Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

Chunking Express

Great film from Hong Kong. not for everyone. would only recommend it if you like art house cinema. that being said if you do enjoy the more artistic films this is great

4/5

Interstellar 4k score:

1,000,000/10. 

You need this film in your collection. It is reference quality. Half way through is where it shines. 

2 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Interstellar 4k score:

1,000,000/10. 

You need this film in your collection. It is reference quality. Half way through is where it shines. 

can you post a top 5 or 10 list of 4k movies worth owning?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

can you post a top 5 or 10 list of 4k movies worth owning?

Sure. 

1. Interstellar

2. The Revenant

3. Dark Knight Trilogy

4. John Wick 1 and 2

5. Blade runner 2049

6. The matrix

7. Life of Pi

8. 2001: A space odyssey (December 18th release. I got my copy early)

9. Gladiator

10. Valerian

I know that's more than 10 but I figured JW 1 and 2 and the dark knight trilogy should be lumped together. Not in any order except the first two. They're amazing movies and video and audio quality. 

• Like 2

Am I the only one that felt the movie Interstellar should have been a trilogy?

Felt they skimmed over different subjects and plots that could have been developed better if given more time.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 3:44 PM, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Sure. 

1. Interstellar

2. The Revenant

3. Dark Knight Trilogy

4. John Wick 1 and 2

5. Blade runner 2049

6. The matrix

7. Life of Pi

8. 2001: A space odyssey (December 18th release. I got my copy early)

9. Gladiator

10. Valerian

I know that's more than 10 but I figured JW 1 and 2 and the dark knight trilogy should be lumped together. Not in any order except the first two. They're amazing movies and video and audio quality. 

interstellar has to be one of the most overrated moves imo. the first and last movies in the dark knight trilogy are no where near as good as the second. also, Valerian is on this list? the one with Cara Delevingne? are you smokin ****? 

On 11/30/2018 at 7:57 AM, VertFTW said:

Am I the only one that felt the movie Interstellar should have been a trilogy?

Felt they skimmed over different subjects and plots that could have been developed better if given more time.

Fark No, the thought of sitting through another 6 to 8 hours of that ****e is punishing

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, TigerChamp said:

Fark No, the thought of sitting through another 6 to 8 hours of that ****e is punishing

lol, felt your eye twitch from here reading that

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Was in to see Fantastic Beasts 2 last night

Image result for fantastic beasts 2 poster

Was ok not great the first and the third act is fun but that middle of the film feels like a real drag.

Got to give credit to Depp, even though I enjoy a lot of his films it feels like he's usually playing a slightly different version of the same over the top character in most of his last few films. Not here he actually makes a really good villain.

If you enjoy the Harry Potter world you will like this but probably won't love it. One of those where I think a lot of the film was just to set up the sequels.

6.5/10

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 9:08 PM, brunofr418 said:

interstellar has to be one of the most overrated moves imo. the first and last movies in the dark knight trilogy are no where near as good as the second. also, Valerian is on this list? the one with Cara Delevingne? are you smokin ****? 

Talking about visuals moron. 

Picked up The Lion King in 4k today. Gonna watch tonight. I'm hearing good things about the visuals so I'm excited to see the colors pop. 

Edited by I_Take_Roids_m8

On 11/29/2018 at 11:22 AM, brunofr418 said:

Chunking Express

Great film from Hong Kong. not for everyone. would only recommend it if you like art house cinema. that being said if you do enjoy the more artistic films this is great

4/5

Sounds fruity

31 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Most people like chit movies that are braindead. Nolan movies make you think, which is why some people dont like them 

Nolan movies are the "fake woke people" of the cinema world 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

the effects and visuals in valerian were god awful 

Confirmed retard. It's considered reference quality. 

17 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

Nolan movies are the "fake woke people" of the cinema world 

Sure. If that's how you feel I guess. Not everyone can be edgy with their international garbage. 

1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Sure. If that's how you feel I guess. Not everyone can be edgy with their international garbage. 

hey man if you wanna live under a rock your whole life and only watch movies that make it onto Watchmojo top 10 lists thats fine by me 

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs 

latest Coen brothers movie and exclusively available on Netflix. first off its an anthology film so rather than one long story its broken into 6 short stories all set in the same universe. the first few are great but some of the later ones lack the charm and tone of the first also some of the stories lack that Coen brother's feel. overall a pretty decent watch. goes great after binging red dead 2. 

4/5

Edited by brunofr418

20 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs 

latest Coen brothers movie and exclusively available on Netflix. first off its an anthology film so rather than one long story its broken into 6 short stories all set in the same universe. the first few are great but some of the later ones lack the charm and tone of the first also some of the stories lack that Coen brother's feel. overall a pretty decent watch. goes great after binging red dead 2. 

4/5

spooky. Just stumbled upon a clip of this movie and decided I was going to watch it tonight.

Looks pretty tents and have heard good things. I'm a Stan of Matt Damon, Jeff Bridges, Josh Brolin, the Coen brothers, and westerns but thought True Grit was chit. Hopefully this is better. 

17 minutes ago, TUF said:

spooky. Just stumbled upon a clip of this movie and decided I was going to watch it tonight.

Looks pretty tents and have heard good things. I'm a Stan of Matt Damon, Jeff Bridges, Josh Brolin, the Coen brothers, and westerns but thought True Grit was chit. Hopefully this is better. 

oh yea i love the coen brothers but hated true grit. this one is leagues better 

• Like 1

Just now, brunofr418 said:

The fora might need a top 5 Western movies thread in light the success of the Christmas thread.

3:10 to Yuma was the last enjoyable western for me. Thought Magnificent 7 and Hateful 8 were underwhelming unfortunately.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TUF said:

The fora might need a top 5 Western movies thread in light the success of the Christmas thread.

3:10 to Yuma was the last enjoyable western for me. Thought Magnificent 7 and Hateful 8 were underwhelming unfortunately.  

i havent seen 3:10 to yuma yet but ill give it a watch. magnificent 7 was garbage but i loved the Hateful Eight. then again im also a die-hard Tarantino fanboy so maybe thats just my bias shining through. i get why some people didnt like it. it was very slow paced, especially the beginning. but besides this when i think of the best recent westerns: Django Unchained comes to mind.  

8 hours ago, TUF said:

bone tomahawk is also great. check it out, especially if you like westerns 

2 hours ago, brunofr418 said:

bone tomahawk is also great. check it out, especially if you like westerns 

Watched that when I was really hungover one day. Good movie but terrible timing. 

Magnificent 7 entertained me as an action movie but the story sucked. Hateful 8 was decent to watch once but not Quentin's best work. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 11:07 AM, TUF said:

On 12/6/2018 at 11:24 AM, brunofr418 said:

This fecking scene. I wanted off this roller coaster. :( Coens are definitely a lot better when they're allowed creative freedom and dont have to follow the remake formula. 

Without being to spoilery, this pretty much sums up my exact reaction to the remainder of that scene. 

Image result for no yes no gif

2 hours ago, TUF said:

This fecking scene. I wanted off this roller coaster. :( Coens are definitely a lot better when they're allowed creative freedom and dont have to follow the remake formula. 

so im guessing you liked it 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

so im guessing you liked it 

Was hit and miss but much better than True Grit. The story in the clip ^ was probably the best of the bunch. 

4 hours ago, TUF said:

Was hit and miss but much better than True Grit. The story in the clip ^ was probably the best of the bunch. 

yea i enjoyed some a lot more than others if i had to order them it would go

2, 1, 3, 6, 4, 5 

On Friday, December 07, 2018 at 8:34 PM, brunofr418 said:

2, 1, 3, 6, 4, 5 

Best to worst? ^

1 hour ago, brunofr418 said:

yessir 

The 3rd one changed my whole perspective on life. lol it was so morbid. I thought they put Liam Neeson in the role cause we were gonna some savage showdown where the quadrapalegic uses his resourcefulness to over come the most alpha of males but nope, he literally just tossed him in the river over a chicken. THE END. 

On Friday, December 07, 2018 at 8:34 PM, brunofr418 said:

2, 1, 3, 6, 4, 5 

What didnt you like about the 5th story? That was the one with Alice, Arthur, and the indians? I thought that one was far and away the best of the bunch and would watch a whole movie about Arthur. 

Actually, I wish they would have trimmed a couple stories so we could get more of that and the James Franco chapters. Good stuff.

1 hour ago, TUF said:

What didnt you like about the 5th story? That was the one with Alice, Arthur, and the indians? I thought that one was far and away the best of the bunch and would watch a whole movie about Arthur. 

Actually, I wish they would have trimmed a couple stories so we could get more of that and the James Franco chapters. Good stuff.

felt a bit long compared to the others. it was the only segment where i actually felt the length of the film as a whole. also just wasnt as compelling as the others 

8 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

felt a bit long compared to the others. it was the only segment where i actually felt the length of the film as a whole. also just wasnt as compelling as the others 

Yea, I guess that's what I liked about it. Every other story seemed like just as they were building some character development or you were getting invested, it was curtains. Either way, wouldn't mind if they put out another series of shorts like that. Maybe something more like Sin City where the stories have some crossover. 

8 minutes ago, TUF said:

Yea, I guess that's what I liked about it. Every other story seemed like just as they were building some character development or you were getting invested, it was curtains. Either way, wouldn't mind if they put out another series of shorts like that. Maybe something more like Sin City where the stories have some crossover. 

yea i agree i think the stories would've worked better if they were all an individual episode in an anthology series like Black Mirror. that way they could tell a full story in about 45 or so minutes 

• Like 1