SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

4 hours ago, TigerChamp said:

This just cured my erectile dysfunction

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, TUF said:

This just cured my erectile dysfunction

Hard as a diamond in a snowstorm

• Like 3

Glass was 90% lit and 10% chit with the shoehorned twist. Will wait till more people have seen it before saying any more.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2019 at 8:56 PM, TUF said:

Glass was 90% lit and 10% chit with the shoehorned twist. Will wait till more people have seen it before saying any more.

just got back from glass. the last 1/3 of the movie was chit. it fell apart so bad. unbreakable and split were amazing and this just disappointed me. any time Shyamalan has pressure on him to make a good movie he blows it.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

just got back from glass. the last 1/3 of the movie was chit. it fell apart so bad. unbreakable and split were amazing and this just disappointed me. any time Shyamalan has pressure on him to make a good movie he blows it.  

Still really enjoyed it. Getting to see Willis and Jackson suit up again after being blue balled for 17 years after Unbreakable, it was just fun to be back in that universe. Have seen some comparisons to the TLJ with the ending and how it divided fans but TLJs biggest transgression was it was just boring. 

Glass was never boring.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Glass was great! 

The twist was kinda meh,

because they killed everyone off, but I felt relieved and a sense of justice when it was revealed that the mastermind "always has a plan... always" so considering it was Mr. Glass' movie, i didn't mind him being kinda redeemed a little bit in the end (still doesn't make up for being a mass murderer though)

• Like 3

On 1/20/2019 at 10:58 PM, Enigma_Machine said:

Glass was great! 

The twist was kinda meh,

Reveal hidden contents

because they killed everyone off, but I felt relieved and a sense of justice when it was revealed that the mastermind "always has a plan... always" so considering it was Mr. Glass' movie, i didn't mind him being kinda redeemed a little bit in the end (still doesn't make up for being a mass murderer though)

McAvoy was exc.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2019 at 3:31 AM, TUF said:

Still really enjoyed it. Getting to see Willis and Jackson suit up again after being blue balled for 17 years after Unbreakable, it was just fun to be back in that universe. Have seen some comparisons to the TLJ with the ending and how it divided fans but TLJs biggest transgression was it was just boring

Glass was never boring.

Please don't comment on star wars films without tagging @12er©

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Please don't comment on star wars films without tagging @12er©

Apologies. I just assumed he was impervious to our tags after the past couple attempts on Facebook.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 1:42 AM, brunofr418 said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself, just out of the cinema now, the third act and especially the last 10-15 minutes ruined the film for me. 

Shyamalan should honestly start working with someone to help him with crafting the ending of his stories. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself, just out of the cinema now, the third act and especially the last 10-15 minutes ruined the film for me. 

Shyamalan should honestly start working with someone to help him with crafting the ending of his stories. 

His biggest problem is over explaining things that don't need it and under explaining things that do, that the general audience might not be able to connect the dots on. I think that's why the critics were so hard on it.

SPOILERS

Most of them cited too many twists at the end but if you watched Split and put 2 and 2 together with the Horde laying flowers at the train station, you would know that his dad being on the crashed train wasn't a twist. If all the critics were as familiar with the films as some of the bigger fans, they would have understood David Dunn drowning in a puddle as Elijah references that in Unbreakable. It's actually a pretty brilliant movie, just lacking on the subtly. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TUF said:

His biggest problem is over explaining things that don't need it and under explaining things that do, that the general audience might not be able to connect the dots on. I think that's why the critics were so hard on it.

SPOILERS

Most of them cited too many twists at the end but if you watched Split and put 2 and 2 together with the Horde laying flowers at the train station, you would know that his dad being on the crashed train wasn't a twist. If all the critics were as familiar with the films as some of the bigger fans, they would have understood David Dunn drowning in a puddle as Elijah references that in Unbreakable. It's actually a pretty brilliant movie, just lacking on the subtly. 

I want to reply to this but don't want to ruin the movie for others because it will be a right old rant I will be going on lol, how do you post spoilers again?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

I want to reply to this but don't want to ruin the movie for others because it will be a right old rant I will be going on lol, how do you post spoilers again?

Couldn't find it either but you won't be ruining anything for me. Have heard all the complaints and plotholes, agree with most of them but still enjoyed the movie. What;s your boggle?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TUF said:

Couldn't find it either but you won't be ruining anything for me. Have heard all the complaints and plotholes, agree with most of them but still enjoyed the movie. What;s your boggle?

Fine I did try, this should work anyway made the text a little smaller

Image result for spoiler gif

The thing that really pissed me off was the introduction of the secret society in like the last 20-30 mins just felt like they ruined the film. They had both McAvoy and Willis characters killed off by two faceless goons. McAvoy's I get that Kevin is meant to have gotten some sort of redemption after reclaiming the light but Willis is literally just drowned in a puddle, it was just such a chitty end for him. Even when the Dr touches him at the end it didn't feel anything other than wow what a bish this chick is, not only is she having him killed she's basically saying "Bet you listened to me that you were just crazy now huh?". The whole thing of them meeting in restaurants as well was just dumb, so wait everyone from the big business exec out for lunch to the waiter is in it? Pretty sure secret society are a lot more elitist.  Agree though I really enjoyed the train crash reveal it just sucks that it was the only bit of prime beef in a chit sandwich of a third act.

Image result for hades im cool gif

• Like 1

SPOILERS

Maybe M. Night has catfished me enough times that maybe my standards were low enough that I was just happy he didn't explore other potential plot lines. Was happy he didn't retcon the whole franchise by just making them delusional like the trailers teased. Was happy we didn't get some big Marvel battle at the top of the tower like advertised. I liked how it offered a grounded counter to all the Marvel/DC movies. If there would have been a bit of foreshadowing on David Dunn's death (something like)

Image result for batman you've given them everything

I think the fanboying would be universal but his death was so jarring, I get the hate. Still had a pretty good movie high after leaving the theater. 

Edited by TUF
  • Like 1

Heading to a film festival in NYC on monday. going to see some indie horror shorts and one feature. will post about anything i feel is worth watching 

• Like 1

ITR poisoning my whole family with them Halloween wolf tickets. Movie sucked straight from the source.

• Haha 1

I've got some real rustle going on right now.

3 from hell is a movie that has zero ****ing reason to be made! House of 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects were both great and it ended perfectly with them getting mowed down trying to go through a road block. 3 psychos going out in a hail of bullets.....absoluetly perfect!

**** this nonsense. This is what happens when every other movie you make sucks donkey balls, you have to go back and fu*k up the two movies that were great. 

**** Rob Zombie.

• Haha 1

The mule

Everybody is jerking off old racist man Clint about this film but compared to some of his other work it was pretty weak.  Absolute waste of money casting Cooper and Morpheus,  literally anybody could have played the two rando dea agents.  No substance to any other characters other than Clint and some weird dialog and unnecessary semi-sub plots. One drop then he's rolling a 50g truck?  

3.5  out of 5

Deserved a 3 but smiling casual racist old man Eastwood gets an extra. 5 for the lols

Edited by OzStraya
  • Like 1

Went to the Winter film awards film festival in NYC last night and now that i've had some time to think i figured i'd post my thoughts on what i saw. the first few are all shorts and the last one is feature length 

Lucy's Tale:

a body horror short. gave me some Carrie vibes. dialogue and acting was kinda trash. decent story with good effects

3/5 

Honey Do:

a psychological horror short and one of the best films of the night. very easy to predict but also very well executed.

4.5/5

The Hobbyist

another psychological horror short and also very good. best cinematography of the night hands down. 

4/5

Alice After Wonderland:

i really can't say anything about this one cuz i have no clue what the **** happened. a foreign film which features a circle jerk of men wearing bunny masks. tries to be artistic but falls short

1/5

Puppet Master:

a french horror short featuring no dialogue. really astonishing camera work and performances. also had a good story with some good subtext. pretty far out there

3.5/5

To Tokyo:

a feature-length psychological horror movie. very well made but a few of the shots hold for too long. can be boring at times but has a good payoff. will most likely leave you feeling confused but you won't be interested enough to go back and watch it again.

3/5   

this was my first film festival and I have to say I really enjoyed it. will definitely be attending more in the future 

Edited by brunofr418
  • Like 1

Overlord 4k. Got my copy in (they sent me two by mistake so ones going to a friend). 

Visuals- 10/10

HDR- 10/10

Audio- 9.5/10

Overall- 9/10

Great movie  I didnt see it in theaters but was waiting for the 4k release and I wasnt disappointed. 

13 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Overlord 4k. Got my copy in (they sent me two by mistake so ones going to a friend). 

Visuals- 10/10

HDR- 10/10

Audio- 9.5/10

Overall- 9/10

Great movie  I didnt see it in theaters but was waiting for the 4k release and I wasnt disappointed. 

Really wanted to see this one but still recovering from the wolf tickets you poisoned me with on Halloween mate :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, TUF said:

Really wanted to see this one but still recovering from the wolf tickets you poisoned me with on Halloween mate :(

Only real OG Halloween fans appreciate Halloween 2018. If you dont think that was the best halloween since 2, you're nuts m8. I see idiots saying the Rob Zombie ones were great and I just LOL. 

3 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Only real OG Halloween fans appreciate Halloween 2018. If you dont think that was the best halloween since 2, you're nuts m8. I see idiots saying the Rob Zombie ones were great and I just LOL. 

They've all be cabbage imo. You even promised me lulz but the only time I LOL'd was unintentionally. Movie was full of them but at one point Michael is standing in the middle of his sisters front lawn. She's standing at the front door with a shotgun. Could walk outside and shred him but she literally shuts the door and turns her back to it until he comes and punches his way through it to choke her. 

Image result for phil hellmuth wtf gif

Movie was hawt garbage

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TUF said:

They've all be cabbage imo. You even promised me lulz but the only time I LOL'd was unintentionally. Movie was full of them but at one point Michael is standing in the middle of his sisters front lawn. She's standing at the front door with a shotgun. Could walk outside and shred him but she literally shuts the door and turns her back to it until he comes and punches his way through it to choke her. 

Image result for phil hellmuth wtf gif

Movie was hawt garbage

That's women for you. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

im a huge fan of the OG Carpenter Halloween movie and i loved the new one

• Like 1

Went and picked up my little cousin so I had an excuse to go see Lego Movie 2 lol probably laughed more than he did.

• Like 3

Went on a bit of a movie watching binge on amazon prime video to try and catch up on some films i missed in 2018 

The Disaster Artist:

the true story of the production of one of the worst movies of all time: the room. the focus is mostly on the relationship between the two main characters, played by the Franco brothers. this movie has an oddly beautiful story which, not gonna lie, had me tearing up a bit at the end.

4/5 

Sorry to Bother You:

holy....chit..... this was easily one of the best movies to come out in 2018. first off i just wanna say how every movie just HAS to be political these days and while sorry to bother you is no different and will often be in your face with it’s more prominent themes and messages, there’s so many layers and messages that are done tastefully and subtly that i’ll give it a pass. the visuals are stunning, the story is original and the casting is perfect. this is a must watch 

5/5 

Bad Times at the El Royale:

Imagine taking a Tarantino movie and a Coen brothers movie and mashing them into one but without the witty dialogue from Tarantino and the character motivations from the coen brothers side are overly convoluted. what i’m trying to say is this movie does a lot of things pretty averagely. it’s a good movie but it’s not great. Cinematography is pretty amazing though.

3/5

Edited by brunofr418
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 9:18 PM, Eclipse76 said:

Watching Punisher season 2 .. no ragrats... dis chit is lit

It got guud. Seeing Keith Jardine getting KO'd really added to the realism. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gonna buy ALL da wolf tickets for the Billy the Kid remake coming out next week with Chriss Pratt and Ethan Hawke. Magnificent Seven was mostly hawt garbage but they were the 2 highlights of it. Vincent D'onofrio who was also in Magnificent Seven is in it as well and directed it. 

v1.bjsyMTg4MDMwO2o7MTgwMjU7MTIwMDs0NjA4OzMwNzI

• Like 2

Dane DeHaan (broke man's Leo) is playing Billy so I'm not sure what to believe 

Image result for dane dehaan billy the kid

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TUF said:

Dane DeHaan (broke man's Leo) is playing Billy so I'm not sure what to believe 

Image result for dane dehaan billy the kid

LOL hollywood is so out of movie ideas they are almost running out of remakes to remake now they are remaking the actors. sigh

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A Star is Born 4k

- I bought this for my fiancee. I put the movie into my oppo and walked down the hall and into the man cave and locked the door. 

Movie- 0/0

• Haha 2

On 2/27/2019 at 5:30 PM, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

A Star is Born 4k

- I bought this for my fiancee. I put the movie into my oppo and walked down the hall and into the man cave and locked the door. 

Movie- 0/0

I bet @MauroPedrosa and @America like this movie 

• Haha 1

On 2/28/2019 at 10:00 AM, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

A Star is Born 4k

Movie- 0/0

Hespect for the OppGOAT m8

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 1:59 AM, brunofr418 said:

Went on a bit of a movie watching binge on amazon prime video to try and catch up on some films i missed in 2018 

The Disaster Artist:

the true story of the production of one of the worst movies of all time: the room. the focus is mostly on the relationship between the two main characters, played by the Franco brothers. this movie has an oddly beautiful story which, not gonna lie, had me tearing up a bit at the end.

4/5 

Sorry to Bother You:

holy....chit..... this was easily one of the best movies to come out in 2018. first off i just wanna say how every movie just HAS to be political these days and while sorry to bother you is no different and will often be in your face with it’s more prominent themes and messages, there’s so many layers and messages that are done tastefully and subtly that i’ll give it a pass. the visuals are stunning, the story is original and the casting is perfect. this is a must watch 

5/5 

Bad Times at the El Royale:

Imagine taking a Tarantino movie and a Coen brothers movie and mashing them into one but without the witty dialogue from Tarantino and the character motivations from the coen brothers side are overly convoluted. what i’m trying to say is this movie does a lot of things pretty averagely. it’s a good movie but it’s not great. Cinematography is pretty amazing though.

3/5

Yeah I was torn with bad times.  Too many plot holes and terrible script.  Story was a good idea and visually it was awesome so I think a 3 is a fair call 

• Like 1