Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

27 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Hollywood is out of original ideas so now they just throw women into the roles hoping to gain an audience that cares about that. 

It's only going to get worse with original movies like "Mortal Engines" that just came out last weekend and is going to lose $100+ million. Just give us the remake we all want!

Image result for nic cage fake poster

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just got back from Aquaman. I regret the over time hours I just gave up to take a long lunch break to see it. Hawt garbage.

"Best DC movie since the Dark Knight"

Image result for head shake gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TUF said:

Just got back from Aquaman. I regret the over time hours I just gave up to take a long lunch break to see it. Hawt garbage.

You've saved my family from the hottest of garbage!!

What 3 wishes can we grant you...

One has to be used to stop Jolldan and his bullchit take on this film... may his testicles get caught in the sharpest of zippers 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Finally saw Hot Fuzz. i dont know how this movie flew under my radar for so long but boy am i glad i watched it. it takes that signature Edgar Wright humor from movies like Shaun of the Dead and cranks it up to 100. personally i liked it more than SOTD and i would probably say its my favorite Edgar Wright film besides Baby Driver

5/5 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Shindlers List 4k review:

Visuals- crisp and clean. Amazing 4k transfer. 

Score- 10/10

Evil Dead 2 4k review:

Visuals: clean and bright. HDR implementation is great. 

10/10

Equalizer 2 4k review

Visuals- good and clean with decent hdr. Not a movie that greatly benefit from HDR or Dolby vision 

7/10

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brunofr418 said:

Finally saw Hot Fuzz. i dont know how this movie flew under my radar for so long but boy am i glad i watched it. it takes that signature Edgar Wright humor from movies like Shaun of the Dead and cranks it up to 100. personally i liked it more than SOTD and i would probably say its my favorite Edgar Wright film besides Baby Driver

5/5 

I rewatched recently and it was better than I originally thought. I was expecting something else on the first time. This time I could focus on all the splatter and a hilariously OTT Timothy Dalton.

On 12/21/2018 at 11:26 PM, TUF said:

I just saw it too. I thought it was pretty decent. Nice visuals and Khal Drogo is always fun to watch. And Amber Heard's cleavage. But not Kidman's plastic face.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brunofr418 said:

5/5 

Wife had never seen Shaun of the Dead, or Hot Fuzz.  We watched Shaum of the Dead a couple of weeks back, and I think we'll probably watch Hot Fuzz between now and 12/26

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

The Happening 2: Bird Box is an ok movie but overrated and full of plot holes. 

lol was just reading something about how it was the Happening 2.0. Unpopular opinion, I didnt hate the Happening.

...Post is subject to edit.

• Like 2

Bandersnatch

the black mirror interactive movie

HOLY CHIT this was crazy. if you're a fan of black mirror you must watch this.it is so much fun going through all the choices and picking different things. honestly a great overall story told in an interesting way

4.5/5

7 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Birdbox was cringe...

Netflix marketing it like it's "The 10 Commandments"

• Like 2

Saw The Meg and Transformers The Last Knight over the long weekend. Terribad and terribadder

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TUF said:

Saw The Meg and Transformers The Last Knight over the long weekend. Terribad and terribadder

Some people really liked The Meg. I thought it was ok but nothing great. Transformers sucked. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 9:22 PM, TUF said:

lol was just reading something about how it was the Happening 2.0. Unpopular opinion, I didnt hate the Happening.

...Post is subject to edit.

I didn't have the happening either and I don't hate Bird Box but they just really over hyped it. 

• Like 2

Just now, juice64011 said:

Some people really liked The Meg. I thought it was ok but nothing great. Transformers sucked. 

I kept waiting for it to get guud and right around the time they killed off Dwight Schrute, I realized it wasn't :(

• Like 2

On 1/2/2019 at 7:20 PM, juice64011 said:

On 1/2/2019 at 7:21 PM, juice64011 said:

I didn't have the happening either and I don't hate Bird Box but they just really over hyped it. 

That asian chick in the meg was so bad. The shark could have pulled off her lines better.

Regarding the happening and birdbox. I'll go as far as saying I preferred the happening outright. Confused Wahlberg was glorious.

Malcovich is always awesome though so props to birdbox on that. I'm also enjoying the memes lately but didn't care for the movie at all.

Thank God for Nothing but Trailers on AXS.  Better known as How to Avoid Hot Garbage.

Tim Boreton remake of Dumbo, and remakes of Aladdin and The Lion King?  Ffs.

The "Glass" hype is real right now. Unbreakable is on a short list of movies i shamelessly watched tew much as a lonely kid. Waiting 16 years for a sequel and then another 3 years for the finale. Plz dont poison me M Night.

8 minutes ago, TUF said:

The "Glass" hype is real right now. Unbreakable is on a short list of movies i shamelessly watched tew much as a lonely kid. Waiting 16 years for a sequel and then another 3 years for the finale. Plz dont poison me M Night.

expecting something big...M night is the most creative director in hollywood right now.

• Like 3

I finally got to see the predator the other day. The original is one of my favorite movies. 

It removed all horror/thriller aspects of the franchise and went standard action movie full of jokes. Decent cast but horrible final act/ending. I'm sure it was discussed somewhere in this thread but I'm too rustled to look back. I'm mega disappointed with this turd. I had a pretty good feeling it was going to be bad which is why I didn't go out of my way to see it in theaters.

• Like 2

Finally watched Oldboy, the 2003 original not the chitty 2013 Spike Lee Remake

wow this movie was fantastic. if you've never seen it its best to go in blind. great plot, great action, and amazing characters. there's literally nothing bad i can say about this movie. if you're going to watch, watch the subtitled version not the dub.

5/5

• Like 1

1st reviews of "Glass". I guess I'll just go watch Unbreakable again and pretend sequels don't exist. 

huA2Pex.png

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, TUF said:

1st reviews of "Glass". I guess I'll just go watch Unbreakable again and pretend sequels don't exist. 

huA2Pex.png

are these the same critics that thought Black Panther was good? lol

Wont trust these opinions until I see audience reviews.

• Like 2

lol scamming critics

image.png.3c283e849a629cb998df9e8eefe6acf6.png

March 14, 2018
Run, don't walk, to the theater to see Black Panther. This is not hyperbole. It's just that good. Heck, saying it's just "good" is underselling it.

February 16, 2018
This is one of the best stories Marvel has told so far.
Full Review | Original Score: 9/10

Top Critic

February 6, 2018
You believe in T'Challa, you believe in Wakanda, and you believe - maybe for the first time - that the MCU actually matters.

Top Critic

February 6, 2018
When "Black Panther" works, it's thrillingly alive.

February 6, 2018
Black Panther celebrates its hero's heritage while delivering one of Marvel's most all-around appealing standalone installments to date.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:13 PM, VertFTW said:

lol scamming critics

image.png.3c283e849a629cb998df9e8eefe6acf6.png

March 14, 2018
Run, don't walk, to the theater to see Black Panther. This is not hyperbole. It's just that good. Heck, saying it's just "good" is underselling it.

February 16, 2018
This is one of the best stories Marvel has told so far.
Full Review | Original Score: 9/10

Top Critic

February 6, 2018
You believe in T'Challa, you believe in Wakanda, and you believe - maybe for the first time - that the MCU actually matters.

Top Critic

February 6, 2018
When "Black Panther" works, it's thrillingly alive.

February 6, 2018
Black Panther celebrates its hero's heritage while delivering one of Marvel's most all-around appealing standalone installments to date.

If I wanted to.watch something with all black people on it, I'd watch Paternity court. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

If I wanted to.watch something with all black people on it, I'd watch Paternity court. 

BA DUM  Tss

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:30 PM, Eclipse76 said:

You've saved my family from the hottest of garbage!!

What 3 wishes can we grant you...

One has to be used to stop Jolldan and his bullchit take on this film... may his testicles get caught in the sharpest of zippers 

Image result for dont you put that evil on me gif

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:38 PM, TUF said:

huA2Pex.png

They said the same things about Venom, and the audience showed them how out of touch they were. Honestly I think critics are starting to dig their heels in and give even more scathing reviews to try and catch attention because their opinions aren't as much of the end all be all in terms of a movie's success now.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

They said the same things about Venom, and the audience showed them how out of touch they were. Honestly I think critics are starting to dig their heels in and give even more scathing reviews to try and catch attention because their opinions aren't as much of the end all be all in terms of a movie's success now.

Gonna plead the fif on Venom but critics are just Disney shills these days anyways. TLJ and Black Panther proved that imo. Haven't heard any bad fan responses from the Stans that have seen Glass so I'm still coming in buying ALL the wolf tickets. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Death Wish

Bruce Fooking Willis / 5

Ignore the plot holes, it's dope

Have any of the foreign fora members seen Glass yet? Sounds like they named it Glass cause that's what it's going to reduce my jimmies to. 

• Haha 3

On 1/15/2019 at 10:58 AM, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Halloween 4k review: 

Visuals: 10/10

HDR/Dolby Vision: 10/10

Movie itself: 10/10

Best Halloween since Halloween II and my second favorite behind Halloween II. 

Saw it last night as well. I thoroughly enjoyed. Seems a lot of people are divided on it but I liked the route they went. I thought the youngest daughter's acting was trash but JLC was awesome as expected.

Couple review sites mentioned the movie being a theme for women in an abusive relationship and the comment sections were lit up with hate as expected, both for the reviewer and for the movie lol. Most slasher movies have a female protagonist and never once have I heard them put that spin on it in a review pre 2018. 

• Like 1

They are remaking Ghostbusters again.

Image result for again gif

No word on if Murray, Aykroyd or Hudson will be returning. But director is apparently original directors son and has said he won't be continuing the story with the female cast.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

No word on if Murray, Aykroyd or Hudson will be returning. But director is apparently original directors son and has said he won't be continuing the story with the female cast.

Highly doubt Bill Murray would retake the role....

Last time they sent him a script:

Murray sent a shredded copy of the most recent draft of the “Ghostbusters 3” script to original ghostbusters Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis with a note that read, “No one wants to pay money to see fat, old men chasing ghosts!”

lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

lol wimmin.

Movie probably got more hate than it deserved but whoever thought replacing Murray with them deserves to die and then be ghostbusted by the chitty knock off ghostbusters they incarnated.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Highly doubt Bill Murray would retake the role....

Last time they sent him a script:

Murray sent a shredded copy of the most recent draft of the “Ghostbusters 3” script to original ghostbusters Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis with a note that read, “No one wants to pay money to see fat, old women chasing ghosts!”

lol

Fixed

Image result for ghostbusters 2016

Murray is a weird guy. Has stated he wants nothing to do with the franchise anymore but did all the voice over acting for the Ghostbusters video game a few years ago and cameod and toured with the cast during the Ghostbuster remake release. 

2 minutes ago, TUF said:

Fixed

Image result for ghostbusters 2016

Murray is a weird guy. Has stated he wants nothing to do with the franchise anymore but did all the voice over acting for the Ghostbusters video game a few years ago and cameod and toured with the cast during the Ghostbuster remake release. 

I wouldnt mind someone like Chistopher Nolan giving the franchise a dark/serious twist in a reboot.

49 minutes ago, Decompoze said:

Saw it last night as well. I thoroughly enjoyed. Seems a lot of people are divided on it but I liked the route they went. I thought the youngest daughter's acting was trash but JLC was awesome as expected.

Couple review sites mentioned the movie being a theme for women in an abusive relationship and the comment sections were lit up with hate as expected, both for the reviewer and for the movie lol. Most slasher movies have a female protagonist and never once have I heard them put that spin on it in a review pre 2018. 

I saw it in theaters the day it came out and thought it was amazing on my first viewing. I liked it even more this time around without having people in the theater ruin it by being cowards and making noises lol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I saw it in theaters the day it came out and thought it was amazing on my first viewing. I liked it even more this time around without having people in the theater ruin it by being cowards and making noises lol. 

LOL. True that.

I love me some Michael Myers. His mask was super creepy in this one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eclipse76 said:

Currently watching Last Action Hero..

No Regrets....

It was on TV here last night...

Insert Denzel here

• Like 1