Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

Anybody else remember the GOAT film from their childhood?

Image result for the secret of nimh

Stuck it on last night for my little cousin remember it being a good kids ended up freaking him out that much had to turn it off, I don't remember it being that dark lol.

• Like 2

had some time to think about Captain Marvel and this is what I think. 

Painfully average at its best and horribly chit at its worst. feels like one of those early Marvel movies before they found their footing. Brie Larson can't act and most of the supporting characters are horrible besides Sam Jackson and the guy who plays the lead Skrull. there are some really stupid twists and retcons inside the movie that make the whole experience worse. also had the worst action of any Marvel movie. the tone was inconsistent and the movie didn't know when to take its self seriously. 

2/5 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

had some time to think about Captain Marvel and this is what I think. 

Painfully average at its best and horribly chit at its worst. feels like one of those early Marvel movies before they found their footing. Brie Larson can't act and most of the supporting characters are horrible besides Sam Jackson and the guy who plays the lead Skrull. there are some really stupid twists and retcons inside the movie that make the whole experience worse. also had the worst action of any Marvel movie. the tone was inconsistent and the movie didn't know when to take its self seriously. 

2/5 

The more I think about it, the less fondly I remember it. Wouldn't even give it this much credit cause Iron Man and Captain America had some decent action scenes but Captain Marvel looked like a movie straight out of the 90s, but not intentionally. Captain Marvel and The Last Jedi just goes to show if you put enough SJW feminazism in your movie, most critics will have no choice but to give you a good review. 

• Like 1

Came back from seeing Alita: Battle Angel (or Battle Angel Alita as it is originally titled).

Liked it a lot. Pretty faithful to the manga, but it's been like 15 years since I read them. Well executed with some great fight scenes, emotionally engaging and a great heroine; Alita herself is worth the ticket.

• Like 2

i saw Us on opening night and i will try to do my best to review it without spoiling anything as i feel it is best to go in blind.

the actors did a good job. the film was beautifully shot and directed. Jordan Peele genuinely knows how to create tension and suspense in a scene. my biggest problem with the movie comes at the end and to avoid spoilers i'll leave it at that. overall its a good movie but get out is definitely better.

3.5/5 

James Cameron is going to further ruin the Terminator franchise. He is making a new movie that will be a direct sequel to T2 and will ignore all of the other movies.

Terminator: Dark Fate

terminator-dark-fate.jpg

.... recently watched

Dirt - Motley Crue bio - meh

Dragged Across Concrete- Gibson, Vaughn, Johnson, Jai - good movie

Boiler Room - Affleck, Vin D - meh

2019draggedacrosscement.png?resize=175,3

3 hours ago, juice64011 said:

James Cameron is going to further ruin the Terminator franchise. He is making a new movie that will be a direct sequel to T2 and will ignore all of the other movies.

terminator-dark-fate.jpg

Oh FFS this makes me rage

• Like 2

7 hours ago, juice64011 said:

terminator-dark-fate.jpg

Needs more SJWs

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OzStraya said:

That is Murphy Brown on the right isn't it?  

I'm pretty sure it's Steven Tyler. 

Him and the PC police are going to finish what the real police couldn't finish in Terminator 2. 

On 3/13/2019 at 11:55 AM, VertFTW said:

Marvel movies I will never watch:

Black Panther

Capitan marvel (newly added)

Black Panther is a good movie.. Captain Marvel was ok.. I suggest you check out Black Panther

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

Black Panther is a good movie.. Captain Marvel was ok.. I suggest you check out Black Panther

lol you never listened to my recent suggestions why should I listen to yours?

2 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

lol you never listened to my recent suggestions why should I listen to yours?

Im sorry what were your recent suggestions?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, juice64011 said:

terminator-dark-fate.jpg

Why would the greatest director of all time ruin the series that made him?

If this has something to do with SJWs, I don't get it. Those idiots tried shaming him for Alita (too sexy or something) while ignoring his past of bringing THE best female characters ever to the silver screen. That's Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor (and many more). That's like blaming Jesus for ruining the bible.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

We havent forgotten bruh.

You should start a poll vert, you vs Freddy, let the forum decide who gets to stay

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, TigerChamp said:

You should start a poll vert, you vs Freddy, let the forum decide who gets to stay

Id fight freddie irl lol

• Like 1

Just went and seen Us. 

The first two acts are ok with some pretty funny parts overall. 

Third act chit gets ridiculous, if I didn’t have a cinema card I’d want my money back for having to sit through that. 

14 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Just went and seen Us. 

The first two acts are ok with some pretty funny parts overall. 

Third act chit gets ridiculous, if I didn’t have a cinema card I’d want my money back for having to sit through that. 

Did they add a random post credit scene where they shoehorned a scene in where M'baku was pushing his liberal agenda on congress or sumptin?  

1 minute ago, brunofr418 said:

how do i post spoilers in this thread 

Just preface it with something about KSW or OneFc, people seem to stop reading after seeing that

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

how do i post spoilers in this thread 

I forget, the spoiler tag used to be in the options can never find it myself now

30 minutes ago, TUF said:

Did they add a random post credit scene where they shoehorned a scene in where M'baku was pushing his liberal agenda on congress or sumptin?  

To be fair he is probably who I enjoyed most of the movie, has some really funny comedic moments.

All in all a complete dumpster fire though.

• Like 1

Kind of interested in the Pet Semetary remake but IDK. Not to keen on remakes tbh. 

Looking forward to The Mule 4k release April 2nd.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Kind of interested in the Pet Semetary remake but IDK. Not to keen on remakes tbh. 

You seen it yet? I know never to expect a bad film from Eastwood but this was surprisingly attention grabbing after I read the premise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

That film doesn't even need colour let alone 4k lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

You seen it yet? I know never to expect a bad film from Eastwood but this was surprisingly attention grabbing after I read the premise.

I saw it and reviewed it here smh  lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jolldan said:

I never got a chance to see it in theaters unfortunately. I heard some good things about it and some iffy things

re-watched 2 Gandolfini's yesterday .... 2001

The Mexican w/ Pitt, Roberts, Hackman

and The Last Castle w/ Redford

both good 7-8 ish ...

inception - 2010 - Dicaprio, Hardy, Caine ...

fairly clever, good flick -

inception13.jpg

Edited by Bezerker101
  • Like 1

Just now, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I watched "Goodnight Mommy" the other night. It's German horror film. I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. 

Was probably better than Pet Sematary, Lithgow was enjoyable the rest pretty much sucked. 

When will horror directors realise that unless there is a lot of them or they have powers kids are simply not scary. Was multiple scenes where I was just left thinking "I would have hit this bish with one of them yolo knee's and took her head clean off about 10 different times by now"🤣

• Like 1