Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

8 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Related image

Went and seen this last night, complete and utter garbage

There are 2 ways to get me to never watch your movie and that is putting Jason Clarke or Miles Teller in it. Not sure if it's their unlikable faces, or they both just seem like they have to act x2 in every role they're in. One, they're acting the part they're playing and the second is trying not to act like the giant a**hole I expect them both to be in IRL.

Image result for jason clarke

Image result for miles teller

Edited by TUF
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TUF said:

There are 2 ways to get me to never watch your movie and that is putting Jason Clarke or Miles Teller in it. Not sure if it's their unlikable faces, or they both just seem like they have to act x2 in every role they're in. One, they're acting the part they're playing and the second is trying not to act like the giant a**hole I expect them both to be in IRL.

Image result for jason clarke

Image result for miles teller

I agree, War Dogs was pretty good tho

9 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I agree, War Dogs was pretty good tho

That's the closest I've ever come to actively seeking out a Miles Teller movie but in the end, not even the magnetic raw charisma of Jonah Hill could balance out the cold dead joy vacuum that is Miles Teller. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Was probably better than Pet Sematary, Lithgow was enjoyable the rest pretty much sucked. 

When will horror directors realise that unless there is a lot of them or they have powers kids are simply not scary. Was multiple scenes where I was just left thinking "I would have hit this bish with one of them yolo knee's and took her head clean off about 10 different times by now"🤣

that little Bish from The Ring would fook you up worse than Jorge did Till, m8

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TUF said:

If your cancer got AIDS

watched the trailer cos I sure as fook ain't watching the film 

• Haha 2

Pikachu is going to fook up Endgames chances at passing Avatar. I don't see it passing 2.7 billion. Infinity War only reached 2 billion and was far more rewatchable than EG. Can't see a lot of Stan's investing another 3 hours in a theater. It just peaked early with all the people looking to avoid spoilers. It's going to be a cold, dark world when Avatar and it's sequels hold the top 5 box office spots. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TUF said:

If your cancer got AIDS

I feel like I've lost some one my life. ... and I regret hitting play 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eclipse76 said:

I feel like I've lost some one my life. ... and I regret hitting play 

Jim Carey, Cyclops from X-Men, cashing in on the popularity of Sonic? 2002 wants it's movie back. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TUF said:

Added to Netflix today

Image result for Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile

We will need the hot take on dis later 

• Like 2

On 4/30/2019 at 9:25 AM, TUF said:

If your cancer got AIDS

Type of chit you watch to piss off your old lady & ignore her. 

2 hours ago, TUF said:

Added to Netflix today

Ted Bundy story & John Malkovich....I'm in

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Just going to ignore the storied career of the kid from 6th Sense?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TUF said:

Not an Efron fan. I can't think of any movies i saw him in only know him because his name is dropped sometimes in Hollywood/talkshows/wimmen as a heart throb but i don't pay attention to Hollywood/celeb stuff besides the stuff i like so i wouldn't even know him if it weren't for that.

I don't remember 6th sense at all besides the famous i see dead people line. When i was really into video editing I made a video one time with me transparent as a ghost just to learn how to do it and i walked up to the camera all spooky and dropped that "i see dead people" line. 

7 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Not an Efron fan. I can't think of any movies i saw him in only know him because his name is dropped sometimes in Hollywood/talkshows/wimmen as a heart throb but i don't pay attention to Hollywood/celeb stuff besides the stuff i like so i wouldn't even know him if it weren't for that.

I don't remember 6th sense at all besides the famous i see dead people line. When i was really into video editing I made a video one time with me transparent as a ghost just to learn how to do it and i walked up to the camera all spooky and dropped that "i see dead people" line. 

ah yes Zac Efron, the 6th Sense kid. Amazing what modern day beards will do for your physique these days

Image result for 6th sense kid then and now

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TUF said:

ah yes Zac Efron, the 6th Sense kid. Amazing what modern day beards will do for your physique these days

Lol wut? That's not Zac. That's Haley something not sure what his last name is. He's been in a lot of films I've seen. 

I'm googling Lilly Collins right now. Don't recall seeing her in anything but RAWR!!!

LilyCollins.jpg

20 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Lol wut? That's not Zac. That's Haley something not sure what his last name is. He's been in a lot of films I've seen. 

lol read your response to this

55 minutes ago, TUF said:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TUF said:

lol read your response to this

I see now. Yeah your post confused me lol. I didn't recognize Haley on the Ted Bundy movie poster and thought your were referring to Zac and i thought maybe he had a part in the 6th sense movie just not the lead. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

I see now. Yeah your post confused me lol. I didn't recognize Haley on the Ted Bundy movie poster and thought your were referring to Zac and i thought maybe he had a part in the 6th sense movie just not the lead. 

Cautiously optimistic about it as Netflix released movies usually come in handicapped by critics anyways 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/extremely_wicked_shockingly_evil_and_vile

On 5/3/2019 at 1:42 PM, TUF said:

Cautiously optimistic about it as Netflix released movies usually come in handicapped by critics anyways 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/extremely_wicked_shockingly_evil_and_vile

@TUF i watched it today. Critics were accurate it was ok but kinda blah. I was half expecting it to be sorta Silence of the Lambsish shocking & memorable but nothing really happened. If you've seen the real documentary before there is nothing new here & they played it very safe. 

Only thing that got me through it is Lilly is a smoke show. I'll give this movie 2 faps out of 5. 

• Like 1

watched fighting in the family.  thought it finished before it got reeeeallly good....

was a fun watch though tbf

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 7:34 AM, TUF said:

Added to Netflix today

On 5/3/2019 at 9:38 AM, Eclipse76 said:

We will need the hot take on dis later 

On 5/3/2019 at 10:15 AM, StompGrind said:

started it, paused it, .. thinking about it, fell asleep ... Malkovich would obviously be the only reason to continue this Bundirama

• Like 1

I'm surprised blazing saddles hasn't been #meetoo'd out of existence.  Forgot how blatant it is, lol

• Like 2

On 5/3/2019 at 9:34 AM, TUF said:

Added to Netflix today

It's meh, it would have been a good story if they didn't just jump between their relationship and wiki page highlights. 

Efron and Lily did a good job though. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, juice64011 said:

It's meh, it would have been a good story if they didn't just jump between their relationship and wiki page highlights. 

Efron and Lily did a good job though. 

yeah, it was done well, .. just not my thing though

On 5/3/2019 at 10:45 AM, TUF said:

he looks like Sober

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Watched Legend of Cocaine Island documentary the other day on Netflix. Was pretty good & edited really well. Literally a cool story bro. 

• Like 2

unnamed-1-2-768x579.jpg

meh' .. a little better than a genuine cheapie .. but basically same-old same-old,

the mom, (Jennifer Holland) was in "Zombie Strippers" -

The Mortal Kombat Film Reboot Is Starting Pre-Production

Image result for mortal kombat movie

The long in development Mortal Kombat film reboot is at last getting off the ground and will begin pre-production this month. It's apparently going to the largest ever movie filmed and produced in South Australia, creating hundreds of jobs in the region.

A new Mortal Kombat film has been kicked around Warner Bros. since 2011, with different writers and directors being attached to the project in that time. Back in 2016 Simon McQuoid was revealed as the director and earlier this year Greg Russo tweeted that he had completed the script:

Now it seems the film is actually going ahead with a public announcement earlier today in Adelaide, Australia stating that the film was going into pre-production and hiring for the development team ramping up.

It sounds like the games are being used as a jumping off point, rather than something that's being stuck to religiously. "We've gone back to the absolute sort of source material and we've taken that and we are turning that into an epic world," McQuoid is quoted as saying in ABC. "On the surface, the game works a certain way, but we've kind of gone deeper than that."

Filming is due to take place at the end of the year, so the absolute earliest we can expect a release will be in 2020.

Please don't be terrible!

33 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

The Mortal Kombat Film Reboot Is Starting Pre-Production

Image result for mortal kombat movie

The long in development Mortal Kombat film reboot is at last getting off the ground and will begin pre-production this month. It's apparently going to the largest ever movie filmed and produced in South Australia, creating hundreds of jobs in the region.

A new Mortal Kombat film has been kicked around Warner Bros. since 2011, with different writers and directors being attached to the project in that time. Back in 2016 Simon McQuoid was revealed as the director and earlier this year Greg Russo tweeted that he had completed the script:

Now it seems the film is actually going ahead with a public announcement earlier today in Adelaide, Australia stating that the film was going into pre-production and hiring for the development team ramping up.

It sounds like the games are being used as a jumping off point, rather than something that's being stuck to religiously. "We've gone back to the absolute sort of source material and we've taken that and we are turning that into an epic world," McQuoid is quoted as saying in ABC. "On the surface, the game works a certain way, but we've kind of gone deeper than that."

Filming is due to take place at the end of the year, so the absolute earliest we can expect a release will be in 2020.

Please don't be terrible!

Unless it's got Christopher Lambert in, will not watch. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Unless it's got Christopher Lambert in, will not watch. 

Imagine if it didn't and instead Ronda Rousey somehow parlayed her voice acting in the most recent Mortal Kombat game into the actual role of Sonya Blade. This would be the worst timeline. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Picked up Alien in 4k and also Blackhawk Down in 4k. 

Watched Alien the other night. It is super clean. For $14 it's a great price for a  great movie. 

I'll try to watch BHD tonight and see how it compares to my blu ray. 

Also getting another OLED today so I wanna get it fired up. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Picked up Alien in 4k and also Blackhawk Down in 4k. 

Watched Alien the other night. It is super clean. For $14 it's a great price for a  great movie. 

I'll try to watch BHD tonight and see how it compares to my blu ray. 

Also getting another OLED today so I wanna get it fired up. 

Was just thinking about rewatching this movie. Can't think of a movie that has aged better with all the randys in it. 

Took the kids to Pokemon. Was as good as a Pokemon movie probably could be. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TUF said:

Took the kids to Pokemon. Was as good as a Pokemon movie probably could be. 

I remember going to see the first pokemon movie back in the day. Hope it was as memorable for him as it was for me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I remember going to see the first pokemon movie back in the day. Hope it was as memorable for him as it was for me. 

Theyre balls deep in Pokemon lore at the moment. Seeing John Wick tommorrow. JW 2 was a step back for me.

6 hours ago, TUF said:

Theyre balls deep in Pokemon lore at the moment. Seeing John Wick tommorrow. JW 2 was a step back for me.

JW2 was awful. I hope 3 is as good as ITR says because I really liked #1

• Like 1