for me today and surprised me with them: 

20181114_163150.thumb.jpg.e227cc885463f6b332d4494bc3557edc.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TUF said:

Watching Chris Pines Outlaw King on Netflix. 

Let me know if his accent is as cringy as I think it will be 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

The Meg 4k: 9/10 

- really enjoyed it. Visually one of the better movies and sound was good. 

 

The fiance picked these up for me today and surprised me with them: 

20181114_163150.thumb.jpg.e227cc885463f6b332d4494bc3557edc.jpg

She's a keeper

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Eclipse76 said:

Let me know if his accent is as cringy as I think it will be 

Got about half way into it. Was confused why Mrs. TUF was so willing to watch it when I suggested it and then found out it was cause Chris Pine goes full Game of Floppy Wieners in the 2nd half so I shut it down. Will probably actually finish it. Was pretty realistic and if anything, should see the opening tracking shot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found out the clown from IT, Floki from Vikings, the new terrible Tarzan are all brothers lol. And Dr Selvig from Thor is their dad :lol:

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:59 AM, Eclipse76 said:

Let me know if his accent is as cringy as I think it will be 

Yeah I have my reservations about Pine's accent also lol

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't actually too bad. Good while watching, terrible in hindsight. 3/5spiders

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2018 at 2:27 AM, OzStraya said:

Wasn't actually too bad. Good while watching, terrible in hindsight. 3/5spiders

 

yeah, it was watchable, Foy's Ducati stole the show -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic Beasts 2 - Was okay. Felt like a setup movie. Enjoyed the Paris setting. Couldn't help but feel like I was watching a movie written by soy boys with the all the betas, Jude Law/Johnny Depp love story and Ezra Miller being Ezra Miller...

Image result for ezra miller weird

Maybe

Goblet of Fire

Deathly Hallows part 2

Half Blood Prince

Sorcerers Stone 

Order of the Pheonix

Deathly Hallows part 1

Fantastic Beasts 1

Fantastic Beasts 2

Chamber of Secrets 

Prisoner of Azkaban 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

 

yeah, it was watchable, Foy's Ducati stole the show -

Jesus Christ that thing was delicious. I reckon I'd take that over the lambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TUF said:

Fantastic Beasts 2 - Was okay. Felt like a setup movie. Enjoyed the Paris setting. Couldn't help but feel like I was watching a movie written by soy boys with the all the betas, Jude Law/Johnny Depp love story and Ezra Miller being Ezra Miller...

Image result for ezra miller weird

Maybe

Goblet of Fire

Deathly Hallows part 2

Half Blood Prince

Sorcerers Stone 

Order of the Pheonix

Deathly Hallows part 1

Fantastic Beasts 1

Fantastic Beasts 2

Chamber of Secrets 

Prisoner of Azkaban 

It was hot garbage. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took little TUF to see Wreck it Ralph yesterday. Don't remember laughing during the movie but some cool cross over stuff now that Disney literally owns everything and has the license to write whatever they want. 

Just rewatched Spiderman 3 for the first time in 10 years and it was surprisingly not as turribad as I remember. In this age of memes, the emo Spiderman scenes were just funny and not cringey like a remember them. They fixed a couple scenes on the version I watched on Netflix too. No ragrets. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2018 at 5:25 PM, TUF said:

Got about half way into it. Was confused why Mrs. TUF was so willing to watch it when I suggested it and then found out it was cause Chris Pine goes full Game of Floppy Wieners in the 2nd half so I shut it down. Will probably actually finish it. Was pretty realistic and if anything, should see the opening tracking shot. 

Finally got to finish this and I redact my previous comments about it being realistic. Without spoilers, the showdown at the end is hawt garbage, even if you know nothing about history. Should have been a mini series. Too much to fit into a 2 hour movie and it effected the editing. They also tried to depict Robert the Bruce as some patriotic Scott savior when he was a traitor and murdered his fellow countrymen to get to the crown. Gabri would enjoy the Pine peeni tho. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TUF said:

Finally got to finish this and I redact my previous comments about it being realistic. Without spoilers, the showdown at the end is hawt garbage, even if you know nothing about history. Should have been a mini series. Too much to fit into a 2 hour movie and it effected the editing. They also tried to depict Robert the Bruce as some patriotic Scott savior when he was a traitor and murdered his fellow countrymen to get to the crown. Gabri would enjoy the Pine peeni tho. 

After the Boogie Nights fake hog fiasco I would tell all wimmens to trust nothing on full frontal from Hollywood dudes... they trying to ruin marriages one wolf ticket at a time 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eclipse76 said:

After the Boogie Nights fake hog fiasco I would tell all wimmens to trust nothing on full frontal from Hollywood dudes... they trying to ruin marriages one wolf ticket at a time 

Anybody that has to CGI their Dong Hyun Kim is a true beta. Just false advertise with half a chub like all the real legends do. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

holy chit how am i just finding this thread now? i've literally been eating, breathing and living film these past few months cuz im working towards being a director. i'll definitely let you guys know if i find anything worth recommending. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i watched a few movies over Thanksgiving break and here are my thoughts on them:

Only God Forgives:

pretentious garbage. a complete misstep by the director. watch drive instead

2/5

 

Boogie nights:

i usually hate the work of Paul Thomas Anderson. i wasn't a fan of the master or there will be blood but goddamn do i love this movie. honestly think this and punch drunk love are his best films

4.5/5

 

Lake Mungo:

great low budget Australian horror film and honestly it's one of the bleakest and most depressing horror movies i've ever seen. Definitely would recommend but does suffer from some issues here and there

3.5/5  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×