Pigs-On-The-Wing

SN43's Movie Discussion Thread!

1 minute ago, Bezerker101 said:

action or history

Cool will just chuck a few names out for each of the ones I think that aren't usually as popular. 

Action

Taking of Pelham 123 (2013), The Rock, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Three Kings, The Rundown, Dredd (2012), Escape Plan, Lawless

History 

Defiance, The Patriot, There Will Be Blood, The Last King of Scotland, Enemy At The Gates, Bridge of Spies, Rush, Munich

Random suggestion: The Escapist

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Cool will just chuck a few names out for each of the ones I think that aren't usually as popular. 

Action

Taking of Pelham 123 (2013), The Rock, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Three Kings, The Rundown, Dredd (2012), Escape Plan, Lawless

History 

Defiance, The Patriot, There Will Be Blood, The Last King of Scotland, Enemy At The Gates, Bridge of Spies, Rush, Munich

Random suggestion: The Escapist

.... have selected DDL/ There Will be Blood .... for Fri. night

There_Will_Be_Blood_Poster.jpg

Creed 2. Thought it was going to be a money grab but was a fun watch.

Edited by TUF

1 hour ago, Bezerker101 said:

slightly predictable ?

I mean the alternative was Drogo Jr killing a Creed again soooo...?

Escape Room - 7/10

Combines the concept behind the Cube and Saw movies, but without much gore. Watchable if not ground breaking. Could have done without the last 5 mins or so completely exposing the organisation behind the "games" and their processes.

Wonder if it's just Endgame hangover but seems like we're getting ever closer to a Disney overlord monopoly when any non-Disney movie is bombing lately. $33 million for Dark Phoenix last weekend and $28 million for Men In Black this weekend. 

watched a whole bunch this weekend, got sort it out in my head,  the new Shaft is ok, .. didn't need to be 2hrs though - comedy

Finished watching Soprano's. Didn't like the final season that much nor the ending but GOAT show none the less. Minus the crime & murder me & Tony have some things in common. 

Was gonna get around to watching Boardwalk Empire but i'm a little mafia'ed out so i'm probably gonna start watching Chernobyl.

MIB - went into this reluctantly, .. it was actually ok .. they could never sell it w/o the big names,

Emma Thompson & Ariana Grande make appearances - better than Aladdin w/ Will Smith by 10 miles ................... 7ish

MIB-International-poster-2.png?ssl=1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bezerker101 said:

MIB - went into this reluctantly, .. it was actually ok .. they could never sell it w/o the big names,

Emma Thompson & Ariana Grande make appearances - better than Aladdin w/ Will Smith by 10 miles ................... 7ish

If they were planning on a rebooted franchise, it looks like it's DOA. Did worse than Dark Phoenix opening weekend. 

23 minutes ago, TUF said:

If they were planning on a rebooted franchise, it looks like it's DOA. Did worse than Dark Phoenix opening weekend. 

Hemsworth was not made to play a 21yr old looking clean-cut skinny dude wearing a suit ..... Teresa Thompson is bosomless,

not a gray hair on 68yr old Neesom's head - Hollywood meh -

Edited by Bezerker101
  • Like 1

some of my nieces and nephews ( 8-12yrs old ) were here last weekend, put them in room w/  Shazam & Alita,

.... they went nutz in a good way -

• Like 1

Just now, Bezerker101 said:

some of my nieces and nephews ( 8-12yrs old ) were here last weekend, put them in room w/  Shazam & Alita,

.... they went nutz in a good way - 

Shazam is the best thing DC have done since Wonder Woman imo

Image result for get him batman gif

Didn't fancy that Alita, she looked like if you tried to make a real life anime character, was it any good?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Shazam is the best thing DC have done since Wonder Woman imo

Image result for get him batman gif

Didn't fancy that Alita, she looked like if you tried to make a real life anime character, was it any good?

tear jerker love story, her battle classification is Berzerker (seriously), ..... my opinion would be biased -

• Like 2

was watching Aftermath 2019 w/ Clarke & Knightley' .. lost interest and bailed after 45 min,

now watching The Hummingbird Project 2019 w/ Eisenberg & Hayek -

* 50 min in - man, Salma milf looks good, I wasn't thinking about going out later, ... I am now-

TheHummingbirdProject2019_Final.jpg

Edited by Bezerker101

was watching Aftermath 2019 w/ Clarke & Knightley' .. lost interest and bailed after 45 min,

now watching The Hummingbird Project 2019 w/ Eisenberg & Hayek -

* 50 min in - man, Salma milf looks good, I wasn't thinking about going out later, ... I am now-

TheHummingbirdProject2019_Final.jpg

slow paced  drama, some people will like it > not my thing - seen much worse doe, well made ....

On 6/18/2019 at 4:35 PM, Bezerker101 said:

Went and seen it last night thought it was ok at best like you said. 

God know whos was in charge of editing this as the first 30-45 minutes feel really long, felt like if they got the actual story going quicker things could have been better.

Agree that neither Hemsworth or Thompson shine here, you know your movie isn't great when my main highlight was that little alien Pawny.

• Like 1

City of Lies- Johnny Depp stars as Russell Poole a lead investigator in the Biggie murder, later turned Private Investigator after being told to quit investigating due to him implicating the LAPD. The movie was supposed to be released last year but has been indefinitely delayed. They eventually did a small release in Italy. Really weird for a movie that would make hundreds of millions to be delayed. Some claim it's due to Depp's bad headlines, others say it got shut down by higher ups in LA. 

Interesting story if you are curious about that murder or more importantly the cover up. 7/10

• Like 2

On 6/14/2019 at 1:56 PM, Bezerker101 said:

.... have selected DDL/ There Will be Blood .... for Fri. night

There_Will_Be_Blood_Poster.jpg

71jx5TwSu6L._SY679_.jpg

.... damn good movie -

The Seven Five on Netflix

Documentary about Police Precinct 75 in New York in the 80s. It's known as one of the most corrupt police precincts ever. The whole documentary is told by two of the main corrupt cops and the drug dealer that was paying them. 

2 hours ago, juice64011 said:

The Seven Five on Netflix

Documentary about Police Precinct 75 in New York in the 80s. It's known as one of the most corrupt police precincts ever. The whole documentary is told by two of the main corrupt cops and the drug dealer that was paying them. 

.... sounds like Fort Apache, The Bronx ?

Violet and Daisy -  w/ 2 girls I never heard of, James Gandolfini, Danny Trejo - (2014)

Gandolfini steals the show - ok movie  >  6.4

violet-and-daisy.jpg

14 hours ago, TUF said:

Toy Story 4 - meh/10

The fact that you dared to suggest Dark Phoenix was okay, then dissed Toy Story makes me question the strength of our online friendship mate.

It was a good watch. 

2 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

The fact that you dared to suggest Dark Phoenix was okay, then dissed Toy Story makes me question the strength of our online friendship mate.

It was a good watch. 

If it's indeed the last chapter then it's a hard 5/10 for me. TS 3 wrapped things up so nicely and everybody seemed true to their characters and got proper arcs.

If it's just another chapter then it was above average 8/10. No doubt it was the best looking TS but it's the antithesis of Dark Phoenix for me. DP needed to happen because of how badly they screwed up that story line in the Last Stand. Which was 16 years ago. People talk about it like Hulk 2003 and Hulk 2008. 

TS 4 had no reason for existing after TS 3 other than $ so I assumed they would atleast justify it by wrapping up some storylines of other characters but it was more like Woody: A Toy Story Story and they didn't even get that right. The whole series is about friendship and loyalty and they chit all over that. Woody is loyal to Andy for 3 movies despite everything but doesn't get played with by this girl 3 times in a row and he fooks off? It also ruined TS 3 for me a bit because Andy tells this girl how special Woody is and to take good care of him and he gets forgotten about and replaced by a spoon in a couple weeks? Buzz's role is even more perplexing. He spends 3 movies evolving and forgetting about what he's programmed to say and do and in this movie he's nerfed so badly he's reserved to pushing his buttons for advice? He also abandons Woody at some point. The whole gang really took a back seat to Woody the whole movie which I could understand if Woody was on some cause in the end to help other toys and kids like the girl and her spoon but he basically abandons everybody for Bo? 

And in the end they try to redeem Gabby who didn't deserve to be redeemed. If we were watching a horror movie where the villain kidnapped the hero to rip out his voice box to replace her own, that character would not get a happy ending. wtf

smh I wrote and invested far too much time into this. meh/10 was all encompassing 

• Like 2

watching now ...... reluctantly -

a03904e5-b4ca-4c46-82fe-769b527462ff_1.d

Watched this^ and Blood Glacier, both higher-end gore-fests ... storylines are somewhat creative ... if that matters - ok if you're a fan - GFI

91K55HARsrL._SY445_.jpg

1 hour ago, TUF said:

If it's indeed the last chapter then it's a hard 5/10 for me. TS 3 wrapped things up so nicely and everybody seemed true to their characters and got proper arcs.

If it's just another chapter then it was above average 8/10. No doubt it was the best looking TS but it's the antithesis of Dark Phoenix for me. DP needed to happen because of how badly they screwed up that story line in the Last Stand. Which was 16 years ago. People talk about it like Hulk 2003 and Hulk 2008. 

TS 4 had no reason for existing after TS 3 other than $ so I assumed they would atleast justify it by wrapping up some storylines of other characters but it was more like Woody: A Toy Story Story and they didn't even get that right. The whole series is about friendship and loyalty and they chit all over that. Woody is loyal to Andy for 3 movies despite everything but doesn't get played with by this girl 3 times in a row and he fooks off? It also ruined TS 3 for me a bit because Andy tells this girl how special Woody is and to take good care of him and he gets forgotten about and replaced by a spoon in a couple weeks? Buzz's role is even more perplexing. He spends 3 movies evolving and forgetting about what he's programmed to say and do and in this movie he's nerfed so badly he's reserved to pushing his buttons for advice? He also abandons Woody at some point. The whole gang really took a back seat to Woody the whole movie which I could understand if Woody was on some cause in the end to help other toys and kids like the girl and her spoon but he basically abandons everybody for Bo? 

And in the end they try to redeem Gabby who didn't deserve to be redeemed. If we were watching a horror movie where the villain kidnapped the hero to rip out his voice box to replace her own, that character would not get a happy ending. wtf

smh I wrote and invested far too much time into this. meh/10 was all encompassing 

Lol I respect you enough to tell you I'm not reading this my friend. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Lol I respect you enough to tell you I'm not reading this my friend. 

1 hour ago, TUF said:

lol i have ragrets

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TUF said:

lol i have ragrets

Don't worry. I could've wrote an absolute thesis on why GOT season 8 sucked but you wouldn't have changed your mind. I'm the same with this Toy Story lol .

3 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Don't worry. I could've wrote an absolute thesis on why GOT season 8 sucked but you wouldn't have changed your mind. I'm the same with this Toy Story lol .

Would read. 

TLDR: They nerfed Buzz, fooked Woody's arc, slightly tarnished TS 3s ending, Gabby WTF?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TUF said:

Would read. 

TLDR: They nerfed Buzz, fooked Woody's arc, slightly tarnished TS 3s ending, Gabby WTF?

I gave up with the GOT thread because everyone gets mad triggered when anyone tries to suggest an issue lol.

I can accept all that to be fair mate, I just liked it for what it was regardless. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

I gave up with the GOT thread because everyone gets mad triggered when anyone tries to suggest an issue lol.

I can accept all that to be fair mate, I just liked it for what it was regardless. 

TLDR me your issues. I've heard a lot of salt but no alternatives from Stans.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TUF said:

TLDR me your issues. I've heard a lot of salt but no alternatives from Stans.  

Basically, I actually quite like what they did, I just hate how they did it. I just thought it didn't flow at all. Like, I can totally get on board with Bran being king, but it's kinda like, why the **** would tyrion just get to decide that? Most people on the committee hate him lol..

It's like they essentially forgot everything that happened before for the basis of the season. 

I can actually articulate my problems with it in person, it just really doesn't come across well lmao. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Basically, I actually quite like what they did, I just hate how they did it. I just thought it didn't flow at all. Like, I can totally get on board with Bran being king, but it's kinda like, why the **** would tyrion just get to decide that? Most people on the committee hate him lol..

It's like they essentially forgot everything that happened before for the basis of the season. 

I can actually articulate my problems with it in person, it just really doesn't come across well lmao. 

Wish there was more genuine holes to read like this instead of just rustled ramblings from other Stans but even then, I thought most of this was pretty explainable. Tyrion turned on Dany and Cersei making him a friend of their enemies and he was right in there eyes about Bran. And the alternative was letting Jon die so. 

Bronn's heel turn was the only trigger for me. 

• Like 1